Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]

compose a reply
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Dec 4, 2022 2:16:52 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Kei nodded. Waiting for the guy to fall asleep was a good idea. It wouldn't be long, now.

The fellow continued to write for about 20 more minutes, before closing the ledger shut, and going to his quarters to rest. The journal, as Kei noticed, was being put into the drawer of the table. Eventually, the light was turned off, and 20 minutes later, all went quiet there too. Now was the time to act. Kei commanded her bandages to snake under the window, and pull on the hinge closing it. Allowing it to be pulled up, carefully, slowly. Half-way through, the window stuck. Could not be pulled any further without jamming. But, perhaps, this was enough. Giving Kazue a nod, she slipped in, feet first, then the rest. Landing softly on the floor, and listening to the sounds. 

"Ish clear~"

She would make her way to the table, and gently rummage through the drawers. First one, second one... until she found the small, hidden one straight under the desk, and put her hand in there. She could feel the soft surface of the journal, and snatched it right up. Tossing it over to Kazue, she expected him to look through it, see if they could use it for their purposes, while she took a few other things from here. Letters, notes, anything really. That could help the cause.
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Dec 22, 2022 2:01:22 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]NIGHTMARE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AND IT'S COMING THROUGH THE STEREO!

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

Comin' Thru the Stereo feat. Hyro the Hero Hollywood Undead

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

Kazue waited patiently with Kei for the rest of the ship to go to sleep. Letting her use her eyes as he took in their surroundings and began his sketches. There wasn't anything in the mission details about reconnaissance, but it helped fill the time on long jobs like this. And reconnaissance wasn't a bad thing to bring back from a mission, either. When it finally came time to act, Kazue put his notes away and would approach with Kei. They crept through a window into the cabin, which Kazue almost broke because of his frame. But he was able to get through, and without making a sound at that. He blinked when she tossed him the ledger. He looked through it briefly, making a brief flipping noise, before nudging her. "Kei, I can't read that well. So unless you want us to be here all night, you're gonna have to do the reading. Most operations like this use a second ledger; one for clean books and one for the other stuff. If we find a second ledger that should be proof enough." He handed the ledger back to her and went rummaging through the desk himself, shortly producing another ledger. She had found the hidden one, he had found the normal one. "Right. So that should have all the illegal stuff in it. We could hang him with this alone." He shook the book back and forth a bit as he waited for Kei to make a decision. "Unless you think that's not good enough."[break][break]
Ralof: Hey, you. You're finally awake.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 19, 2023 14:27:09 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
They have obtained the evidence! Now it was time to go!

Having found nothing else, Kei went back and towards the opened window. She made a sign for Kazue to follow her out, and escape the boat! They got what they wanted, anyway. Soon enough, she'd disappear into the rain, hiding the journal underneath the bandages. And so would, no doubt, her friend. In about 20 minutes they would reach a nice, dry place somewhere near the harbor, underneath a roof. It is there where they could read through the manual again, and discuss their next move.

"Glorious success!
We got the stuff,
Now all we need is send a message,
And promise that things would get rough."

The plan for tomorrow was set. One of the names mentioned in the ledger - a medical merchant and producer of medicine named Shiomaru. The things he procured had something to do with a portable chemical laboratory, one they could move around. Kei could make a few guesses about what they were going to do with that lab. Perhaps something Kirigakure couild be interested in? They rented a small shack by the shore, away from other places and people. Maya would offer Kazue to knock at the door, and get the person's attention. 
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 19, 2023 23:26:16 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

Apparently, Kei agreed with him that they had the evidence necessary to blackmail the merchant back at the docks. She made for the exit and gestured for him to follow. He nodded and tucked both of the ledgers away into his side bag, climbing out the window and closing it silently behind them. It might be good to send a message by leaving the window open, but he figured it would be much better to do things the traditional way and leave no traces of the infiltration. Only show them that they held all the cards when they needed to reveal them. He followed Kei all the way back to a secure location- and a dryer one, as well- and she began to speak in her odd way again. Kazue was beginning to accept that it was just her weird way of speaking. "Alrighty then. So let's hunt the guy down and convince him to do his nerd shit in the Mist."[break][break]The next morning, they would approach a small shack that was supposed to be housing the equipment they had discovered using the information from the ledger. Kazue nodded to Kei when she suggested that he should be the one to initiate contact with them. Since they were working with criminals, Kazue suspected that he might be a cautious type, and so when he came to knock, he hardened his bones under his skin in advance as he rapped on the door. Tucking his hands into his pockets as he waited for the man to open it, he stood there in his casual clothes with the intimidating stare he had developed.[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Jan 19, 2023 23:29:25 GMT -5
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Feb 19, 2023 9:28:55 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The next day the two of them went to visit their very curious doctor. He lived in a shack away from the others, not a people's person from the looks of it! They knocked at the door, and soon there was a bit of noise on the other side. The eye-slit slid open, and a pair of eyes looked at them. These eyes looked cautious. 

"Who are you? What do you want?"

Kei clapped her hands and hopped a bit, excitedly, seeing that their guess was quite correct! He was here. Now, all they needed was an audience. She replied, quietly enough for the person behind the door to hear:

"Excuse me, sir! I am a patient, 
In dire need to be seen through.
Would you, perhaps, by any chance be
A doctor named Shiomaru?"

When she said her words, in such a sing-a-song way, the heavy bolt behind the door was open. On the other side there was a young-looking person, no older than 30. He wore an apron over his kimono, it was rather covered in smudges from all sorts of medicaments. He looked over Kei, something akin to pity crossed his face.

"Gods, what happened to you? You seem very chipper for someone so hurt. I am Shiomaru, yes. Not a doctor, exactly, but I know a few things. What would you like to buy? I have a few painkilling substances, if you like..."

He seemed nice, and was willing to let Kei inside. Though he did give the boy an odd look, should he follow through. Still, he let both inside, and closed the door behind. There were many medical things in here, and a small alchemical lab. Bubbling bottles and the like. How would such a man end up in such squalor?
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Mar 15, 2023 23:37:38 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Kazue kept his glare focused on the man as he opened the door, and indeed, he followed Kei through after the two had exchanged pleasantries. Only then would he avert his gaze so that he could look around the decrepit place. It sure did look like a broken down place for what a self-acclaimed 'doctor' should be living in. Kazue would slowly pace around and take in any important details while Kei did the talking. She had been the one who wanted to lead, after all, and he was here in case talking didn't work out so well. If it didn't, that's when he would start with his thoughts on how this mission should be going. Maybe Kyouka-sensei was having an impact on how he thought about things...? But he preferred to be more straightforward and blunt about things anyway. So Kazue set about the place, pacing slowly and making sure to touch things that didn't belong to him, looking at them with some mild interest before setting them back down. Usually haphazardly or at least not in the original position that he picked them up from. No one much liked having their stuff moved around; he wanted to make the man uncomfortable, or at least see if he reacted to someone appearing to be looking for something inside his establishment.[break][break][break][break]

Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]May 6, 2023 16:26:03 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
They were in! And that was half the battle.

The other half was to convince this fellow, Shiomaru, to cooperate. Kei had a few ideas. She looked around the place. Obviously, whatever station he purchased was not really here. Had to be someplace else. But the location was not necessary. They knew he had it. So, all that had to be done now was to ... talk. The man offered her a seat, and so she did. He sat opposite to her, intent to listen. Soon enough, Kei started her shpiel. 

"So, young lady, how may Shiomaru alleviate your pains?"

"My pain is manageable, thank you.
But when it comes to certain items
A ledger says to come to you."

The man blinked a few times, not understanding what she said, not immediately. "A... a ledger? What ledger?"

When asked, Kei presented him the book. She opened it on the right page, and clear as day, there was his name, right next to the purchases of equipment and reagents. Time, date, even a sign of some kind. When she did, the fellow's expression changed through a few emotions. Confusion turned to anger, and anger turned to fear. His hand reached instinctively to grab a knife of some kind from his medical table. 

"Please do not do anything silly.
We know what's written here is true.
But if it comes to confrontation, 
There's two of us, and one of you."

Kei sounded surprisingly calm, announcing that. The man looked at her, at Kazue, then at his own hand holding a knife. Then, he let go. The expression changing to begrudging acceptance. "What do you want from me?"

"It seems that you do have some talent.
And you don't want to cause a fuss.
Instead of being a petty dealer,
Why not come over, work for us?"

The man blinked, his eyes narrowed.

"Uh-huh... And if I refuse?"

"Book goes to guards." - Kei answered as plainly as possible. She was running out of rhymes to speak with this man.Groaning, he hung his head from the shoulders.

"So either I do what you want, or I'm busted, is that it? Fine. What do you want me to do..."
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Sept 14, 2023 20:33:54 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Kazue continued idly messing with Shiomaru's possessions while listening intently to the conversation that he was having with Kei. They had agreed that he was supposed to discourage Shiomaru from any erratic behavior. So when the ledger was presented and Shiomaru went for a knife, Kei's gentle warming was accompanied by a prompt knife throw from Kazue. The blade pierced the table while gliding along the flesh of Shiomaru's wrist, effectively pinning his closed hand to the table without inflicting any serious injuries on the man. Kazue walked over slowly and confidently, closing his hand around the blade's handle while looking down at Shiomaru. "Cool it," Kazue cautioned. When Shiomaru seemed open to continuing the discussion without trying to fight either of them, he pulled the knife from the table with a grunt and slid it back into its resting place. Kazue took two paces away and watched them while the conversation continued.[break][break]
Shiomaru was submitting to them after Kei threatened to give his ledger over to the guards and inform them of his contraband. Shiomaru asked them what he needed to do next, and Kazue decided to step into the conversation since Kei seemed to be running out of rhyming material. "Like we said. You're gonna come with us. You pack up all the shit you're gonna need. You have less than an hour. We're tossing everything you don't need, and after that, you're getting on a boat." Kazue stepped forward again slowly, flipping the knife around a bit and showing his deft work with it. "You try to run... you'll go swimming with no tendons. Call for help, I'll cut you down. You're gonna come do business in our house... so lighten up. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay." Kazue gave him another stare with his serious face, though one of the corners of his lips was pulling up into a smirk. "We're on a tight schedule. Best get packing."[break][break]

Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Sept 17, 2023 16:41:32 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"I... I... okay! Okay! I'll go... Where are we going, anyway?"

One hour was all the guy was given. So, he went to packing. A hastily-written note was left to whoever would come to collect rent for the house, that he went on a "business trip" and will be unlikely to come back. Kei and Kazue would watch the fellow throughout the ordeal. He seemed spooked to say the least, but Kei did her best to alleviate his worries. Told him about all kinds of business opportunities waiting to where they were going, all kinds of incentive programs that their boss-person told them about.

And they were true, too! 

The fellow smiled and nodded, nervously. Likely already regretting to have ever crossed those illegal tradesmen. Still, Kei was sure, that after they arrived and he saw all that Land of Water had to offer, he'd be more at ease about his future! And prefer the carrot to the knife.

The boat departing from the coastal town arrived within the hour. And the three of them would board it, and leave just the way they came. A bandaged ninja, a sharp ninja, and a very spooked-looking pharmacist. Kei was beaming with joy. Hoped she made the Mizukage proud!

[End Mission?]
has written 147 posts