Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]

compose a reply
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 3, 2022 19:03:17 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]MIZERABLE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

mizerable gackt

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

Kazue was excited to get started on this mission. It wasn't something that involved a lot of action; in fact, it was better if there was no action at all. But it was another of those missions where it could be done by him and one other person. And while he enjoyed the missions that he conducted with Toru, he did want to spread his wings a bit. Maybe he should take up a mission with Asuka-sensei sometime, but for now, he was doing it with his third team member, Kei. Kei was a bit of an... odd woman. He'd take her over Kyouka any day, but she was eccentric enough that Kazue was worried about what a mission with her would really be like. He didn't like her any more than Kyouka at the current moment, but this would give him more time to form a proper opinion of her rather than stew over it. He was waiting at the gates for Kei with his gear, but none of the equipment from the village that would give them away as Kirigakure shinobi. He was slightly worried about his katana when leaving for missions like these, but it was better to have it by his side than anything else. Besides, if he had to use the Shikotsumyaku, that would give him away as a Kirigakure shinobi.[break][break]When Kei did arrive at the gates, he jerked his head upwards slightly in greeting. "Hey. Are you ready to go? Far as I can tell, this mission is about threatening merchants into coming with us and then taking them back to the village safely. I don't know what you're really good at with these things, but if you're not up for threatening them, I thought maybe you could try to convince them to come with us, and then if they don't, I start breaking shit. Sound like a plan?" He looked over at Kei and waited patiently for her answer as he started walking in the direction of the Tea Country. He wasn't too worried about the plan currently; they had plenty of time to work out what it is they were going to do while they traveled there.[break][break][break][break]

NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

NAME: Karamatsu no Mai [Dance of the Larch][break]
A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 12, 2022 12:57:18 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
This was going to be Kei's first time outside of Mizu-no-Kuni.

She was excited! Their mission sounded super-important too! To convince important merchants to come to Kirigakure! The mission-giver said many fancy words, some of which the girl even managed to understand! Among them was that one... what was it... 'economic superiority'? 'Diplomatic conquest'? Something like that! Either way, Kei was ready. She thought about the mission all day, and she came up with stuff! So, when her teammate was going to see her, she wasn't empty-handed. The bandaged girl pushed a cart in front of herself. And in that cart there were small statuettes and figurines made out of clay, all painted to look like people and things. Souvenirs, cups, so on and so forth! Kei dressed the part as well, with a cloak, and a big straw hat to cover herself. Truly a merchant, no? Someone to be listened to and trusted! She waved her hand, upon approaching Kazue.

"Hello, and sorry for the wait!
I've made you stand here by the gate."

It was that strange fellow out of the group. To be fair, all three of them were strange, but the other girl in the party was more ... normal. In comparison. This one was oddly unsocial, and mistook social cues even more than Kei did, it seemed! The fact amused the girl, and so she felt to appoint herself as sempai of social matters, and help poor Kazue along, with understanding the word, the people, and other things. When it came to discussing the mission, the strange boy immediately showed his colors, saying that they were to threaten the merchants into coming with them. To that, Kei shook her head so actively, one could think it would spin 360 degrees.

"No no, we should not threaten others,
We're to make friends of them instead!
Invite them, offer salt and bread
So that they would become our brothers
And influence over them spread!"

Kei explained and frowned, before scratching her tongue against her top teeth, briefly. Not her best rhyme, all things considered. She thought some more about what plan they should follow, and a bright idea shined inside her mostly empty head, like a light-bulb.

"I'll talk with them, once we meet someone
Convincing should not be too hard.
I shall pretend to be a merchant,
And you - pretend to be my guard!"

has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 18, 2022 23:31:31 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

mizerable gackt

He expected the older genin to be there before him, but he was surprised. He didn't usually make it to meet-ups before anyone else, but lo and behold, here it was. Kei wasn't too far behind, however, and she approached him soon after, apologizing for keeping him waiting. She was doing that weird rhyming thing that she liked to do, and he raised a brow. "Yeah, no problem. I'm usually the one keeping others waiting, so you're fine." But when he began discussing what they were supposed to be doing with the merchants to convince them to do business in the village instead, Kei seemed to have the completely wrong impression, and said that they shouldn't be threatening the merchants as opposed to trying to befriend them. He blinked at that line of thought from her. "...why do I feel like you haven't done a lot of missions for the village? I don't think that's the way they want this mission done." Some of Kyouka's lessons so far had come to mind, and his lips formed a line as he thought. "But, if it works, it works... so I guess we can give it a try. I don't think we're supposed to be discovered as Mist shinobi though. So I don't know how you're going to go about that with this befriending stuff."[break][break]As they began heading in the direction of their assignment, Kei shared her thoughts further, suggesting that she should be the one trying to convince the merchants and that he should be her guard, for she would be posing as a merchant instead. "Well, that's not too far off from my original idea. So I'll stick with it. But like I said- if you can't convince them with your style, then I'll be using mine." He tucked his hands into his pockets, continuing to walk with her towards their objective. He could already tell that this was going to be an interesting night...[break][break][break][break]

The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Uragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: N/a[break]
The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 21, 2022 13:34:24 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Kei did not do many missions for Kirigakure, that much was true!

In fact, her latest mission involved protecting a warehouse from... what appeared to be a dog! She tried to befriend the dog, but it did not go so well. The dog ran off as soon as it was released, possibly traumatized for life. But this was gonna go different. This time, they had to deal with actual people! So, surely it would go alright. Right? Hearing Kazue relent to her suggestion, Kei smiled under bandages and patted his shoulder.

"You worry not, and trust in Kei!
We're gonna find and meet the merchants
Describe the things that could be purchased
I'm sure they will believe the tale!"

With that, she pushed on the cart, and pulled it forward. It answered with a creak, the little statuettes jiggling and bouncing, as the two went on their way, from the village, and towards the nearest port. The Land of Water was, after all, an island, and the Land of Tea was in the mainland! Which meant that they had to journey all the way to the continent, by boat! Kei was excited and her heart pounded. She wondered what the people of other nations would be like. Were they much different from the somber citizens of Kirigakure? She hoped so. She also hoped to sell her figurines, and make some extra money along the way!

The port was not too far off from the village, as it was an important trading point. People were coming and going, the scents of salt and fish filled the air. Various boats, ranging from small to large were coming and going. 'Huu... I have a cart... Small boats shan't do...' - Kei thought, before dragging herself and the cart towards a place where people were crowding. A sailor from a rather large sailboat was offering passage to tea country. So much she could tell from him advertising the service. Pulling closer, Kei waved her hand to get attention. The man in a small hat covering his balding head, a pointy nose, and scrawny mustache noticed her.

"Passage on board the Unrio will be costing each of you 200 ryo."

Digging in her pockets, Kei provided enough for 2 people. The official eyed the cart behind her, and added:

"For extra luggage it will cost you 200 more ryo."

Kei gulped, as she dug in her pockets some more. She didn't have that much! Reaching into the cart, she picked up a statuette, one that vaguely resembled the person in front of her. He quirked his eyebrow and frowned, as she tried to pass it for payment. 

"200 Ryo or the cart stays in port."

last edit by Waruichi Kei on Jan 21, 2022 13:35:54 GMT -5
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 24, 2022 22:11:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

Kei seemed thankful that he gave in to her request instead of insisting. She tapped his shoulder and told him to trust in her. "As I said... you've got the seniority on this one. So I'm willing to give it a shot. I just don't see how selling them some weird statue things is going to convince them that they should do their business in Kirigakure. That's what I don't understand." He hoped she would be able to clear it up for him in a way that made sense. They soon made their way to a port town, which seemed to be something of a pattern whenever they went on a mission. He didn't think they had gone on a mission yet that didn't require some sort of water travel.[break][break]Kazue scowled when they reached a big ship that Kei was trying to get her cart onto, and apparently didn't produce a document for them to get onto the ship. Sometimes their passage was already paid for, but other times, like this, they had to pay out of pocket. Kei was prepared to cover the two of them for the ship, but not the cart she had brought along. And the guy wasn't willing to take one of her statues as payment to cover the cart. Kazue crossed his arms and sighed, stepping forward to the guy. Maybe he was one of those haggling types. And if he wasn't, Kazue was either going to start throwing elbows or make sure Kei was going to reimburse him for this idea if it didn't pan out. Though he did now technically owe her for paying for his seat. "Oi. That's like another whole person. Are you giving us some private room sized for three? Cause if not, it's not like we asked for some special transportation for it. It's our luggage. You can't tell me it's the price of another whole person. Can't you do better?" He waited to see how the man would respond, seeing if he would go any lower on the off chance the guy just wanted to haggle with them and was trying to make a quick buck off of the cart. "And we'll throw in one of the statues. My friend here puts a lot of work into them."[break][break][break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Uragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]
The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 31, 2022 19:39:14 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The port official rolled his eyes and looked at the clock.

The ship was going to depart in less than 2 minutes, and he did not have the time to argue with a weird bandaged freak and the boy she traveled with. Nor was he paid enough to start a long argument and delay departure. The captain of the boat saw his confusion from the bridge and yelled down:

"Let them on board! I could use some of those for the kids! My daughter loves breaking them!"

The official relented and looked at the two.

"Very well. Five statuettes, and the cart may come on board. Doubt anyone will pay more than 40 ryo for those anyway..."

Kei nodded enthusiastically and passed some to him. One was a bouncy-head clay toy, the other - a dog-shaped whistle. Another one was a stylized mug, and two more had a hole in the middle, like vases. The man put them all into a bag, and stepped aside, with Kei going forward and pulling the cart onto the boat. She then sat on top, and whistled for Kazue to come over and join her. There were plenty of people and things on board, so less space they occupied - the better. She eyed the water glade outside of the ship and shuddered a little.

"I sure hope that we will not sink...
I must admit... I cannot swim!"

has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jan 31, 2022 20:27:14 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]originalSIN

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AS YOU GENTLY LOOK UP TO THE NIGHT SKY THE[break]TEARS YOU SHED GO COLD

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]is ending it with my own hands all that I can do in[break]the end?

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]No matter what I say, it won't reach your[break]perishing heart anymore

「~ORIGINAL SIN~」 gackt

The way the captain said that his daughter enjoyed breaking things like the merchandise Kei had to sell elicited a grin from Kazue as he turned his head back to the man selling tickets to see what he would say. He admitted them onto the boat after taking five products from Kei. Kazue shrugged and would follow her on board. He wouldn't sit with her on top of the cart, but he would lean against the cart as he looked at everyone on the boat. Just part of the regular precautions he took when going anywhere he hadn't been. He did find himself wondering if the ship's sails and everything were working properly... but he didn't go check. It was different with the Suiryu Butai and when they were on ships that weren't so crowded, but he didn't want to look more conspicuous than he already did. As he was looking around the ship for anyone that might pose a threat to them, or other shinobi, namely, Kei said that she couldn't swim. He blinked and turned his head to look at her incredulously. "Was... was that a joke? You know you're a Kiri shinobi, right? We're surrounded by water. We get on ships all the time. How... how can you not know how to swim?" Kazue almost wanted to be angry, but he was too taken aback by the fact that this woman might not actually know how to swim for the anger to register. "Have you at least learned the Water Walking technique? I haven't, but... you've been a shinobi longer than I have, haven't you?" That was quite a conversation starter. He would wait to see how she responded. If this was a way to crack a joke, it was a damned good one. It might even net her some bonus points as far as his opinion of her went.[break][break][break][break]

NAME: Iaigiri - [Iai Beheading][break]
The user performs a quick and powerful slash with their sword, appearing almost like a blur, in order to cut the intended target before immediately resheathing the blade afterward. In the hands of the right user, this attack can even cut clean through a boulder.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Iragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]a melody of crimson tears, the loneliness of a moonlit night

Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jun 14, 2022 16:25:30 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Ha-ha! I kid! Or maybe not,
It all could be a big deception. 
You'll see, should I fall off the boat!"

Kei giggled, not giving a clear enough answer for the worries and questions that Kazue had. The boat sailed off, and took course for the Land of Fire. The two would stay on board, for the duration of it. The journey took a week or so, before reaching a small port city at the edge of the big continent. Everything was new here - the outfits, the scents, the air... There was sun! Much of it! No clouds covering the skies, and no rain making everything feel morose. Once their feet hit the solid ground, and Kei pulled down her cart, she stretched.

"At last, on land, where we are safe!
This is the furthest that I've traveled. 
The storm was harsh, but we were brave
And had success in being ferried~" 

Kei hummed in her little sing-a-song way, as she looked around. There were... many merchants here! Due to it being a port, vessels from many different places came and went, making this a perfect spot for commerce. If their mission was to convince people to come and settle in Kirigakure, this was surely going to be the place! Having pushed her cart off the ship, Kei started moving along the dock line, looking for a spot to set up shop. 

"The competition here is steep~
It's hard to find a place to settle. 
More of position, than of mettle.
Psst... try finding someone who looks weak."
- Kei whispered, elbowing Kazue to his side.
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Jun 17, 2022 16:52:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]NIGHTMARE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AND IT'S COMING THROUGH THE STEREO!

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

Comin' Thru the Stereo feat. Hyro the Hero Hollywood Undead

He saw that she wasn't going to give him a clear answer on whether she could actually swim or not. So he was going to side with just trusting that she would be able to take care of herself. "Huh? Are you fuckin' with me?" He gave her a serious glare for a moment, before cracking a grin and leaning against the railing. "Cause I respect it. Don't be a doormat or anything. Besides, if you don't actually know how to swim, there's plenty of time to learn." He gave her a playful nudge towards the sea, grinning.[break][break]The next few days were laid back, way more Kazue's speed. Though he didn't ease up on his exercise, even if the ocean did make it more difficult. He also occupied his time with doing routine checks of the boat, as he had learned from Toru on the mission with him. When their feet hit the ground, Kei seemed excited to be out of the rainy country. Meanwhile, Kazue put a hand over his eyes, expressing annoyance at how bright the sun was shining. "Hey, sun, that's a little too bright... you trying to fight, bastard?" He walked along with Kei and her cart, looking around at the merchants. With this being a prime spot for business, he knew they would have some difficulty coaxing a merchant back to Kirigakure. Kei recommended looking for someone weak. "Weak? Maybe. I'm more looking for someone who looks successful. We could bring back any merchant to get paid, but it'll look a lot better if we manage to bag a merchant that's actually good at what they do." Kazue took a careful look around at the businesses. "What about that guy?" He gestured towards them without pointing a finger, not wanting to draw too much attention when they hadn't even decided who they were taking back with them yet.[break][break][break][break]
Ralof: Hey, you. You're finally awake.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Aug 26, 2022 10:20:22 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"The purpose of this is for merchant to stay,
And if we just bag 'em, they won't be a merchant,
But something that's closer to that of a slave
For doing their job they will not have a penchant." 

Kei explained to the boy, the obvious. No, this had to be done in a more clever way. He did have a point, though. Someone who sucked at their job was not good for the village either! It had to be someone good... Someone who could also appreciate the cutthroat nature of Kirigakure's business. The Land of Tea was very ... milquetoast, to say the least. Surely there were a few wolves among the sheep, proverbially speaking. 

"Lets look around, observe, and wait.
We may perhaps persuade to sail
Someone engaged in contraband,
It is a crime, so we... blackmail."

She whispered to Kazue. Of course, none of this would happen in the open. But one could notice the clues, if one's clever enough. Especially when far away from a well-guarded center. Kei would go there, and park her cart there, selling her arts and crafts, or trying to. But it was a ruse, somewhat. A cover-up for observation. And she did see people having some wares covered with cloth, only revealed to those who said specific words or came from specific people. While she did this, she suggested for Kazue to take a trek along the shoreline.

Contraband ships usually did not use the main dock. 
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Aug 27, 2022 21:28:01 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

Kei said in her usual bizarre way of rhyming that they had to bring a merchant who was more willing to do their job instead of abducting them because their performance as a merchant for their nation would also be lacking. He nodded along and followed her gaze as they looked around the marketplace. She suggested that they should stay there and observe the goings on for a few hours to see if they could find something to blackmail one of the merchants with. Or at least he thought that was what she was saying until she told him that he should go look for side docks in the meantime. Somewhere along the shoreline. "Oh. Fair enough." He stretched and adjusted his katana at his hip. "Yeah, that might be a good idea. I'm not very great at crowd-watching. Well- I did get lucky on my last mission and noticed something happening in a setting like this, but I know it was just luck at least. I'll go see what I can find." He began walking toward the shoreline with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't going to jump out of there like a shinobi obviously, because that wasn't what they were supposed to be doing.[break][break]Kazue spent a while searching along the shoreline covertly, and after seeing a few ships pass by, he did see one make its way slowly over to the beach. A few men emerged from the treeline and would speak amongst themselves, some laughter resounding as money exchanged hands and the men would begin unloading the ship. As the rest of the men worked, he noticed there was still another person talking to the man. He drew closer, but he wasn't able to hear anything they were saying. He groaned a bit in his throat but remained hidden until they were done grabbing the goods. He would slowly follow them back into the city and kept patient as he traced them back to the market, using the skills he had learned on the mission with Toru to stay out of sight and follow them casually. They finally made their way to the marketplace about three hours after he had left, and he saw some of the goods delivered, covered, to another stand. He made his way back to the stand with Kei when he was sure none of them would notice him. "Looks like you were right; I think I found our guys. Anything good on your end?"[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Aug 27, 2022 21:28:46 GMT -5
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Aug 28, 2022 12:03:55 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Kei spent her time in the marketplace, while Kazue was away. While he searched for contraband, she looked and listened.

People here were friendly enough, and she made acquaintance with several merchants. She also managed to sell some of her clay figurines, earning some Ryo while getting rid of about a third of her stock. One could see the little dolls and statues at almost every merchant's stand. Either they planned to sell them for more, or just enjoyed the silly bouncing heads on a spring. When Kazue returned, she waved her hand to him, and called him closer.

"All has proceeded as we wish.
The dealings here do smell of fish.
Some merchants here have worked for years,
They have been settled, sell their wares,
While others, the world they want to see.
Could be convinced, perhaps, to flee?"

Kei tapped her chin, thinking of something. It was so devious, to think of such things! But also kind of fun. She never really bothered to think so much before. But now that she was doing it, it felt like fun and enjoyment! 

"But for our words to seem like truth, 
We would need documents, for proof. 
If not, it's our word versus theirs.
It's getting dark. We should get there."

Perhaps the ship was still there, anchored for the night? And if so... maybe they could get there, unseen. Find the evidence, and get out. Sneaky.
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Sept 20, 2022 0:28:41 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Kei shared with him the information she had acquired while he was looking at the other side of the island for shipments. What he understood from her usual jargon was that she had seen some shady dealings and that while there were merchants that would be more stubborn to convince to uproot, there were also a few that were looking forward to traveling. That sounded incredibly convenient for them. "Good. It sounds like everything's going according to plan, then.[break][break]Then Kei said that they should get some documents for proof of the illegal dealings. "Documents? Like a picture? or a manifest? Would goods like that even be on a manifest?" Kazue questioned, thinking momentarily. "Well... guess we should check anyway. Alright. Let's go." And Kazue would follow Kei wherever she was going. If it were to the ship he observed, he would take her in that direction instead.[break][break]

last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Sept 20, 2022 0:30:16 GMT -5
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Oct 19, 2022 7:35:39 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The two approached the place, when the darkness fell.

Kei was right, it was still there. There was a storm outside, the winds howled, and rain was hitting the deck. The little cove the ship hit in helped protect it against the sea, which would love nothing more than to tear it off of its anchor and drown it in its waters. Fortuitously, the rain also offered excellent cover against sound and visibility. With the darkness around, it was hard to see anything except for a couple of lights inside the ship. Kei would follow along the shoreline, covering herself with a camo-cloak, and Kazue no doubt followed suit, until they were close enough to the ship's hull.

"Shhh~"

She whispered, before starting to climb the side. Her bandages were sticky, and allowed to use them as makeshift wall-climbing technique. Soon enough, she was on top. A bandage of hers curled itself in a form of a thumbs-up, to let Kazue know that the coast was clear. There were no guards, everyone was inside, sleeping or playing gambling games or whatever pirates did. The only light was in the captain's quarters, a small window in the bridge on top. Kei made a sign to follow, as she made it to the side, to take a peek at the window.

Inside there was a middle-aged man, who looked like a sailor, except richer. A captain, perhaps? He was one of the guys Kazue saw when he discovered the ship in the first place. The man was counting coins and writing something in his journal. The journal, no doubt, was what they'd be after.

_________

Jutsus used: Sticky Bandage, Living Bandage.
has written 147 posts
Want to Buy? [Mission] [Kei]Oct 25, 2022 1:40:18 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

They approached the ship that Kazue had scouted earlier. It was still exactly where he had last found it, but now it was dark and storming, conditions which suited their goal here. They closed in proximity to the ship. Kei used a camo cloak, but Kazue didn't have one. He was wearing darker clothes for the mission, however, so he just used the stealth skills that they were taught in the academy. Kei made her way up first to clear the ship, and when she gave him the signal, Kazue followed her up by climbing the side of the ship. They made their way quietly across the deck to what appeared to be the captain's quarters, and when they peeked in, it looked like the captain was taking inventory and counting their coin—a ledger. Kazue nodded to Kei, showing he saw what the captain was doing as well. He looked at her and made a motion of putting both of his hands against one side of his head, the universal sign of someone talking about sleep. He was asking her if they would wait until the captain was asleep to try and nab the ledger from his quarters.[break][break][break][break]