postoperative - [koume]

compose a reply
postoperative - [koume]Jan 7, 2022 21:31:00 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
It doesn’t have to be like this.
Kuishinbou Kuebiko Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/30 rank Special Jounin occupation Medical Corps
Kuebiko remembered well the day that this emergency had broken, not too long ago now. Four shinobi carted into the facility in critical condition, having sustained severe and unstable injuries. He was a particularly experienced field medic, so he'd been rolled out to help with the rapid surgery and stabilization. It took a month of care and recovery to get three of them out of the hospital and over a month for one of the others. The details on what had happened were wildly unclear to the medical staff. The ANBU who rolled them in didn't have much to say about it. If they were involved, it couldn't have been anything good. 

Kuebiko was more of an emergency medic than a routine-care one, so most of the follow-up had been left to his associates. Still, that didn't mean he didn't take care of that line of duty sometimes. 

Shinobi who had suffered critical injuries needed to be brought in occasionally after their recovery period and time on the field for check-ups. Issues that hadn't been evident during the recovery process could arise, or there could be steps back in development. The human body was a strange thing that was rarely as linear as a good medic would like it to be. 

Today, he was taking care of such a checkup for one Narahashi Koume, the shinobi who had had the longer stay of the group. 

He allowed her into the examination office, holding his clipboard. 

"Good afternoon. Thank you for showing up on time to your check-up." A lot of shinobi were stubborn about this kind of thing. "I suppose I should ask first, do you currently have any concerns? Noticed any problems?"
Cocoa has written 95 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 8, 2022 1:07:57 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
There was a sense of gloominess that hung over Koume’s head throughout the entire day, even despite it being one of the prettiest days of the week, following up with a medic concerning former injuries easily made the girl anxious and a bit uncomfortable as well. It wasn’t exactly the injuries that caused her to feel that way, but more the incident that brought the entire thing about. She would much rather leave the past in the past - instead it felt as if that disaster was going to follow her around throughout the remainder of her life.

"Ugh.”

The pinkette sighed beneath her breath as she looked down at the comic gripped tightly in her hands. ”I should try to relax.” The girl thought to herself as she watched a much older patient exiting their examination room. There was something about medical facilities that just gave off an eerie feeling, and it definitely wasn’t helping the girl relax. As the door beside her opened however, Koume would see her examiner. A familiar face, but she didn’t know anything about him…definitely not what she was expecting. Rising from her seat, she’d follow shortly on the man’s heels.

"Y-Yeah..no problem.” She said nervously as she grabbed a seat on the medical table. Does your heart always do that when you’re in front of a boy? The Rokubi took a jab at his host, but it didn’t matter much to Koume. Mmmm. Yeah, pretty much. The girl said, giving a serious answer in return. At least she was honest. You should get that checked out as well. Yeah yeah, whatever. The pinkette shrugged off her bijuu’s jokes.

"Well, I don’t have any concerns exactly, I’ve been in fairly perfect health, at least so I think.

She felt marvelous, so she couldn’t wrap her mind around why they insisted on seeing her again. Though as she continued to glance at her examiner, she began to have fewer and fewer complaints. Perhaps health is important after all. "I’ve started back training at full capacity though, so that’s good news, right?” The genin added on.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 8, 2022 16:05:16 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
From a medical standpoint, that was very good news. From a personal standpoint it was less so. While he always wished people who were injured would accomplish a full recovery, he hated when young shinobi returned from conflict injured and went right back to it afterwards. It was his wish that they would realize the world of violence wasn't for them and would go on to do something much less dangerous to them instead. That rarely happened, however. Most people only decommissioned themselves when their body could no longer support the career, when they had already given all of themselves to the village. 

"That's very good news," he agreed, smiling at her as he went to go grab his stethoscope and all. 

"I know a lot of shinobi are confused when they're in fit form and we call them back. Our bodies weren't really made to heal as quickly as our medical jutsu sometimes forces them to. In rare cases, this can lead to development of scar tissue that reduces mobility. We're good about mitigating the potential for it during the recovery process, but we want to keep up with you afterwards to make sure the heightened state of tissue regrowth hasn't caused any problems," he explained. 

Taking the stethoscope, he placed it on her back and asked, "Can you take a deep breath in?" 
postoperative - [koume]Jan 9, 2022 0:27:43 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume simply nodded her head and smiled at the medic as he agreed that it truly was good news that she was able to start training without any restrictions. Unfortunately however, it still seemed as if she would have to go through this check up routine. So be it. The girl leaned forward a bit, using her arms to support her weight as Kuebiko placed the stethoscope across her upper back - giving her a bit of chills as the cool metal met her body. Taking a deep breath, Koume would hold for a second before exhaling - feeling her anxiety slowly fade away.

"You know, I often worry..that one day it might happen again. What if it’s a lot worse?”

Trying to fill the silence, the girl would simply ramble about the first thing on her mind. She didn’t typically tell others about things of this nature, but for some reason she felt comfortable enough to tell it to a medical professional. Tch… The slug within Koume wasn’t too pleased with the conversation being held.

Oh no no I don’t mean anything bad by that it’s just that…ugh. There wasn’t enough trust between the two to be able to do away with her concerns, they were gaining it little by little though. Sorry. She apologized in case she might’ve hurt the beast’s feelings.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2022 0:28:06 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 9, 2022 22:05:58 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
Her lungs sounded good and strong and there was nothing wrong with her heartbeat. It seemed a little quick, but after a few seconds of listening, it started to slow. It seemed like she was just anxious. A lot of people were when it came to doctors and check-ups. Health anxiety was a very severe thing, especially in this line of work. When your income was so dependent on your physical health, you could be resistant to the idea of going somewhere where illness could be pinpointed. 

When Koume spoke next, Kuebiko frowned, contemplating that. It was such a heartbreaking thing to hear. The fact that she was so afraid of the possibility of being hurt again. The fact it probably would happen was even more so. This was not a forgiving career. Young ones certainly shouldn't be in it. He remembered the missions he took at her age and how miserable they made him. The injuries he saw and sustained. 

"Those kinds of things happen sometimes as a shinobi," he admitted. "It is a difficult path that poses much danger. When you decide to stay in this line of work, you must first brace yourself for the possibility, but second work to do your best to prevent it. Learning from your mistakes is the most important thing you can do. Don't allow patterns to repeat."

He put the stethoscope away after finishing his examination with it and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Can I perform a biomechanical assessment? I just want to make sure all your joints have proper range of movement. You can keep talking while I work."
postoperative - [koume]Jan 10, 2022 17:19:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Emerald eyes steered to the side, catching a glimpse of the medic’s frown as the girl explained the concerns that lingered on her heart. She didn’t know what possessed her to tell him of her worries, but it definitely felt good to have someone to listen to her vent and even respond in a favorable manner. Between each breath, the pinkette would feel the cool metal warm slightly as it would be moved around from area to area - thankfully however Kuebiko didn’t find much, if anything, wrong with her lungs and heart! Perfect! However, there wasn’t much that the medic could do that would put Koume’s worries to rest.

"I suppose you have a point. The life of a shinobi is a tough one, definitely not for the weak minded, or the faint of heart.” She was both, which was probably why things aren't going as well as she would have liked. Regardless, this was the profession she chose - and she would stick it through no matter how tough things got. Unfortunately.

There’s not much I can add onto here as I can not tell you how to feel, however if you keep working, and keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll never have to worry about anything ever again. I give you my word. The slug spoke from within..giving the girl a few words of wisdom and hopefully giving her enough reassurance to keep going. Right. Taking in one last breath, Koume would look towards the medic as she sighed.

The next test seemed to be one to check her joints, to see if her range of motion may have been hindered by any underlying issues. "Yeah sure thing.” The girl agreed as she lightly kicked her legs back and forth until the medic gave her further instructions. The first instruction was for the girl to continue to talk while he worked, and Koume took advantage of the man’s words - firing off the first thing that came to her mind.

"Sooo..why did you decide to be a medic? It gets pretty boring sometimes, I’d imagine?” The pinkette questioned as the test proceeded.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 10, 2022 17:20:23 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 11, 2022 1:20:06 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
Kuebiko did not think it wasn't for the weak of mind or faint or heart. He thought it wasn't for those who were innocent, or those who held a kindness in them. It was a bitter line of work. People who cared strongly for others often struggled in it because of the nature of the career. When you become a shinobi, you became a tool. A weapon. You dispensed death. Often you could also help, and save, and better, but to him those things were so frequently outweighed, empty promises to try to ease the minds of disposable people who were told they'd be heroes. 

He raised Koume's arm, keeping one hand rested on her shoulder to prevent any overextension while he began to move the arm around, just testing the limits of the range of motion to make sure she could do everything she needed to be able to do with no obstruction. Shoulder joint, elbow, wrist. When one side seemed to be functioning appropriately, he would move to her other side and repeat the process. 

"Not really," he said, slightly bemused. "We see all manner of things here at the hospital. There is never a quiet moment - we're always busy. It's difficult to get bored when you're so occupied." This would probably be the biggest "break" he would get all day, having such a low-intensity check-up scheduled.

"I decided to be a medic because I cared about the shinobi who would go out onto the field and be injured. I wanted to be able to save people. One of my major roles is a search and rescue operative. Basically, if you get lost on a mission and are severely injured, I'll probably be the one to find you and bring you home." 
postoperative - [koume]Jan 17, 2022 22:56:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
Hmm. The girl hummed gently to herself as she thought about what the guy had said, she never expected there to be much fun or wonders to be held in the hospital or any medical offices - even when there was a seemingly an endless number of possibilities when it came to who and what they might come across. It did make sense however that the lack of "routine” made things a lot more interesting. She chuckled a bit at the sudden realization.

"Okay, so now I ask this…”

Koume started before allowing the medics to shift to her other side - she’d lend her arm to Kuebiko without any second thought. Her left side seemed to be functioning properly, there were no issues with any of her joints or ligaments that would hinder her mobility and full range of motion, in fact over the past few weeks, the genin began seeing slight improvements to her overall flexibility - day by day. It was pretty neat actually. "Have you ever had a change of feelings, or have you ever second guessed your decision of becoming a medic? I mean…it seems like a very..depressing job” She wasn’t aware of what it was like being a medic, but she did have medical summons - and even in those short and very few instances, Koume would find true bliss being able to help those around her no matter how small or grand the gesture. However, what was unknown to Koume herself were the times where all efforts were exhausted, all attempts failed, and a comrade, friend, or even a family member might’ve passed away right before their eyes and in their arms as well. It was truly heart wrenching to think about, the genin couldn’t imagine living through such tragedy.

Before the man could answer however, the pinkette would catch herself. "Sorry if this feels like 21 questions by the way.” The girl chuckled sheepishly.

last edit by Deleted on Jan 17, 2022 22:57:01 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 18, 2022 1:52:26 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
Good range of motion, no significant issues, no nothing seeming to catch or cause her any pain. That was a good sign. No scar tissue building up or remaining strain injuries from when she had been injured, then. That was especially good news when it came to the shoulder. Severe shoulder injuries could be life-long even with proper care given to them. People were often not aware of how devastating something so simple could be. An unlucky dislocation could mean that that shoulder was more easy to dislocate again for the rest of your life. 

Koume allowed him to switch to the other side and he repeated the same process again while listening to her question. 

"Don't apologize. I told you we could talk," he returned, though his tone was slightly somber with her inquiry. He had second-guessed his decision many, many, many times. From the second he had decided to become a shinobi he was always second-guessing. This line of work was very depressing and very hard and full of much misery. Helping others was great and helped to lift some of his guilt, but it didn't lift it entirely. 

"I think everyone doubts their career choices every now and then. It's a very busy job, as I said. It's hard. I see terrible things often. Shinobi can experience horrific, grave injuries. I save most of them, but I cannot save all of them. Sometimes I spend twenty-four hours straight in this hospital working. It would weigh on anyone's mind. But I think I'm where I need to be. I can't imagine being contented anywhere else when I could be here doing my part."

It also gave him a good avenue to attempt to convince injured shinobi to retire. If they saw what he saw every day, more of them probably would. 
postoperative - [koume]Jan 19, 2022 14:59:47 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

"I see..” The girl mumbled gently beneath her breath as the tests continued on her right side. She definitely second guessed her decision to join the academy and become a kunoichi as well, so Koume understood that giving second thought to a profession is more than likely something everyone has done at least once during their careers. As for the tragedies that come along with the line of work that Kuebiko is in, Koume knew nothing about, so everything that the man would say the girl would listen carefully, genuinely, and would put extra thought into it all.

The life of a full fledged shinobi is a sorrowful one, indeed. The slug mentioned. Having been sealed within numerous hosts throughout his lifetime, there was no surprise that the Rokubi was accustomed to such a lifestyle. So it really must be hell for you, having to experience decades worth of pain and tragedy against your will.

Something along those lines…

For a brief moment Koume remained silent as the tests continued. There wasn’t much left on her mind that she felt the need to talk about, the girl was also lost in thought as well - falling into a soft daze as her deep green eyes focused on one spot on the wall across from her. It only lasted a few seconds, but in her mind it felt like an eternity. Perhaps it would be best if they changed the subject? And so Koume would do just that..

”Well with a career such as this, surely there are some hobbies that you have to help occupy your mind. Who knows, maybe we have some in common?” The girl said with a gentle smile curling across her features. Koume’s hobbies stretched far and wide, anything she could do with her friends was something she typically enjoyed.

has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Jan 19, 2022 22:03:31 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
The conversation brought a silence to follow it. The topic was probably troubling to the young woman. Most shinobi didn't think about this kind of thing often because it was antithetical to their jobs. They were operatives of the village, of the nation, and being confronted with the reality that they were constantly putting themselves and their teammates on the line was discouraged because it would make their easy loyalty much harder.

Of course all of them knew it, but to know it was different than to know it. To be intimately and deeply aware. Perhaps it was cruel to bring it to her attention, but he did hope that it would make her think. That was all he truly wanted, for the young to consider their options. He wasn't even that much older than her. Maybe she could convince herself out of this path by his age? Unlikely, but still possible. 

He placed down her arm and went to grab a reflex hammer. Just one of those things meant to test tendon reflex. If he was able to determine that both her deep leg tendons were behaving appropriately, she would be just about cleared to go. 

No longer wanting to focus on a grim subject, she asked a different question instead. 

"Hobbies? Hmm... I do some art. Nothing serious, though," he offered. He was hardly a renowned calligrapher, but he enjoyed sketching out nature scenes in ink. "And I knit and sew. Mostly to make temari or other toys for the children staying here. How about your hobbies?" 

He tapped one of her knees with the little rubber mallet.
postoperative - [koume]Feb 10, 2022 12:18:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

The tests were coming along smoothly, thankfully there didn’t seem to be any glaring issues that arrived over the girl’s healing process, she had a lot of help from summons along the way - they made the entire process a lot less drawn out than it needed to be. Kuebiko would reach for his other instruments, more specifically a small hammer like object that was normally used to test how her tendons react to being tapped.

"Hmm. Art seems to be a rather common one, I love to paint but I’m not very good at it, heh. But as for the knitting, well that’s just heartwarming..

Some of my biggest hobbies however are swimming and climbing. You get to see the world from interesting places!”

Koume explained with a giggle. Even his hobbies consisted of making sure that everyone was taken care of and happy. He was definitely one of a kind, and his kindness would leave a lasting impression on the young teen before him, perhaps she could learn from him some other time, next time not in an examination room, hopefully. Nevertheless, it was safe to say that she passed with flying colors, with the tap of her tendons the girl’s leg would kick out slightly before swinging back down.

Alright. I think we may be done here. Where should we go next, Roku?

Hm. The training grounds I’d say.

Are you calling me weak?

Precisely.

Koume smiled a bit as she remained seated for the time being, she didn’t want to just run away from Kuebiko without being dismissed and definitely didn’t want to leave without showing gratitude.

has written 0 posts
postoperative - [koume]Feb 12, 2022 3:40:19 GMT -5
Kuishinbou Kuebiko
groupGrass Shinobi
The examination was an easy success. She seemed to be having no trouble at all. He could continue to run various response tests on her limbs, but, honestly, if she had no complaints and she was passing these simple examinations with no notable issue, he didn't see a reason to. The hospital would just need to continue to carefully monitor her and tell her to come in if she began experiencing any inconvenient symptoms. It was truly impressive what medical ninjutsu was capable of fully healing. 

"I should probably get out more. I haven't been swimming or climbing outside of work in a long time," Kuebiko joked. "I'm a rescue operative, so I do get to do that kind of thing relatively often, though. You're right that seeing the world from new and unique angles is always a lovely experience." It was easy to feel at peace up on a mountain, looking down at the ground and feeling above all one's woes. 

Putting away his tools, he wrote down a few notes on her medical chart and then stated, 

"Anyways, it fortunately seems that you're in perfectly good health. I wasn't able to find anything concerning. That means that you're free to go. But please do come back if you begin experiencing any discomfort or physical strain and we'll try to deal with it for you right away. ...And remember to be careful on your future missions."