compose a reply
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Jan 17, 2022 19:38:25 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi strolled through the forests outside the city of Kyoso. The sun peaked through the leaves of tall trees. He had left the village for a few days to travel and stay at a hotel in Kyoso to see the much talked about city. It was like the people of Konoha said. It was by far the most advanced city in the country, and seemed to be a melting pot of people coming from all over to trade their goods.

And while all that was interesting in its own right, the boy found himself outside of the city today. There was another reason he had made his way up to the north of his home country. There was flora and fauna up here that didn't reside in the forests closer to the hidden village.

It was because of this potentially interesting flora and fauna that Asahi found himself out here in the wilderness, close to the border separating Fire Country from Grass Country. His personal notebook was in one hand and a pen was in the other, sketching quick drawings and writing down notes of the things his brain decided to notice.

At the moment, he had found himself fixated on a bird with red, blue and purple feathers that flew from tree to tree. The genin followed from the ground, avoiding tripping on roots or running into the bases of any trees the bird went to.

The colorful bird broke out of trees and into the grassy plains ahead. Asahi didn't even take a second thought of following. He didn't think twice, that maybe crossing the border into Grass Country, unannounced and unhallowed maybe wasn't the best idea.

His mind was fixated on the beautiful creature he followed, the color in the new ocean of green. Once he was deeper into the grassy plains, he lost the bird, as it flew away and to a distance the boy could not follow with eyes or feet. It was only then, that Asahi's attention was brought back to the ground and now realized where he stood.

"So, this is Grass Country..." the genin said, taking a moment to simply breath and take it all end. The seemingly endless roll of the grassy hills that made of the country, and slight gust of wind that partnered with it. It blew through his white jacket that was wrapped around his waist and the dark blue tank top that sat on his upper body. It offered a momentary peace to the boy.

Notes:

Tag: @yamo

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Jan 19, 2022 15:32:14 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

The fields were where Koume truly found her peace. The weather was almost always perfect, and there was never any drama or interruptions that came about whenever she decided to relax outside of the village. As a genin, Koume understood completely that she wasn’t allowed to be out by herself, however in the same light - the girl understood that she was the Jinchuriki and that she was truly never alone, especially outside of the village’s walls. Lurking around her were a handful of special operatives who were tasked with ensuring her safety.

The land was mostly flat for the most part, but there were a few hills and lumps in the ground that provided some sort of elevation. Koume liked to rest on these hills, taking in the beauty that was Nohara no Kuni, nothing but an endless wave of tall grass dancing with the passing wind.

"H-Hey…” The girl spoke out to herself, mostly trying to gain the attention of the beast sealed within her. "What’s your name?” The girl asked curiously. For a moment the slug simply sat there in silence, shocked by the question to a degree but more or less confused as to why it was asked so randomly. Why?

"Because I never know what to call you. I-Is it just 6 tails?”

Ugh, absolutely not..

"Well what is it, because if we’re going to be friends we need to know each other’s names.” Off in the distance Koume would see a figure running into the somewhat tall field of grass before stopping and looking around. The girl sat up and looked on curiously - they appeared to be lost so it was only right to help. Hold that thought.

"Heyy!!” The pinkette called out, making her way down the short hill and into the grassy plains. Waving her arms high, she would try to get the person’s attention as she approached. Once she had gotten close enough however, Koume realized that this guy was from Konohagakure which was odd, but she wasn’t the type to complain. "Hey, are you lost or something?” The girl asked genuinely.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
has written 0 posts
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Jan 22, 2022 17:47:42 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi stood in the field of Grass Country taking in the sky, the breeze, the sway of the knee high grass all around him. Then he heard a voice call out to him. It made sense, but he thought he would be able to enjoy the new land for a little bit longer before being flagged down. He took a breath and turned his head. The boy’s golden eyes caught sight of a girl with pink hair running toward him.

She waved her arms as she approached and when she got close, Asahi got a better look at her. She appeared to be a Kusagakure shinobi and maybe close in age to himself. She seemed to express genuine concern when she asked him if he was lost. Asahi blinked not giving a response at first. He had expected to be immediately reprimanded…

"Ummm no, not lost. More so...exploring. This is my first time stepping foot in Grass Country,” Asahi replied, returning the genuine question with a genuine answer. "Asahi Oorigami. Konohagkure Genin, Team 2.” he stated, remembering that he was in a foreign country. Although the two countries were allies, there were still formalities.

"I can’t believe how open this place is,” the boy said, falling back to a more casual demeanor after giving his introduction. There was admiration for the beauty of the land behind his voice. He traded his attention between her and the nature around her.

Notes:

Grass on Your Side [Koume]Jan 30, 2022 12:38:29 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Eyes remained sharp on the pink haired genin as she dashed across the fields. The ANBU Operatives had no clue who the stranger was but were easily able to determine that it was a shinobi from an allied nation, so their worries were put to rest for the time being, they were still concerned about Koume running towards him however.

You can literally become friends with anything with a pulse, I don’t see how you do it. The slug spoke out and poked fun at the girl for being so eager to meet someone new, it was the personality she had and honestly she didn’t understand it either but it was just the way she was. I’ll teach you one day, don’t worry! Koume responded with a chuckle before her attention was turned back to the mysterious boy. A smile curled across her lips, the girl would listen as he explained just how he managed to get to where he is now, introduced himself, and spoke of how open the space was. Nodding her head, Koume would agree. Nohara no Kuni is definitely one of the countries with enough room to go around.

"Asahi, nice to meet you.” The girl spoke, offering her hand for a shake. "Narahashi Koume, umm assistant of the lord of Kusagakure.”

It didn’t sound as cool as being a part of a team, but it would have to work. Working with Yamato wasn’t anything to be ashamed of regardless. For a brief moment, Koume would take in her surroundings along with her new guest - the fields of grass, blue skies, and wildlife roaming freely definitely made Nohara no Kuni one of the if not the most beautiful country. She’d take in a deep breath before her mind got the best of her.

"Andddd…you said you're a part of genin team 2 for Konohagakure, yes?” She asked for confirmation. "Soo the chunin exams are in your sights, yes?” Excitedly speaking Koume would inch a bit closer awaiting the boy’s answer, she was beyond ecstatic to be getting a second chance at the exams. She couldn’t wait.

You’re not going to mess me up this time are you?
Tch, please you say that as if I did it intentionally.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Jan 30, 2022 12:39:45 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Jan 31, 2022 16:49:17 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
The boy's eyes widened with interest when the girl said she was the Kusagakure Lord's assistant. That sounded so interesting! He imagined the insight on the village she had by having direct communication with their leader. He imagined what it would be like being the Hokage's assistant. They had just appointed a new one recently, and he seemed eccentric enough for that position to be interesting. It was safe to say he was romanticizing things a bit. He nodded in confirmation, but, Koume's next question brought the genin back to the present.

She had gotten closer as he held his answer. For the Lord's assistant, she wasn't doing a very good job upholding her land's rules. Yet, her energy felt...welcoming. "Yeah, those are coming up," the boy answered, as if he had forgotten. In truth, he kind of had. He had been through a lot the past couple of months and had lost sight of what was supposed to be a genin's goal. Well, now it was staring him in the face with it not to far away. He felt...ready enough.

"I'm looking forward to seeing Mizu no Kuni, our villages attitudes towards each other aside," he continued to speak on the exams, remembering where they would be hosted. "But that's low compared to what you do, right?! The Lord's assistant? That must mean you're really strong right? Are you a jounin?! An elite jounin?!" Asahi shifted the gears of the conversation slightly and returned to her a similar excitement she had given about his participation in the exams. His face remained somewhat neutral with his usually worn slight smile, but he inched closer, as if the answer was pulling him in.

Notes:

Grass on Your Side [Koume]Feb 1, 2022 4:01:40 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume’s smile and excitement dwindled for a moment as Asahi answered in a more-so surprised tone rather than one of excitement. Was he not ready for the exams, or did the big event manage to sneak up on him? She wasn’t sure, all that mattered was that he was attending! That’s good because now she has the chance to make friends with someone who just might be her competition in the following weeks to come. Exciting!

"Yes Yes. I have heard many things about Mizu no Kuni, but honestly I think it’s all just gossip - it’s best to formulate your own opinions on such matters.” The girl explained with a grin and a nod. Stories of the country’s hardships, low-quality environment, and overall hostility from locals were told far too often, but now was her chance to experience it all herself. How bad could it be?

Before the pink haired genin could get too deep into her own thoughts however, Asahi would pull her back into normalcy by bringing up her profession - something that she wasn’t a huge fan of and often tried to escape from mentally. There was no problem with being the assistant, Yamato was an awesome boss but she was young, and felt as if her time was being wasted pushing paper rather than actually helping the village. In an instant, the girl’s excitement would fade and she would quickly inch away - clearly Asahi was mistaken.

"Err…no.” The girl explained, followed by a sheepish smile. He was so excited to learn about her, but there was nothing to be excited about - she felt as if she were letting him down. "I’m actually a genin myself, heh. It’s a lot of um…sitting and paperwork.” Boring!

Careful with what you share, kid..you just met this guy. I wouldn’t trust him at all!
What a surprise. I know what I’m doing.
Whatever. Hey, weren’t you asking me something before this guy showed up?

has written 0 posts
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Feb 3, 2022 13:47:08 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Koume’s demeanor changed after Asahi’s question. The excitement left her, and Asahi matched it with an added dash of confusion. He learned that she was just a genin, but that didn’t let Asahi down. In fact, it did the opposite. Her being a genin, and being the Lord’s assistant said something just as much as her being a high ranking shinobi did.

"I’m sure the paperwork can get pretty boring. The grunt work at the hospital sure does for me. But that still sounds pretty interesting. You must be pretty trusted, despite being a genin, so don’t undersell that position or yourself.” Asahi said with a returned small smile.

"But if you came out here to escape that, like I may or may not have myself, we can talk about something else. Or if I’m allowed to, oh mighty Lord’s Assistant, even go somewhere else.” Asahi added playfully. He let his attention wander back to the grassy distance ahead of him, to the line where green met the horizon.

Notes:

Grass on Your Side [Koume]Feb 10, 2022 4:42:00 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

"Hmm” She hummed softly, her emerald eyes shifting away from her guest and down towards the green blades of grass beneath them. "You aren’t saying that just because?” Koume asked for reassurance. There were a lot of people in the genin’s ear telling her that she was wasting her time working as an assistant, two of those people being the renowned, Mibojin Kiho, and the Rokubi himself, two fairly important beings in the girl’s life, so it was only natural that she felt the same as they did, right?

A sigh escaped the girl’s breath as she gently ran her fingers through the locks of bright pink hair that made her stand out like a sore thumb amongst most. "It’s just that…I feel like my potential is being wasted! Sitting all day you know, I have pretty important things to attend to so being in the office all the time isn’t exactly ideal.” There were a few genin who would have killed to be in Koume’s spot, and the girl was well aware of this, but in all honesty it wasn’t for her - at least not at this point in her life. However, Lord Yamato made it all worth the while, he was a cool boss to have so the girl was more or less torn between what was best for her growth and what was best for the safety of the village.

"Right. Topic change.” The girl said softly with a smile curling across her lips. "Oh and sure we can head back towards the village if you want, or we can go up on that hill and watch the fields of grass dance for miles.” She wasn’t quite ready to head back to the village, only because it was her day off - and this was the most peaceful thing she knew in life, her country. Unoccupied land and fields full of crops were what helped the girl escape from reality.

"Oh and one last thing..you sort of ran through the fields as if you were looking for something. What exactly brought you here?” She asked with a giggle following her question.

has written 0 posts
Grass on Your Side [Koume]Feb 16, 2022 14:27:45 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
When she asked if he was just saying that to say it, Asahi shook his head. He never said things to just saw them. If it came out his mouth, it was usually intentional and sincere. He listened to Koume explain why she felt the way she did, and although Asahi couldn't relate to her experience, he could understand how she felt.

Time was a precious resource, and the older he got, the more Asahi realized that. More he saw that influence everybody's day to day. And being the Lord's assistant, Koume probably knew that more than most. Asahi was going to respond to her words about her job, but she agreed to change the subject.

She gave him two options. "Toward Kusagakure?" Asahi asked, half surprised at the offer but with excitement in the question. It was clear that out of those two options, that was the one that drew him. He looked back toward the way he came and then back at the pink haired girl. He had never been to Kusagakure before, and he didn't know when the next chance to go would be.

With a giggle, her question brought Asahi back to how he had gotten here. An 'oh yeah!' look crossed his face after she asked the question. "I was following a bird I saw back on our side of the border. So that's what brought me here, but you've made me want to stick around a bit longer," the green haired boy said with a smile, and opened the small notebook he took his notes in. He flipped to the page that he had been on, with a pretty detailed sketch of the bird he had been following, minus the color. The boy offered her the book with the page of the bird already open.

If she flipped through the notebook's other pages she would find various sketches and notes on different animals, plants, anatomy, and more. This was his personal reference notebook and was a physical representation and reminder of the boy's knowledge.

"It had red, blue, and purple feathers and flew that way...I think. Maybe if we go up the hill and watch the grass, we'll see it." Asahi said with a point at the hill. Although he wanted to visit Kusagakure, the girl seemed like she didn't really want to head back yet. It was something about her body language and the way she had proposed the two options. Whichever one she decided on though, Asahi would follow her invitation.

Notes:

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Feb 16, 2022 14:29:30 GMT -5