No Looking Back[Open]

compose a reply
No Looking Back[Open]Feb 10, 2022 21:10:08 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
No Looking Back
"Am I...still dreaming?

Everything felt like a dream...one of those nightmares that continued to replay over and over again...

She could recall the moments as easily as she could her first steps. How her heart raced as she ran across the desert, her brother laughing as he chased behind her, ensuring that she didn't fall.

But in place of those memories was now something that seemed to strike like a bolt of lightning.

One flash....her realizing the danger that rested behind her...

Another flash...the sound of something swiftly cutting the air as it came down upon her...

Finally...the last flash of her seeing blood, her body hitting the ground and attempting to drag herself across the ground...voice echoing in her head as she could feel life leaving her body...

If that was what death felt like...it was certainly more terrifying than anything she imagined or read...

She could only recall hearing her brother...his voice telling her to wake up from her slumber, teasing her by poking at her nose as he usually did. Yet as she allowed her eyes to do so, she found light hitting her face, her purple hues narrowing against the glare of the sun as she attempted to see her surroundings.

A silence lingered within the room, only prompting a few moments for her to attempt to reach up her hands to rub at her eyes. As her wrist crossed her gazed, she'd stop in an instance upon seeing a figure sitting next to her.

"There ya are....take it easy kay? Ya not exactly up to stuff just yet..."

Purple eyes would blink as she prepared to speak, seeing her cousin there as she found herself struggling to move her arm as she soon looked at Arashi, her expression seeming to show some concern.

"Hey...I said take it easy..you've been through a lot and I want ya to take it slow...don't say anything...but listen..."

Moment Music
Ayukawa would still find herself reaching, her hand leaning down beneath her head as she turned slightly so that she could face the older female. Though something still felt off. She could tell that she was off-balance...

"Look....what you did aside...you're gonna be okay...but..well...your injury isn't somethin that can be replaced...not easily...and it may take some time...but you'll adjust...I wanted to make sure I was here to tell ya this cause...well...I know it isn't a thing that ya wanna come to grips with alone..."

The young girl would blink once more, finally allowing her mouth to open as she began to speak.

"Is Issei and his friend okay? Did something happen? What about my injury? Why are you talking like th..."

A hand would cup over the girl's mouth, prompting her to release a breath as it wasn't uncommon for Arashi to do that when she was talking too much.

"Ya boyfriend and...well..his idiot friend...are alright...they should be on their way back to Konohagakure...as for your injury...well...I want you to realize that...there isn't much that can be done for it...and well..."

Ayukawa would hold a calm expression, her eyes still seeming to have that familiar light as she began to recall the events once again. The flashes, the dream...all of it coming back to her like raindrops.

She'd slowly turn her gaze, her body shifting upright in the bed, her head turning as she could see the gown she was in, along with the bandages across her arm before seeing the truth. Her left arm...it was gone...leaving only what barely looked like a nub in it's place.

Grasping at her mouth, the girl breathing started to increase, her eyes watering up as she shook her head and seemed to bite back a scream as she began to rapidly pull back the wrap that was around it. She was scratching at it, hoping that maybe she was just having a nightmare. Her free hand in a panic before Arashi took hold of it to stop her. Yet, the girl still struggled to get free, her eye glossed over.

"Look at me...LOOK AT ME AYU!!"

The girl would turn as she could feel her heart racing, her eyes holding a wide stare as the girl's face began to dampen with tears streaming down. The silence in the room continued, aside from the rapid breaths of panic that were escaping Ayukawa, like a wild animal trying to realize what had been lost to it, finding the means to accept it, but still unable to fully come to the truth before it.

"አዝናለሁ ፑካ...በጣም አዝናለሁ.."
(I'm sorry Pucca...I'm so sorry...)

---------------------

It had been only a few days since that realization came...and she hadn't so much as left her room...her body hidden beneath the covers of her bed, her eyes closed as she kept hoping that this bad dream would finally end. She didn't want to open her eyes to the reality, she didn't want to see the truth. She didn't want Issei to her either, since this was her own fault. She shouldn't have been there...she shouldn't have thought that she could help. She should have just listened...everything was her own fault.

Arashi was allowing the girl the time she needed, but it was getting to the point that a decision had to be made in terms of what to do with her at this point. Her task wasn't to babysit her through her grief, but to deliver judgement, and in the end, it had been decided that she was the one to do it. Leaning outside of her room door, Arashi would release a breath as she began to look over the scroll within her hand, allowing it to rest at her side as she shook her head.

Tag: | Words: xxx | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they have improved over her continued use and natural development, allowing her instincts to be heighten to a point where she isn't caught off-guard when activated or in an intense moment that requires a reaction. It also allows for her to at times get inside of the heads of her target, mostly due to their movements and their patterns once discovered. It is a skill that is constantly growing, though has yet to reach it's full potential.

Kaze has written 557 posts
No Looking Back[Open]Feb 12, 2022 22:32:23 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I know I'm part of something greater than myself
Don't know the meaning, but I hope that matters less
I don't know anyone affected without a skill

"Hey."  Zakku said as he walked towards Arashi.  The moment he'd heard he'd been manic.  He'd wanted to be there to help his friend and was left feeling useless and with a familiar feeling in his gut.  He wanted revenge for Ayu's sake but he knew he'd end up in a worse situation.  For now.

He stopped by Arashi and motioned to the scroll.  "I can take it from here.  Go home get some rest.  Nai told me you've been gone too long.  I also may have been sneaking in to snuggle with them at night again."  He shrugged.  "For now let me do what I do."  He'd hold out his hand for the scroll and offer a small smile.  

Zakku walked into the room and stood besides the bed staring at Ayu.  it was hard to imagine she had broken his arm during the Exams and then this happens to her.  With a sigh he'd plop himself down with his back to her.  "So...I take it your trip to see your boyfriend got a little out of ha-control!"  Quickly correcting himself he'd put his head into his hands and let out another sigh.  "Sorry I honestly don't know what to say Sis.  Except i'm glad you're still here."

Jutsu:
N/A

SA:
Expert Tactician

Zakkus quick thinking and his intelligence have made him a tactical expert on the field. While not 100% fool proof his plans can often been seen getting the results he needs or something close. He can devise a plan in little time and takes very little to change it to get his results.

Large Chakra Pool

Zakku was born with a larger than average chakra pool. He can do multiple jutsus without losing mush stamina and won't tire out as easily. He can also fight for awhile longer than his fellow Shinobi of his skill group.

Enhanced Speed

Zakku has trained his legs to react and move faster. He can move double his normal speed and even can triple it if he's sprinting. He can run for longer periods of time at normal speed.

last edit by Zakku Burokon on Feb 12, 2022 22:32:38 GMT -5
Duh Dood has written 541 posts
No Looking Back[Open]Feb 12, 2022 23:08:43 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
No Looking Back
"Am I...still dreaming?

A smirk crossed Arashi's lips at the offer from Zakku to take over, prompting her to sigh as she pushed herself away from the door and nodded. As she watched him enter the room, the young Jounin would close her eyes as she then proceeded toward her office. As much as she may have wanted to go home, there was still much to be done, so that wouldn't be an option.

Though she did intend to find out just what else he was doing over at her house...

--------------------

As the sound of her door alerted her, Ayukawa would still remain beneath her covers, her body seemed like a lump beneath it as she hid away from everything. From everyone...

Though it seemed that it wasn't Arashi this time...but Zakku...

Peeking out from beneath the cloth, but not enough to be completely seen, the girl would watch as the boy sat down next to the bed, his back turned to her as he began to speak. Naturally, he seemed to try and lighten the situation as best as he could, but then when it seemed like it might be going into a reminder of the event, he attempted to shift it. It was enough to make the girl smile a bit, but that moment of happiness faded as she remembered the fact that she was now somewhat only half of herself...

In his effort to try and make her understand his less than expert means of doing this, he simply stated how he was happy that she was still here, leading to her shifting herself upward as she sat on her knees on the bed. Her body was still covered over, yet her face was exposed enough for Zakku to see her. It was clear that she had been crying, as the dampness around her eyes was evident in the sadness of her expression. As she did her best to hold back her tears more, Ayukawa would sniffle as she laid her head down against his back, her eyes welling up again as she closed them tight.

"I let my brother down...My ancestors too...I let Asahi down...I let Rin and you down...and now I'm..."

Her tone was a soft whisper, a change from her usual loud demeanor of excitement and energy. It was clear that had indeed impacted her greatly and she was still far from back to normal...or in accepting it.

"I did this...I couldn't protect anyone and I only got in the way...Issei could have been hurt and I couldn't do anything but lay there....I'm sorry....I'm so sorry..."

Her teeth would bear down as she began to cry again, her sobs echoing through the room as she sat there.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they have improved over her continued use and natural development, allowing her instincts to be heighten to a point where she isn't caught off-guard when activated or in an intense moment that requires a reaction. It also allows for her to at times get inside of the heads of her target, mostly due to their movements and their patterns once discovered. It is a skill that is constantly growing, though has yet to reach it's full potential.

No Looking Back[Open]Feb 12, 2022 23:30:52 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Traumerei
Zakku had never seen this side of Ayu.  Feeling her press her head against his back he let her speak.  He could feel the hot tears down the back of his shirt.  This wasn't the Ayu that he had seen not that long ago.  This was her at her most vulnerable something Zakku hadn't expected to ever see.  It was a sobering thing to the blue haired shinobi.

"You could never let me down Ayu."  He admitted truthfully after her crying had calmed down a bit.  "You sure as shit didn't let Issei down.  He cares about you too much to think differently."  

"Rin would be scolding you right now though."  Zakku nodded.  "He'd also remind you he picked you because he believes in you.  No matter what happened.  That much I know is true."

Jutsu:
N/A

SA:
Expert Tactician

Zakkus quick thinking and his intelligence have made him a tactical expert on the field. While not 100% fool proof his plans can often been seen getting the results he needs or something close. He can devise a plan in little time and takes very little to change it to get his results.

Large Chakra Pool

Zakku was born with a larger than average chakra pool. He can do multiple jutsus without losing mush stamina and won't tire out as easily. He can also fight for awhile longer than his fellow Shinobi of his skill group.

Enhanced Speed

Zakku has trained his legs to react and move faster. He can move double his normal speed and even can triple it if he's sprinting. He can run for longer periods of time at normal speed.

No Looking Back[Open]Feb 12, 2022 23:54:31 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
No Looking Back
"Zakku-kun..."

Ayukawa would do her best to try and stop, her arm reaching up slightly to rub her face, though as she did so, she'd hear Zakku speak on how she could never let him down. It was an uplifting thought, but she couldn't help but wonder if that was true or not. After all, she certainly still felt like she did. The same went for Issei, though she knew that it was silly thinking that she did. He loved her, but she honestly had put him in a position that made things worse. For both of them really...

Though in hearing how Rin would probably be scolding her, she found some joy in recalling how mature he was despite them being the same age, and how he'd remind her of why she had been picked to join their team.

"Yea....I know...thank you..."

As she attempted to wipe her eyes again, she'd pull the cover closer to her body as she remained where she was on the bed.

"I don't know what to do?...For the first time...I don't know what to do...my parents are going to be furious...and my clan..I dishonored them by breaking a rule of the village...the honor of being part of Sunagakure militia is one that only so few get to do and...I soured it...they'll never forgive me..."

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep

No Looking Back[Open]Feb 13, 2022 11:36:26 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku turned to face Ayu.  He was used to disappointing people.  Especially his own family.  It was just something that he'd accepted but he couldn't imagine how she felt.  "They'll be upset yeah but i'm sure once you explain to them what happened they have to understand."  

With only ever dealing with the Compound Nezumi always had to be picked up from Zakku had only understood what Ayu had ever told him about her clan.  "If they get too upset with you i'll back you up."  He offered a small smile.  In all honesty he didn't know what he could say except how he trusted her more than other shinobi in the village.

He placed the scroll on the bed and crossed his legs.  "You let your heart cloud your judgement and there was some unforseen consequences.  Issei was ok in the end right?"  With a huff Zakku turned and laid across the bed.  "Someone tricked you by using your emotional connection to Issei.  You can't be guilted for that is what I'm trying to say.  Someone Evil tricked you."  

Jutsu:
N/A

SA:
Expert Tactician

Large Chakra Pool

Enhanced Speed

No Looking Back[Open]Feb 18, 2022 22:44:40 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
No Looking Back
"Maybe...thats what it was...I trusted my heart and I was wrong..."

Ayukawa looked toward Zakku as he laid on the bed, her eyes closed as she found herself doing the same as she let the cover remain over her. She'd release a breath as she fought herself from crying anymore. The truth was that she had let her heart guide her, and this time it had been a mistake. She had always believed in people, and trusted that the better nature of individuals was worth the risk. But it had nearly cost her everything. Her lover, another life...

"If trusting your heart isn't the way....then what is?! It can't be that we can't trust anyone! Because that would mean that..."

Everything she had every thought possible was a lie...

Opening her eyes, she'd then look back toward the ceiling as she then noticed the scroll in his hands.

"Why do you have a scroll?"

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep

No Looking Back[Open]Feb 19, 2022 13:52:58 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku literally waved the question about the scroll away with the scroll.  He didn't want to answer.  At least not yet.  "You can trust your heart.  You just can't trust it completely."  Zakku began balancing the scroll on one of his fingers and would attempt to keep it upright.  "If you just let your heart easily push you where to go what's to stop anger from pushing you to something worse?  Trust me it gets too easy to let the emotions win.  You gotta remember to think Dude.  Our emotions don't run on functional thought.  That role is filled out by our brain."

He'd give the scroll a light toss and switch fingers balancing it.  "It's the same thing for our brains.  We need our hearts to remind it that everything isn't logical."  He reasoned and kept his eyes focused on the scroll.  "They balance each other because if you just listen to one side you forget about the other."  Moving his hand he'd tip the scroll so it'd lose balance and fall.  With a fluid motion of his hand he'd grab the scroll and point it at Ayu.

"I don't know what the scrolls about.  Arashi-san would have slapped me if she caught me sneaking a peak inside of it."  Shrugging sardonically he'd place the scroll in front of Ayu and sit up with a grunt.  "If I was a gamblin man though I'd guess it's not a recruitment for an juggling teams."  Shrugging he'd lightly tease Ayu letting out a chuckle at his own joke.

Jutsu:
N/A

SA:
Expert Tactician

Large Chakra Pool

Enhanced Speed

No Looking Back[Open]Mar 2, 2022 20:48:44 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
No Looking Back
"Zakku-Kun...."

As Ayu looked toward the older boy with a pout, she'd then release a breath before finally reaching out to retrieve it. It was when she did that the cover fell from her shoulders, revealing the missing limb in full view. It was covered over from the shoulder down with white bandages, yet the sight would be apparent of where the injury had been treated. Her expression remained focused on the scroll that was now held within her hand. Starting at it, she'd sniff the aroma that seemed to waver from it, prompting her to blink as she looked back at Zakku in a panic.

"It's from my clan..."

As she held on to it with, she'd place it standing up between her lap, her hand reaching to the seal to open it as she watched it unroll before holding it upward so that she could read it. As she took in the words, her expression went from panic to confusion and then to horror as she stared at it.

"I'm no longer a shinobi...I've been suspended...and my clan...has called me a traitor...and my dishonor to my role here in Sunagakure has been recognized as a betrayal...I can't go home to my people...and my parents....they don't want me...."

Tears she had finally managed to hide began to show again, her expression shifting with confusion as looked back at Zakku.

"My family doesn't want me...."
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep

No Looking Back[Open]Mar 3, 2022 1:20:51 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku felt his blood run cold.  "No damn way."  Climbed over and read the scroll for himself.  It was true and he didn't like it.  "No that's horseshit."  Zakku cursed, "You don't just turn your back on your family especially when you need them the most."  

Clicking his tongue in frustration of the little that he could do Zakku looked at Ayukawa.  He studied her hurt face and lifted up his arm motioning for her to cry on his shoulder.  He'd stare at the wall.  His mind working formulating a plan.  "Ayu-Kun.  Do me a favor.  Rest up."  

His eyes didn't move from the wall.  "Because when you've fully healed i'll have found a way to fix this part."  He didn't fully know what he was going to do he just knew he had to do something once he found her clan.  "I promise."  He knew he'd have to ask around but he'd find a way.

Jutsu:
N/A

SA:
Expert Tactician

Large Chakra Pool

Enhanced Speed

No Looking Back[Open]Mar 7, 2022 13:33:43 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
No Looking Back
"Zakku-Kun...."

It was heart-breaking to imagine that she might not be able to return home, or worse, that she was no longer welcomed there. The fact that everything seemed to just be hitting her from one side to the next, the girl felt as though she couldn't breath. As she fell into Zakku, her sobs were becoming more and more uncontrolled as she couldn't think of a worst thing to happen. She could handle the case of not being a shinobi. It hurt, but it didn't compare to the notion that her own clan had just given her a message saying that she was no longer Saeko. It was dishonor. It was losing your name. It was her life. She prided herself on where she came from. Never had she ever denied it.

But she was now haunted by the notion that there was now the possibility that she could never come home. Closing her eyes tightly, she wasn't sure what Zakku could do. She wasn't even sure what she could do. But maybe...this was what Lady Kasumi felt to leave home like she did. Isolated...a clan of her own
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep