Ama karate 1Feb 17, 2022 16:25:40 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Ama Karate

Ama Karate
This form of taijutsu is special to the Ama clan. Only taught by masters can be used in the transformed form of the Ama. These attacks can be used on land or in the water with no disadvantages. Water friction does not affect these attacks so it is very strong in the ocean.

NAME: Wanto Giri [Arm Blade Slash]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low

CLASSIFICATION:Taijutsu

ELEMENT: N/a

HANDSEALS: NA

REQUIREMENT:Ama clan, Tai prim, Suiton

DESCRIPTION:
The user slams his arm/fin into the back of his opponent's neck. Causing a stunning effect on weaker opponents.

NAME: Kaisoku: Harakudashigeri [Sea-Speed Stomach Drop Kick]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

ELEMENT: N/A

HANDSEALS: N/A

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim

DESCRIPTION:
The user darts forward and uses the momentum to deliver a savage side kick to the opponent's stomach. This can be done with a leg or a tail depending on which form the user is in.

NAME: Ka Ka Kakato Otoshi [Fire Flower Heel Drop]

CLASSIFICATION: Tai

HANDSEALS:N/A

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, tai prim

DESCRIPTION:
the user spins and hits his opponent with the heel of his foot. The user can spin in what ever direction he would like.

Appakushi Chokka Koro: Death by Pressure Plunge [English Translation]

CHAKRA USAGE: High

ELEMENT: If applicable.

HANDSEALS: How many handseals does this tech require, if any?

REQUIREMENT:Ama clan, tai prim, must be done near the ocean or deep water.

DESCRIPTION:
the user grabs his opponent then swims extremely fast to the ocean floor where the pressure of the ocean wreaks havoc on the opponent's body. Diving at extreme speeds. Other Ama are immune to this attack except for the strength of crushing.

NAME: Hyakumaigawara Seiken [Hundred Tile True Punch]

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu

DESCRIPTION:
A hard punch that can send an opponent flying. The claim being that this attack is so strong that it can break through one hundred tiles.

last edit by Tantetsu Morihito on Feb 17, 2022 19:24:11 GMT -5
has written 66 posts
Ama karate 1Feb 17, 2022 20:43:17 GMT -5
Tantetsu Morihito
Tantetsu Morihito Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Ama Karate

Ama Karate
This form of taijutsu is special to the Ama clan. Only taught by masters can be used in the transformed form of the Ama. These attacks can be used on land or in the water with no disadvantages. Water friction does not affect these attacks so it is very strong in the ocean.

NAME: Wanto Giri [Arm Blade Slash]

ELEMENT: N/a

HANDSEALS: NA

REQUIREMENT:Ama clan, Tai prim, Suiton

DESCRIPTION:
The user slams his arm/fin into the back of his opponent's neck. Causing a stunning effect on weaker opponents.

NAME: Kaisoku: Harakudashigeri [Sea-Speed Stomach Drop Kick]

DESCRIPTION:
The user darts forward and uses the momentum to deliver a savage side kick to the opponent's stomach. This can be done with a leg or a tail depending on which form the user is in.

NAME: Ka Ka Kakato Otoshi [Fire Flower Heel Drop]

CLASSIFICATION: Tai

HANDSEALS:N/A

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, tai prim

DESCRIPTION:
the user spins and hits his opponent with the heel of his foot. The user can spin in what ever direction he would like.

HANDSEALS: How many handseals does this tech require, if any?

REQUIREMENT:Ama clan, tai prim, must be done near the ocean or deep water.

DESCRIPTION:
the user grabs his opponent then swims extremely fast to the ocean floor where the pressure of the ocean wreaks havoc on the opponent's body. Diving at extreme speeds. Other Ama are immune to this attack except for the strength of crushing.

NAME: Hyakumaigawara Seiken [Hundred Tile True Punch]

DESCRIPTION:
A hard punch that can send an opponent flying. The claim being that this attack is so strong that it can break through one hundred tiles.

NAME: Senmaigawara Seiken[Thousand Tile True Punch]

CHAKRA USAGE: VeryHigh

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,Hyakumaigawara Seiken

DESCRIPTION:
A much stronger version of the Hyaku Maigawara Seiken,It can break through one thousand tiles, and kill a human with one shot. Unfortunately for him crushing most bones and organs.

NAME: Kaimen Wari[Sea Surface Splitter]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai prim, must be in water

DESCRIPTION:
Using a karate chop, the user can split the very ocean itself in order to send a shock wave to attack an enemy.

NAME: Senmaigawara Seiken[Karakusagawara Seiken]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,Hyakumaigawara Seiken

DESCRIPTION:
the user punches at a fair distance from the intended target(s), transmitting the force of the blow through the water vapor in the air to release a shock wave that sends them flying.

NAME: Gosenmaigawara Seiken[Five Thousand Tile True Punch]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,Senmaigawara Seiken

DESCRIPTION:
A much-stronger version of the Senmaigawara Seiken. It is a very powerful punch, able to knock out a Bijuu in one strike or at least that’s what the myth says. It is able to go through steel and sink ships, the Bijuu was never proven but it can level buildings.

NAME: Samehada Shotei[Sharkskin Palm Block]

CHAKRA USAGE:High

DESCRIPTION:
a Palm Block that can block a lot of physical techniques including blades as long as the technique used is a lower rank then this one and if in water forms a water wall that can even block ninjutsu.

NAME: Gosenmaigawara Seiken[seventy-Five Thousand Tile True kick]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,Senmaigawara Seiken

DESCRIPTION:
the performs a roundhouse kick, which is strong enough to block a lot of attacks if used against a person it crushes them and causes almost a tsunami sized wave in the water. Which can cause flooding and crushing of multiple enemies.

NAME: Shizurase[Leisure Silk Torrent]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,
DESCRIPTION:
the user waves both arms at great speed and uses his strength to disperse incoming attacks with the humidity around him.

NAME: Soshark[rough shark ]

DESCRIPTION:
The uses his tremendous strength and grip to crush large walls of stone. It is basically a shark bear hug.

NAME: Yabusame[Arrow Military Shark]

ELEMENT: Suiton

DESCRIPTION:
then he uses his massive strength to throw many drops of water, which are converted into deadly arrows through mere kinetic force.

NAME: Umidaiko[Ocean Drum]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,must be under water.

DESCRIPTION:
the user punches the water in front of him pushing it at his opponent and sending a shockwave through it. The shockwave hits the opponent dealing great damage and leaving a pressure mark on his body.

NAME: O Yabusame[Great Arrow Military Shark]

ELEMENT:Suiton

DESCRIPTION:
A larger version of a normal Yabusame. The water droplets act more like blunt cannonballs causing dents in the deck of a ship than like arrows.

NAME: 魚のひれの盾[fish fin shield]

REQUIREMENT: Ama clan, Tai Prim,in or on water
DESCRIPTION:
the user swipes and karate chops the water causing a water wall to form which spans 10m in every direction and blocks attacks.

NAME: Uzushio Ipponzeoi[Whirlpool Lifter]

DESCRIPTION:
the user grabs the arm of the enemy while facing the opposite direction and throws them over his shoulder, causing them to fall to the ground.

[/blockquote][/div][/div][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div]
has written 66 posts
Ama karate 1Feb 27, 2022 2:31:05 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Wanto Giri [Arm Blade Slash]
I don't really see any justification as to why this needs tai primary to use or the suiton element when it's also shows it lacks any element. If you're trying to say that the suiton is necessary when underwater, but not when on land then be clear about it in the description and have the element read " Element: Suiton (When Used Underwater)" Could probably also probably have the chakra read as "Chakra Usage: Very Low / Low (Underwater Usage)" to account for using it underwater. If this is the case with other techniques that you can probably apply similar changes.

Edit: I've been informed that the technique Wanto Giri was already registered as a Hozuki clan technique.

Kaisoku: Harakudashigeri [Sea-Speed Stomach Drop Kick]
Once again, not really seeing anything to justify this needing tai primary spec. At best I might be able to see the argument for tai secondary since you'd have to be well versed enough in taijustu to account for differences between using it on land or underwater? Would also like you to give an idea of how much damage this could deliver. Is it just gonna double the opponent over, is it going to potentially rupture organs or what?

Ka Ka Kakato Otoshi [Fire Flower Heel Drop]
Once again, sort of need a better idea of what we're looking at in terms of damage if the strike connects. Also, I'm assuming from the name that this is bringing the heel down an into the opponent, but the description doesn't even state that. If I went solely off the description the only thing you're doing is spinning. I know it may seem unnecessary, but you should always draw a clear picture with every technique.

Firstly you accidentally replaced the "NAME:" part with the japanese and that in turn messed up the placement of the english translation. I'm assuming the handseals are N/a, but you should specify. Otherwise fine as you give us an idea of the lethality with the crushing pressures.

Hyakumaigawara Seiken [Hundred Tile True Punch]
Once again, I'd like an idea of how much damage this could potentially do to an opponent if it connects. The breaking of one hundred tiles is all well and good, but kind of curious if it's going to break someone bones, take their arm off or just launch them back with heavy bruising.

Senmaigawara Seiken[Thousand Tile True Punch]
I assume the "Killing with one shot" is if it hits the torso/head. I know it might seem obvious, but like I said before we generally like to be as obvious as possible with descriptions so there's no argument.

Kaimen Wari[Sea Surface Splitter]
How big of a split in the water are we talking about. Cause as it reads currently it just says split the ocean which I imagine like from shore to shore or at least as far as someone could see which obviously wouldn't be a B rank technique. Furthermore what sort of damage would these shockwaves cause to someone? Is there a difference to those that would be in the direct line of the split or off to the side? Depending on your answers I'll probably ask for rank and chakra usage split. Also, I'm very much assuming you're using chakra to help fuel the strength required by the technique, but depending on how much water you're trying to displace I may require you to have an enhanced strength SA or something as well.

Senmaigawara Seiken[Karakusagawara Seiken]
Got two names here first off. Give a rough estimate of what "a fair distance" is to you. Cause one person might read that as five meters while another would argue twenty and a third would argue a hundred. What sort of damage does the shockwave cause when it lands on an opponent? You mention the shockwave, but as far as the text says it just sends them flying. I assume there's damage done, but like I've said a few times now; we need even the obvious stuff stated. Also, as a side note does this technique work when moisture is absent from the air? Like if this was used in the deserts of Suna would it still work to a lesser effect or not at all? If a lesser effect would it decrease any aspect more than another or across the board?

Gosenmaigawara Seiken[Five Thousand Tile True Punch]
I don't have a ton of issues with this one so long as we're clear that the knocking out a bijuu with one hit is a myth/legend. While it would likely be a strong blow to land on a bijuu since you state it can punch through the hulls of a ship or destroy building walls; it's unlikely a bijuu would be taken down by a single hit from it.

Samehada Shotei[Sharkskin Palm Block]
I'm not really sure what the technique is doing. Are you just using your hand to block things, are you knocking them aside? If you are blocking them with your hand, are you gathering chakra to do it? I mean I could make assumptions, but I'd rather it be written out clearly. Furthermore I would ask you specify that it would block ninjutsu of a physical nature and also remove the note of blocking any rank below it. While some techniques make reference to that we've tried to move away from direct rank comparisons. Cause for example if we allowed it to block any rank of ninjutsu lower than it, it wouldn't make much sense how its blocking say a B rank raiton technique that would just flow through your body the moment it connects or a poison gas that surrounds you.

Gosenmaigawara Seiken[seventy-Five Thousand Tile True kick]
Might want to clean up the wording a bit, but for the most part looks fine.

Shizurase[Leisure Silk Torrent]
So how much protection does this give the user? Is it all around them, only in front of them, only on the sides or what? Does it generate enough power to just knock away light objects like kunai or is it strong enough to destroy a bolder hurtling towards you? Does it take time to gather water around you or does it solely rely on what's already in the air? Is the effect lessened in places with no humidity like frozen tundra or deserts? Does it only affect physical stuff or would things like lightning, fire and so on be affected to? In general I need more details.

Soshark[rough shark ]
Since you're saying it requires great amounts of strength, probably would be best to put a strength SA as a requirement. Other than that you may want to look at the wording, but it at least gives me an idea of the damage it can do and what movement/action the character needs to take in order to do it.

Yabusame[Arrow Military Shark]
You kind of contradict yourself in the description of the technique, as it's listed the technique requires suiton chakra to be used, but then at the end you says it's purely kinetic force being used. If you're wanting to keep it purely kinetic force you'll want to remove the suiton element (unless they're creating or otherwise using chakra on the water to control it) and then throw a Strength SA into the requirements.

Umidaiko[Ocean Drum]
How far does this shockwave go? How large of an area does it affect at once? What is "great damage" in your mind? Is that the tearing of flesh, the breaking of bones or what? Also how fast does this shockwave travel?

O Yabusame[Great Arrow Military Shark]
Pretty much same thoughts as Yabusame since it's a derived technique.

魚のひれの盾[fish fin shield]
Fine for the most part, just give me an idea of how much it can block.

Uzushio Ipponzeoi[Whirlpool Lifter]
How severe is the damage? Are they just bludgeoned/bruised a bit? Is it going to break bone? If it's done in the water and there's no ground, how far would it throw them away or do they even throw them at that point or just hold on to them?

Other
All in all I'm not entirely sure whether these techniques are supposed to be using suiton or not. A lot of them seem like they'd need chakra to fuel them. Some seem like suiton would be helpful to create water vapor or droplets where necessary while some suggest that it's purely from the user's strength that they're possiblw which would mean a strength SA would be needed.

Further you have two posts in this thread with the first post being a duplicate of the first half of techniques on the second post. I'm not sure if I'm blind and missing some distinction or if you just decided to add more, but didn't edit the first, but still also included the first in your second post. If they're just duplicates let me know and I'll move the main list into the first post and delete the second.

Lastly I'd like you to go through the descriptions in general and make sure you give a clear sequence of what the user needs to do, what the potential outcome might be as one of the biggest problems I ran into was that many of your techniques didn't give any indication or idea of the techniques power, speed or so on. I know I've mentioned it in the review already, but the reason for this is that information is super important when it comes to figuring out how stuff works together or against each other in battle moderating.
last edit by Yoritomo on Feb 27, 2022 9:47:17 GMT -5
has written 847 posts
Ama karate 1Mar 13, 2022 4:06:12 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation
2 weeks have gone by, please make asked changes and then repost back into notify when you are ready to work on this again.
Han has written 492 posts