What Do You Do When You Fall?

compose a reply
What Do You Do When You Fall?Feb 26, 2022 14:07:02 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
I… can't accept this… I WON'T ACCEPT ANY OF THIS!
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 12/20 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Team 3 Operations
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Shadows Into Light"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

I'm sick of this world...
... I can't save the people I love...

... Can I even save myself?

A rock can be still, unmoving, while strong, it is not sentient nor alive. Mountains can tower over buildings and pierce the sky, however, like the rock, it is not alive nor sentient. Yet, it bears a foreboding presence merely by existence. These things do not have a purpose, they exist. They showed no feelings nor any worries, Iwagakure shinobi should show the same. This holds especially true for Horonigai. However, without a designated purpose, the white-haired adolescent wondered what it meant to be both an Iwa shinobi and a Kyōbō. The duality of the two went hand in hand but, it still felt like they were separate planets. The Special Jōnin sat on a plateau, looking over the land of Tsuchi no Kuni, or at least part of it.

Unlike his peers, he didn't really have a clue how to proceed. Time and time again, people he drew close to either died or vanished. Leaving him alone, it was all he now knew. Horonigai looked down at the ground, a single drop over water hitting the soil he sat on. If only I was stronger... if only I was faster... Maybe things would be different. Thoughts racing of past events, of death, of isolation. Horonigai was ashamed of himself, he felt like a failure. That was how he saw himself, it was hard being a hero and harder protecting those he loved. There were so many times he wanted to shut out his heart, so many times he wanted to just give up. But he didn't, more so, he couldn't. He had an obligation, a duty to do...

But right now, with Shobijin still sleeping at home... he really needed a friend.

@ OPEN @

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

Kyōbō Wrath

Horonigai's rage has rewarded an extra boon in strength. Harnessing his uncontrollable anger, the Kyōbō has learned to weaponized his max potential. While in no way controlling his strength, Horonigai has learned to divert the power into his strikes, equivalent to the budding power of those partially dedicated in Taijutsu of similar rank (Strength Bump to Tai Secondary). This power boon steadily grows relative to Horonigai's base skill. Thus allowing the Kyōbō's rage to truly turn into a weapon much like his clan ability demands.

Heightened Intelligence

As a former diplomat, the Kyōbō needed to know a lot; but, the knowledge capacity and an eye for detail, near-detective like skills, and a keen eye of observation and evaluation really came forth after spending his time living as an Iwagakure shinobi. He can pick out small clues and paint a screenshot image of what happens, giving him valuable credibility. However, his skills are far from being noteworthy.

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Flak Jacket (Continuous)
last edit by Kyōbō Horonigai on Feb 26, 2022 14:07:33 GMT -5
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 159 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 6, 2022 22:06:41 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Inconspicuous she was not. Instead, she was extremely conspicuous. It could be easy to mistake her for a shooting star, or a comet, the girl rendered to little more than a blazing streak of fire coursing above the thin clouds, but she was becoming a more common sight with each passing day. She needed her practice, afterall, if she wanted to out race her sensei.

Flight is a lovely feeling, though a windy one. Her patched cloak flaps wildly as she soars, the sound of wind and her hissing jets over power her ears, but her eyes remain protected behind a simple pair of goggles. She is free, and the expression on her face says it. Up here, not even her parents' rules could reach. She rises high, reaching for the stars but choking out her jets as the air grows thin and cold. She’d hang for a moment, weightless, before her jutsu ended and she started to obey gravity once more.

She falls for some time, thousands of feet from the nearest thing she could run into. She eyes the clouds as they approach below her, the full weight of her body once more cutting through the wind resistance to let her really fall. Closer and closer to the ground she’d get, knowing full well she’d pull out of it before she got in trouble. Then she spots a human, on top of some mountains below her.

That’s sort of odd. Most normal people don’t typically hang out in the wilderness all alone on top of flat mountains. No, just her. There was Yoshiko the few times they were gonna meet, but otherwise it was all civilians and animals. Ryoko liked the animals, and avoided most of the civilians.

She redirects her fall and with a bit of effort once more neutralizes her buoyancy with her lightweight boulder jutsu. Slowly she’d drift downwards, soon spotting the symbol of Iwagakure on the boy’s hat. A genin? Out here? Huh..

She continues on towards the boy with slow and obvious intent, likely to land on the ground near him with her current trajectory. As she approaches she lifts a hand in greeting. Beneath the big button eyes and scowl stitched into her cowl she is all smiles and mischief. Interactions with fellow nin were always fun. She was quite the annoyance to chuunin in her younger days. Would it be as much fun now that she was all grown up?

has written 301 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 7, 2022 14:35:36 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

What am I supposed to do? I'm too weak to save them and wherever I go, only pain follows... am I supposed to just... abandon all the people I care about to protect them? Without Shobijin, Horonigai's thoughts were able to fly free without any inhibitions. If anyone was a harsh critic of Horonigai, it'd be the adolescent himself. The boy can't forgive himself for the deaths of Mako nor Kotori. The anger and disappointment the boy had on himself might only be met by the Himishi clan, if they cared enough to get involved with the Kyōbō.

Lifting his arm to pat dry the tear stains on his face, it took a moment for the white-haired boy to notice the growing shadow beside him. He took a steady breath, on one hand, he was really hoping that Shobikin woke up, somehow found her way out of his home, again, and found her way to him. He could really use a friend. But, on the other hand, he hoped it was some comet coming down from the sky, hell-bent on putting him out of his misery. Both options were equally preferable. However, as he looked up to get a somewhat clear look, he was a bit disappointed it was neither.

"I'm taking the guess walking is beneath you now, Ryoko-san?" Aihara Ryoko, one of Yoshiko's students from the Genin-turned-Operation teams. It was a rarity for such an occurrence and he already met one other member on a mission, of course, he didn't realize it back then. He did wonder who was the hidden third and what their gimmick was, more importantly, why the hell was Ryoko there?

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

Kyōbō Wrath

Horonigai's rage has rewarded an extra boon in strength. Harnessing his uncontrollable anger, the Kyōbō has learned to weaponized his max potential. While in no way controlling his strength, Horonigai has learned to divert the power into his strikes, equivalent to the budding power of those partially dedicated in Taijutsu of similar rank (Strength Bump to Tai Secondary). This power boon steadily grows relative to Horonigai's base skill. Thus allowing the Kyōbō's rage to truly turn into a weapon much like his clan ability demands.

Heightened Intelligence

As a former diplomat, the Kyōbō needed to know a lot; but, the knowledge capacity and an eye for detail, near-detective like skills, and a keen eye of observation and evaluation really came forth after spending his time living as an Iwagakure shinobi. He can pick out small clues and paint a screenshot image of what happens, giving him valuable credibility. However, his skills are far from being noteworthy.

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Kyōbō Horonigai on Apr 7, 2022 14:36:11 GMT -5
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 8, 2022 1:43:35 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Her smile only falters a little when he calls her by name, as she certainly wasn’t expecting that. Still, though her head tips aside curiously, she speaks in a different direction.

"Walk?” She asks, like the concept was already forgotten to her. "But I can scamper, and crawl, and burrow, and bounce, and fly. I don’t get why anyone walks when there are other options available to them. Even slithering is more fun than walking.

She definitely can’t place the face and it does throw her off some. She didn’t really hang out with many of the genin, let alone this one. Was he even a genin? Who the heck was he? She continues wracking her memory as she speaks, her voice mild but curious, but in the end she comes up with nothing. Studying the symbols on the boy’s clothing provided her with just as much.

This kid was a stranger. Maybe she just had more infamy than she knew. Still, she couldn’t troll a genin and feel happy about it, so her smile fades again. She was suspicious, but she also had a tendency to trust symbols of Iwagakure.

"Who are you anyway? Why are you all alone up on a mountain? I think genin get in trouble when they’re caught outside of the village without someone around. Pretty sure. Know I did. When I got caught.” As she eyes the boy she isn’t 100% sold on him being a genin. He was small, sure, but so was she. He was probably younger than her, but she couldn’t be sure by how much.

The more she thought about it, the more she wished she had the Doomstar with her. She really should know better than to be parted from her favored weapon. She still had her scrolls, but they’d take time to access. She diverts her attention for a moment, not turning her back on the kid, more just her side. She surveys the plateau, judging it too sparse to hold many useful toys for her to play with.

She purses her lips a little before looking back to the kid. He definitely didn’t look like he was planning an ambush. He looked.. Bored. Or sad. Meh, she wasn’t the best at reading emotions. She was only mediocre at concealing her own. Besides, sometimes people just walked about looking dour, so she tried not to pay it much mind.
has written 301 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 13, 2022 20:02:24 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

Instead of a snarky response, Horonigai only received a reply that made him wonder the state of the Aihara's mind. He knew she was an adolescent but it seemed like she still processed things like a mere child. Horonigai didn't really know how to react nor what was the appropriate reaction; so, he just left his eyes on the girl, his internal clock ticking as he waited for some action or some comment because honestly, he just didn't know. It looked like Ryoko was having difficulties while mulling something over, as to what, the young adult did not know. Before he was able to call out to her and possibly assist her, the Chūnin spoke again, asking about who he was and why he was out there?

Horonigai sighed as he finally got to stand up. He stretched his arms and cracked almost every joint in his body before standing attentive, and giving a respectful bow. As he stood up straight, he finally gave her what she wanted. "I am Kyōbō Horonigai, shinobi of Iwagakure no Sato and Special Jōnin of rank. It is how I know you're of the Aihara clan, how I know that Ryoko, you, serve under Yoshiko as one of our greatest Genin, now Operations Team to date. And I still know you are a rank of a Chūnin. As to answer your question, I come out here occasionally to clear my mind of my worries, which is harder than it sounds."

"Care to share what you're doing out here?" Horonigai's tone remained flat as he started to cross his arms comfortably in front of him. In truth, he really didn't care, he just wasn't as uptight as to shoo her away, especially after expressing her thoughts that he was a mere Genin. He just didn't really care, it wasn't a concern and right now, he was dealing with something else on his mind.

@ Some Tags Here @

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

Kyōbō Wrath

Heightened Intelligence

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:

Familiar's SA's
[Longevity]: Unlike most mouth species, the Anthrea polyphemus moth species do not eat. This means they normally drop dead after a short time. This family of Anthrea polyphemus have adopted a new tactic to both survive and gain proper nourishment from its inabilities. Landing on a flower, Shobijin, like all of her family, will violently shake the flower by flapping its wings a great deal, shaking pollen into the air, while secreting nectar on the flower bed. Through a variant of osmosis, Shobijin, like her kin, reap nourishment from this.

[Silent Hover]: Shobijin is a very passive moth, the fact she has no dedicated attack plan only assures this to be true. Hence, she perfected the art of fence-sitting, rather hiding. As a method of staying close to her master/friend, Shobijin has learned to hover in mid-flight. One of the handfuls of moths outside the Macroglossum stellatarum species to maintain a free-flight hover. Unfortunately, the strength and wing speed needed to hover created a loud heart-beat like flaps audible to the average human. Needing a more subtle technique, Shobijin has learned to utilize Fuuton chakra to and send it downwards each wing; disrupting the sound vibrations from forming audible vibrations, granting her a silent hover.
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 15, 2022 1:26:19 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Huh, a special jounin. Go figure. That he wasn’t genin didn’t surprise her that much, but special jounin was higher than her. He also seemed to be well informed, but if he was telling the truth about his rank, that’d go to figure. Most of them took the time to memorize all the people around them. Ryoko took the time to pretend she was a cat.

"Just training.” She notes in reply to his question. She gives a little nod, as she lifts her arm a bit, then points an index finger skywards. "I haven’t been using this jutsu a long time so I’m always trying to get better. So.. you know.. I get out and I fly around when I get the chance, and the chakra to spare. I go pretty fast, so I end up outside of the city pretty fast, but I gotta get better at turning, stopping, diving and climbing, all that stuff, if I ever hope to actually use it in battle.

She nods. It was all true, of course, but there was more. Flying was also just a whole lot of fun.

She gives another look around the plateau, surveying the mountains filling out the distance around them. "I also just come out here to play. I spend a lot of time on the mountainsides, it’s just generally a great place. Turn into animals, run around chasing other animals. Guess it doesn’t leave me a lot of time to memorize names and faces, but I know a great many crows and chipmunks.

That gets a little smirk out of her. She gives her fingers a wiggle, wishing again she had the doomstar with her. She missed its weight, but she hadn’t planned this detour. She was just a creature of impulse.

She was curious what would be weighing down the other nin so, but some folks were just dramatic. There were really only a few things that bothered most shinobi. Fewer still that bothered Ryoko. After a moment she decides to seek clarification.

"So what’s eating you?

has written 301 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 27, 2022 14:02:08 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

Ryoko was very odd here and Horonigai didn't know how to react, she was so aloof but it just wasn't really making sense for a shinobi of her rank. The Special Jōnin was rather curious on how this girl was sound enough to rank up, but him being an immigrant, he had very little place to judge. According to her, she was training, casually... training. Horonigai was for better or worse rightly justified to be confused at Ryoko's answer. The girl was at least explanatory, helping Horonigai understand what she meant. It struck him as odd, if he had that jutsu, he would never stop using it so he wasn't sure why Ryoko admitted to that.

With different thought processes from different backgrounds, it was pretty difficult to come to the same understanding, but maybe that difference is the exact reason his tears stopped falling. Continuing to watch and analyze the girl honestly left him confused at her next bit of talking, lack of training, he understood. Honing a new ability, stretching but not outlandish. But coming out into nature, using some jutsu to turn into animals, and playing with said animals.Well, that confession only left him with more questions and no answers.

Speaking of questions, she asked what was eating at him. The Kyōbō sighed. "I... I seem to carry bad luck with me... every teammate I care about or start caring about... they die, whether by my inability to act or accidental death by my own hands... it feels like a curse and I'm not sure you'd understand. I grew to distance myself due to that... I don't want anymore of my friends die because of me, whether they are protecting me or if they are in the way. I don't suppose you have advice?"

@ Some Tags Here @

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

Kyōbō Wrath

Heightened Intelligence

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:

Familiar's SA's
[Longevity]: Unlike most mouth species, the Anthrea polyphemus moth species do not eat. This means they normally drop dead after a short time. This family of Anthrea polyphemus have adopted a new tactic to both survive and gain proper nourishment from its inabilities. Landing on a flower, Shobijin, like all of her family, will violently shake the flower by flapping its wings a great deal, shaking pollen into the air, while secreting nectar on the flower bed. Through a variant of osmosis, Shobijin, like her kin, reap nourishment from this.

[Silent Hover]: Shobijin is a very passive moth, the fact she has no dedicated attack plan only assures this to be true. Hence, she perfected the art of fence-sitting, rather hiding. As a method of staying close to her master/friend, Shobijin has learned to hover in mid-flight. One of the handfuls of moths outside the Macroglossum stellatarum species to maintain a free-flight hover. Unfortunately, the strength and wing speed needed to hover created a loud heart-beat like flaps audible to the average human. Needing a more subtle technique, Shobijin has learned to utilize Fuuton chakra to and send it downwards each wing; disrupting the sound vibrations from forming audible vibrations, granting her a silent hover.
What Do You Do When You Fall?Apr 28, 2022 21:11:27 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Her confusion is written rather plainly across her eyes, but cast in the shade of her cowl no one would see it. Instead her smirk remains, ever constant. The accidental death of Iwa nin? At his hands? Yeah, that’d upset her too.

While she didn’t much care for the idea of someone killing Iwa shinobi, she understood the concept of accidental homicide. It was something she dealt with, silently, on a nearly daily basis. Her empty hands seem more convenient all the sudden, her smirk breaking for a moment to turn into a scowl.

"How did you Accidentally kill someone?

She seemed to spit the word accidentally at him, but she was just trying to emphasize it. She knew how you accidentally kill someone. Every Aihara did. Their puppet shows were high speed, and deadly things. Bystanders stepping in the way, unplanned actions by teammates.. she had to account for all of it. A single pass of the Doomstar could, after all, slay dozens in a crowded square. Cutting down one wayward comrade was all to easy.

Her sympathy was real, but she did her best to mask the emotion. In truth, a lack of control was really the only thing that's ever defeated her. She remains uncharacteristically quiet after her question. Slowly she’d crouch down, bending her knees until she was able to pick at the dirt and small stones on the ground. Her eyes eventually leave him and focus on the ground, even her scowl turning somewhat sour.

Still, she trusted in her hood to conceal that expression from the other nin.

last edit by aihara ryoko on Apr 28, 2022 21:12:58 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?May 5, 2022 12:33:08 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

How does one accidentally kill someone? Ryoko should know all too well the inherent risks that come with their power. The jutsus they use are no joke and consequence is a factor that must be judged even faster than one can weave the seals. In that split second, unaccounted variables can arise and truly the worst of things can happen. Horonigai wanted to yell at Ryoko, enforce the truth of the matter. She's a Chūnin for crying out loud, things like this should be obvious to her. The adolescent mainly looked at her, slowly blinking as it seemed any hint of happiness faded from his features. Hiding her own features behind a cowl, Horonigai didn't really focus to point at every detail.

The Kyōbō sighed as he looked up, his hair moving to show brief flashes of his heterochromatic eyes. "She was just a kid, trying her best to be the Kunoichi she aimed to be... she... she used a jutsu that pinned the enemy. I warned before I used a Doton jutsu to create spikes from the ground. She was free to move, but she stayed on top of the enemy." The memory hurt the young man to relive but the events confused him as much as anyone. "I don't know what compelled her to remain after such a clear warning. Our jobs are already dangerous and what we do is dangerous, I don't know if it was carelessness or a hijutsu side effect. If you don't communicate, you die. If you don't act, you die. If I didn't do that, we and a whole town would be dead... still... that never justifies an action."

Somber as his tone was, Horonigai was still relatively calm, going to show he thought about this extremely, but even if he did, the whole situation still weighed heavily and hopefully, his words might help Ryoko whereas it hurt him.

@ Some Tags Here @

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

Kyōbō Wrath

Heightened Intelligence

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
What Do You Do When You Fall?May 5, 2022 13:03:38 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Ryoko listens, but doesn’t look back at him just yet. Instead she just processes his response. It made sense, and also sounded like a painful way to go. In her mind, though, the boy didn’t hold all the blame. When plans were made it was up to those involved to hold up their side. Not that it made much of a difference when someone got hurt.

"I know that feeling.” she mutters after a moment. "Still haunts me too, how much a single error can shake up your whole world. I’ve had to kill a few people on missions, that never really bothered me. Blood doesn’t bother me. Nothing much really bothers me, but losing control.

Finally she stands up again and faces Horonigai.

"During my chuunin exams I did pretty well. Aced all the tests, defeated my first one on one opponent, and only got my nose a little broken. Then I had to battle this girl from Konoha. I was trying to keep things less than lethal, but she never gave me a chance to get to my storage scroll. Which makes sense, if you want to die, but she kept pushing me, then used some jutsu that surrounded me in all these leaves.

So, to defend myself I called my Doomstar closer to use as a shield. Before it got to me, however, in the chaos of the leaves my opponent stepped in the way of my Doomstar and got cut down in an instant. Poor girl fell to pieces, and blood was just everywhere
.”

Ryoko sighs softly and shakes her head. "Wasn’t even an ally, but I still have dreams about it. The look on her face. Her scream as she died. None of it would have bothered me if it was something I meant to do, but killing in the exams wasn’t the goal. As it turns out, the whole thing was just a genjutsu. Not even real. Still.. Felt way too real to me. Can’t imagine how it must feel to have that happen to a friend..

I’m really sorry. I've never really lost a friend. Guess.. I also don't really have a lot of friends.

last edit by aihara ryoko on May 5, 2022 13:05:09 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
What Do You Do When You Fall?May 12, 2022 21:54:35 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Road Rage"]
[googlefont="Amatic SC"]

It was a tad tender. Referring to Kotori like this, well... it left a bitter taste in his mouth. She was smart and quite capable, but her actions were not. It proved she was still only a child and that only went as far as to kill her. It was... it left the bitter taste and that was that. He didn't like lamenting her death, it not only highlighted her failure of proper conduct, it marked his failure of no care for his teammates when all he was trying to do was save her. The whole fucked up scenario was only worse when you really look at it, looking at the surface, it was the only way he could without beating himself up further.

The Kyōbō merely watched Ryoko's figure as she gave her retelling of what happened during the exams. What she went through. Immediately, when she started speaking about some girl from Konoha, the young man raised his one visible eyebrow, he did say anything as it would be inappropriate but regardless, he needn't state why she shouldn't feel bad. He listened intently, trying to visualize what she meant cause he sure as hell couldn't spare time to watch it. It seemed her opponent stepped in the way and got diced down.

The girl addressed that it's true that it was an enemy, still, that feeling of helplessness reminded Horonigai of Kotori's death. It soured his mood but it wasn't that bad, not anymore at least. Her closing statements concerned him, not the gore, but the fact it was an illusion of the enemy. Still, he heard her final word loud and clear despite his agitation. "I don't want to sound mean but... try to keep it that way, keep 'em at arms length if you must... and for the sake of those who are there, learn to fly faster... for them." The boy, now on his feet looked back in the general direction of Iwagakure. "The price of power is that, we may be different but power affects us all the same. It is just up to us if it will be why we rise or be our downfall... Thank you Ryoko-san... in a really odd way... just getting it off my chest helped me. Thank you."

@ Some Tags Here @

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

Kyōbō Wrath

Heightened Intelligence

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
What Do You Do When You Fall?May 13, 2022 14:39:23 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

If it did sound mean, you couldn’t tell by her reaction. Ryoko laughs quietly and shakes her head as she’s told not to have friends.

"That’s something of my speciality. Most people find me kinda.. Coarse.” She shrugs softly at her words, seeming to shed the somber mood of her previous story easy enough. "I get on their nerves. I think I’m just naturally annoying, I have lots of questions, ya know? Very little respect for people’s boundaries when I’m bored. I just keep pushing buttons because I always found it fun to get a reaction from the adults.

Now I guess I am one.

That gets a little shrug from her. She sure still didn’t act like it, but like her costume much of it was just an act. A ploy designed to make people think a specific way about her. Harmless. Even stupid. Of course, she was neither of those things, but it did no one any good to go the opposite route into narcissism. She also didn’t want people treating her like some sort of legend. She enjoyed her anonymity.

After a moment she pipes up again, curious.

"Do you ever transform? Was the first real jutsu I ever learned and I use it every day. Run around the wilds, looking for food, looking for others of the shape I took. I kinda got in trouble a while ago.. Not on my record, my mom caught me and punished me herself, but I kept leaving the village when I was a kid. I’d fly around like a bird, or sniff around for scraps like a dog, and no one was ever the wiser it was me.

I got to spend a lot of time just.. Sort of seeing what humans were like… from outside a human form. We’re not bad animals, but by the laws of the natural world we do have some pretty weird priorities. And even stranger attachments. Attachments seem to be the thing that brings humans the most joy, but also the most pain.

So.. I don’t need those. There’s only one thing in the world I see worthy of my full dedication.
” she pauses for a moment and reaches up with a hand, tapping on the steel plate on her collar with Iwa’s paired boulders as a symbol engraved into it. "Iwagakure. And if it ever does fall… well I’ll have fallen long before it, so that won’t matter.”

last edit by aihara ryoko on May 13, 2022 14:42:01 GMT -5
has written 301 posts