Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]

compose a reply
Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]Apr 1, 2022 15:44:11 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

DO NOT MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS

Admittedly, Daisuke was not much for traveling much outside of the land of lightning. But, as of late, the sage had been requested to travel by his sensei, and meet the young sage apprentice of Konohagakure. On his travels back to Kumogakure, however, Daisuke figured he’d take the longer route and enjoy his time off away from the rigorous training that came with learning to balance nature chakra within one’s body.

Today, Daisuke and his loyal companion Kota would find themselves in the Rice-field country, in the small village of Tomori, about a day or so east of Otogakure. Neither place had Daisuke ever been before, and with the culture shock he felt walking through the streets of Konohagakure, the young sage found himself quite interested to see what the culture of places outside his home would be like.

As the two walked about, Daisuke could feel eyes falling to the two of them. Some friendly faces offered a smile or a wave, but the mass majority who glanced his way seemed rather shocked by the shinobi’s presence.

"The fuck is everyone staring at us for?” Daisuke asked under his breath.

"I think they’re staring at me, more so than us. Not everyone is as used to a large wolf’s presence.

Daisuke let out a displeased grunt, placing a hand to his hips before making his best attempt to shrug off the unwanted attention. It wouldn’t take long for him to forget, easing into his footsteps a little more as they wandered the small village. The sun overhead, however, was beginning to set, the sky above shifting into brilliant orange and purple hues.

"What’d ya say we get something to drink, huh? Rice country has gotta have some good local sake, right?

FOR THE BEAST IN ME IS BUT SLEEPING

Temp By: A

Matt has written 205 posts
Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]May 25, 2022 16:44:33 GMT -5
Yutakako Keiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yutakako Keiko Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

I Will Always Be
My Own Kind of Different

There were many versions of adventure. For one it might be the strong growth training alongside someone more skilled. For another, it might be to scale new heights and find new feats to accomplish. And for Keiko…? It was the wandering freedom and awe that showed the world and nature as itself. Keiko loved to travel, had seen so much of the world already and still completely missed out on so much. She was born in one land, trained in another, and traveled through the rest if she could reach them!

It took her through vast wilderness and various village alike, just like this one! A cute village with lots of friendly people. She’d talked to a few earlier in the day, played with the children, and even ventured out to hear about the foliage of the area. A lot of activity that had her burning with energy to do more! Which likely was the reason that she was still prancing herself around the streets at sunset, bright eyes searching oh so eagerly for something else to amuse herself.

It was whispers that caught her attention. The ponytailed girl’s head cant to the side and looking the way of hushed words. ‘wolf.’ A wolf? In the village? But no one was screaming! So she had to see. Trotting her way that way, red hair flipping about, her legs mostly bare other than the black shorts tugged tightly to her hips. A burnt orange tanktop tight to her skin but a looser and tattered red long sleeved shirt atop, the sleeves singed and burned from its use near her burning hands. But a bright grin on her face! She wanted to see what the commotion was about!

Interesting indeed. Some guy and a wolf walking side by side. Oh. Oh! Did it talk?

"Is that a summon!?!”

The excitable girl yelled out from a ways back behind the boy, him already having passed with his wolf a little while ago as she tried to wiggle herself through people and get her way towards him. It was a task rather easily accomplished… though roughly… she wasn’t the most careful of things while pushing through others. But hopping to his side opposite the wolf, totally unaware of their conversation beforehand, she’d lace her fingers behind her back and lean over to look across Daisuke and towards the wolf.

Only for in the next moment to stand up straight, gaze now shifted to Daisuke and quickly looking him over too!

"You’re scaring everyone~”

A very… blunt… comment. But she didn’t sound threatening, mostly amused. It wasn’t like he was hurting anyone, but the fact was that people were unsettled by the presence of a large unknown predator in their midst. ANd… she.. Didn’t act like she cared? Probably?

Yutakako Keiko
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 451 posts
Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]Jun 4, 2022 19:49:39 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

With the red-head bounding over to get a closer look at the two of them, or more accurately just Kota, it seemed, the apprentice and his companion both seemed to pause in their tracks.

Unlike nearly everyone else whose eyes wandered past the two, this woman seemed a bit more excited by Kota’s presence. It was a bit of a shock to Daisuke himself, and even more so for the wolf. It seemed the first time the apprentice could ever think of where Kota seemed at a loss for words.

"Uhh,” the wolf stuttered, his eyes darting to Daisuke and back to the red-head before he gained his composition are more natural attitude. "Kota, my lady.” He said, offering a small nod of his head, the act causing a small smirk of Daisuke’s features.

"You must be familiar if you can guess that.” The young sage said, his arms crossing over his chest as his eyes met with the red-heads before they quickly slickered over her features. To no one’s surprise, Daisuke had never seen the girl before. She was cute, though, already bringing about something of an easier attitude to him rather than his more typical arrogant self.

He’d smirk at her comment, the woman seeming a bit more bubbly in nature, mocking the two more than anything else. She was similar in attitude to Koume, he thought. Another red-hued woman he had eyes for, if only temporarily. Nothing like the icy-haired woman, though…

"You from around here?” Daisuke asked, giving Kota an easy pat on the head between the wolf’s ears. "We were just about to grab a drink. Any recommendations?

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

Temp By: A

Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]Jun 13, 2022 21:28:16 GMT -5
Yutakako Keiko
Yutakako Keiko Avatar
groupnull

I Will Always Be
My Own Kind of Different

A little sound of surprise, the redheaded sage apprentice wouldn’t have expected them to stop so immediately. A faint flutter of steps, but she’d stop too! Standing straight again, hands still folded behind her back, she’d lock in on the young man with attention and focus~

Until the wolf spoke! It must be a summon! "Yutakako Keiko! Lizard Sage Apprentice of the Mighty Lord Ryū!” A slew of words that flew off her tongue, a natural descriptor of herself and one she never shied away from. Her pride in her name first, then who she was by extension that all Lord Ryū had offered her existence. But attention shifted from the summon to the boy, a bit of a laugh and shrug to follow.

"Maybe, I guess? Most animals don’t talk! And I heard him speak~”

Eagerness and energy in her being, it was still exciting to see a summon~ Even if she had her own. It meant he was a shinobi, well probably, and that he formed a relationship with some contracted animal. The songs that sang between those two flowed nicely and something familiar even heard in the ringing melodies in her soul’s ear.

"Mmmm, not really? But that’s how I like it. What about you?”

Though the mention of Lord Ryū might have already tipped him off, Keiko would have answered anyway. She wasn’t from this place, just traveled and stumbled upon. Him? Though she imagined not from here here. Maybe close, but the people were too unfamiliar with him to suggest he was a regular.

The next question to get a stranger answer. Recommendations? A slight hum from her and gaze leaving him to give a glance around and concentrating on those sounds she heard as she focused… the sounds of nature beckoning a song to her and providing that weird answer.

"There’s a river, I guess? Probably could just get someth- ah~ hah. Did you mean like alcohol? I dunno where to get it really, a tavern maybe? I never really touch the stuff after seeing a friend basically lose his mind when he had too much!”

A honest answer, saying they could drink from a river… though her mind catching up with itself eventually. Meaning to suggest he could just grab something to drink at one of the vendors or something in town, when the idea hit her he might mean that more recreational drinking. Tadami had taken her to a tavern once. Akira had his birthday there. But Keiko… never really got into it. She was too busy having fun in the wilderness!

Yutakako Keiko
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 451 posts
Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]Jun 14, 2022 15:38:17 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

'So the rumors of Lord Ryu were true? And this is his apprentice?'

Daisuke's brow shifted slightly at the mention of who exactly the woman before him was. Being more on the outs with his village as a sage did not allow for Daisuke to often be privy of information on subjects like Lord Ryu of Takigakure, but he did know a thing or two of the name. First and foremost was his acclaimed mastery of natural energy, and abilities as a sage. He was one of the fiercest opponents he could imagine, in truth. A fully realized sage had power most could only dream of, and Lord Ryu, from what he knew, was said to be on par, or even greater in strength to Kaede himself. Her being a sage apprentice, though, would have been close to one of the last things he would have guessed about her. It felt strange to him, for fate to bring the two together. Perhaps there was something more to gain here than what his more primitive thoughts had came up with.

"Kojima Daisuke. Apprentice to the wolf sage of Kumogakure.” Admittedly, Daisuke was a bit hesitant to announce himself as such, with Takigakure and Kumogakure being on the more conflicting side of neutral, what with his village's alliegance to Konohagakure. But, he did not think this would be a place for a fight to break out. Her energy would certainly dissuade the idea, at any rate.

"I gotta say, I never would have pegged you for a sage apprentice.” The young shinobi said with a small smirk. "But I can't imagine anyone under Lord Ryu's tutelage would prove anything short of the best. He must see something in you, like what Kaede saw in me.” Daisuke's brow tightened slightly, his eyes once more looking the redhead up and down, though this time with much more curiosity than carnal intregue.

"It is an honor to meet another sage apprentice, Lady Keiko,” Kota said, taking a seat next to Daisuke. "Daisuke and I are still learning of natural energy, and though the process is difficult at times, we are making progress. Perhaps you might be willing to show us an example of what Lord Ryu has taught you, in turn.

Daisuke's eyes shifted to his wolfen companion for a moment before meeting back with Keiko's. It was clear there was hesitation in his mind, but in truth, it was more so because he didn't want his pride and ego to be taken down a notch but what she could do and what he could not. Just as much as these emotions told him he was better than everyone around him, they would also imply the inverse, much as they did now. Keiko no doubt would have had a better understanding of Natural Chakra than what he did. No doubt Lord Ryu would have been a better mentor than Kaede, with his constant lack of effort in his training. Don'yokuna by now had taught Daisuke far more about natural energy and how to control it than Kaede ever had, and he recently was given the scar to prove it.

With the thought, his hand was drawn to his shoulder, where the large wound still remained. It had been weeks ago when the Alpha Wolf had pieced him with his bite, and the wound was still quite sore. Daisuke took in a deep breath, the words of Don'yokuna echoing in his mind. He would need to humble himself if he was ever to fully reach his potential.

"Forget the drink.” Daisuke said, his head dropping slightly before his eyes would once more meet with Keiko's. "Kota is right. I can't shy away from learning, if I intend to fully realize my strength. It would be an honor to train with you, if of course, you would be willing to show me what you can.

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

Temp By: Akira
Flame & Water [Keiko] [C]Jul 18, 2022 12:13:55 GMT -5
Yutakako Keiko
Yutakako Keiko Avatar
groupnull

I Will Always Be
My Own Kind of Different

"Ohh really? That’s awesome!”

The world really seemed small, the amount of apprentices in the sage arts she had met seemed so large in comparison to how few there really should be, right? How many people even studied such a thing? How many survived? But it was still awesome to meet them! Like this guy and his wolf~

His hesitance really wouldnt’ have been noticed and if it had been, she certainly would have prodded! For what was there to be hesitant about? Their teachings and their existence is what they had most securely in life. Things moved on though and he almost seemed to peg her back in a similar way. A tilt of her head and obvious questioning, though instantly followed by a grin and a laugh.

"What are Sage Apprentices supposed to seem like?”

If not her, then who? Not that she was insulted, it was too silly a thing to be upset about. And to his next words about seeing something in her, well, who wouldn’t!

"Mhm~ Lord Ryū found me when I was real young, my life took a big shift~ But I’d never turn back.”

Never would and never will! She’d die before the ways of the sagely arts would leave her. A grin to her lips and attention shifting momentarily as she realized the one speaking had switched. The wolf~

A giggle when the wolf spoke to her so formally, such things not what Keiko ever strived for. But amusement was still present and even stepping in with confidence, crouching down a bit with hands extended towards that wolf. A moment’s pause, as if asking for permission, but the grinning young woman probably didn’t wait long enough before both hands were on the foreign creature, petting through the fir atop its head and smoothed back behind its ears and partially down its spine. Slow and glad strokes, with the girl grinning all the more. Assuming she wasn’t bit or snapped at…

Though, with a mental pause and shift when she realized what was asked. Daisuke could at least rest easy that the forward young woman wasn’t paying attention to him squirming. A soft hum across her lips and eyes off the wolf a moment as she pondered.

"Sure, I could. What do you guys know so far?”

If it was like a teaching thing, it might help if she knew what he was getting into. Maybe he was actually further than her! If the wolf had let her, petting would have continued. It wasn’t like Keiko had canines around a lot to fawn over, and seeing one that could talk and knew of sage things was even more special!

Forget the drink?

A tilt of her head once more with a few more pets towards the wolf and gaze locked onto that Sage standing above. Why’d he sound so serious all the sudden? A snicker given and the girl popping up with a faint flicker back to accompany. Hands on her hips and the forward child not looking as if she’d turn him down! Probably. Or she’d turn him down with a grin on her face.

"Don’t get so glum, chum! Where you at in things? It might help me help you.”

Yutakako Keiko
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 451 posts