Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]

compose a reply
Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 5, 2022 12:45:57 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

DO NOT MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS

Unfortunately, days off had been few and far between for the young sage apprentice. Kaede had echoed the words to Daisuke "Idle hands are the devil's workshop,” when he began his training, and multiple times since. Such a hypocrite. He’d scoff at the thought, knowing how his sensei spent his days when the two hadn’t been training together. Drinking and lazing around the village, finding more reasons to slack off than to actually work over the recent months. Daisuke wouldn’t be that way. Daisuke spent nearly every moment he could training, though learning to balance natural chakra within his body wasn’t exactly something he could do without the guidance of Kaede or Don’yokuna. When he became a sage, and when he someday had apprentices of his own, he would be sure to show them what power a real sage could attain through dedication.

But, despite the countless hours he spent working on becoming a sage himself, much of that could not be done alone. Training with natural chakra could result in death, if one was not careful, and as much as his pride and ego told him otherwise, he knew that he wasn’t in a place quite yet to use the energies on his own. Especially without a moonstone necklace like the one Kaede had. So, it left him with days like today, where Kaede was off, no doubt getting drunk in some corner of the village or chasing tail, leaving Daisuke to his own devices.

It was funny to the young sage, when he truly thought about it, how similar the two actually were. He too shared the duo of weaknesses for women and drink. He still trained in the early mornings with Kota, strengthening their bond in a similar vein as Kaede and Renji. But there was only so much training one could do in a day. His muscles ached, and the past week it seemed Daisuke had woken without feeling any of the benefits from his sleep. He’d wake exhausted, work himself harder, and drown himself in his training to numb the pains of his life outside of sagedom.

He’d been dwelling on a particular event as of late. A woman, no surprise, who had seemed to take a near permanent residence in his mind. The two had bonded hard and fast, but it seemed they both feared a greater commitment. He still laughed at the fact that, despite their hours spent together, he still didn’t even learn the woman’s name before the night was over. He practiced during his training to put his mind in a void-like state, losing himself to everything around him, focusing his pure concentration on the task at hand. But, it would seem that it simply wasn’t enough. What left was there to do at the end of the day but bend to his other vice, when his mind felt stricken with a pain that he’d never admit, something he cared not to face.

His features felt dark, nearly sunken as he headed inside one of his usual places, "The Swallow’s Perch.” It was a favored establishment of his, and as a man of habit, he had been there so many times that he knew and tried nearly everything on their menu. It was locally famous for their Shio Ramen, and a special blend of spirit they distilled from murasaki sweet potatoes. Both of which sounded incredible at the time.

To his surprise, the place was packed. It seemed he’d forgotten the day of the week again, looking at the calendar on the wall to notice it was Saturday.

"That’ll do it.” He sighed under his breath.

He’d scan the locale looking for a place to sit, finding almost no empty seats save for one or two at a communal table, and one at the bar. Perhaps if he took the open seat at the bar he could find himself lost in his thoughts without too much else bothering him. The din would at least help to drown his thoughts a little, and help him forget about how sore his body was.

"Seat taken?” Daisuke asked the young slender woman next to the open seat. His brow had raised, expression slightly scrunched with his usual off-putting energy about him. He’d notice though, hopefully not too late for the woman to notice his usual demeanor, and he’d turn his head away a brief moment trying to settle the thoughts that bounced around in his head and make himself feel more warm, if only slightly.

FOR THE BEAST IN ME IS BUT SLEEPING

Temp By: A

Matt has written 205 posts
Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 5, 2022 14:41:41 GMT -5
Shōko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shōko Avatar
groupnull
age Eighteen years old birthday February 15th rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 2 Member
Tag:
Words: Error-proneT
Hex: c63923
Notes: Shōko has some ramen on order, and managed to get a little bit of time away from people pestering her, but that could change. Fortunately, she wasn't the type to give a cold shoulder when fans might see.

Mageruhi Shõko

Techno-ninja Superstar of Kumogakure

Shōko's day had gone well thus far. A bit of training, a little alone time, a bit of work with her team, an hour of tinkering or so, and then off to spend some time in public. However, that could get exhausting after a while, and though she had been at the bar for several hours, she hadn't been able to get anything to eat, but had plenty of offers for drinks from admirers and fans alike.

However, she had finally gotten away and convinced everyone to give her a break. It was not easy to do so politely, or without ruffling any feathers, but Shōko managed in the end.

She had taken the time to order up some ramen and was expecting it soon, but her peace was broken somewhat as a man moved up to the open seat next to her and inquired if it was available.

"It's open. Feel free to take it," Shōko replied.

She secretly hoped that he'd let her eat in peace, but Shōko wasn't the type to become standoffish while in public, even if she was bordering on exhausted. 

She could handle it... probably...

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 7 posts
Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 5, 2022 15:14:29 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

Thankfully it seemed his presence in the seat beside the young woman was a welcomed one. Or at least, the option was open for him. He’d nod his head, taking the seat beside her before quickly ordering himself a tempura platter, a mixture of fried veggies with shrimp and calamari, an omurice plate with extra chicken, along with a stiff glass of the murasake spirit, and a kirin to wash it all down.

After his order was taken, Daisuke would let out a deep sigh, his eyes shutting as he relaxed into the bar stool and slouched himself forward, elbows and hands propped up to hold his face in his hands. The body language he displayed made it clear that he was ready to call it quits for the day. Nearly every fiber of his being tensed and throbbed, feeling the full extent of his exhaustion. His eyes felt heavy, his head even more so as he lifted himself from his closed off position.

Another deep breath came and left as his eyes peered over at the woman beside him. Looking at her, it seemed she shared a similar feeling. Fatigue, from one reason or another, worn behind the mask that claimed everything was okay. Something Daisuke knew all too well, it felt easy for him to spot on another face.

The liquor and beer had soon been placed before him, though it’d likely be a fair deal longer before he received his food with how full the place was. He’d form a small smirk on his face though, glad to have a little refreshment, something to help him loosen up slightly. The familiar burn of the alcohol trickled down the back of Daisuke’s throat, and he’d knock his head back before the smirk turned to a soft smile.

"You look almost as tired as I feel.” The young sage said, his eyes turning to the side to glance at the woman who sat beside him. "Long day, too?

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 6, 2022 7:31:52 GMT -5
Shōko
Shōko Avatar
groupnull
age Eighteen years old birthday February 15th rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 2 Member
Tag:
Words: Error-prone Thinking
Notes: Shōko perks herself back up so as to not appear fatigued, but it will likely only last for so long.

Mageruhi Shõko

Shōko watched the man out of the corner of her eye while he went through a fairly diverse order of food and drink. Not only was it a wide range of things, but it was a very hearty portion, far more than she would ever order, let alone be able to eat in one sitting. It was a bit impressive, but also concerning in a way.

He may have been joking about the way she appeared, but it did have an impact on Shōko. She sat up straight away and gently placed her hands to her face, with fingertips along her cheekbones. Had her mask begun to slip? Were the cracks in her façade that obvious? Her carefully cultivated persona was not known for a lack of energy or exuberance, but to expect that of anyone in a real scenario was unreasonable.

"Hah! No, no..." Shōko replied with a wave of one hand, as if brushing the comment off. "Just a little distracted, that's all."

She had noticeably perked up after his comments and appeared to be ready and raring to go again, with whatever she may have to do. Granted, internally, Shōko would have loved to take a twenty minute nap or something to recharge.

However,  a fruity cocktail was placed down in front of her and she quickly slid it over and took a sip through a straw. She'd politely declined all offers of drinks up until that point, because she didn't want to play favorites, and because she didn't really want to consume any alcohol around fans as it could set up a bad image for her.

This cocktail didn't have anything extra in it, though, so it wasn't going to cause her any trouble. Many people went to a bar to get drunk and "have a good time", but not Shōko. She was there for her fans. It was an easy place to find people who recognized her and to get a little bit of publicity whenever she needed it.

This guy seemed to be here for something else - as if he was a regular. A sad drunk? Someone looking to just drown their self in food and drink and forget whatever bothered them? 

"It has been a long day, though."

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 6, 2022 11:07:15 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

A small chuckle, the corner of his mouth perking up in a smirk as Daisuke stared down into the clear liquid in his glass. Regardless if she was just deep in thought as she had claimed, it seemed to matter little to the young sage. He’d shake his head, trying to clear his thoughts, changing his thinking to be focused more on the present. Time and again he found himself in a similar way, lost in his own thoughts, and it would often send him spiraling downward if he allowed himself to dwell. It was part of why he liked his training so much. It never gave him time to think.

But, much of that too, was about perspective. Dwelling on the negatives was somewhat habitual to Daisuke, a twisted form of comfort, even. But, thinking about where he was today, and the experiences he’d had that had gotten him to this place in time would help him practice a little gratitude. He told himself to be thankful for where he was at, rather than think too much on how far he sould be, or how much he wished certain things were different. No, this was not the time for that. He had a stiff drink in front of him, warm food along the way, and if he let loose a little, perhaps he’d even make himself a new friend.

With a deep breath in and quickly out of his nose, Daisuke relaxed a bit, and turned his attention to the woman beside him. He’d release the glass of liquor, grabbing the beer instead and taking a quick sip before he spoke.

"Well, now is a good time to try and relax, huh?” He’d start, trying to sound more friendly than his usual self. "It’s Friday isn’t it? Or, Saturday? Sometime near the end of the week,” he said with a chuckle. "And that means we get to recharge a little.

Daisuke would pause a moment, turning his attention back to the cold beer in his hands to take another sip of the deep amber liquid.

"Honestly, I kinda hate being in a place as crowded as this.” The young sage said with a smirk, his thumb playing with the dog-eared corner of the label on his bottle, the condensation beginning to wear the binding away. "I can’t say I’ve ever seen this place so full, come to think of it. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, huh?

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Apr 19, 2022 10:11:05 GMT -5
Shōko
Shōko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Notes: Shōko agrees that relaxing is important, and great. However, she doesn't know where everyone came from, even if she brought a few by accident.

Mageruhi Shõko

Shōko grinned faintly and held up her drink. "It's always a good time to relax, especially when there's nothing better to do."

"It is Friday, and I have no obligations this weekend, so I am doing whatever I feel like for the moment," Shōko continued. 

Truth be told, it was only partly accurate. She was just as likely to get suckered in by obligation or fall prey to her own nature and go out crowd-pleasing. It was never a boring day for Shōko, that much was certain.

As for why the place was so full? Shōko knew that she contributed to that with about a half-dozen people that had followed her in, but there may have been something else bringing the rest of the crowd.

She shook her head.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe they have a sale? Or bingo?"

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]May 2, 2022 14:29:22 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

The young sage nodded his head, a small grin on his face as he reached for his drink to take a sip. "Well I wouldn't really say it comes naturally for me. The whole 'sage apprentice' thing kinda takes its toll. But, it is times like these I'm more thankful for nowadays. Nights off give me a chance to breath.” Daisuke let off a small chuckle.

Turning his head back to the small crowd, Daisuke could see a group of people beginning to gather around a single table, as a large chalkboard was wheeled into the room, though it wasn't until his drinking partner suggested bingo that it finally hit him. "Oh, shit,” Daisuke said with a chuckle, "It's trivia night.

"Okay folks, it is once again that night of the week!” A voice echoed out across the entire bar. Just next to the chalkboard, a woman standing at a small booth with a microphone in her hand continued. "Here at the Perch, we love to see how many random facts you all keep tucked away inside those busy brains o' yours! Come join us for trivia, starting in just ten minutes! Any team between two and four members is more than welcome to compete for this week's prize of ¥250, plus a ¥50 voucher for the Swallow's Perch! Buy-in is only ¥10, and that includes a free drink with your purchase! We'd hate to see anyone miss out! Come join the fun, again, starting in just ten minutes!

Boy did she seem awfully chipper. But, downing the rest of his drink, Daisuke's grin would fall back to the woman who sat next to him. "Well, free drink with the buy-in, huh? I think I'd be up for some trivia if you wanted to team up. Could be fun, huh?

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Jun 20, 2022 10:27:13 GMT -5
Shōko
Shōko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Notes: Shōko isn't against trivia, just not the best at it. She does agree to participate, though!

Mageruhi Shõko

Trivia night, huh?

Shōko like a good game show, but couldn't say she was known for her wide range of knowledge. In fact, she was better known for not knowing answers to trivial things.

However, since it was a team game, she could rely on her teammate if it came to it. Shōko let out a soft sigh. She didn't really need more to drink, free or otherwise, but she didn't feel like going home yet, either.

"Sure, I can do some trivia."

She started to fish around her pockets for some spare change to pay for the entry fee and after some work managed to piece some together.

"This should cover my buy-in," she passed it over to Daisuke without much worry. "You can get us signed up, right?"

Error-prone Thinking [Shoko]Jul 11, 2022 13:56:23 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

With a small nod and grin, Daisuke took the few ryo and headed over to sign him and his new drinking buddy up for the game of trivia that was soon to follow. They were assigned a team with two other competitors, instructed to group up before the game would start. With the news, Daisuke would head back to the redhead and grab his drink, flagger her over to follow him as he made his way to their new table.

"Five more minutes folks!

Taking a seat at the round table, Daisuke would flip the chair around, resting his arms crossed against the back of the chair now in front of him.

"Hey there!” One of their new "teammates" called, offering a hand to Daisuke. "Hope you two are good with random facts! Sure would be nice to get some of that prize money!” He said with a hearty laugh. "I'm Ichi, and this is Tosin.

Somewhat nonchalantly, Daisuke would reach for his drink and take a sip before shaking the fellow's hand, though he would soon offer a warmer smile all the same.

"Daisuke.” He said, offering his hand to the one called Tosin afterward before Ichi would offer his hand to the redheaded woman as well.

"And you are, miss?

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

Temp By: Akira