fins and feet | tota [training]

compose a reply
fins and feet | tota [training]Mar 13, 2023 7:00:52 GMT -5
Tota
Kirigakure's #1 Student
Tota Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age Ten years old birthday 12/08/-1 rank Academy Student occupation

Tota's punch had caught the girl off guard, but she quickly returned the favor. SHe recovered from the winding she sustained, a leg came flying out of no where toward the boys chest. He similarly attempted to divert it with a side swipe of his arm however came to late to intercept the attack. The foot pressed hard and abruptly against Tota's chest, sending him stumbling back a few steps. If it weren't for the sure footing he had on the flat ground he may have fallen, but due to his prefer style of punching rather than kicking he remained balanced. He bent over for a moment, coughing and hissing a little as his body reeled from the impact. "Another good one. You're really surprising me with your taijutsu skiils" Tota said.

Tota immediately straightened his back and jumped toward the sun-kissed girl. With each step he took the boy focused more strength into his arm, remembering the forms he had been taught. With a sudden burst forward Tota brought his arm up from his waist, sending it toward the left cheek of Risa. While it wasn't particularly fast, it had been perfectly executed to utilise all the strength the young academy student could muster. When he outstretched that arm, he followed up with the other aimed at the left side.

•notes:

Word Count: 222

last edit by Tota on Mar 13, 2023 7:03:50 GMT -5
Zazu has written 141 posts
fins and feet | tota [training]May 14, 2023 23:10:19 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday june 20, -3sd rank academy student occupation baby shark

THE SECRET IS NOT TO DREAM

It was a square hit, ball of the foot to Tota’s chest, and it sent him stumbling back. There wasn’t a lot of power behind her kicks, Risa was realizing, but she was pretty quick with them—she wondered how she’d do in the water, and if maybe building up her leg strength would help. Less focus on quickness, more on stable footing and striking power…

"I like taijutsu!” she chirped, bouncing on the balls of her feet, beaming with pride. "I’m not really very good at any one thing like you are, but it’s really fun to learn everything I can!” She’d always loved moving her body around, and spent all of her childhood zipping through the water as fast as her limbs would take her; taijutsu felt like the next best thing, since even her bruises and aching muscles made her feel good, present, alive.

She saw the hook coming, but she couldn’t react in time; her footing wasn’t steady enough, she couldn’t twist out of the way. It was a solid hit, square against her cheekbone, while her ears were still ringing and she tried to bounce back from the recoil there was another strong hit to her other cheek that made her so dizzy she dropped to one knee.

"Owww owie,” Risa whined, rubbing her temple, but she was grinning all the while. "I’m definitely not as good as you, Tota, you win. How did you get so good at this so fast?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 83 posts
fins and feet | tota [training]Nov 18, 2023 5:10:21 GMT -5
Tota
Kirigakure's #1 Student
Tota Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age Ten years old birthday 12/08/-1 rank Academy Student occupation

"You like taijutsu, huh?" Tota replied, somewhat surprised by the girls answer. He had honestly never seen her fight, besides the occasional practice against a test dummy. It was good to finally get a sense of where her skill laid, comparing it to his own. It seemed for now- just as Risa had remarked, Tota was the most skilled out of the two of them even despite her being two years his elder. 

After his punches connected with the full brunt of his strength Tota jumped back to retreat. Avoiding any retaliation the girl may have had in store. Although she did nothing besides continue the conversation, surprising him. As she admitted defeat, Tota calmly approached her with a soft smile and extended his hand out into a thumbs up.

"Good fight Risa! Well... the truth is i get up early in the morning to train before class.. and most weekends." Tota claimed, before giving the girl a short pause.

"That's why i've been so tired in class lately.. but i guess it's paid off, yeah." He added.

Tota didn't offer the girl a hand up, knowing she'd probably just get mad at him for wanting to help. Instead he turned his back and brushed off any loose material like dirt from his signature jacket. 

"Maybe if we train together more often, you'll be as good as me! How about same time next week?" He happily asked.

•notes:

n/a

Word Count: 237

Zazu has written 141 posts