groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The Demon Desert...

Moment Music

It was a wasteland like many others within Kaze no Kuni, but close enough to the village to allow for some semblance of notoriety for a notable travel route. Being as it was a dangerous way to return to the village, Arashi had elected it as one of the last few places Asahi would over take to return home. Of course, given if he had no other choice, it would be one way to get back. It hadn't taken her long to narrow down the possibilities, but time was limited for her sadly, and while she would dedicate much of her free time to her search, she could not leave the village long, or at least without being noticed. Naturally, being the second to the Kazekage meant that many people would wonder where she was if not in her office, so she made it a habit to try and claim her leave as a form of training.

Though she doubted she fooled many with that...

Upon arriving to the area, noting the lack of life and limited wildlife, the biggest concern being that of desert lizards and worms, she'd allow her sand platform to fade from beneath her feet, placing herself down upon the ground as she began to scan the area. With darkness coming soon, it would be difficult to see for much longer, and the night would bring with it the deadly chill of the sun's absence.

But maybe...she might have some luck here...

"Alright...here we are..."

"Hmph...you waste your time if you think your lover is here..."

"Can do without the negativity..."

Setting her pack down and her gourd beside her, she'd release a breath as she began to summon the contents of the container into the air, allowing it to float close to her as she began to graze her fingertips along it. Tapping into the material, connecting it to her chakra, she'd then let it fly out into the wind, scattering it in various directions as she hoped to perhaps catch something on the wind itself. It was no different than what she had done at all her other sites, leading to her coming up with nothing at the end of her week in that area. But the desert was large enough that there was a good chance that perhaps he had just kept moving, perhaps taking shelter somewhere that she couldn't detect.

Sitting herself down, she'd then cross her legs as she began to produce a small shelter, a simple open dome that provided protection from the elements, and some vantage viewing of the area as she began to allow tendrils of sand to cross beneath her, much like a web that would extend itself outward further and further, disappearing into the dunes as to give her more awareness.

"You have been at this for months...I simply want you to face the reality of the situation...If he were not dead, he would have made his presence known..."

Ignoring the voice in her head, she'd continue to close her eyes as she focused on sensing the movements across the desert. The soft steps of insects, the rapid movement of prey escaping their predators. Their chakra signatures weren't what she was looking for, but they didn't show any threat so she paid them no mind.

As time progressed, the night would begin to come overhead, leading to her opening her eyes as she stared out into the distance.

"He isn't dead..."

"Hmm...so you have said for the last four hours...you were chanting it..."

Shukaku would seem to grumble as he returned to his slumbered state within her, leading to her narrowing her vision as she focused once more. She could no longer see, but her senses were still on alert.

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

Fuuinjutsu Savant

Within her youth, Arashi had always been a natural when it came to the art of sealing techniques. Trained under one of it's great masters, her skill and understanding of this nearly forgotten artform only grew and has become more seasoned over time. With this knowledge, the shinobi is capable of identifying the nature and abilities of a seal just by looking at it, mapping out their structure, strength, and abilities based on previous experience and her own studies with the craft. This skill also allows for her own seals to become much stronger in their usage, extend their duration people(1 post), able to modify them to suit a specific situation or to quickly implement them in the field.

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Sunano Senshingu[ Sand Sensing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Jiton
DESCRIPTION:
By dispersing chakra enhanced sand into a specific area, the user is able to discern the presence of bodies that come into direct contact with it. This sensing sand can be spread across a wide terrain of 100 feet, or even float in the air allowing aerial foes to be detected for an extended range of 150 feet due to it's lack of being stationary. Once the sand comes in contact with a person, it will wrap itself around them, rendering even invisible targets, visible.

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Apr 18, 2022 19:54:49 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Apr 18, 2022 11:16:36 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I have?...Yea...I guess I have..."

Closing the book in front of her face at the moment, it seemed that the night sky was starting to create the painting of stars overhead, leading to placing the object down as she began to stand up and stretch her arms into the air. With the cloak resting across her body, she'd soon allow it to fall from her lap before narrowing her eyes as she continued to look off into the far off setting of mountains.

The terrain was rough...it was possible that he could be crossing it and having had to stop to rest. There was also the open desert as a trek back. Of course, with the night now upon the land, it was risky to do so with the cold and the animals now out searching for easy prey.

If there is some comfort...he'll likely have managed to heat himself should he take that route...

Right...he's basically a walkin sunspot...but even so..I'd have sensed him if he did that...

Releasing a breath, Arashi would wave her hand to the side of her, drawing forth a small collection of sand as it began to swirl and form into an orb as she bounced it up and down within her hands.

Magnetic interference than?

Hmph...You'd still have noted a spike or are you still using my power poorly?

Narrowing her eyes, she'd then look to the side as she began to pace from one side to the next before sitting herself back down within her shelter.

Fine...fine...I'm not gonna say it...but I'll think it...if he...is dead...then what?

It wouldn't be the first time you lost a lover...should anything change?

He isn't a fling!

Slamming her hand down against the ground, her eyes would close as she let the sand drip down like water from her palm as the orb dissolved.

I do not see the difference if you want me to be honest...

Silence lingered between the two as Shukaku would speak again...this time posing a question...

Why is it so important that he be alive? If he lacked the will to survive, he is useless to you and the village...

Because I need him to be okay....I do...not the village...I need him to be...

No..you don't...In the end...I have seen thousands if not millions die...if not by me than by their own doing or that of life's cycle...in the end...you need only yourself and your power to survive...while there are few exceptions...I have yet to come upon another who proved themselves worth saving...save for my connections with the Jinchuuriki...

Thats a rather cold way of livin ain't it?

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

Fuuinjutsu Savant

Within her youth, Arashi had always been a natural when it came to the art of sealing techniques. Trained under one of it's great masters, her skill and understanding of this nearly forgotten artform only grew and has become more seasoned over time. With this knowledge, the shinobi is capable of identifying the nature and abilities of a seal just by looking at it, mapping out their structure, strength, and abilities based on previous experience and her own studies with the craft. This skill also allows for her own seals to become much stronger in their usage, extend their duration people(1 post), able to modify them to suit a specific situation or to quickly implement them in the field.

-Jutsu Used-
DESCRIPTION:
By dispersing chakra enhanced sand into a specific area, the user is able to discern the presence of bodies that come into direct contact with it. This sensing sand can be spread across a wide terrain of 100 feet, or even float in the air allowing aerial foes to be detected for an extended range of 150 feet due to it's lack of being stationary. Once the sand comes in contact with a person, it will wrap itself around them, rendering even invisible targets, visible.

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Apr 18, 2022 20:29:47 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The slightly blow of the wind to the east brought some noise to the silence that followed Arashi's statement, leading to Shukaku seeming to now be at attention as he spoke once more within her head.

We've had this conversation before...I do not see a need to repeat it...and yet you seem eager to press me...

Maybe cause I'm curious...after everythin we've been through...ya still think no more of anyone...including people?

No...

Drawing her leg upward toward her chest, the Jounin would sigh before rubbing her arm as it rested upon her raised knee, her eyes looking outward yet again.

Why do you?

Because I've seen it...How many times should I be dead? How many people have come to save me and they could have left me for dead? How many teachers? How many friends...people in my life...have come into it and made it better than I hardly gave em the time of day?...Zakku, Asa, Uta, Miyo, Torachi-sama, Tsuneo-sensei, Homura-sensei...just a name a few...

Yes...and few remain from that small selection of names...because they were worthless in the grand end of things...they died or gave up...their words echo in your mind and yet they did not follow them...

Arashi would just close her eyes before then shaking her head.

So I should just forget them?

Whether or not you do is up to you...just understand that their reflection in your life holds no sway over your choices...much like what the woman said...your actions create ripples...if anything...the reason those people were drawn to you is because of me...and I see little value or influence from them upon my creation...

Maybe ya don't..but they changed me...I can't imagine what I'd be like without them...hell...if not for Hiroaki-sensei...I'd still be kickin down grave makers of the council...

And Kazekage...

That seemed to give Arashi a moment of pause as she released a small breath before lowering her head.

"Low blow..."

Would you know say he has had the biggest influence upon your life? After all..you are what you because of him...

Which I get...and I've forgiven him for it...

Have you? Or have you simply decided that for his sake? Deep down you still resent him...and a part of you will never forgive him for letting you down....

It wasn't a lie...she couldn't think of the last time she spoke on the matter. Perhaps because it was redundant. It didn't matter. She was who she was, and there wasn't any way of changing it. Though in truth...thinking on it now....

She did it because she didn't want her father to feel constantly under the impression that she didn't...and that a small part of her did want things to get back to normal between the two of them. It seemed to work...but there wasn't exactly a complete trust there. Maybe their never would be...

He did mention once...That if came down to the village and me...he'd choose me...

Shaking her head, she'd then frown as she returned her focus back on the matter at hand.

"Anyway...this isn't about me...this is about you!"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-
DESCRIPTION:

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Apr 22, 2022 16:33:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There is nothing more to discuss...I will never trust humans as far as you wish for me to...and when you are gone...I will once again find my place within bondage...

It wasn't a lie...

Arashi was aware that time was different for a Bijuu than to a Jinchuuriki. While she may not have wished to admit it, she would not be around forever. A fact that was shorted almost with every mission or operation. When she was dead, that was it. There were means of coming back, if Akira had been any indication, but none that she was aware of. Not only that, but if there were, she'd not be herself. For Shukaku, his life was endless...

It would keep going with or without her. They would go on and likely be bonded to yet another Jinchurriki and the process would begin all over again. She may have been the second to hold the One Tails, but she wasn't to be the last. His imprisonment was certain, but maybe...that might change one day.

Even you agree I see...

Only because ya don't have the best track record when it comes to freedom...maybe if ya didn't go on a rampage...people would be willin to leave ya be...

Another lie..power attracts and I hold power...you...of all people...know this...

Arashi would begin to move around her settlement, her eyes scanning the distance as she shook her head.

"Not always for the best...but sometimes...yea...and even so...that doesn't make them all bad..."

Shukaku would grunt before seeming to fade into silence, their eyes closing before then leaving Arashi once more alone.

Honestly....Arashi wished that the beast would keep talking. At the very least, it would dull the rumbling of her own thoughts as she found herself releasing a breath as she summoned the sand around the cover she made to prepare her leave.

"He isn't coming...."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-
DESCRIPTION:

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]May 2, 2022 11:19:06 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

As Arashi moved through the desert, the fall of night having covered her tracks, she'd stop short of sight from the village, baring her teeth as she allowed herself a moment to release some of her frustration. If anything, it had less to do with Shukaku, and more to do with herself. Though in releasing a high powered scream that seemed to echo across the landscape, she'd turn toward the opposite side of the area, allowing herself to fall to her knees as she felt tears begin to well up in her eyes.

There was clearly a pattern here, though she didn't want to admit it...

People she seemed to care about seemed to disappear. It was almost as if she were cursed, or that her emotions just seemed to draw them into danger and then they were gone. Asahi wasn't dangerous, he wasn't a threat, but still he was no where to be found, not even to her? This was impossible, and it felt as if fate or gods or whatever were playing with her. Did it matter who was responsible? Because in the end, she was the one that had him leave in the middle of a mission to report and he hadn't so much had shown any signs that he was okay.

It was more than just frustration, it was fear that he may be dead and she didn't even say anything meaningful to him. Her last words were an order and that was...unacceptable...

"What is even with you lately!? All you've done till now is be quiet and now your just busting my back every chance ya can get!"

What you're feeling has little to do with me...but if your thoughts are any indication...maybe you are cursed...Who knows? This would make the fifth fool on the list of people that happened to find some semblance of charm to you...

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-
DESCRIPTION:

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 3, 2022 22:34:42 GMT -5
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 3, 2022 23:59:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There was a clear boiling point that was starting to hit the surface, and while Shukaku wasn't Arashi's target, it was not helped by his involvement within her affairs.

Nor the fact that there was some truth to his statement.

Asa, Uta..Nezumi...Akira...and now Asahi...

She felt like she was losing her mind, but there was a connection somewhere, and it seemed to all point to the fact that someone, perhaps even a higher power than her own was clearly against her having any sort of happiness. She certainly couldn't blame it on her father, so who else than the one being that seem to be at the center of it all..

It wasn't fair..nor was it right, but she was so angry that it was starting to feel like someone had to be called out on it, and Shukaku was it.

"Just stop! All you ever do is criticize or bitch! I'm sick of it!!"

Feeling the tears continue to fall from her face, Arashi would bare her teeth as she'd close her eyes as though they would shield her from the world.

"I just want to be happy! I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY! WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR ANYONE TO GET THAT!? WHY CAN"T I HAVE THAT!?"

Her expression softened as she'd feel her face, the dampness of her tears seeming to be absorbed into her flesh, her eyes softening as she remembered just why it was that she couldn't have those things. Why she couldn't get a happy ending. Why her life was a constant circle of mishaps, dangers, drama. It was a cycle that would never end because of what she was. While she may have pretended each day was different, that she may have been getting better. She was, in the end, a vessel to a monster. That was a curse in and of itself. That meant that there were few endings that would allow herself to gain what it was that she wanted as a goal.

Even if it were silent, it was limited to what she could be...

She could never be a mother....such a process would endanger countless lives....she could never be normal, that was thrown out the window the moment she became a Jinchurriki. Her relationships would always be tied to the fact that if she were in danger, those that cared would come to her aid, and sadly...they could die.

She felt as though there was a startling reason why the Council had attempted to make her an emotionless weapon, because it was easier to accept the deaths of those that would die to protect her.

In shaking her head, she'd never want to admit that as truth....but she also felt as though she were living a lie.

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 4, 2022 20:37:14 GMT -5
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 4, 2022 20:44:33 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

Life Is like an hourglass
Eventually everything hits the bottom
Then all you have to do is wait until
someone comes along and turns it around

"Stupid ass Religions with their damn cults."  Zakku practically spat as he trudged back to Sunagakure.  He wanted to strip himself of his torn and tattered clothes but he wasn't showing up to the village naked.  At least not this time.  His shirt was torn and cut his shoes had long since been destroyed leaving his feet covered in sand. His pants had seemingly been torn at the knees by a slice of his jutsu. Numerous new cuts and one long gash across his shoulders peaked out from the shirts damage. After following a false lead he'd gotten involved in a small adventure with a small cult.  At least he hoped they were small.  Stopping quickly his eyes darted around as he heard someone yelling.  "Yuda no Shisai I'm never gonna get a day off."  He let out a grunt and started a weak run towards the yelling.  Each step was more of a running limp as both knees threatened to give out at any moment.  Taking the shortcut through the sandworm feeding grounds wasn't the best choice on conserving his stamina and chakra.

"Arashi?"  Zakku asked as he got closer to the crying and caught a glimpse of the form that was emitting the noises.  Arashi had been the last person he'd ever expected to find crying.  Especially out here away from the Village.  She's so strong what could have broken her?  'Oh wait...' Of course.  He was so stupid he knew exactly why she was out here. 

Brand New Days
With slow and limited movements he move over and sat down beside her.  Ayu's words slowly creeping into his head.  '
Arashi has been waiting out in the desert for months now for him to come back...'  His green eyes focused on the sand in front of them as he propped his hands up on his knees.  "You know being a shinobi was nothing like I imagined as a kid.  I believed that it would never change.  I'd always have Kyoko sensei to watch over me no matter what.  I'd always have Miori and Nezumi to watch my back but nothing like that ever happened huh?"  Pulling out a broken blunt he'd absent mindedly began to pull off wrapping paper and try straighten it out.  

"Things kept changing, people kept leaving and I kept getting passed around like a handkerchief but despite all that there was one thing ever since that academy that never changed.  That'd be the inspiration you've given me."  He'd see his academy self watching with the others as Arashi showed off another of her newly learned talents.  Such contempt and jealousy he could see in the tinier hims face.  He'd run home and demanded his father teach him a new technique.  That day he'd learned the Running beast Technique.  His first time with it and he was dragged around by it because of how little control he'd had over his chakra.  Such a distant memory seemed so close.  

"Whether it was at the Academy or that day you found me on the wall crying you'd helped inspire me to continue my career.  I don't think Ayu-chan would still be a shinobi if you hadn't had such an impact on my life."  A small smile spread across his face.  "Despite everything that's changed you've stayed and I really appreciate that."    
last edit by Zakku Burokon on Jun 4, 2022 20:45:36 GMT -5
Duh Dood has written 541 posts
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 5, 2022 18:34:17 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

A starlight confession

Arashi would hear her name being called and was surprised to see Zakku inches away. It was especially startling since she had sent him and Ayukawa to Otesu for training, though it seemed as if he were just getting back from somewhere else.

Before she could ask questions or even so much as utter a word, he'd begin to speak upon his previous expectations in becoming a shinobi, sitting himself down next to her as he spoke.

He'd express how things had changed and that the people that had started at his side seemed to fade into other places or just disappeared. But despite all of that, the one thing that seemed to remain was her, and being an constant inspiration to him.

It was a bit strange to hear that she inspired anyone, but in wiping her face of the dampness beneath her eyes, she'd listen to him continue to list off the things she'd done, and how she had effected him and even perhaps prevented Ayukawa from giving up through her belief in him. To that end, he'd state how much he appreciated her.

"Hmph....I didn't do anything...ya put in the work...I can't take credit for that..."

Looking away, she'd reach over swiftly to snatch the blunt out from his hands, looking over the material as she'd then examine it with a calm expression.

"I'm only still here because I can't not be here...I have responsibilities....My family...my friends...the village and the people I care about...I made a promise to myself that I would protect everything I can about...and the things that those loved by them..."

As her fingertips adjusted the herbal materials into place, she'd continue to speak as she looked upward toward the sky.

"I do that because...without it...I don't have anything...I become basically what I was supposed to be...a weapon...an emotionless machine like a Shippai...and even that is a bit far fetched considering...but just...being able to help other people...even if its just by giving them a chance...that's something a machine can't do...they don't get anything outta it..."

Continuing to rework the blunt into a better position, she'd then release a soft breath before shaking her head.

"I'm just tired...of always having to say goodbye...and to give up the things I cherish because of what I have to do...and now with Asahi...gone...and because it might be because of me...."

In leaning her face in to lick the wrapper, she'd then crease it downward upon itself as she then closed her eyes.

"I do enough of that as the Jounin Hanchou...and I didn't even want that job...it just...it's just too much sometimes..."

From there, she'd extend it back toward the Chunin without looking at him, pushing herself upward to her feet as she'd brush off the dust from her knees and then find herself looking out into the distance.

"But I can't give up...not on him....I won't say...."

Closing her eyes, she'd hold her hand to her chest before then feeling the tears well up under her eyes, the strain of them almost like eyeliner as they created dark patches beneath them.

"Zakku....He isn't coming home is he?"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 5, 2022 18:34:51 GMT -5
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 5, 2022 22:18:56 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku listened intently as Arashi snatched his blunt away and started fiddling with it.  Talking about the promise she made to herself about protecting those she cared about and the things they loved made him question his own motives.  

As Arashi talked about being an emotionless Shippai it stirred something in him.  He couldn't imagine her being and emotionless killing machine.  Especially the Arashi he knew and was happy she'd defied the emotionless fate set for her.  She'd probably have killed him and Nezumi way easier than she'd hurt them that day if so.

Zakku wasn't surprised she blamed herself.  He knew she didn't have to especially with their line of work.  It was a risk they all ran never coming home forced to tell a loved one goodbye forever.  Taking the blunt back as she talked about not giving up Zakku looked down.  He didn't want to tell her.  He didn't want to be the one to tell her.

Then she asked to one thing he dreaded,  Zakku hesitated.  Mouth opening and closing a couple of times as he tried to find the right words.  Part of his mind was telling him to give her hope but the realistic thinking side of his brain said the opposite.  Hope was good but the truth is better.

"Asahi isn't coming back Arashi."  The words hurt to say but not as much as he imagined it was to hear it.  Each word feeling like razors being dragged out of his throat like a truth that had been hidden in his vocal cords for far too long.  With a loud grunt he forced himself to his shakey feet and wrapped his arms around Arashi holding her tightly.  "It's not your fault.  It's no ones.  The desert is a merciless bitch who doesn't care who it takes."  
last edit by Zakku Burokon on Jun 6, 2022 16:33:13 GMT -5
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 7, 2022 9:33:49 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music
There was a silence as she took in the words as perhaps hearing them from someone else might just be enough to break the spell it seemed to cast upon her. The denial that lingered, the vague hope that there was a chance. It didn't help, but it closed a bit of the hole as she'd feel it slightly chill her to the core. Logic was difficult when it came to love, it didn't concretely solve matters of the heart, only helped to define them and attempt to create a sense of understanding. It wasn't a new concept to Arashi, but this one....this was much harder.

"I...."

Arashi would grow quiet as her chest started to ache and she wanted to scream. To yell, to just...rage. But what good would any of that do? What proof was there otherwise? Closing her eyes, she'd clench her hand closer to her chest, listening as Zakku attempted to explain how it wasn't her fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. The desert was a dangerous place, and it could take anything away without mercy.

Anyone...

Sadly, he wasn't aware of just how many bodies she had buried out there. More than she could count, but only a few that she could think of that came to mind as regrets.

"Yea...you're right..."

As she took it all in, she'd do her best to keep her composure. Though it felt as though she were ready to burst. In the end, she'd release a soft breath, looking toward the sky as turned toward him with a smirk on her face.

"Anyway...why the hell are ya out here? I thought Oetsu was south of here?"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 7, 2022 20:12:32 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku let out a low chuckle as he tipped his head back.  He didn't think anyone would believe his tale.  Especially given he'd left Ayu alone with one of his clones.  "One of my ears in Sekara got a lead I had to follow up on.  I left a clone with Ayu-chan so she could keep going.  She's improved a lot by the way.  She's naturally adjusted to her new limb and slowly she's finding her worth."

Reaching up to his mouth he placed the blunt between his lips and with a small spark he lit it and dropped his arm with a hard thump to the ground as he inhaled.  "Some shit about a cult trying to influence people in Sekara and when I followed the clues I got taken out by this monkey lady and them captured by the cult.  Had to help Monkey woman and her chimp sidekick escape and not without my own injuries."  Motioning to his state he'd exhale a cloud of smoke as his pain seemed to subside just a bit.  Not all of what he said was true but the truest part was about the monkey woman and her chimp sidekick.  "I was on my way back to grab a fresh set of clothes from my apartment and maybe a few supplies before heading back to Oetsu but I heard someone yelling and here we are."  He held the blunt out to Arashi.    
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 8, 2022 16:44:34 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi listened to the story provided by Zakku, her hand taking hold of the blunt was it was passed to her. In taking in some of the contents within, the girl would raise her brow briefly at the final remark, holding the object between her fingers as she then closed her eyes as she calmly handed it back in his direction.

"I don't know what ya talkin about...I mean...a money lady?"

Honestly, the last thing she needed was to be seen in a position was weakness, and considering that she was still somewhat going through it, her ability to push it down was truly a testament to whatever resolve she had managed to hold to for so long. Still, this tale was starting to sound a bit concerning. A cult in Sekara wasn't exactly unheard of, but she had figured that it's new lord would have been better able to maintain things. Perhaps the power balance was still in adjustment, or maybe there was more going on than even he had been able to handle.

"I'll look into it...but it sounds familiar...I recently dealt with a group that was startin to form near one of our fortresses...they were following an old general..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would look to the distance as she'd then begin to make her way forward.

"Be sure to file your report on your training progress while ya here...I gotta check somethin else out..."

Drawing up her hood, she'd proceed to make her way down the slope, summoning forth a sand platform as she began to step up upon it.

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 8, 2022 20:48:52 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Something began to well up in Zakku as the sand Gathered for Arashi.  It felt like Anxiety making him want to move and quickly making him get up with a series of grunts and struggles.  "Wait Arashi."  He let out as he got to his feet.  His back glowed with red hot pain as his quick movements to get up reopened the wound on his back but he paid it little mind.  

"I-I gotta tell you something."  His hands began to shake a bit.  "I-..."  He tried to get the words out but something blocked the words like a blockade made to block supplies.  He tried to get then through but something precented it.  Was it fear?  Anxiety?  Rightful caution?  Ayu's words can rushing into his head as he pulled his words back together.  'are you okay with...well...not tellin her?'  Zakku took a breath an exhaled.  

Tender Feelings
"Arashi.  I love you."  Zakku surprised even himself with the bluntness of his statement but there was something oddly freeing in saying his words.  His cheeks seemed to instantly light up with how fast his blush infiltrated his face.  "I-I've felt this way for a while now and after I had a talk with Ayukawa.  It just wouldn't be right if something happened to us tomorrow and you never knew how I felt.  Sorry if it's a bit soon."  A wait felt like it had been lifted off his shoulders but that did nothing to settle the growing anxiety as he internally braced for any type of impact he might get for his outburst of emotion.
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 11, 2022 8:43:38 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Terrible Truth

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There were moments in which someone could say something and it held a lot of value to the other person. In truth, Zakku had been the one to perhaps draw her from her inner turmoil on more than one occasion and it had more than been the key to her moving passed it. So at the very least, he deserved as much of her time as most.

Though upon hearing just what it was that he had to say, her body would seem to freeze. It wasn't exactly a subject that she had expected to come up, but in his continued explanation as to where it came from, the young female would then stare at him as she took it in.

Of all people, she hadn't thought that Zakku was holding those kind of feelings. It was...more than surprising to say the least. She imagined that if this had been something said at a different point in time, perhaps there had been more to discuss on the matter. Honestly, she imagined that the only reason he was even going this far was because of what he had just experienced.

"Zak..."

Narrowing her eyes with a calm expression, she knew that her saying something now would perhaps decide just where things went from here on in.

With the apology that followed, the shinobi would then cross her arms with a frown as she nodded.

"Yea....way too soon..."

Arashi remained quiet after her, removing herself from the sand platform as she closed her eyes and looked toward the ground.

"Why though? Because I push you to be a better?"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Terrible Truth [Open/Character Arc]Jun 11, 2022 11:14:17 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku couldn't help but wince as the silence grew.   'Smooth move idiot.'  His mind scolded him.  He should have kept quiet.  He should have just waited till later.  Seeing her step off the sand cloud Zakkus green eyes moved up to look at Arashi's closed eyes and felt a lump grow in his throat.  'I screwed up didn't I?'  He braced himself for a hit that was never coming.  

As she asked why he felt the way he did his eye drifted up to the stars the were slowly beginning to make their entrance in the night sky as the sun sank lower.  "I-It's more than just you pushing me to be better.  It's because in this world where everything is changing from the people who show up and then disappear I can rely on one person to always be here.  You."  He crossed his arms watching as something shot across the sky.  Watching all his teammates, senseis, and friends leave Zakku always felt like he was being left alone but Arashi was always there.  She was always in Suna Bar a few 'Vacations' he knew he had at least one friend left.  

"I guess i've always felt this way and recent events just made it more relevant."  Rubbing the back of his head Zakku would look at the ground. 
"Sorry if this is a bit much.  I should have kept quiet."