Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]

compose a reply
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]Apr 27, 2022 19:31:22 GMT -5
Ren
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation
The child smiled and giggled at her words before turning around and running back to the tent her family was hiding in. She went there and whispered something, pointing towards Arashi, and whatever the child said seemed to have put at least her family at ease, as they slowly walked out of their tent. They were still very cautious, but at least no longer terrified.

Once inside the large tent, Arashi would walk down a small hall until she reached a larger room. Cushions on the floor, six in total. Five of them formed a semi-circle, with the elders of that clan sitting there. They were old, far older than most people she would've met. The empty cushion was at the centre, and before she could say anything, the elder at the centre of the semi-circle pointed to the cushion. "Please sit, child." the voice was low, not louder than a whisper, but with how silent the place was, it wasn't hard to hear.

"What brings you here? Why search for the Aiel clan?" the tone was patient, yet curious.
Ren has written 286 posts
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]Apr 27, 2022 19:51:52 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi would find her words put to the sides as she was instructed to take a seat. As she made her way to the center of the hall, her eyes would scan the faces of the elders before her, prompting her to place herself down upon her knees, drawing her hood back to reveal her face before them. The silence seemed to fill the room, until one voice asked just what it was that she was seeking and why she came to the Aiel for it. To which, Arashi would breath out before looking toward them calmly.

"I came seeking answers about the Spirit of the Desert...Shukaku...and I know only one clan that has benefited from their power....the Aiel..."

Closing her eyes, the young female would speak again, allowing her expression to become serious as she spoke.

"Nearly 12 years, your clan asked that the One Tails be brought before you so that you would instruct the vessel in learning the Ways of the desert and that of the Demon Beast...while they did not abide by this then...I come to you now to learn of my volition...I wish to understand Shukaku...I wish to understand my role in being it's vessel...I have been told that I was to be a weapon...a protector...and a shield to my home...and yet...despite my success in my own efforts...I have yet to find...I don't know what I'm lookin for..."

Looking to the side, Arashi would then shake her head before rising back up.

"This is probably a big waste of ya time...I apologize...I shouldn't be lookin to you for answers..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

Fuuinjutsu Savant

Within her youth, Arashi had always been a natural when it came to the art of sealing techniques. Trained under one of it's great masters, her skill and understanding of this nearly forgotten artform only grew and has become more seasoned over time. With this knowledge, the shinobi is capable of identifying the nature and abilities of a seal just by looking at it, mapping out their structure, strength, and abilities based on previous experience and her own studies with the craft. This skill also allows for her own seals to become much stronger in their usage, extend their duration people(1 post), able to modify them to suit a specific situation or to quickly implement them in the field.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]Apr 28, 2022 10:51:12 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
The elders listened to Arashi quietly, not interrupting her at any moment, they seemed rather patient. After sharing her thoughts, the woman did mention she shouldn't be looking for them for answers. Once she was finally done. The elder spoke once again.

"Shukaku, the One Tail, the Desert Spirit... The connection to our Aiel clan is strong and goes back to a primordial time. Our powers, our sand manipulation, comes from our connection to it. You, my dear child, as its host, you are the physical representation of the Desert Spirit, our patron and the one who granted us our blessing. You are his avatar, and as such, you can demand anything you want from us." and as he said that, all the elders placed their hands on the ground and bowed to Arashi.

The bow lasted a few seconds, and then they slowly returned to their sitting position, and the main elder continued.

"Tradition dictates us to continue to offer our blood and life to the Desert Spirit, and we continue to honour that tradition. The reason why I wanted you to be sent our way years ago is because we disagree with the way the village treats out patron. It's a way that foster hatred and conflict within you. You were forced to live in a constant battle with the Spirit, as if you had to compete for control rather than collaborate. As for us, we never sought to understand the spirit, we are beneath that. We have but to honour it. Now you, my dear child, you are one with it. Have you ever stopped to see yourself that way?" the old man asked.
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 2, 2022 8:29:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Primordial?"

While Arashi wasn't a slouch when it came to history, she certainly hadn't taken into account just how old the beast was, nor just how deep it's connections were within Kaze no Kuni. Of course, it added up as it wasn't as though Shukaku had appeared recently, and there was no way to know just how many clans it had come in contact with during the time in which they could freely wander. Still, hearing the rest of what the elder had to say, along with witnessing the display of respect toward herself and Shukaku, made her feel just how heavy this responsibility was. It wasn't the first time, but it certainly was more than disquieting.

In the end, she had no real response, prompting herself to sit back down upon the mat at the center of the hall as the man continued to explain. It seemed that the reason they had wished her to come to their clan was due largely to the way in which the village seemed to treat those that were Shukaku's vessel. Much of which was indeed true from her own experience. While she certainly couldn't say if it were much similar to the first, her own trials with the One Tails had been live or die. Their goal seemed to be to create a collaboration between the vessel and spirit, allowing for a connection. Though they never sought to understand it's nature, they did wish to honor it.

With the question posed on if she ever saw herself as such, perhaps creating a connection with Shukaku, her mind went blank before considering their more than hectic history.

"In a way...I mean..I wouldn't say I've honored him, but we've worked together over the years through partnerships at critical moments..."

Raising her brow, the young female would then blink as she released a breath.

"I have heard such words before though...I just never took it seriously because of Shukaku's own nature within me..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

Fuuinjutsu Savant

Within her youth, Arashi had always been a natural when it came to the art of sealing techniques. Trained under one of it's great masters, her skill and understanding of this nearly forgotten artform only grew and has become more seasoned over time. With this knowledge, the shinobi is capable of identifying the nature and abilities of a seal just by looking at it, mapping out their structure, strength, and abilities based on previous experience and her own studies with the craft. This skill also allows for her own seals to become much stronger in their usage, extend their duration people(1 post), able to modify them to suit a specific situation or to quickly implement them in the field.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 7:30:15 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
A simple nod was given as response to the Primordial, for they felt like that ought no further explanation: the tailed beasts had been around since a time before most shinobi were even remotely organised. Some even claimed they predated the use of chakra itself. Still, history that old was mostly lost, and the Aiel clan saw no purpose in pursuing such ancient knowledge.

When they were done, the woman had a lot to process, and she admitted she collaborated with the Spirit in times of dire need, while also admitting that she never saw Shukaku through their lenses, given her circumstances. The old man sighed deeply and sharply, his eyes saddened, but not disappointed.

"Child... Which kind of partnership can come from dire necessity? Survival, perhaps, but nothing deeper than that. As mentioned before, we are beneath trying to comprehend such a noble and fierce existence such as the Desert Spirit, but you... You are the one person who can stand as its equal. But have you tried seeing it that way? Have you tried true understanding and cooperation. Not only when needed, but when trivial as well. For the Desert Spirit has a mind of its own... And feelings, not different from yourself." the old man added.
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 16:24:54 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"You're kiddin right?"

Arashi would blink as they spoke of such things as treating Shukaku as an equal or perhaps taking his insight and feelings into consideration upon matters that aren't dire. Perhaps there were times in which she did not listen. In fact, there were many such times, and it had nearly gotten them killed. But it was hard to truly trust a being that speak half of her childhood trying to drive her crazy and or destroy her home. If at best, Arashi did attempt to try and learn more about the beast, but it hardly ever resulted in anything of significance.

"Okay...I will openly admit that I don't listen all the time...mostly because I spent half my life trained under the idea that him getting any control was bad...and he did little prove it wrong..."

Gesturing slightly, the young woman would then realize that she was speaking to them on the nature of what was essentially their deity, prompting her to feel redness rise to her face as she then looked to the side.

"Shukaku knows everything about me...even things I don't want to people to know...and I have barely a concept of who they are...aside from them being an ass, a manipulator, my own personal tormentor...and the voice in my head that at times has valid advice and other times will be more than willing to let me die if they can get a chance to watch me suffer! I spent nearly 11 years of my life dealing with their shit!!"

Without realizing it, she was on her feet, pointing at an invisible target, yet her eyes were clearly changed from their hazel hue before reverting back from their new golden tint.

Hmph...imagine that...I don't have to make you appear crazy at all...you do fine on that front...

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Enhanced Smell

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 16:31:38 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
The elders seemed bothered by her words. Some of them gazed away, holding their breathe, some pursed their lips, and the one sitting at the centre just lowered his gaze and subtly shook his head. Disapproval? Yes. But they were being kind about it, and the probably reason why was because, after all, Arashi was the host of their God.

"And that's part of the reason we wanted the Sand to send you our way when you were younger, so we could help you understand and cooperate with the Desert Spirit." the man stated with a heavy, almost bitter tone, which was quickly brushed off. "But there's no use in crying over what is already on the past. Time moves forward only. Now... Have you ever tried to put yourself in his shoes? A magnificent being such as the Desert Spirit, imprisoned in your body. His will reduced to no more than a whisper at the ear of your soul. There's room for resentment and bitterness there." he continued, pausing as he needed to take a breathe; he was very old after all.

"Belligerent approach the village offered you only increased the riff between your souls. Imagine just how much you could achieve, if thrust and cooperation was truly established?" the man added.
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 16:43:24 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Her outburst had done little to disprove Shukaku's point, noting the small gazes and the aversion of stares upon her claim. Of course, it was difficult to come across as sane or even in the right when the person you truly were upset at, or rather who was present, wasn't actually completely in the room. Nor were they exactly completely at fault.

But that was a discussion for another day...and a lot more than she had come here for...

As she sat herself down once more, she'd listen to the elder speak and make points upon which she had known also. Shukaku was a prisoner, locked within her body. His position wasn't exactly great or freeing as his spirit title might have proclaimed. More so than this, he was indeed reduced to nothing more than a tool. One that had been part of the village for centuries now. Considering Bunpaku was the only Jinchuuriki she had even heard of, there was no real way of knowing just how many people had been the vessel of the One Tails.

Aside from him, whom else ever attempted to create a bond with Shukaku?

Who had actually managed to gain their trust?

The village had indeed done much to put the idea in her head that Shukaku being in control in any way was to mean disaster, and her own imprisonment within the tower, the blunt-force training and other tortures had not given any space for her to gain any true understanding of just how similar their positions had been.

She had seen what they could do when they had a common goal, or when at least one of them was at the helm and the other got out of the way. But the things they could do if they actually could come to terms and just trust each other? It did give rise to thought.

"I wouldn't even know where to start..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Enhanced Smell

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 16:50:42 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
A subtle smile appeared in the old man's feature as she seemed to allow herself to be more open to the idea of opening herself to Shukaku. Yes, it was hard asking that of a Jinchuuriki, especially considering how the Hidden Sand Village had always treated the One Tail. There was a lot of resentment and anger, but those feelings can be changed if the individuals involved - humans and Bijuu alike - give themselves a chance.

"Empathy goes a long way, child. But more than anything, give the Desert Spirit something it never had before. Someone who will listen to its woes. You are in a position nobody else is... You are an equal of sorts, unlike us, lowly beings. You are the only person who can become its... Friend." he paused. "But how to achieve that... Well, that's something only you have the tools to find out. And it won't be easy." he added, pausing again because he had the urge to cough.

His health was not at its best, and if anything, Arashi's decision to search for them was timely, because they likely don't have much time left in this world.
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 17:00:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi had spent her entire life learning control. Then the ability to open herself up to others, and finally to trust others. She had not really considered the idea of being able to fully trust Shukaku. After all the time they had spent together, she only saw him as her reluctant counterpart.

What was strange though was the fact that she had received similar advice before...from a woman in Kumogakure many years ago. She hadn't taken her seriously...but this was starting to sound more and more plausible.

What of the other Jinchuuriki she had meant? Kiho seemed to have believed the same possibility...that there had to be some kind of way in which for both individuals to co-exist. She hadn't...but then her experiences had been different and she put such thinking up to inexperience...

Looking toward the elder, she'd bow her head as she held a sheepish grin on her face as she looked back up.

"If I were lookin for easy...I'd lock myself in a kettle...heh...I'm willin to try...all I can do right?"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Enhanced Smell

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 18:32:06 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
When Arashi spoke again, the elder nodded his head. It seemed like she had finally opened her heart to the idea of reaching out to Shukaku, of trying to understand it. This is what the Aiel clan hoped for, so that their deity could have a semblance of a dignified existence.

"Indeed, child. I believe you have now found your answers. Is there anything else we can do for you?"[/be] the man asked. He didn't mean to rush her to leave, but again they felt like there was no further way in which they could assist the woman.
Rebels of the Desert Aiel; Warriors of Sand![C.Arc Pt 1]May 4, 2022 21:29:02 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rebels of the Desert

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

Rising up, the youth would then shake her head as the elder asked if there were more that they could do for her. Honestly, she had a pretty good understanding of where she could start. If it had been a few years ago, maybe there was more that could be said. But in truth, this was indeed a task that only she could accomplish on her own. Which meant, that she needed to make the first steps.

"You've done more than you could ever know...Thank you...all of you..."

Bowing her head respectfully, the young woman would then begin to make her way outside of the tent, looking toward the sky as she then allowed herself a moment to breath.

So her next task was set. If she were to finally have a complete self, or at least something close to an answer to where she fit into everything, her own self-filling answer, it would only come when she and Shukaku came to terms. It meant gaining trust and understanding, which indeed would be a long term endeavor. Of course, she could think of a good place to begin, but it meant that she may have to do something that others might not accept.

This should be a interesting conversation...

With that said, the girl would pull her hood over her head, allowing herself to move once more toward the path in which she had come.

"Now I have to talk with dad..."

-End Thread-

(Thank you Ren! You rock socks! XD )

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

Enhanced Smell

Fuuinjutsu Savant

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS