Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Maboroshi Chikap Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday January 1st rank Chunin occupation Academy Instructor
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","BaseChika"]
[attr="class","forChika"]
[attr="class","chikaText"]Greetings from Arashi,

It’s been a good long while since I’ve written you, sorry about that. I was doing some job training that kept me pretty busy, and then I had to settle into the position you know? How is life by the ocean treating you? As always, I am land locked with only the lakes to enjoy, and it’s been an age since I’ve seen anything resembling a wave.

I’m a teacher now. It’s a nice change of pace and better than my previous post in the office. Still, lots of paperwork, but the rascals help to break up the monotony of the day. What sort of things have you been getting up to since I last heard from you?

Sealed inside the letter is the latest release from Iwaya. It’s been a while since they put anything out and I was a little disappointed by it (spoiler alert). It’s a Tōfu Kozō figurine, it looks like a little kid wearing an overly large conical hat and presenting a large slab of tofu on a plate. It’s kinda funny to look at, and there are some pretty intricate details on the clothing, but it doesn’t really give me the same ‘Wow’ factor when I see something like an Oni on a shelf. Still, it should be quite a collectible for you, I don’t think the toy is doing well here and they might not export it to other countries.

I look forward to hearing from you!

—Kap

[attr="class","footChika"]

Little Tofu Boy Facts. (I'm just hitting random on that site to get yokai for this).

[newclass=.BaseChika]width:500px;min-height:200px;margin:auto;background-color:#565676;font-family:Muli; font-size:14px;padding: 20px;border: 5px solid #bfbfcf;[/newclass]
[newclass=.forChika]min-height:200px;background-color:white;margin:auto;background-color: #fbf9f9;box-shadow:0px 0px 12px 7px #676784;[/newclass]
[newclass=.chikaText]padding:20px 20px 0px 20px;line-height:30px;text-indent: 50px;width: 55ch;text-shadow:0px 0px #9ea191[/newclass]
[newclass=.footChika]font-size:11px;text-align:right;margin:right;border-top:1px solid grey;margin-top:4px;padding: 5px 6px 0px 0px;background: url(https://media0.giphy.com/media/XHSvNzzHUmTmvE5Yu8/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95…&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s) no-repeat;background-size: 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.footChika a]font-size:10px;color:#a59e9e;padding:3px;[/newclass]
last edit by Maboroshi Chikap on Apr 21, 2022 17:44:44 GMT -5
Sharp has written 73 posts
Limited Edition [Tact]May 3, 2022 4:50:07 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

I COULD EAT THE WORLD RAW
Good morning from Mizu!

Kap, I was so excited to get your letter! I was getting a little worried, to be honest, and I meant to write you earlier, but—well, things have been pretty busy for me too. So let’s call it even, yeah?

Are you teaching at the academy? Kids are intense, I hope they don’t give you too much trouble. I helped a couple of students learn the rope escape technique the other day, and it was… a lot. I don’t think teaching is in my future, haha. Is teaching very different from what you were doing before? Do you like it?

I don’t remember if I told you, but I’m working directly with the Mizukage now! I got placed on his protective detail. It’s been… about six months, I guess? It’s been pretty busy, especially with the chuunin exams. The whole thing was crazy, there were so many people. I was hoping to see you there, but it makes sense that you couldn’t make it, since you’re a sensei now! The Amegakure genin did really well—Hase Hoshi put on a really good show, and Kirigara Sugita is something else with that big sword of his.

Thank you so much for the figurine. I showed it to my mom, and she hates its little face and toenails, but I think it’s actually one of my favorites so far—the folds on the kimono are amazing, and after looking at it more closely I realized it has tiny sharp teeth! It’s awesome!

Getting your letter actually reminded me to go check out that one collectibles shop, since I haven’t had time to go over there in a while. No Oni, which was kind of a letdown, but I did find this kind of old-looking Rokuro Kubi that I thought you might be interested in. It’s not as detailed or colorful as some of the newer models, but the length on the neck is pretty impressive, and the shop owner told me that in some stories the Tōfu Kozō is said to be the offspring of the Rokuro Kubi! I thought that was a pretty neat coincidence, and wanted to seal it and send it your way.

I’ll keep looking for that Oni, though!

— Daichi
LAIKA OF THQ

last edit by yamaguchi daichi on May 3, 2022 4:50:28 GMT -5
tactician has written 260 posts
Limited Edition [Tact]May 4, 2022 0:37:54 GMT -5
Maboroshi Chikap
Maboroshi Chikap Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","chikaText"]

Daichi,

Wow, moving up in the world aren’t you? If I recall correctly the Mizukage is Lady Kaguya Minako, is that right? I think I saw her get into some sort of scuffle in the chunin exam a few years ago, but I thought it would be best to mind my own business- haha.
Yes, the academy. I just started a few months ago and I am still getting used to it, but things are going pretty well. Sometimes I have to act bossy, which is new for me, but if I don’t things can quickly spiral into chaos. Which normally I wouldn’t mind, but I am sure they’d send me back to my boring desk job if I let these children eat each other alive. There are a variety of needs. Some kids need lessons on basic grammar, and then others need to know how to use the sharp end of a kunai.

The bent neck lady you sent me is discontinued here! I really like how they made her neck out of bendable material. I am not a stickler about keeping things in the box, but I am worried if I mess with it too much it might break, so I think I’m just going to keep her in a nice display in my room.

I didn’t notice the teeth on the tofu boy, but looking at my own now I do see them. It was a neat detail to learn the two of them went together, so I am going to keep my pair in the same display.

There wasn’t anything new out yet to send you, so I sent you some gyokuro tea leaves instead. If my sources are right it isn’t commonly available in your area, and it is one of my favorites. I hope you will enjoy it.

—Kap

[attr="class","footChika"]

Notes go here.

[newclass=.BaseChika]width:500px;min-height:200px;margin:auto;background-color:#565676;font-family:Muli; font-size:14px;padding: 20px;border: 5px solid #bfbfcf;[/newclass]
[newclass=.forChika]min-height:200px;background-color:white;margin:auto;background-color: #fbf9f9;box-shadow:0px 0px 12px 7px #676784;[/newclass]
[newclass=.chikaText]padding:20px 20px 0px 20px;line-height:30px;text-indent: 50px;width: 55ch;text-shadow:0px 0px #9ea191[/newclass]
[newclass=.footChika]font-size:11px;text-align:right;margin:right;border-top:1px solid grey;margin-top:4px;padding: 5px 6px 0px 0px;background: url(https://media0.giphy.com/media/XHSvNzzHUmTmvE5Yu8/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95…&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s) no-repeat;background-size: 50px;[/newclass]
Limited Edition [Tact]Jun 13, 2022 0:27:38 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

Dear Kap,

That’s… a bit of a hornet’s nest! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you haven’t heard, since you’ve been so busy, but it’s still so weird—Lady Kaguya ran off. Just up and left, I have no idea why. Her son, Lord Daimyo Kaguya Toru, is the Hachidaime Mizukage, has been for a while. Over a year now, which feels pretty crazy now that I’ve written it down. I can’t believe it’s been that long.

He’s really good, Kap. I dunno if being his bodyguard really means moving up in the world since I’m still just a chuunin, haha, but it feels good to work with him. Like I have a real purpose, you know?

Running a classroom sounds like hard work! So many of the academy kids here are so rowdy—I’d ask if they behave at least a little better in Amegakure, but it sounds like you have your hands full. Isn’t there a genjutsu technique to make you sound louder? Maybe that could help you be even bossier. Kids won’t be eating each other alive if they can hear you from across the village!

Thank you so much for the tea—the Mizukage drinks it constantly, and I think he’ll enjoy trying something new, so I’m going to wait to try it until I can share it with him. (And let him know it came from you! Is that flexing my ~status~ too much?)

I checked the shop again, still no Oni, but I thought you might like to try a local speciality: kirin mitsu! The mango flavor is my favorite, but I also included the muddled orange and nashi flavors. Mostly I just like to collect the bottles—different merchants will do different labels, and some of them are really cute!

— Daichi

(P.S. — Have you ever fought a jounin? Even if it was just a spar. Just curious, it’s been on my mind lately—if you did, how did it go?)

LAIKA OF THQ

Limited Edition [Tact]Jul 1, 2022 0:40:23 GMT -5
Maboroshi Chikap
Maboroshi Chikap Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","chikaText"]

Dear Daichi,

A genjutsu technique to make you louder sounds very cool, I might have to ask one of my clan elders about it. I’m about to go on a trip with him, so it would be a good time to ask a really good genjutsu user about the tricks. I personally don’t know a lick of genjutsu, although I’d like to think I wouldn’t have too hard a time with it if I put my mind to it.

I feel dumb for not knowing that you’ve got a new kage. I should have known that, but I must have been slacking off when it was announced or really busy with training. It is still really cool you get to work in the office with the kage. Kids are really fun to work with though, most of the time, so I’m happy.

As far as fighting a jounin goes… Yes, actually. When I was a genin I got sent to Iwa during its war. There were a lot of shinobi of all sorts of ranks around, but I know the one that shot me in the knee was a jounin, or that’s what my team leader said anyways. I was lucky, mostly because I wasn’t the actual target and jumped in front of someone.

This mango drink is awesome, I took a sip of the others and I’m inclined to agree with you. I included the most recent figurine to come out in the seal on the letter, "Otobō namazu”. I don’t really get it. It just looks like a fish inside of a basket. I have a feeling that it won’t make international release though, so it will be super rare!

Have you ever traveled to another village before?

Best Wishes,
—Kap

last edit by Maboroshi Chikap on Jul 1, 2022 0:42:50 GMT -5
Limited Edition [Tact]Jul 27, 2022 6:37:00 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Hey Kap,

Sorry for the wait—I think your last letter came in while I was out on a mission, and things got a little messy. I’ve been back for a while, but my arm got busted up pretty badly and it took a bit before I could write again.

Sorry for the extra weird information?? I wasn’t trying to leave you hanging, that’s all.

Don’t feel dumb!! It was a big deal around here for obvious reasons when it happened, but I have no idea if it’s international news or anything like that. I’m not sure if I would know if Sunagakure suddenly had a new Kage or something, you know? Information like that travels kind of weirdly, I think.

Amegakure shinobi fought in Iwagakure’s civil war? I think I was still in the academy while all that was going on. I was… ten, maybe? Eleven? That was six years ago, right? I can’t believe you were at war already. Is your knee okay now? Were you able to make a full recovery?

Thanks for the namazu! He’s really cute, I like his little whiskers. When I’m able to head out again I’ll take another poke around that shop and see what I can find. I have been thinking, though, is this… weird? Am I getting too old to be collecting things like this? Shouldn’t we be focusing more on, like… shinobi stuff? Careers? It’s fun, I like it a lot, but I don’t know. I feel like maybe it’s too much of a distraction. Kid stuff, you know?

I’ve been to Yukigakure a couple of times, for my chuunin exams and for some missions, but otherwise I haven’t traveled much yet. I go where Mizukage goes, and lately all his business has been within the country. I’d like to go to Amegakure someday, but it probably won’t happen unless Mizukage has to go, or I get assigned on a mission there.

Have you gone anywhere other than Iwagakure? Did you ever see Iwa outside of war?

— Daichi

LAIKA OF THQ