A promise is a promise

compose a reply
A promise is a promiseJul 25, 2022 21:24:02 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Jou didn't fully realize how big of an emphasis the Okadas had on family. With them being a clan, it should've already made sense to the young Himishi, but he honestly assumed that they were more focused on their business and teachings... But then again, it seems like the importance of family is a large part of said teachings. From the short time Jou has been here, the young genin could already feel how close the folks here are, including those who weren't Okada. "Family should be a big part of any clan's culture." Jou nodded a bit.

This also reminded him of a certain kunoichi he had met during his trip to Yukigakure. He had the pleasure of getting to know her and a little about her clan. It was a short stay, but...putting certain moments aside, Jou was able to tell how close that kunoichi was to her parents and how passionate she was about her kin. The bonds that the Himishi shared...didn't seem as strong...at least from Jou's experience. This made him think about his own clan now...and how he felt that they were lacking in this department. There were times where Jou truly wasn't sure if he fit in with his own family...or to be exact, he's still not sure.

Before Jou could take another bite, Taki's next words prompted a little surprised reaction out of the white-haired genin. Did she really mean that? He looked at her, then at some of the other folks around the area. Whether Taki was aware of it or not, this was something Jou needed to hear.

Jou then listened to Taki once more, his eyes shifting back towards her. "Coicu...Oh!" He didn't quite catch she meant circus until she finished. "I wasn't aware of this. It does explain how you all learnt such fascinating techniques." He said, placing a few of his fingers under his chin in pondering...unaware of the grease he left behind. Jou couldn't possibly see why others would look down on the Okadas. When Taki mentioned how others see them as clowns, Jou was briefly reminded of Haruka's own feelings towards them. Jou didn't believe the Okadas deserved this, seeing them as just as important as the Himishi and the rest of the clans of Iwagakure.

Jou's small smile returned though. "If you ask me...I believe your family is proud of you Taki-san...from what I've seen. Despite the discrimination, your pride in the clan is unwavering. I-It's inspiring, y'know." He claimed, rubbing the back of his head. This did give Jou some more mixed feelings about the Himishi though...making him briefly wonder just how strong his pride was for his kin....but this was something he pushed to the back of his mind for now.

With that, Jou nodded as he was prepared to meet this last person.

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
A promise is a promiseJul 30, 2022 13:40:20 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

As the girl would hear the boy make his statement about how family should be a big part of a families culture. "Xactly.” she’d say as she took a bite of her meat he seemed to be a bit surprised that the Okada were a circus at one point before being the sports entertainment powerhouse that they’ve become today. "Yeah you ain’t know dat…it was a big part o who were for a while.” after that the girl would take the last bite of her meat before standing up and dusting the crumbs off onto the floor as she moved away.

"C’mon…it’s time to go meet the big guy.” As they made their way back towards the compound they’d head towards the largest building in the area that waived the orange and white Okada flag proudly along it’s mast.

Upon entering inside the building itself seemed to be rather bustling with people coming in and out people wearing rather professional looking clothing and a large flight of stairs that seemed to split apart towards two corridors this was the Okada HQ where most if not all of the business operations of the Okada took place. "Welcome to the HQ, ya ready to meet that boss?” the girl would say with a smile as she led him through the building.

Upon heading up the stairs he’d notice how pristine and regal the building looked but was still rather homely and down to earth at the center of the stair case right within ones line of sight is a massive black metal sculpture of the Okada logo with the words the show must go on, engraves around the ring. After heading up the stairs and heading down the hallways a series of meeting rooms could be seen where countless conversations seemed to be taking place.

At the very end of the room there was a large window that overlooked the remainder of the compound and a chair turned backwards. "You could’ve told me you were coming my love, but I think I know why you’re here.” there he stood Kodi Okada the father of Professional Wrestling golden age known as "The Hammer.” to his fans and also to his family. He built the Okada into what they were today and also is a strong pillar who has hammered his way into the hearts of his family.

"Joey…meet my dear old Dad, Kodi Okada, I’m sure you've hoid of em.” Kodi sat at his desk a large imposing frame rather intimidating for a man who was in his 50’s one might think he himself was also a shinobi given his size and presence. "So Jou, I trust Taki has done a good job showing what it’s going to be like to be apart of our organization. Tell how’re you liking it so far? Give me your honest answer.”

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

481 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Jul 30, 2022 13:40:52 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
A promise is a promiseSept 11, 2022 21:53:19 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
To think that the Okada's roots would date back to being circus folk...it was certainly something Jou wasn't expecting, not that it bothered him. In fact, it sort of explained a few things to him. "I guess this explains why you guys are so skilled at entertainment." Jou said, chuckling softly at the idea. Then after finishing his chicken, Jou would neatly place the bones down and look off to the side with a hint of wonder on his face. "No matter how much people change, we're never too far from our roots." he added with his hands clasped together on the table...his wondering smile subtly weakening. The words Jou was uttering weren't exactly having a positive effect on him due to his own reasons...

But before Jou could get too melancholy, Taki said something about meeting the 'big guy', causing Jou to turn his attention back to the Okada and blink. "Big gu-" Jou was about to question Taki until a thought hit him. "W-Wait...you don't mean..." Jou stopped himself and unclasped his hands. He was trying to keep himself from sound too excited...but he was finding it rather difficult. Surely Taki wasn't talking about who Jou was thinking about...yeah?

"R-Right..." Trying to temper his expectations, Jou got up and began to follow the blonde...though his subtle hints of excitement and curiosity were slowly but surely becoming...not so subtle.

Jou followed Taki to a large building...probably even the largest in the compound. Jou still found himself being amazed by this place. Heading in, there was certainly a lot of traffic going on with folks heading in and out of this building. Even before Taki's announcement, Jou was already putting it together that this was the clan's main building, gathering this guest from his surroundings.

"D-Definitely." Jou answered,but as Taki started leading the way again, Jou did not follow right away, but stood there for a few seconds to make sure that his hair wasn't a mess, patting it before jogging up to catch up to Taki.

To think the place couldn't look any more busy, the moment the two went up the stairs, Jou took notice of the countless areas where obvious meetings and such were being held...but then his eyes started to focus on the end of the hall. As the two approached, Jou's heart started to race. He couldn't see him just yet...but Jou could feel it...and knew it was him!

The moment the chair turned around...Jou's suspicions were correct, and he was left with his mouth open. "I-It's..." Jou muttered under his breath just as everyone else talked. "Y-You.'re...I-I can't believe it..." Jou was now pointing at the towering man. "Th-Th-The Hammer...I-It's you..." Jou found himself standing before one of the 'forefather's' of wrestling!

"U-Uh yes. Taki is d-doing an excellent job...s-sir." Jou claimed...but not without his voice cracking a bit at the last part, causing him to look a little flustered as he looked away. He then cleared his throat in an attempt to regain himself and give a proper answer. "I-It's...It's a lot..." Jou said before shaking his head. "Not that it's a bad thing! I just...honestly didn't know what to expect before first coming here." With his hand gripping the side of his other arm, Jou then shifted his eyes towards the large window, focusing on what he could see of the compound. "The passion here runs deep and you guys are so welcoming." Jou's attention went to Taki before shifting back to her father. "I'm deeply honored not only to be in the presence of two amazing people...but to be a part of this fami-wh-I mean, community." Jou quickly hesitated. It wasn't as if he were actually joining the family or anything. Now Jou was starting to worry that he may have been sounding a little too bold and presumptuous...

A promise is a promiseSept 11, 2022 22:29:44 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

As the boy seemingly stammered in his presence, Kodi found it to be rather amusing; he was used to the response but welcomed it. He enjoyed seeing his fans even if they happened to work for him he'd let out a laugh. "I most certainly am...but I haven't been the hammer for some time now." he'd say rather modestly his acumen may have waned but his physique would betray such a thought the man looked strong as an ox.

As he answered his question about his daughter the man's cheeks would wrinkle as he smiled."Well I’m glad to hear it son, I’m sure you’ll make a fine addition to the organization.” he’d say, extending out his hand for a shake, firm and strong. "I’m certain that Taki made an excellent call in bringing you aboard, I expect great things from you.” Taki would look over at her dad and then back towards Jou feeling flattered that he was delighted in his decision, as she did this however Kodi would note how welcoming the Okada were. "Well I like to leave as good of an impression as I do on my fans on my employee's, You're part of the Okada family and we couldn’t be happier to have you." The Okada had come from a far away land and were welcomed by the people of Iwa and did the same to instill that back unto them.

"But, I’m sure the two of you however have a lot more work to take care of so let me not bore you.” As he finished Taki would give her father a kiss on the cheek before walking towards Jou. "C’mon Joey…let’s get going.” with that the two would make their way down the hallway and into the main lobby, the sun shined into the room as they stood amongst the others.

"So…I hope ya enjoyed it, I’m looking forward to seeing what you can do Joey.” with that the girl would remove a small notebook from out of her jacket pocket. "I almost forgot…” she’d pass it over too him it was a replica of the notebook that Taki had torn up at the chunin exams however inside he’d find a surprise the notebooks front page was autographed by the entirety of the OWA roster including the hammer himself. "A promise is a promise…” Taki had regretted how she treated him and had hoped that this gesture made up for it.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

309 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Sept 11, 2022 22:33:47 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
A promise is a promiseSept 27, 2022 13:29:29 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou still couldn't believe what was happening right now. Regardless of if he still is or not, the person in front of him now, towering over the young Himishi, was the freaking Hammer! Not only that, but he had his hand extended out towards Jou, which he did not register at first. Jou was staring at the hand like some starstruck idiot for a few seconds before finally getting himself together. He then held his hand out and shook Kodi's own, all with a sheepish yet proud smile on his face. Jou made sure that his grip was firm, but he doubted it'd be anything in comparison to Kodi's. Hell, Kodi could be crushing Jou's hand right now and the teen wouldn't give a damn...not when it's The Hammer who's the one doing it!

Kodi started speaking about wanting to leave a good impression and such, which Jou had no doubts about whatsoever. But what really struck something in Jou,...was how Kodi claimed that he was part of the Okada Family now. Jou looked a little stunned at first, not at all expecting to hear that. "M-Me?" He then looked down a bit, and glanced away with a small smile. To be accepted into a family such as this? Jou felt a pleasant feeling inside from hearing those words. But then that smile of his subtly lessened as a certain sense of uncertainty formed inside of him as well. He couldn't help but think about his real family and the rest of the Himishi clan. Despite his strained relationship with his parents and how lacking he felt compared to much more skilled Himishi, a small part of Jou felt like he was betraying his clan by doing something like this. A silly thought...but Jou couldn't help but question this...even just a little.

Still, like most things that trouble him, Jou buried these feelings deep down for now...and unhealthy practice, but something that Jou wasn't a stranger to...

Jou looked over at Taki as he built that small smile back up before looking over at Kodi one more time. "It was truly an honor to meet you, Hammer-sama. I won't let you down!" Jou bowed before following Taki.

"This experience was more than I could ever dream of. Thank y-" Before Jou could finish, he stopped as Taki fished around for something in her jacket. "H-huh? That's..." A notebook. It looked just like the one Jou previously owned...but it was filled with many familiar signatures on the front page. Jou looked at it warmly once he was given it, his smile widening a bit more. "Taki this...thank you." he said, his tone rather soft. "I should be heading back now...thank you again." Jou added and as he turn to leave, Jou looked at the notebook one more time and prepared to place it in his jacket...but just as he did, he noticed that there was a notebook already there.

It was the notebook that Haruka gave him...funnily enough to replace the one Taki ripped up. This was also given to Jou on the same day he and Haruka had their falling out. Jou paused, staring at that notebook. More pain started to form inside of Jou, and he bit his lower lip a bit in response. Still, he questioned what he was doing...but still, he pushed these feelings deep down instead of confronting them.
Jou then glanced back at Taki, but instead of a pained expression...he smiled...then grinned before giving her a thumbs up. "I promise I'll make you guys proud." Jou claimed with a surprising amount of confidence...but was it just a mask for his true feelings?

With that and if he wasn't stopped, Jou would turn back around to take his leave...his grin regressing to a smile...then into a frown.