A promise is a promiseApr 23, 2022 19:08:10 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

With the exams now over Taki had a few days to herself before heading off to get her training done. Since returning the girl had become a bit more hands-on with clan duties wanting to prove to her parents that she was ready to take over the clan’s business operations when she came of age. First things first thought making good on a promise, the girl had made a vow to Jou that she would show him around the compound after the exams were over. And after what she did she was going to do her damndest to make good on that promise with maybe a little something extra along the way.

And so the girl had gotten up bright and early that day and made her way into the Himishi compound and headed towards the home of one Himishi Jou with a notebook in hand nice and shiny and sporting the Okada colors it was a commemorative autograph book one that you’d only get for getting front row tickets at their last special event, even though she’d more than made up for it she felt she owed it to him to apologize by gifting it too him. She loved her fans and disappointing him hit hard.

As she knocked on the door and waited for him to answer she’d take some time to look around the place and get a feel for the compound, something about this place seemed a bit different from her compound; they definitely don’t put themselves on display as much and it didn’t feel as homey as her clans compound and was vastly larger, more than likely due to the number of people they needed to actually accommodate. It made her wonder just how different all of these clans were.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

295 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
A promise is a promiseApr 26, 2022 12:41:32 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
After a minute or two, the door Taki stood in front of open, and behind it was a young woman wearing an attire that is often worn by maids. She had a professional and elegant demeanor as she looked at Taki. "Yes, how may I help you?" she asked formally.

Formally, the door was opened wide enough for a certain Young Himishi to see who it was when he was just so happening to walk by. "H-Huh?" Jou stopped and looked at the entrance before making his way over. "Bakuda-I mean, Taki-san?" Jou was now standing next to the woman who then looked over at him with a hint of curiosity. Is this a friend of yours, Jou-sama?" she asked, a light smile forming on the woman's face. "I-I uh...I do-don't...ummm..." Jou then glanced over at Taki. Were they friends? There's the whole endorsement thing...but Jou felt that it would've been pretty bold and presumptuous of him to declare her a friend. It would pretty much be him befriending a celebrity...which he didn't feel cut out for at all.

"S-So um, what brings you here...T-Taki-san?" Jou asked, trying to change the subject. He imagines that it has something to do with his endorsement, but it would be better to hear what she has to say first before jumping to conclusions. Jou also took notice of the notebook but didn't say anything about it. It was most likely Taki's which would make sense....he also couldn't deny how cool it looks.

But while this happened....

"Oh? What's going on here?"

Jou immediately glanced past Taki while the maid next to him went into a formal bow. From how it looks in this angle, it would almost look as if the maid were bowing to Taki...but it was at the person, or rather a duo that showed up behind her.

The one who spoke was a middle-aged woman with long white hair and black eyes, holding a domineering demeanor mixed in with her curiosity of the blonde. The one next to her was a middle-aged man with short white hair and crimson eyes that matched Jou's...except they looked more stern and unapproachable. Behind them appeared to be a male servant, holding luggage that mostly belonged to the woman. "A..peculiar-looking visitor." the woman added, not looking too amused as she looked at the blonde up and down. Meanwhile, the male's eyes darted over to Jou, not uttering a word, but his expression speaking volumes of wanting an explanation.

This was the last thing Jou wanted to deal with now...

"O-Oh, Mother...Father. This i-is...Okada Taki." Jou claimed, not taking his eyes off of his parents. "Remember when I-I told you about the...e-endorse..." Before Jou could finish, his father was already making his way past Taki and the door without giving so much as a passing glance to Jou, while also gesturing the other servant to come in side. "...ment..." Jou finished, his tone trailing as he watched his father walk by.

"Right, right...Wrestling..." Jou's mother on the other hand responded...not even trying to hide how little she cared. She looked at Jou who didn't even make eye contact in return before turning her attention to Taki with a bit of a smirk. "Would you like to come in, Taki?" he tone was almost welcoming, but Jou quickly looked over in protest. "M-Mother, I don't think she came here for a visi-" Jou's mother then crouched down to her son, placing a hand on his chin which quickly caused him to stop talking. "Oh I'm sure whatever her reasoning is, I won't take too much of her time. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't offer any sort of hospitality to my...only child's friends." she claimed before kissing Jou on the forehead which did not at all put the young Himishi at ease.

"So...Okada..." She then stood up, placing a hand on her hips. "Do come in, please. Care for any snacks?"

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
A promise is a promiseApr 26, 2022 17:20:31 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

"Am I at the right spot?” the girl would wonder looking around at the compound as a whole, but after a moment the door would open and she’d be greeted by a woman. Jou had a maid? Just how loaded was he? She would proceed to ask if she and Jou were friends to which Taki would reply by puffing out her jacket and giving a charming smile.

"Yeah…I guess you could say that…think of me as his manager.” she’d say winking too him. From there the woman would bow and Taki would look to it. "Hey, if dats how treat awl of ya guests den…huh?” she’d hear a voice from behind and look over seeing a rather intimidating figure before her. "Ohh…nice to meetcha.” however he wouldn’t stay long Taki would timidly look back over towards Jou and saw how meek he acted only for his father to walk right past.

"Well he seems chummy…” the girl would think as she watched him walk by only for his mother to speak with him and walk right past seemingly taking an interest in her but having a rather dismissive tone when mentioning her sport. "Well obviously ain’t a fan.” she could tell his mother and father might be hard people to win over, and while it really didn’t matter it was always good to make a good impression.

She felt a bit uneasy and could smell the bullshit from a mile away but agreed. "Yeah sure…I gotta tawlk business with Joey ere but yeah I got time.” She’d head inside and would pull apart the straps of her boots setting them by the door before walking onto the floors.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

279 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Apr 26, 2022 17:20:53 GMT -5
A promise is a promiseMay 2, 2022 12:02:15 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou opened his mouth a bit, looking as if he wanted to say something against Taki being invited in, but the moment the Okada agreed, Jou simply didn't try and continued to look at the ground. "Splendid!" Jou's mother would say before allowing Taki to go in before her. The woman quickly took notice of Taki removing her boots, causing her to smirk a bit. "I guess even a dog can learn basic etiquette." she muttered, though Jou was at least able to overhear this...most likely because his mother wanted him to. Jou glanced up at his mother but ended up not saying anything and just walked right in.

The area they would find themselves in would be a rather spacious, fancy-looking, and well-kept living room. Although many of the furniture, and decorations could possibly be eye-catchers, there was a particular item that stood out. Above an unlit fireplace was a formal family photo. In the photo were Jou's parents who both appeared...happy. In front of them was Jou who was a few years younger...but there was also a fourth within this picture as well. It was a girl who appeared to be around the same age Jou is now with well-kept white hair and sharp red eyes. Her appearance had a mix of elegance, strength, and warmth, especially with how she appeared to be lovingly hugging her younger brother.

Mrs. Himishi then sat on one of the couches, before making a gesture at the couch facing the opposite side. "Come, take a seat, dear. Excuse my husband's attitude, he must have gone up to his studies." she would say, but it didn't really matter to the woman if Taki sat down or not. Jou continued to stand though, remaining a bit close to the door. Around this time, the maid would arrive from the kitchen with a silver plate holding three glasses of ice water. She brought one to Taki first before going to Mrs. Himishi then Jou. Jou hesitantly took his glass, still worried about this, which the maid took note of, frowning slightly in concern.

With the glass in her hand, Mrs. Himishi at first looked up at the family portrait, her expression lessening, but after a few seconds, she broke her silence before folding a leg over the other. "Okada Taki..." She then looked over at Taki. "Wrestling...I dare say, you Okada come up with the most outlandish of activities. she giggled, her comment showing just how little she knew or even cared about wrestling.

"Besides...wrestling, what other activities are you involved with...that are actually worth mentioning?" Jou flinched a bit as he heard the last part of that question. "Mother..." he muttered. "Please forgive me if I'm coming off a tad nosey....But I wouldn't want my son wasting his time." "Mother..." "Jou is already performing below average as it stands....and that's putting it mildly, I'm afraid." she scoffed a bit. "Mother..." he continued to mutter to no avail. Mrs. Himishi's tone remained formal, careless...and leaking with venom.

"The last thing he needs is to be dragged further down by your backwatered kin-" "Mother!" Jou finally exclaimed a little...causing the woman to glance over at Jou. He made eye contact with his mother for a split second...but Jou found himself instantly feeling small just from those eyes alone. P-Please....We need to go....R-Right, Taki...?" he rubbed the side of his arm, looking shyly over at the Okada.

A promise is a promiseMay 3, 2022 22:35:30 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl took her boots off she’d notice the girl mutter something under her breath, and Taki would sneer just a bit. "Of course…” the girl would think to herself. As the girl came inside she’d be asked if she wanted to take a seat. "Nah I’m good wit standin’” the girl would say still remaining relatively polite. After a moment a maid would arrive and offer a glass of water, which she declined.

"No thanks.” she’d say. The woman would then state that her clan came up with the most outlandish activities. "Hey makes us about a good couple hundred thousand a year, I might be a dog but I got a pretty nice collar.” the girl would say with a smile somewhat snide but nothing that would denote her trying to be a smart alec just stating a fact. Afterwards she’d make another backhanded comment about her not doing anything of note.

"Ya know…I came here for your kid…not you…so while I appreciate the compliments, I think I’m just gonna take Joey ere and take off, you have yourself a nice day.” the girl was seemingly unphased by her words. Taki dealt with people like this all the time and had built something of an immunity to it.

Normally she had a more violent way of handling these things, but learned from her family that protecting the business meant protecting it’s image and giving someone a beating wasn’t always the best idea…especially not in their own home so Taki choose to simply have the last laugh and walk away, but as she made her way out the door, Taki would placing her arm around her son and heading out.

"And since you don’t seem to care about about Joey ere…you won’t mind bein banned from the Arena, but don't worry the Okada will take good care of him.” she’d say really wanting to rile his mother up. With one last snide shit eating grin, she would head out of the Himishi compound with Jou by her side.

"Sheesh man you live in dat house…?” she’d say looking back at the place. "And here I thought you were da nice one…but she is a real bitch…sorry but like who tawlks to dere kid like dat?” the girl would laugh, but after a minute she’d let up, hoping it didn’t get a bit awkward from saying how she really felt. "I guess I shouldn’t say dat as the future owner of the Okada Zaibaitzu.” she'd say somewhat thoughtfully.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

420 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on May 3, 2022 22:37:21 GMT -5
A promise is a promiseMay 9, 2022 16:05:54 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Mrs. Himishi only gave Taki a thoughtful "Hmm." at her comment about how much wrestling makes, sipping her water as she listened. She didn't so much as bat an eye when the dog comment was brought up, showing how little she cared about her muttered words being heard. Jou just looked really concerned about all of this, feeling small and powerless. All he could do was look away at the two as they gave their exchanges. The servant stood close by Jou, awaiting any more orders...but while she did, the servant glanced down at Jou, a small frown forming on her face, feeling concerned for the teen.

The moment Taki started to talk back at his mom, Jou quickly looked up in surprise, the servant doing the same as well. This was the last thing Jou wanted. Things were already a disaster...but now it was getting worse! Why couldn't they have just left without uttering a word?

Jou's mother on the other hand just looked at Taki, again taking a sip of her drink with a careless expression written on her face. Jou's eyes were on his mother this whole time now. Mrs. Himishi may look calm and carefree at this moment, but Jou knew his mother well enough to know how she was feeling on the inside after hearing this...and it only made him want to leave more. Even with Taki's arm around his shoulders, Jou kept his concerned and guilty eyes on his mother as the two started to leave. The mother's eyes darted immediately to Jou as Taki continued speaking...and Jou couldn't look away this time, feeling as if her fierce yet calm gaze was forcing him to keep eye contact.

After a few seconds, Mrs. Himishi would close her eyes and sigh lightly. "Do as you wish, my dear." she said in a neutral tone as she made a shooing motion with her free hand, her response not only being towards Taki...but Jou as well. With that, Jou left with Taki...but not without giving his mother one more look...seeing her now looking up at that family portrait, her expression hard to read.

Once the two were gone, Mrs. Himishi would shake her head a bit. "She should've prioritized saving herself instead of him..." she said, referring to her late daughter and Jou. "He's almost like a parasite that boy...leeching off of and killing our success." Mrs. Himishi said with clearly no care before taking another sip. Meanwhile, the servant glared daggers at the woman after what she just heard....but walked away to attend to other chores. "You're not a parasite at all...Master Jou." the servant said under her breath. "You're going to grow into an outstanding shinobi..." she smiled a bit at the thought...hoping that Jou will start thinking this way as well.

Meanwhile outside, Jou was looking at the ground once again as he walked with Taki, only partially registering what she was saying. It was almost like he was in a daze, thinking too much about what happened back there. "Sh-She's just...looking out for m-my well-being...is all..." Jou claimed...but who was he really trying to convince with that? It took him a second to process this, but the moment he did, Jou looked over at Taki. "W-Wait, you mean y-you're going to be...taking over?" There was still a hint of him being upset, but Jou's tone mostly shifted to a much more surprised one after hearing this.

A promise is a promiseMay 14, 2022 12:40:59 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two left Jou seemed a bit preoccupied with everything that was going in the house, she doesn’t blame him family affairs are always hard and Taki hated seeing families fight. But that seemed like a whole can of worms she couldn’t even begin to unpack. "Riiight…” the girl would say not believe his assertion for a second. As their conversation continued he would then look to Taki with a degree of astonishment stating that she was going to take over in disbelief.

"Well yeah, ya see Joey…de Okada clan ain’t really a shinobi clan we got shinobi in it but we run it like a business the girl would go on to explain in a bit more further detail, raising a hand in the air as she began her explanation. "Ya see the head honcho is a civilian my dad and when he dies the business and subsequently da clan gets passed on ta me.” she’d explain, the Okada were certainly a different breed.

"But if I’m bein honest, as much as I'm excited to be the boss I still got too much woik as a shinobi left to do. but my dad says if I can run into battle, then I can run a company." the girl would recall the intensity in her dad's eyes when he made that declaration shortly after she returned from the exams. "So we struck a deal, I train for three weeks at a time and then I set aside one week a month to come home and help out.” the girl seemed a bit conflicted by it all having to try and juggling potentially running a clan with also working to try and find her uncle on top of training her apprentice. "It's been an adjusment but hey, I'm Taki Bakudan Okada, I can do anythin!" she'd say putting that famous Okadan bravado on display, she'd then give Jou a bit of a sly look.

"And with you by my side as my top star, I'll be da best dang shinobi promoter kada eva!” she’d say with a sly grin and firm grip of his shoulders, all that pressure was enough to make someone's head pop and somehow Taki was doing her best to bear it all, despite all of the challenges she had too after all everyone in the clan was counting on her. "So foist things foist…we gotta see if you can hang, so we’re headed to the Okada gym to see about getting you in fightin shape!” the girl would say patting him on the back.

After the two would arrive at the compound in question a large white and orange flag flying high over the tallest building in the compound Okada HQ. As the two made their way through the gates Jou would be met by a sea of blondes all wearing orange and white with a dash of black clearly the Okada had a limited gene pool. "Joey, welcome to Okada country!”

There was a scent of grilled meat in the air it was summertime after all and the Okada liked to party. "Bakudan or should I say Brokudan!” one of the men would say, as a term of endearment with a distinct twang in his voice something he would notice is common amongst all Okada's. "Wassup!” Taki would shout back. One of the first things Jou might notice was that the architecture seemed a bit different from most of the other more traditionally built buildings in the compound made from concrete rather than simple stone with a mixture of classic and Okadan architecture.

As they made their way through the compound they’d come across a large building that was rather slender in height but wide nonetheless, as they walk by there would be a group of muscle bound men and women who were all on the taller side walking out of the gym and meanwhile some poor unfortunate sap would be seen getting kicked out of the gym by a tall blonde who might look familiar to Jou the Original Bakudan and Taki’s aunt Riku Okada, "You know the rules NO UNAUTHORIZED NINJUTSU!” she’d shout the young chunin would look to her in protest.

"But I…”

"No butts, ya broke the rules now pack yer bags! Dontcha come back now ya here! This gym is a sacred place and I can’t have ya putting my boys in danger with your recklessness.”

make no mistake about it, that was a civilian with no access to chakra whatsoever dressing down a shinobi. With his dreams crushed and his pride hurt he’d march his way out of the gym. Taki would gawk as he left and would then lean in to whisper to Joey. "Uhh yeah, forgot to mention if you don't wanna end up like dat guy, keep ninjutsu out o ya repertoire a'ight?” the girl would say, remembering how touchy and temperamental the woman got when discussing such matters. "Auntie’s got a bit of a policy.”

Riku commanded respect from her gym and clearly was just as rough and tumble as her on screen persona. It was a rather odd rule but one that no one in the family could manage to get her to break at least not completely. She didn’t mind occasional usage of it but nothing that would cause anything earth shattering to happen. She had an understanding of how it worked but felt that to use it was disrespectful to others and to her. "The nerve of that boy…blazing entry not in my gym ya don’t.” she’d mutter under her breath.

"Hey auntie, ya alright?” the girl would call out. "I’m fine darlin, just taking out the trash.” As the two approached the tall woman, she’d take note of Jou. "You must be Joey, Taki’s told me you’d be coming handsome little fella.” Taki would place her arms around his shoulder, pointing to him with a teasing look in the eye. "Yeah I hear she’s got Adachi awl swoonin.” she’d joke her gaze shifting down to a bit to lightly pester her friend. "Does he now…? Well then we found his gimmick "The lady killer.” she’d joke.

"C’mon inside class just ended but the next one’ll be startin up in a little if’n ya need too you can go ahead and get warmed up.” she’d say heading back into her office. Upon entering inside the first thing you’d see is a small office with a glass window almost like a ticket counter it’s where Riku works and also allows her to keep her eyes on the gym at all times. Beside it, is a small sitting area with a few tables more than likely where the trainees eat whatever lunches they have or just a spot to take a break. In the back there’s two shower rooms and beside em are the restrooms.

To the left of the entrance are a series of state of the art exercise machines to help keep performers in tip top shape and in the center straight ahead is a wrestling ring where performers can practice their craft with a little bit of coaching of course. "Well ain’t it great?” the interior smelled like rubbing alcohol and success but probably just the alcohol but despite it’s function it looked incredibly pristine each of these machines looking like they’ve been polished to perfection on the daily it’s clear the Okada and Riku especially take great pride in the upkeep of the gym.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

1086 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on May 14, 2022 12:57:51 GMT -5
A promise is a promiseMay 16, 2022 13:00:30 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou's family issues were a...nightmare, one that the young Himishi would rather not think about it. Jou wants to believe that his parent's harshness was their way of toughening him up...but deep down, Jou knew that was far from the truth. Even after his sister's death, the attention Jou got from his parents would only get worse. They made it rather obvious at this point that they have given up on their son, believing him to lack the potential his sister had...despite him being able to achieve something that she never had in life...the Present Aspect of the Tomokenzangan.

Thankfully, the matter of Jou's family was swiftly put to the side as Taki went on to explain a little about how the Okada works and how she's the successor. Jou was pretty much aware that the Okada doesn't exactly function like your ordinary ninja clan such as the Himishi, but this still piqued the young Himishi's interest, causing Jou to continue to look at Taki. Jou didn't realize that Taki had a lot on her shoulders with both preparing to take over the family business and still being a kunoichi. Jou couldn't even imagine what he'd do if he had such responsibilities, not envying Taki in the least. But something he did envy if only just a little...was the relationship she seemingly has with her father. He wants to make sure that his daughter will be okay to take over, also seemingly helping her with how to balance her ninja and clan life. Jou wished that his parents would put genuine time into him...

Still, with all of those going on, Taki was still in high spirits which honestly surprised Jou. She has so much faith in herself...and in Jou as well it seems. "T-Top star? M-Me...?" Jou said, looking quite sheepish now. Jou was willing to give professional wrestling a try...but not once did he bleve he'll become good enough to be its top star...not even close!

He was seconds away from protesting this, but stopped and thought back...about wanting to become better and to stop drowning in his own self-doubts. "R-Right!" instead, Jou agreed, giving a bit of a nod. Jou was ready for this...the start of his new life. But first, the teen needed to prove himself which made Jou hesitate for a split second...but then he nodded again. Just thinking about all of this was starting to get Jou's blood pumping and his mind away from his family. Not only that...but this meant he was going to finally get to visit THEE Okada Compound!

Eventually, the duo would make it to the compound and the first thing to catch Jou's eyes was the white and orange flag, waving proudly above the compound! Jou's mouth was already open and they haven't even made it through the gates yet!

Once they were in though, Jou's attention shifted to the various folks occupying the place. These weren't ordinary folks though...but Okada folk! The almost endless crowd of blonde hair was impossible to miss. "I-I can't believe...we're really here..." Jou said, clearly surprised as he started to look around. He was immediately taken in by the style of most of the buildings even to the point of missing the brief interaction Taki had. "The architecture here is so different from my clan's." Jou commented with a hint of enthusiasm. Hell, the place felt rather unique from the rest of Iwakagure! If Jou didn't possess self-control, he'd probably be running around touching and studying everything at this point.

Eventually, the duo would then make it to their destination, Jou still looking a little starstruck just from being here. The muscular Okada that was leaving the gym caused Jou's face to light up slightly as he watched them. "Do you think we'll be able to see Kurasshusandā Hima-" Jou was about to ask but was quickly interrupted by the sound and sight of someone being thrown out. It nearly made Jou jump...but the moment he saw the person responsible for the throwing, Jou's mouth once again went back to being open.

Kurasshusandā could wait...

"I-Is that....no...way..." Jou covered his youth with both hands in surprise. "The original...!" Jou's words were somewhat muffled from his mouth. He just couldn't believe that this was all happening right now...and that he was here to witness this!

Even in this state, Jou was able to glance at Taki as she gave her little warning. No Ninjutsu? It made sense...but Jou wondered if that includes his doujutsu as well...but that thought barely got to linger the moment he and Taki approached freaking Okada Riku!

"Sh-She knows my name..." Jou said once more, his tone still muffled by his hands. It wasn't exactly his name, but at this point Jou has come to accept the nickname. His face then went completely red after being called handsome. Though when Taki mentioned Adachi, Jou immediately lowered his hands. "N-N-No, w-we're j-just...friends...!" Jou tried protesting, but the red on his face continued to betray him. He then shyly glanced away while rubbing the back of his head at the thought of being declared a....'Lady Killer'. There was so much excitement and so many emotions that Jou never thought he'd be feeling all in one day!

Jou wasted no time heading into the gym after getting Riku's permission. He was letting all of this settle in before hearing Taki's question. "This is...incredible." Jou said, a simple answer yet the tone of his voice made it a lot clearer how both exciting and unbelievable this all is for the teen. He'd then suddenly attempt to give Taki a bear hug, still caught up in all of this. "Thank you so much for letting me witness all of this, Taki-san! I will not let you down!"

A promise is a promiseMay 25, 2022 19:58:13 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the boy spoke, Taki would let him inside of the gym. "C’mon lemme show da family gym.” with that Taki would bring him inside and point out everything they’ve got. "Now dat you’re a member you’ve got access to dis place from dusk till dawn. At least until closin of course, and Riku holds lesson in ere on what you need ta do in orda ta prove yaself.” the gym was split into two parts on the left there were several different workout machines, a few punching bags, a deadlift station and other strength training devices. Directly in the center was a large wrestling ring with a black skirt and white ropes a large orange Okada clan flag hanging above it.

And directly off to the right is a small protrusion from the wall that almost looked like a little booth, this was Riku’s office. It was designed with a large window around it’s perimeter so that she could always keep an eye on what goes on in the gym but was also quiet enough for her to be able to get her work done while still keeping an eye on the place.

With the two standing around another group of young men and women would enter inside of the gym all shinobi much like Jou, as they came in Riku would stand in the ring wearing her training sweats ready to lay down the law. "Alrighty ya’ll, go on and get yourselves warmed up cause right about now we’re about to start class I don’t want ya’ll even a second late ya hear!” she’d say as the young prospects all got themselves together. "Man Aunt Riku sure is something…” the girl would say watching her work.

After a short moment the prospects would get themselves together standing at the base of the ring and then Riku would lay down the law. "Alrighty ya’ll we had someone break of the gym not too long afore ya’ll got here so let’s be sure to go over em again ya hear!” Riku would proclaim. "Ma’m yes Ma’m!” they’d all say like disciplined little soldiers. "Now repeat after me ya'll No ninjutsu!” the woman would say pacing and looking towards the others. "No ninjutsu!” they’d all say in unison. "That means, no Katon, No Doton, No Suiton and no Fuuton!" the woman would say listing off each element on one hand as she called them out as a means of reiterating her point. "Ya'll got that!" she'd shout to her little would be wrestlers in training. "Ma'm yes Ma'm!"

"Cause if it ain't Tai...!"

"It don’t fly!” they’d all proclaim. "One more time!” she’d say calling for them to sound off. "If it ain’t Tai?” "It don’t fly!” they’d repeat, seeing it would cause Taki to smile as she looked over to Jou. "Keep dat in mind, so you wanna stick around or ya wanna go meet some odda memba’s of da family.” the girl would ask looking to the boy as much as she would’ve wanted to help him get his bearings in the ring she did make a promise and wanted to keep it.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

0000 WORDSTAGGEDSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
A promise is a promiseMay 28, 2022 16:09:47 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Whatever issues Jou had with his parents were long out of his mind at this point. The young Himishi was practically glowing with excitement just by being in the compound. There was a saying about never meeting your heroes...But at this point, Jou does not see the reason for such a saying. To go from sheepishly asking one of his heroes for an autograph to being endorsed by the very same person....He really owed Taki for doing this for him.

"O-Okay!" Jou responded eagerly before following Taki into the gym. The moment they entered, Jou was already looking around, taking in his surroundings the moment he stepped foot into this place. He kept an ear out to listen to Taki though, but he wasted no time trying to familiarize himself with this gym...while geeking out a little. The section that was clearly meant for exercising was the first thing Jou saw, and although it did intrigue him...what really caught the teen's crimson eyes was the ring in the center! Jou was grinning, almost ear to ear from just the sight of the ring. He could already see himself standing in that very ring now....A part of him wanted to go over and touch it, rub his hand over the base...grab onto the ropes.

Fortunately, his temptations were halted by the sight of other shinobi entering the gym, as well as Riku who has gone to meet up with them. "She's something alright..." Jou responded, his tone trailing a bit...staring in admiration towards Riku.

Riku was apparently going over someone who just broke one of the rules...referring to the person she kicked out not too long ago. Jou listened in on this, and the more he did...the young Himishi honestly already felt as if he were part of that group. He will be soon enough.

He listened as they went over the rules, mentally taking note of it...especially the saying that Riku used which Jou thought was really catchy. Even when they went over it a second time, Jou grinned a bit and muttered "It don't fly..." under his breath as the others said it out loud, nodding a bit. It was safe to say that this included doujutsu as well at this point. A challenge he was willing to accept.

Jou was just about ready to hop into the training now...but the moment Taki brought up meeting the other Okadas, Jou quickly turned to her, his eyes practically sparkling as he nodded quickly. "I-I would more than love to meet the others. E-Er I mean...Y-Yes, if it's no trouble at all." Jou added, now trying to reel his excitement back a bit before completely embarrassing himself. But before they would leave, Jou would look up and give the Okada clan's flag one more look, his expression slowly forming into one of a man who is determined.

last edit by Himishi Jou on May 28, 2022 16:11:25 GMT -5
A promise is a promiseJun 6, 2022 16:06:30 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

"Cool, well foist things foist…speak up don’t be some timid ya know…da crowd’ll eat ya alive out dere.” however after a short moment her stomach would begin to rumble. "Speakin o eatin, c’mon…I got someone else I want ya to meet.” she’d say as she took him oddly enough past the gym and turning a corner towards the exit to the compound. Heading down the road to a small arena directly next to it however was a large concession stand where several people seemed to be clamoring towards. "Dis here is my Uncle Jou’s restaurant The Big O…or just O’s, if ya ever been to an Okada show I’m sure ya know abhat it.” she’d state.

After a while the two of them would stand in line and as they got closer the scent of the greasy meals and tasty treats would be even more evident. "Aww yeah dats da stuff.” the girl would say her lips salivating from the scent of the food. "Ahh smells like heaven.” Once the two of them finally got towards the edge of the line a large man could be seen behind the counter with a long hair net and after turning towards the two would greet them with a smile.

"Heeey Takkki!” he’d say his voice was raspy and Jolly but to those who were familiar they’d easily recognize him as the former Big Cool "Jou Okada.” his physique looked like it'd seen better days but in reality he was enjoying his retirement, his career cut short due to health reasons and while not as storied as Taki's father. It had it’s share of memorable moments and after retiring, he took over the concession stand and making all of the iconic meals for the shows.

"Get me some Deep Fried Okadan Chicken!” the girl would say. "You got it baby goil.” as he turned about he’d give the order to his son a younger man he called Teri. "Okadan Fried Chicken!” he’d shout, only to look back at her "It’ll be out in a second darlin, go take ya seat.” afterwards Taki would guide Jou towards a chair on the outside and she’d smile to him.

"You are in for a treat Joey.” she’d say looking too him reclining in her chair. "Okadan cuisine ain’t like nothing you’ve ever seen.” as they waited around the girl would drop her gaze for a brief moment. "Hey…uhh you and Haruka ever patch things up…?” she’d wonder in regards to the argument they had not too long ago.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

435 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
A promise is a promiseJun 13, 2022 11:33:49 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
The moment Jou's timidness was brought up, the young Himishi tensed up a little. "R-Rig-" He then paused and shook his head a bit, almost making the same mistake of being timid again! "U-Uh I mean, Yes! O-of course." Jou added with a nod, attempting to pump one of his fists to look more confident....It was still clear he needed to work on that, but at least he was showing effort this time around.

Jou then heard the sound of Taki's stomach growling which shortly after, his own stomach did the same almost as if it were contagious. Jou rubbed the back of his head and glanced away a bit in embarrassment before hearing Taki's words. "Hmm, okay." Jou nodded once more and started to follow Taki. A part of Jou was regretting not preparing and bringing food with him. He could've made something for Taki to show his gratitude for all that she was doing for him, but of course, he didn't know that any of this would be happening today. Luckily, it seems that they won't have to worry about food.

Jou thought it was a little strange that they were seemingly leaving the compound but he didn't question it. Taki knew these surroundings way more than he did so the teen just followed until a certain scent started to fill the air. Although he wasn't as vocal, this greasy aroma was making Jou's stomach even more restless. If Taki weren't guiding him now, Jou would probably have just been drawn to these smells on his own. Food tends to do that to someone like Jou, especially if it's something he isn't quite familiar with.

"Oh, a concession stand?" Jou said as he finally took notice of their destination. He rested his hand on his stomach the moment it growled again, aching for whatever was being made there.

"I se-W-wait!?" Jou stopped in his tracks the moment he processed the name of Taki's uncle. "Uncle...Jou?" At first, Jou looked a little caught off guard by that, but then he started to chuckle lightly to himself before continuing to walk. This wrestler or former one, Jou was actually not familiar with surprisingly. Maybe he has heard a bit about him but may never have heard his actual name for one reason or another. The fact that there is someone actually named Okada Jou made the young Himishi smile a bit. There was just something inspiring about that.

...What if Jou's parents actually got the idea for his name from this guy...?

No...It was a neat little thought, but Jou extremely doubts that was the case.

Jou tried to get a good look at the food being served as well as the other Jou as Taki placed the order, his eyes full of wonder...and hunger.

Now with the two taking their seats while they wait for the food, Jou still had his eyes on the stand before hearing Taki. "I can't wait." Jou said, smiling a bit. "I've never partaken in much um...concession food." he claimed, not wanting to sound mean by calling it junk food. "So, I'm really looking forward to this. It smells delectable." He added, placing his hands on the table with his fingers politely intertwined. For the most part, Jou has only ever been exposed to the finest and fanciest of cuisines, so this was going to be a treat.

Things were going pretty well so far...until Taki mentioned Haruka, causing his smile to lessen, appearing weaker but still there. "Ah...so you found out about that." Jou said before glancing over at the blonde. He then looked away once again, exhaling a bit from his nose. "I haven't seen her since the Exams...I'm guessing she's very busy with being a Chunin and all, just like you." Jou claimed. "The next time I see her...We'll patch things up...I just know it. We're family after all...and nothing's stronger than family." Jou added, his smile widening a little. Despite how bumpy things were between him and his cousin, Jou never stopped caring about her and he was certain it was the same for her.

But deep down, there was still some doubt coursing through Jou, hidden behind his attempts at trying to be optimistic.

A promise is a promiseJun 19, 2022 12:22:17 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two would take their seats Taki would look over at Jou who seemed to have a bit of a rather polite demeanor about him concession food, that’s a new one. "Oh yeah Okadan Cuisine is da tops!” the girl would say leaning back a little in her seat. But as their conversation shifted over towards Haruka she’d notice his smile fade a little she knew how much she meant to him and when she saw his optimism towards the two of them making up it made her smile. "I knew dere was a reason I picked you, you just get it!” the girl would say. Jou was such a likeable guy and figured that down homeyness was going to connect with the audience.

After sometime a woman in a blue jacket with a red and white candy cane colored bandana would make their way out towards the two of them this was Taki’s Aunt Aimi and on her tray she had a fresh bucket of Okadan Fried Chicken the bucket was practically dripping in grease but that just made the girls mouth water afterwards she’d take off her gloves and pull off the top. "Thanks Auntie Aimi.” Aimi would look towards the two of em. "No problem ya’ll enjoy now.” she’d say handing the two of them their fizzies the Okadan drink of choice.

With that the girl would take the first piece of meat and take a bite of a nice fresh piece of fried chicken the skin peppered with excellent seasoning giving it a spicy taste that went well with the nice crunch of the crispy skin, giving it a succulent taste that went down easy. "Ahhhh~” the girl would say as she chowed down on the meat. "Go on man dig in!” she’d say as grabbed another piece not even taking time to take a sip of her drink.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

314 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Jun 19, 2022 12:24:24 GMT -5
A promise is a promiseJul 2, 2022 22:03:06 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou had not realized the smile that formed on Taki's face upon hearing his optimistic words regarding his cousin, but the moment the Bakudan spoke up, the young Himishi looked over in her direction. Jou looked a little lost at first, not exactly catching on Taki's reasoning for choosing him. He was really just speaking from the heart so he hadn't really noticed, but instead of questioning Taki or trying to get her to clarify, Jou simply smiled a bit and nodded, no longer looking confused. Despite not fully understanding the blonde's reasoning, hearing that still made Jou feel good.

Sometimes it was best not to overthink things, which was a bad habit for Jou, but with many other aspects of his life...he has been slowly making progress for the better.

The moment of silence that fell right after this conversation did not last as another blonde woman, most definitely an Okada, arrived at the two with a single but hefty bowl of fried chicken. It was not exactly a fancy display, especially with all that grease...but the smell alone made up for that.

"Thank you." Jou said politely with a light nod to the woman. Aimi was her name apparently, and to little surprise, she was Taki's aunt. Jou watched as Aimi walked off, thinking a bit more about the Okada as a whole...but his train of thought was derailed after he heard Taki again, prompting him to turn around while she was in the middle of digging in. She offered for Jou to do the same. "O-Oh right! But um..." Before he did, Jou would look around the bucket and table a bit as if he were looking for something. "Do you happen to have any...napkins?" Jou spotted the obvious lack of them which didn't seem like an issue for Taki.

The moment Jou took another look at the chicken though, his stomach growled once more, reminding him of how hungry he was. "A-Actually, it's fine." he said a bit sheepishly before finally grabbing one. He looked at the chicken at first, getting a bit of a feel of the golden texture before finally sinking his teeth in. The chicken crunched against his teeth, crumbs dropping to the table despite how politely he held onto the piece. Jou's look of uncertainty and hesitance shifted into something almost close to pure bliss. "This is..." he then took another bite. "so rich with flavor!" He couldn't help but eat a little faster, getting a bit of grease around his mouth.

After that piece, Jou surprisingly went right for another piece, not even wasting any time trying to over analyze it like he does with most foods. Jou hadn't greatly enjoyed such a meal since he cooked that Soba with Shigure.

But, that thing he was thinking about earlier started to make his way to the front of his head again. Jou found his gaze drifting over to the other folks around this area as he thought for a bit. "This might sound a little silly but...I wasn't expecting seeing such a strong familial bond." Jou claimed, but then shook his head a little. "No, "expecting" is not the right word. It just never came across my mind. I was a lot more focused on the business side of things." That...and also geeking out. "But at the same time, it makes so much sense. Being as clearly passionate about wrestling as you guys are could only be achieved through such bonds." Although he admired this, Jou couldn't help but feel at least a little envious, but that did not show on his face.

A promise is a promiseJul 6, 2022 19:00:37 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two of them continued Taki would watch as he seemed to enjoy their tasty Okadan cuisine, she was glad he was enjoying himself and smiled. Whilst she took a few bites of her tasty treats Jou would speak on the familial bonds of the family itself. "Yeah we’re awl one big family ere, it's a big part o da culture!” she’d say with a wide girn.

"And wit your attitude, I tink you’re gonna fit right in ere.” she’d say placing her hand into the bucket before pulling out one more tasty morsel and chowing down on its nice crunchy exterior. "Ohh~ man.” the food was on point and she’d have to give her compliments to her uncle after she got home, as she finished tearing the meat off the bone she’d point the drumstick towards him. "I dunno if you know dis but bafore we were a big wrestlin promotion we actually used to be a coicus, ya know wit clowns n acrobats n stuff.” the girl would add.

"And while a lot o da village may see us as clowns sometime…I’m proud o my family and I hope I make em proud myself.” the girl would say. "C’mawn hurry up, when you’re done we got one more poison to go visit.”

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

221 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style