compose a reply
Fame RankingsMay 2, 2022 13:25:23 GMT -5
Shirime Kimi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shirime Kimi Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday rank Genin occupation

Suggestion

Reason/Argument: It is often somewhat difficult to gauge how well known the various people, organizations, and places in the world are without contacting the owner of the application or leader of the territory. Communication is always great, but not everyone reaches out and inconsistency occurs.

Suggestion:
Adding a field called Standing to character apps, organizations, clans, and village information boards. Standing would have the following ranks, which are given as an example but could be implemented as letter grades/numbers/etc if desired.

Standing: Unknown
The entity is not even well known at a local level. An academy student, a clan of mole men who have never surfaced to the world above, Yamato's book club, etc.

Standing: Local
The entity is known in areas that they have spent a good deal of time in. For people this would indicate around the average advanced genin's clout. For clans and organizations it would indicate being recognized only at a local level. For locations like villages only residents know of the location's existence (Takigakure).

Standing: Regional
The entity is well known by the people within the region where they operate or are located. Around the level of reputation a seasoned chunin could achieve.

Standing: World
The entity is a recognized name throughout the shinobi world, often holding a political significance outside of their own territory. Most shinobi villages and kage would fall under this level. That does not mean that the specific location of a village is automatically known (reference village information pages for environmental and security details). Nor does it mean anything beyond the most prolific details about a world famous person would be readily available. This is the level where Zabuza & Kakashi know of one another through reputation.

Regulating Standing:
The best way to think about how I envision this working is making a "baby" between the alias system and the village ranking system. There doesn't need to be a set starting point of standing, although baselines have been provided in the above description.

The purpose of the field is to serve as a quick reference to determine if a character might recognize something existing or not. Accepting whatever level of standing just means that the written history makes sense with the level of standing. Updating standing would probably be appropriate as a level 2 appeal where evidence is shown to reflect why the standing is increasing or decreasing. Anyone should be able to perform these appeals. For example if a missing nin organization performs enough crime without keeping their faces covered it would warrant an increase to standing whether they wanted it or not. It may be appropriate to decrease standing after periods of relative inaction from characters.

last edit by Shirime Kimi on May 2, 2022 13:33:59 GMT -5
Softy has written 0 posts
Fame RankingsMay 10, 2022 3:34:12 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
I'll be brief, but over all I like the general concept although I don't necessarily agree with some of the examples. This could be a useful tool for those registering clans or for village rulers to make it clear what is and is not known. I myself ran into such an occurrence recently where someone thought the Maboroshi Clan's library was general knowledge for the clan. I'm sure there are many other such examples people have dealt with over the years. So yeah, would be in favor of this, but believe it'd need to be discussed at length as to specific examples and how best to go about implementing it and adding it to older apps.
has written 844 posts

quick reply

compose a reply