Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

This had been a long week of processing information and ensuring that whatever she intended to do, it was done the right way. In truth, it probably would have just been hell attempting to leave things behind unfinished. But then again, if she wanted to find answers, she couldn't do it here. Leaving seemed the best course, even if it might be a bit daunting.

The truth was, aside from exams and missions, Arashi hardly had ever been too far away from the desert. She had always wanted it, but within the recent years and the events that had occurred, such temptation had more or less been kicked out of her. Her position only made that desire lessen, as it wasn't as though she had enough to worry about. But this was different, and she honestly believed that the space was required to avoid being distracted. If worst came to pass, she could ensure that she was in an area that was well protected and among allies. Or close enough ones.

Adjusting her jacket as she brushed the loose strands of hair from her face, she'd already finished giving instructions to her aid should the worst come to pass and she wasn't there. After all, she was still on duty, regardless of where she was. But, if anything else, she didn't intend to be as active within the politics as before. Not that she had been too much.

Of course, came the important task...speaking with her father on the matter...

Standing in front of his door, the young woman began to question this choice of action internally.

Asahi was still missing, the village was having it's share of problems and she may not be around to help solve it if she were out on some spiritual quest. She worried, especially about her family as well.

She had gotten reports from Zakku and Ayukawa's status, but it would be some time before she heard any more on that front. Then there was also the message from the Taki Lord wanting a meeting. Was this really the ideal time?

"Who am I kiddin? He doesn't need me for that...if he ever really does for that matter in any regard..."

The last part within her head, she'd knock on the door and soon enter the man's office as she closed her eyes and released a breath.

"Dad...we need to talk...ya got a minute?"

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,711 posts
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]May 9, 2022 21:49:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The sound of scribbling filled his room. He kept writing, the tip of the pen tearing through the untouched parchment. The light from candles and sconces keeping him further company as the book remained as silent sentinels of his work as the cold of the desert night brought a chill down to his bones and he stopped, leaning against his seat as his eyes explored the seals, still wet upon its new canvas. The composition of the seals making him nod in approval at how far his work had gone with this particular seal. Of the few things he enjoyed as he became older, this one was among the top.

Not that he didn't enjoy spending time with his family but the moments he had to himself were few and far in between and solitude had become something he had begun to enjoy. However whatever silence he was enjoying would now be at its end. A sigh escaped his lips, his eyes drifting to the now cold cup of tea he had been drinking, the general disorder of his desk as tomes and books and many others pieces of wisdom had been taken from the records of Sunagakure. With a groan he raised his sight from his work and spoke. "Come in." He said, sounding more tired than he actually was.

As his eyes rose he would see the shape of his daughter entering his office. Her demeanor serious but also hiding something that made him raise his eyebrow. The Kazekage straightened on his desk, putting the pen down to put his entire attention on her, silence would be broken again as she spoke. "What is it?" The Kazekage simply said as he awaited for her to begin. "The way you said it reminds me of when your mother scolds me, I didn't do anything this time, did I?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]May 9, 2022 22:10:57 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I think we'd both know if it was somethin ya did..."

A small smile crossed her lips as she placed her hands within her jacket, looking over at the cup and then the incomplete Seal designs it appeared he had been working upon. It was certainly to no surprise a work of art. Not that she would say much on it as it would lead to a whole other conversation. In truth, it was a tempting thought. In honesty, she wasn't even sure where to begin, but as she closed her eyes, she'd then lean against the wall as she shook her head.

"Last week...I was a tad outta line...so for that I'm sorry...You are the Kazekage...and despite what my opinion on a matter might be, or whether I seem interested in what ya doing or how ya do it...it isn't up to me...and I'm willin to be of support however I can..."

Saying this, Arashi would then allow her hazel eyes to open before then clicking her tongue.

"But...over the course of the last few months...I've been doing things that I would never do...or I promised myself I'd never do again....and its been in the name of your actions and I can't let myself remain quiet about it...especially when it isn't exactly things that I'd expect you to be okay with either..."

Walking across the room, she'd then stop short of his desk as she pressed her hand down upon it's surface.

"When soldiers act on their own opinion...and their leader is perhaps questionable in his approach for doing so, you remove the leader right? Especially when they aren't actin in the interest of the people...That was almost you last month....and I had to kill...damn near a whole village worth of good men and women...to keep it from happenin...and I don't even want to start with what you asked me to do to Rin...because of you wishing us to be prepared for an attack that may or may not even happen...and there has been no sign of anything related to givin you a reason to..."

Her expression was serious, but she then crossed her arms over her chest.

"And there still has been no word from your own personal guard and ya haven't even asked..."

She cut herself off, pushing her hands down as if to calm herself before then looking down at the floor.

"You told me...that I wasn't a weapon or a tool to you...that I was your daughter...so why are you makin me act like one? Why am I goin around killin people and twisting memories away?"

Arashi would pace forward again as she shook her head.

"It isn't doing anything of good for us to lose people and it isn't helpin me either...so I think...I need to go...You can't have a second who isn't on your side and I can't be here with my head all over the place..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]May 11, 2022 23:22:56 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato listened to his daughter. Her display contagious as what seemed to be impatience spread to him like a contagion. As he heard her he looked down, partly as he was unable to look at her in the eyes and partly to collect his own thoughts. His fingers tapping on the worn surface of the desk. He kept his silence after she was done before looking up at her, having mustered enough courage and backbone to dispel whatever doubt she had. "Do I lock you in a tower and toss the key away?" The Kazekage began as his eyes met those of his eldest child. "Do I put a collar and leave you in chains, unleashing you when our enemies are before us?" He continued trying to read the puzzlement on his daughters face. "Am I that to you... A mere goaler?"

He left the question hanging, to allow her to reflect any thought she might have had. His fingers began to tap on the desk, a tic that he had picked up as he endured his reign at Kage. He left a sigh escape his lips before speaking once more. "Arashi... I'm not blind." He began. "I know... I know that you haven't forgiven me, not fully at least." That was the truth, how could she ever fully forgive him when he could not forgive himself for his actions. "You are in your right to feel that way, even hate me if you must." Takato said and spoke with a grim acceptance.

"If anything, I'm glad you returned to us despite my presence." He said with a bittersweet smile before his features returned to a dour, serious demeanor. "What I've asked from you, the only thing I've expected of you as a shinobi is to become the protector of Sunagakure." He said as he rose to his height gently, his hand going through his hair, feeling his throat dry, his lips parched. "But perhaps I put that expectation unjustly on you."

He looked down for a brief moment and then raised her sight to his favorite child. "Where would you go?" He asked, knowing that he might try to stop her, but there was far more of her mother in her than there was of him.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]May 12, 2022 6:27:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Wow....You...you're still not...even hearing what I'm saying..."

Arashi would close her eyes as she found herself biting her teeth as she shook her head. It was possible that she was just not being clear, but Arashi didn't think that was the case. Maybe it was simply just how things were. That she and her father would never really ever be able to communicate in a way that at least had both of them at a point of understanding. It just seemed like, there were pieces that just weren't fully coming to light, and one was only able to go so far with it.

"This has nothin...to do with that...but I won't even bother..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would look to the side as she then began to hear the rest of what the man had to say. Though indeed, it looked as though the young woman had completely shut herself off from him as the rest seemed to be a similar song that had played out one too many times...

As the question went to where she intended to go, Arashi would sigh as she spoke while summoning a scroll into her hand, moving in front of him as she placed it down upon his desk.

"Kusagakure...Our alliance there keeps it as much as a neutral ground as any other and the area is...peaceful..."

With that said, Arashi would back away as she then awaited his response to the request as she look toward him.

"If the One Tails is to become part of the village, I need to strengthen my bond with it...and I can't do that here...so I'm asking for leave for the next month...everything that needs to be taken care of is being handled by my staff with reports coming by way through a secure channel..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 12, 2022 11:45:38 GMT -5
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]Jun 12, 2022 11:28:11 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"I see." Takato replied with a tone of resignation. It's not that he couldn't stop her, he had the techniques to do so. But he had always believed in giving his daughter the agency that she had desired and forbidding this would be counterproductive. In many ways she was like her mother in that regard, much like Kasumi, Arashi had for better or worse a stubbornness about her when her mind had been made up and if she indeed was trying to bridge the gap between her and the tailed beast then it could only mean some good for the village.

He had his reservations of going to Kusagakure to train. He had dealt with many of their leaders before, hosted them in the halls of the Kazekage manse. They had seem well intentioned, some with delusions of grandeur, others fading into mystery, other simply outright dying before they even had assumed the mantle. This new Lord, however, was a mystery to him. He said so because the world at large knew little to nothing about him. Whether it was from a sense of self importance or not, he wanted to know who would be guesting his daughter. "I suppose I can't stop you and ask you to consider Konohagakure or perhaps Kumo." He said, with the same tone as before.

"You may go, but if I may make a small request to ease the worries in my heart." He told her softly. "You will have some of our shinobi as escort. My choosing, they won't interfere but they will protect you if they must." Of that he promised and hoped that the terms would be deemed suitable for his daughter. "It will also ease your mother's worries." He added, trying to make a point rather than twisting a knife to convince her.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]Jun 12, 2022 12:14:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"If I'm not able to get what I can outta Kusagakure...I'll head to Kumogakure next..."

Arashi would simply respond to the suggestion with the very least some consideration toward the point. It made sense to consider those places due to the stronger alliance within them, but in truth, she figured that the best place would be where she wasn't as familiar. It would make it so that she didn't run into anyone, not to mention that while she was fond of both Kiho and Kawai...she wasn't sure that either of them could help her with this.

As her father spoke once more, it seemed that he also wished for her to take an escort of shinobi with her. A small one, those that he picked that would ensure her safety. To which, sadly, was a bit of a sore spot as she tilted her head to the side.

"You mean like Ura?....Hiroaki-sensei?....Asahi?...Those would be among the people that you put the most faith in right?...Too bad their dead..."

Her eyes narrowed as she looked to the side with a frown.

"Hell...we could ask Kuroki-sensei and see if hes got any more shinobi that are trustworthy and want to kill us..."

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]Jul 31, 2022 20:33:42 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato frowned at his daughters recounting of the death, remarking that those shinobi he had found as trustworthy seemed to die. His features hardened as he tapped his desk, his mood soured even further. Sometimes it seemed that the more license he granted to his daughter the more insolent she could be. She was an adult but there was always a rebellious streak about her, but now she seemed to wield the names unto him as if they were weapons, a stab towards his own sense of guilt. "Death is part of being a shinobi." The Kazekage replied coolly, deciding to ignore the the tone she had taken.

"I will chose them myself, from my own personal guard." He said, staring at her to let her know that the topic would end there and he would not accept any other complaints. He knew all the shinobi from his own guard and trusted them with his own life. His bodyguards were always drawn from their number, and as of late he had made sure to rotate them to get to know them better and asses them for leadership positions within the village. He had two in mind but he needed to make sure that they weren't in any duty roster that could compromise their assignment.

"Will that be all, Arashi?" Takato asked, his hand moving to pluck a brush from the inkwell to continue his work. His eyes never deviating from his daughter, waiting to see if she had anything else to say before he would continue his work. Unsure if he wanted to be around her after her bout of defiance and insolence. He began to wipe the excess of ink from the tip of the brush, testing it on left over parchment, making sure the lines where to his liking. "Well then?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Leap of Faith, Leaving Kaze no Kuni[Takato]Jul 31, 2022 20:59:15 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Narrowing her eyes at the sad excuse for the action of a shinobi, how death was part of service, how it was part of the path that all shinobi took when it came to them protecting their homelands, Arashi would simply place her hands within her pockets as she just looked toward her father, allowing him to have his final word on the matter at the mention of it being his choosing of her guard, and finally asking if that was all she wanted to say.

She was silent...

Perhaps it did sound like she was having a tantrum. Honestly, considering it more, she was. There had been a lot of times when she did complain, many times it went on deaf ears. There had been moment where she didn't listen, and honestly paid for it dearly. There was no mistake that it was due to her father's mercy that she was even still a shinobi. Her status as a tailed beast was no excuse for a lot of her actions and she knew that.

But there was still a lot that she didn't know. Plenty that she still had to learn...

It was her hope that she'd find the answers one day...but for the moment, all she had was her father's words and that was it. Her own research gave nothing, her friends were few and far between...Asahi was still missing, and their family was more or less scattered to the wind doing what they could to help preserve the village how they could.

Which left only them...

It was funny how many times he had mentioned how so much like her mother she was...but in truth...probably way deep down...the obvious comparison was staring both of them down.

She wanted to be strong like him...but he wanted her to be better...

As he asked again as if expecting another lash out, the girl would say nothing...just standing there as it appeared that her father was preparing to continue his craft, soon enough walking toward him as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Nothing...I'll see ya..."

With that, the girl would make her way toward the door.

She had nothing more to say...perhaps it didn't matter...at least not to him right now.

They just....they didn't really talk...and maybe that was more so her fault than his...but the point of this was for her to ask permission, not to go on a rant. It was probably better to just keep it this way and nothing more.

Some things changed over time...and some things didn't...

It wasn't that she didn't love her father or appreciate him....it was just that...at times..it felt like he didn't listen...or at least..just allow for her to just speak without a retort. He had to be right...just as she had to be right...

In the end, that didn't fix anything...so she'd just bow out...

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Sand Control

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
Sand Gourd

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS