Reparations [B-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 7:36:50 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"reparations".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

MISSION START

Mitsuda and Shigure went to the Hokage's Office to discuss the issue with the stolen scroll. Being such an important tool for the village, the Hokage was more than willing to join them in the effort to find and recover the scroll. Shigure would be in charge of the tracking, but if fight did break out, he would be taking more of a back seat.

As Hokage, however, Keisuke couldn't immediately jump into the mission without getting the paperwork taken care of - bureaucracy, like it or not - but after a couple hours waiting, the mission had been officially approved and they were ready to go. "This day escalated a lot, but to be taken alongside the Hokage himself and the Snake Sage on a mission? That's amazing!" the young Hyuuga was keeping his serious composure, but he was fanboying hard on the inside.

They didn't know much about its whereabouts, but at the very least they knew that it was somewhere deep into the underground of the edges of the village, in a series of old mining tunnels. The trio would then head towards the entrance of said tunnel and once they arrived there, Shigure would notice something weird. There was a seal tag on the entrance.

Frowning his brows he activated his Byakugan and analysed the nature of the technique, and it was one he recognised for he knew how to use it. "I think this is the right place indeed... This is a five seal barrier. Somebody really want to keep us away from it." he said. "Of course you know this already, but we need to remove the five seals at the same time. Let me find them." and with that, he started to focus on the area around the main seal.

"North, three-hundred and sixty five metres, behind a mossy rock... South, eight-hundred and ten metres, riverbed, three metres from the northern margin... East, one kilometre... Behind... Oh... Ichiraku Ramen? That's bold of them... Oh, sorry... Last one is southwest, just outside the village, a hundred and seventy metres from the gate, inside a hole in a pine tree." he informed them.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

B-Rank Mission
Headed to the entrance of the tunnels, found a five seal barrier, used Byakugan to find the other seals
[ ]
[373 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 7:52:50 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
You'll do it my way, or I'll do it myself.
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
age 158 years old birthday 11/12 rank Elite Jounin occupation Sannin
[newclass=.mitsuda]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda b]color:#337733;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda i]color:#687768;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Finally, the time had come. It seemed it had been years of endless waiting and hunting down clue after clue in order to find where his precious scroll had been taken to. Luck had it that a man with the perfect eyes for the job just happened to owe him reparations for past aggressions on his clan’s behalf. Whether or not this would be the point that would turn Mitsuda’s views on the Hyuuga clan remained to be seen, but it certainly put them on the right path for forgiveness.

Along with his scroll, two girls had been taken. It made the man’s blood boil at the thought, but not for long. Mitsuda had seen worse, gone through worse. In terms of the horrors, he’d seen and faced, this was absolutely nothing and would pale in comparison. It had been quite some time since Mitsuda had worked in a team setting on something such as this. In his mind, Shigure wasn’t nearly well equipped enough to handle harsh combat if it came to it, but his eyes held the answer to the retrieval of the girls and the scroll. Keisuke, on the other hand, was a blessing to have come along. His power as the Hokage was undisputable. With Mitsuda and Keisuke working side by side, the Sage assumed they would have little trouble securing the girls safely.

He would watch as the Hyuuga would scan the area, quickly locating a barrier that surrounded the underground tunnels rumored to hold the girls and the scroll. "If that is the case, they certainly are hiding in plain sight.” Mitsuda would turn to Keisuke. "Perhaps regular scans should be made of the village. If they’re this organized, I seriously doubt it’s their first time hiding something under our noses.” The Sage would cross his arms over his chest as he listened closely to Shigure.

The positions of the seal were quite far apart, not that it would be an issue to remove them. "We will need someone to guard the entrance as the tags are removed. Disabling the barrier could warn them that we’re coming. I can stay and I will send my pets in my place. They will listen to your commands if needed.”

Mitsuda would hold out his arms, and two giant snakes would appear from nowhere, hosted likely in his body. They were large enough that they would be able to maneuver and remove at least two of the tags. The Sage would be unaware of Keisukes’s capabilities with clones. If insisted, the snakes would still go with Keisuke to guard the clones should something occur to prevent the removal of the seals.

last edit by Kekkan Mitsuda on May 13, 2022 9:43:26 GMT -5
mint has written 55 posts
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 9:28:41 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 26/12 rank Elite Jonin occupation Hokage
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
Today had been a fairly busy day for the Hokage as he had been swamped with paper work that had to be completed and submitted for filling likely giving Tomomi a headache when they had to submit the paper work and often correcting Keisuke on his mistakes he often made, he liked to rush through things so that it would give him the time to either train or visit key locations in the village as Keisuke was a busy man he liked to keep himself occupied with something at all times. It had been recently that Shigure and the snake sage Mitsuda had paid Keisuke a visit in order to discuss something very important regarding Mitsuda it seemed that the snake sage scroll had been taken from the sage. Which was a huge problem as that scroll was considered very important to the village. Mitsuda obviously had Shigure helping him, but you know what Keisuke is like with wanting to help Mitsuda, Keisuke was the village hero and Hokage after all and what type of person would he be if he did not try to help his fellow shinobi. It was his job as hero after all. Keisuke would be dressed pretty much as normal in what people considered his hero 'outfit' with his signature cape and glasses worn on his body as he headed from his office to meet up with Shigure and Mitsuda.

It didn't take long for Keisuke to catch up with Shigure and Mitsuda as the three of them headed for the entrance of the underground cave that was rumored location of the place that the scroll had been taken to, not to mention the two girls being kidnapped as well. Keisuke was very happy to follow the lead of his fellow shinobi as this was there gig and Keisuke just really wanted to help Mitsuda more than anything, plus these bastards could not be allowed the chance to kidnap others in the future. Upon reaching the entrance of the underground cave Keisuke could see with his own eyes a barrier that protected the entrance. Keisuke knew it was the five seal barrier he had seen it used before, this was confirmed and backed up by Shigure who at the moment was using his Byakugan to scan the barrier as well as finding the other seals location. Meanwhile Mitsuda made the suggestion to Keisuke that more regular checks on the village should take place following todays events, honestly hiding under bare sight under the villages nose was a great idea, but one that should be corrected for sure. " Yeah I agree with you Mitsuda. Once we have gotten the scroll back and recused the hostages, ill see that regular checks are taken place, though before we leave ill make sure to seal this underground cave up. Keisuke had said and would see to it personally that adjustments are made. For now though Keisuke would allow Shigure to scan the area with his eyes to find the seals are one by one he found them and relayed the location of them to the group. As the location were revealed to Keisuke they were spread quite far apart probably on purpose as a diversion. Though Mitsuda had suggested that he could use two of his snakes could be used to get two of the seals as he formed them from his arms as they appeared before Keisuke so this was snakes it was the first time seeing them in the flesh. Keisuke was impressed and excited by the first impressions of them and hopefully looked forward to testing himself against the sage in the future, but for now the matter at hand as Keisuke though for a second he could either use shadow clones to get all the seals at once or the use of another method. First Keisuke would make the hand-signs needed for the summoning jutsu as he slammed his hand on the ground in front of him as about forty little foxes had appeared before the group they looked like small squirrels by the looks of them but they were in fact foxes and what makes this little creatures special they could move quite quickly but worked in a hive mind as they can work together flawlessly, and they process no chakra network so cannot be sensed either. Keisuke thought these little guys would make quick work of the seals. Keisuke would reveal each of the locations to the small foxes as they spread themselves out in groups of ten and suddenly dashed out of view with there little bodies as they began to move on the seals. Keisuke didn't need to guide them as they worked as a hive mind so the would know they would have to pull the seals roughly all at the same time. " If you want Mitsuda have your snake go back them up but I'm sure you can communicate with your snakes at will so they could be needed if were are to pull the seals all at the same time and to ask as guards if need be, be honestly those little guys should be alright." Keisuke spoke leaving it up to Mitsuda if he wanted to do that with his snakes as Keisuke himself didn't use his clones which he could have done, but thought the little foxes would be enough for this job.

ITEMS: the hero's glasses [Active]
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
JUTSU: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique] [Summoned D rank Bakenokawa fox summon
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

This Hero’s presence is an ability that stems right from Keisuke’s own chakra and with how the man is around others. The man believes that he is a real hero, even though a lot of that is self-proclaimed. His belief that he is a real hero has created something truly special for Keisuke. He has developed a special aura, that stems from his hero "energy” [chakra levels]. This aura can be seen by others, though it can only really be seen clearly when he is in the thrill of battle believing he is a true hero. Out of battle his aura is faint but is sometimes present if he speaks of his hero-like desires. Those who witness his aura ‘might’ believe in him for just a second, whilst they will often deny they believed anything. The doubt is in there minds. In the presence of friends and allies, his aura will truly be seen. His aura to friends and allies will give them a slight boost in confidence and will give them the belief they can win even if they are against it. As a Uzumaki Keisuke's will is yet strengthened by his will and determination even more he will keep going until until he drops dead if he has to.

TEMPLATE MADE BY SIFR OF GANGNAM STYLE © 2015
last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on May 13, 2022 9:34:50 GMT -5
Jian has written 96 posts
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 10:49:56 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"reparations".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

BARRIER BROKEN

Mitsuda suggested to the Hokage that they needed some regular scans to the village to prevent things like this from happening again and Keisuke agreed. Moving forwad to the scanning, Shigure had identified all the seals that needed to be removed, and Keisuke used his summoning technique and after the poof of smoke cleared, a plethora of squirrel looking creatures appeared. Upon a closer look, Shigure noticed that they were actually tiny foxes. Mitsuda did the same thing and two giant snakes came from seemingly nowhere. With all those summons, the trio wouldn't need to move from the entrance, which was good.

The summons went towards the direction indicated by the young Hyuuga, with the snakes acting to protect the foxes. "Once they are there, I will pull this seal, and we should be good." Shigure added. It took the creatures a few minutes to cover the distance, but the hive mind of the small foxes did help a lot.

Once they were all in place, and all the foxes position themselves to remove the seals, Shigure reached out for the seal as well, synching with them in their removal. With all seals gone, the trio could now enter the tunnel. Shigure smiled at their success. No other safety measures were in place, but that was reasonable; it had been quite a while since the thievery, so the criminals were probably confident they would not be found, or if they were, that the people looking for them would have trouble finding the seals. Unfortunately for them, they had a Hyuuga in the team.

Shigure would take the lead in the sense that he would walk in first, using his Byakugan to check the place. "It's quite big... But there's some lingering chakra deep down the tunnel. I can't see beyond a range of two kilometres, so we will need to proceed a bit further, but I know the way." he explained, and as he walked into the tunnel, he would start taking turns to the right and left, it looked like a real maze, but the Hyuuga seemed to know what he was doing.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

B-Rank Mission
Proceed inside the tunnel
[ ]
[356 words]
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 15, 2022 20:41:40 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.mitsuda]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Mitsuda would simply nod at the confirmation of Keisuke’s acknowledgement of routine scans of the village. For these scums to be hiding in plan sight, the Sage couldn’t only assume that it would make the Hokage’s blood boil. It was indeed quite clever of them. Most wouldn’t expect for someone to get away with something for this long, especially of this severity. It made Mitsuda wonder about the ranks of those involved and made him question whether or not there could be higher ranked Shinobi in their midst. Just how deep did the corruption run? These tunnels weren’t even something Mitsuda knew existed, and he had of course been a part of the village during the core of its inception. For something so deep and treacherous to be allowed to fester and grow in their midst was unacceptable, but likely something that had long been in the making even before Keisuke became the Hokage.

The man would make no further comments on the subject after Keisuke’s comment. They had two lives hanging in the balance, and something such as that was better left for later discussion.

As Keisuke summoned about forty foxes to his aid. Mitsuda would not question the small creatures but would listen to the Hokage’s next suggestion with a nod. "Consider it done, Lord Keisuke.” He would not need to relay the message to the snakes. They would feel his desires and do as the Hokage instructed. The snakes followed the foxes, splitting up between two of the directions they chose to take as they covered the distance to the seals.

For the moment, all Mitsuda could do was wait for the seals to be removed in unison, and when it seemed as though they were removed, the snakes from far away would not return. While leaving a forest and rock-filled area would not alert someone, their return may raise brows if any sensor shinobi had been watching. They would reunite at a later time.

They were lucky to have a Hyuuga with them. Finding the seals could have taken hours without Shigure, and his help was greatly appreciated. The help of the small foxes was also a great asset to their mission. While Mitsuda could have summoned more snakes, he was glad that the seals were at least now taken care of.

His eyes would turn to Shigure, waiting for his call to enter the tunnels as he would sense the threats within with his Byakugan. Mitsuda would nod. "Very well, then. It would be wise for you to take the lead. Please allow me to take the rear. While I am very aware you can handle yourself, Lord Keisuke, I would never forgive myself if something did happen.”

Mitsuda would follow Shigure’s direction as they headed into the tunnels. Turn after turn he would follow, keeping a close eye on their movements and noting ever single turn they made. If Shigure was incapacitated or left without chakra on their way back, they could be forced to stay in the tunnels for quite some time if the way out wasn’t clear without the help of the Byakugan. Although he said nothing, he expected Shigure and Keisuke to do the same.

The air within the tunnels was thick and the stench of moss and mud hung in Mitsuda’s nose. The sound of rushing water echoed throughout the tunnels as did…machinery? Mitsuda would remain quiet, his footsteps quiet against the rocky craig below. The less noise they made on the way down, the less time their enemies had to prepare.

Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 16, 2022 10:15:59 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
The tiny foxes would all scurry off in varies directions as they headed for the various seals location spread out around the tiny foxes, within a short amount of time the foxes would arrive at each of the seals locations and was ready to pull them. Waiting for Shigure to make the first move on the centre seal at his location the other small foxes used there hive mind to communicate that the seals all needed to be pulled at the same time as they moved into position to do so. Within the next few moments all of the seal tags had been pulled at the same time as the five seal barrier protecting the cave entrance had been deactivated. It had been a good thing that Shigure had been here using his eyes in order to find the chakra of the sealed tags as doing so without him would have taken a while for sure.

Now that the entrance was clear and no other traps with removing the tags seemed to have been not triggered the group of shinobi would head inside of the cave. Keisuke had several thoughts in his head about this cave and why it even existed in the first place and why didn't the village know about its existence. He would be sure to conduct an investigation into its origins once they had completed the mission they had originally come to do. For the most part Keisuke stayed quiet and would allow Shigure to lead the way with his eyes, Keisuke stayed in the middle and Mitsuda in the rear. While he appreciated Mitsuda concern about Keisuke he would fight as required in order to stop what was going on in these caves. The caves were damp in places and the air thicker the deeper they walked into the caverns that seemed to swallow the group up the further they walked. Other sounds could be heard and not the type you wanted to be hearing though it sounded like machines of some kind the sound it made would hopefully cover the groups movements as they headed deeper inside. Though he would hold a hand-sign in order to cancel the summon of his tiny foxes so they returned.

"Don't worry about me lets just focus on why we are here in the first place and know these people whoever they are can't be allowed to continue as they have been. " Keisuke spoke he was generally not cared about his well being while he was the Hokage and probably should have sent someone to help them instead. Keisuke wasn't exactly your average Kage and preferred to be involved with matters concerning his village and not just some pencil pusher. Keisuke was the hero of the village and would continue to guide his people as long as he had breathe in his lungs and a pulse in his heart.

the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
JUTSU: None
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

This Hero’s presence is an ability that stems right from Keisuke’s own chakra and with how the man is around others. The man believes that he is a real hero, even though a lot of that is self-proclaimed. His belief that he is a real hero has created something truly special for Keisuke. He has developed a special aura, that stems from his hero "energy” [chakra levels]. This aura can be seen by others, though it can only really be seen clearly when he is in the thrill of battle believing he is a true hero. Out of battle his aura is faint but is sometimes present if he speaks of his hero-like desires. Those who witness his aura ‘might’ believe in him for just a second, whilst they will often deny they believed anything. The doubt is in there minds. In the presence of friends and allies, his aura will truly be seen. His aura to friends and allies will give them a slight boost in confidence and will give them the belief they can win even if they are against it. As a Uzumaki Keisuke's will is yet strengthened by his will and determination even more he will keep going until until he drops dead if he has to.

last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on May 16, 2022 10:16:23 GMT -5
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 16, 2022 11:00:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"reparations".

TRAPS

It felt a bit odd to be leading the way when he was the weakest member of this squad, but that made him think back on what he had learned in the shinobi academy and with his Genin Team sensei, Gure Yuuta: every member of a squad is important in their own way, and their skills will be consider in the greater scope of things. A squad is supposed to complement the shortcomings of the individual members, and for that, he was actually quite happy for being useful to big shots like the Snake Sage and the Hokage. Moreover, this help could also mend - even if just a little - the deep wound between Mitsuda and the Hyuuga clan, as well as recover such an important asset of the Hidden Leaf Village.

Mitsuda took care of the rear, so that the Hokage could be in between them. It went without saying that Keisuke was an extremely powerful shinobi, one of the strongest of the village that's for sure. However, no matter how strong he was, the Leaf shinobi had a duty to protect him. If a Hidden Village loses its leader, chaos ensues and their enemies grow bolder.

The air deep within the tunnel was thick, it smelled like moss. There was running water as well and Shigure could see, for it went all the way down to the unconfined aquifer beneath the edges of the Hidden Leaf Village, a huge underground lake and an important source of water. "It's deep... We will continue to head down, past clay deposits, but above the confined aquifer. Whoever this person is, they hid well." he explained as he continued to scan the place.

After a good twenty minutes walk, they reached an area of the tunnels where the ceiling was way higher, and full of dangerous looking stalagmites. Suddenly, Shigure stopped and made a sign with his hand for the others to cease their movements. "Paper bombs." he warned them as his eyes quickly scanned the area. "Five... Eight... Fourteen... Twenty two... All attached to those stalagmites." he said, pointing to the rock formations with the explosive tags attached to them. Shigure looked down and then he sighed deeply.

"Chakra threads... Invisible to the naked eye. I will go first and mark where to step. Be very careful, from the looks of it, if we step in a single one of them, we will trigger a chain explosion." he explained, and with that being said, the young Hyuuga started to walk very carefully, avoiding the invisible threads he could still perceive thanks to his Byakugan.

With every step, he would mark with a kunai the place where Keisuke and Mitsuda should be stepping. It was impossible to move faster than this for now, and Shigure couldn't afford to further inspect the tunnels while focusing on making sure they wouldn't trigger an explosion, but as long as they followed his marking, they should be fine. All of the thread thus far were on the feet level, so they were supposed to be activated by people stepping on it, but he couldn't discard other threads, and he was right in doing so, for the final one was a trickier one, and Shigure would pause. "Final one is a triple thread trap. One at the feet level as per usual, another one at the waist level, right here." he pointed out where it should be. "And the final one is a little above my head, a foot and a half." he sighed.

This was way trickier, but they could still leap as long as they remembered those instructions. The Hyuuga was the first, leaping upwards and spinning his body, landing safely on the other side. He turned back towards his companions and nodded.

B-Rank Mission
Detected explosive tags triggered by chakra threads
[ ]
[631 words]
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]May 28, 2022 17:52:10 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Mitsuda would nod at Keisuke’s command, though he admittedly felt odd in obeying such a thing. While he wasn’t a bodyguard to the Hokage, he was still always going to act in the better interest of their village. The loss of a Kage was detrimental to any village. With that being said, the Sage would obey his orders, and his attention would be shifted more onto finding the girls …and his scroll…within the caverns. The Sage would listen closely to Shigure’s directions. He was their eyesight in the darkness of the caverns, though the Sage still paid close attention to their escape route for when it was needed.

For how deep the caverns seemed to continue, Mitsuda found himself a tad irritated. These caverns needed to be closed off. Even if they weren’t being used as a hiding place for these criminals, a child could easily have made their way down here in the labyrinth and get lost…perhaps even die. It was odd that the seal placed at the entrance did not flag their chakra sensory team, so Mitsuda would agree that they in fact knew what they were doing. They had planned this out for a while, and there was no telling what else was being hidden in the depths.

A good time passed, and Mitsuda would stop with Shigure, listening again carefully to his explanation. While he did not see the threads, the paper bombs were quite noticeable, sticking out in various points at the stalagmites. Mitsuda would carefully tread where the kunai marked the safest route.

The third was indeed a bit trickier, but with Mitsuda’s reflexes, he managed to hop through the traps more gracefully than the rugged man would often look. He would plant his feet safely on the ground, and not move until it was deemed safe. If an explosion did occur, the girls being help hostage deep within would have little to no hope of ever escaping.

Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Jun 26, 2022 15:00:28 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
As the three of them headed into the tunnels before them Keisuke would be in the middle of the three of them with Shigure in the front taking point and Mitsuda in the rear. A lot of pressure seemed to be on Shigure's shoulders as they were relying on him to help navigate the tunnels before them as the group had no idea what was waiting for them inside. What needed to be done was to get the scroll back to the village and rescue the people held captive. The air in the tunnel seemed thick to breathe so the group would have to control their breathing for the most part so they didn't pass out since it seemed to be of limited quality but hopefully wouldn't take them too long to get in and out. So keeping a medium pace behind Shigure the group would travel deeper into the tunnels which seemed about twenty minutes in length though Keisuke couldn't be sure exactly it just felt like it. Shigure had also explained details of their environment including there being clay deposits and a confined aquifer.

Shigure would then signal for Keisuke and Mitsuda to stop as he mentioned the word paper bombs. Keisuke would look at the rock formations above as this part of the tunnel seemed to have a higher ceiling than what they had seen so far. Shigure would mention the sure number of explosive tags in action here as the group needed to be careful where they stepped going forward. It was a great thing that Shigure had come along as his eyes were protecting the group from harm at the moment. So with the instructions set and the pathway through the ground-level traps marked by Shigure. Keisuke would follow behind him with the same pace as Shigure and only follow his exact path behind him Keisuke, just made sure his long cape didn't knock into any of the wires along with the ground level. After clearing the ground-level chakra threads the group would come across a triple thread trap with three sets of chakra threads at different levels. Ground level, waist height, and head height. Keisuke watched Shigure make it over the traps with no issue at all next came Keisuke, the problem Keisuke had was that if he was to attempt to go over the top as Shigure had done, he would end up catching one of the chakra threads with his cape and didn't want to risk being another hero who died wearing a cape. Before his decision came due to the nature of his make-up Mitsuda maneuvered between the chakra threads as a snake would, but Keisuke didn't have an ability like that. Keisuke had an idea in his mind as he decided instead of going over the wires he would go under them instead. As he waved two hand signs for his jutsu Keisuke would simply sink into the earth below his feet so that he was fully underground with his whole body and just moving underground freely using his earth jutsu he moved about three feet to clear the chakra wires blocking his way. He appeared in front of the ground all of a sudden like a pop from the ground. " I couldn't risk being another hero having my cape getting caught on something and causing my death or worse our deaths." He said laughing to himself. He knew of people having worn capes having died wearing them or with them getting in the way leading to death. Not this time for Keisuke. "Anyway after you Shigure." He simply said to allow Shigure to pass him to letting him lead the way again.

the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
JUTSU: Dochuu Senkou [Underground Submarine Voyage]
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Jun 26, 2022 16:55:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"reparations".

FOUND THEM

The traps were tricky and well placed, but luckily the Byakugan could detect them well and Shigure, once he made it past them, helped guide his companions through them so that they could continue without any issues, and also without alarming their enemies. Mitsuda managed to make his way through the trap threads with plenty of grace, moving like a serpent of sorts. "He is not the snake sage for nothing... This is some skill." he thought to himself, with a subtle, yet relieved smile; being accompanied by two of the strongest shinobi in the village did make him feel much safer, but he was also proud he was being an useful member in such an elite squad. He had also come a long way.

Keisuke came last, but he managed to avoid the threads as well, but he did so by merging with the earth below his feet and moving to a safe spot beyond the chakra threads. It was quite the impressive technique, but it was probably an Earth Release, which meant Shigure wasn't able to use it. "Perhaps one day... I managed to master wind recently..." he thought to himself, even though he doubt Earth was an element he had a good affinity with. "That's a very useful technique, Hokage-sama." he admitted, looking at Keisuke with a mildly impressed smile.

With the obstacle overcome, they were free to keep on moving and Shigure took the lead again. The trio would walk for another fifteen minutes, making it deep into the place, and as they walked past an underground lake, Shigure paused and turned his head to face the water. Frowning his brows, he found a trapdoor at the bottom of it. There was a ladder there taking them nearly a kilometre further undergound, and once they were there, things were finally different. It was manmade, a tunnel of steel leading to what looked like a laboratory of sorts. The place was perhaps fifty square feet in area, with tubes around its walls. There, Shigure saw two girls. They were alive, but their brain activity was really low, as if they were in a coma of sorts. "This... This is horrible... For how long have this man kept them like this? Their muscles... They look weak... Dammit..." he thought to himself, but he tried to keep his expression calm and collected, despite how much that scene disgusted him.

On a table, a scroll linked to some cables attached to a computer of sorts, as if it was trying to decipher it. "I... I found them! The girls, the scroll... And the thief!" he said, widening his eyes and pointing to the centre of the underground lake. "There's a trap door there, it will lead us to an underground facility another kilometre into the ground. The girls are in a coma of sorts, inside tubes, and I see a scroll. I believe that's your scroll, Mitsuda-san." he explained, going on to add all the other details he had perceived with his Byakugan.

B-Rank Mission (10/20)
After the traps, continue for another fifteen missions, and Shigure finds the way to their target.
[ @jian4]
[519 words]
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Jul 14, 2022 19:40:02 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Mitsuda’s focus was sharp, his brilliant hues open wide in the darkness of the tunnel as the trio quickly moved further down into the depths of the secret labyrinth beneath their village. For the first time in so long, the Sage felt great anxiety and anticipation. He could still remember the feeling of the parchment in his hand, and the drip of blood as he signed it. It brought his blood to boil, and the thieves that hid below with such cowardice had much to fear in their wake.

Keisuke’s joke went overhead for several moments as it took the Sage a moment to understand the joke on capes. His robes, though they were long, never had given him issues by getting snagged on something, though perhaps capes were more of a problem.

To be such a fierce fighter, Mitsuda was afraid he never quite found something relatable to his Hokage. It wasn’t a regrettable thing, however. It made Mitsuda respect him all the more. His bright-colored attire and cheerful disposition were something that the village needed to see and hear. He was, in his own way, a superhero to the people of Konoha. Young a strong, he was a beacon they could count on, and that’s all the Sage needed to know in order to have his back.

Shigure, on the other hand, was another piece of a more difficult and long-standing puzzle, though a new piece in the game as of late. Mitsuda wasn’t quite sure how to handle it. He felt such anger towards the Hyuuga, and yet Shigure made him feel indifferent as if warding off a century and a half of hate and resentment.

The man could feel his heart race even more, but he contained his exposure. The mentioning of the summoning scroll made his eyes narrow even more. He was so close to having his life back. He wouldn’t fail now. He couldn’t afford to. Yaki was counting on him. His village as well.

"The girls come first. There’s no telling what tests they’re performing. Good work, boy.”

Mitsuda would follow through the trap door, keeping his eyes open for the thieves.
A man in a lab coat watched in shock as they approached, but his face simply froze and lowered like cold steel. A sigh escaped his mouth as he slowly pulled his glass offed and wiped off a smudge nonchalantly. "Well, I suppose it was just a matter of time.” He would put the glasses back. He was only a foot or two from the test tubes, two girls floated inside with breathing masks, their bodies hooked to monitors that beeped in a language Mitsuda could not understand or decipher. The Sage huffed, his nostrils flaring as he looked at the two helpless girls floating in the thick goo inside of the tubes.

"Bit of a sick game for you to play, no? Little young for you, don’t you think? We’ll be taking them with us…the scroll too.”

Would he fight? Would he run? Something in the thief’s eyes…said he was ready to put up a fight if need be...

Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Dec 21, 2022 10:58:35 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"reparations".

POISON OF THE WICKED

Upon relying the information he had acquired thanks to his Byakugan, Mitsuda complimented him for the good work and highlighted that the girls were the main priority, and Shigure promptly nodded to that. "Understood!" he diligently responded, as he continued to guide the group to the trap door in the cave. Shigure made sure there was no traps hidden in the door, like explosive tags or sealing techniques, and once he was sure it was clear, he gave the team a signal with his head and they went down the place, heading towards the hideout of the thief.

The man in question wore a lab coat and showed great shock upon seeing them there; he had likely hoped that the sealing in the entrance of the cave would be enough to stop most people from ever finding him, but he was wrong. Still, the shock in his feature was short-lived as he quickly recomposured himself, putting his glasses back. Shigure noticed the girls inside the tubes, and that angered the Hyuuga, who grit his teeth. "Sick bastard!" he barked.

Still, the man didn't seem to cower at Mitsuda's word, and embolden by a confidence they couldn't know where it came from, he chuckled wickedly and pressed a couple buttons on the control panel near him, and the girls' expression inside the tubes changed to that of pain. Shigure observed it with his Byakugan and got even more aggravated. "He is injecting poison on them!" he alerted Mitsuda and Keisuke. His eyes showed that the tube had previously just being used as a forced feeding and oxygen source, which meant he could break them out of that. "As if we would let you!! Hakke Kushou!!" Shigure exclaimed, as he threw his Vacuum Palm towards the tube, breaking the glass with great precision so that the girls only got superficial scratches as wounds.

Moving as fast as he could, he would grab the girls and take them away from the tubes. But even though he was fast, they were still injected with some poison, they needed help. "Mitsuda-san!! It's in their system!" he revealed, as the wicked man started to laugh.

B-Rank Mission [12/20]
Uses Vacuum Palm to break the tubes, and dashes to rescue the girls, but notices they have already been infected with poison
[]
[383 words]
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Jan 16, 2023 21:25:34 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.iwane]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass][newclass=.iwane:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.iwane b]color:#337733;[/newclass][newclass=.iwane i]color:#687768;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","iwane"]Mitsuda’s eyes landed furiously on the enemy before them. Their actions were unforgivable no matter how anyone looked at the situation. Fury rose inside him, and for a moment his last thought in the world was the scroll he had searched so long for, but the thought of girls that lay sick and dying in the depth of this forgotten cave was the tip of his tongue and sword that was now aimed at the man that stood cockily ahead of them.

As they were injected with some sort of poison, Mitsuda surged forward, removing his chakram from their place and splitting them, throwing them effortlessly toward the man. Their poison-coated edge would swirl with such force that it would spray outward as it spun. If anything, he hoped to simply get the man away from the girls as Shigure managed to grab them and bring them to safety.

"Damnit!” The Sage hissed to himself. He eyed the male who was now several feet away, his eyes shifting from the male to Shigure and the girls and back. He tore the green dragon-corked necklace at his neck and threw it in Shigure’s direction. "Give them half of the vial each. It will hold off the poison if it is from a snake. I’m afraid that’s all I have to offer them.” Mitsuda could only pray that the poison was being used from that of a snake, but only time would tell. "I’m leaving that to you, boy.” Misuda hissed, "Once they are safe, join me...we do not know his abilities…”

Utilizing poison on a pair of helpless girls. It was pathetic. Between that and the stolen scroll, Mitsuda now took this personally. The chakram returned to him and he held them tightly in his hands. His eyes would glare menacingly at the male and chakra would surge through them. Before, he had seemed to be unaffected by Mitsuda’s threats, but the eyes this time caught the male off guard if only for a second. That second was enough for Mitsuda to attempt to take full advantage, and he surged forward, swinging the chakram yet again in a flurry, allowing them to return again before he was then only feet away from the male. He then used the flats of the chakram to create powerful currents of wind, scratching and cutting at the male.

x01 | Reverse red sage antidote
Hebi saimin [Snake Hypnosis]
Daikamaitachi no Jutsu [Great Sickle Weasel Technique]
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Jan 17, 2023 2:43:03 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
Keisuke listened to Shigure instructions as he observed what he saw below the trap door there were three traces that he had scouted with his powerful eyes the Byakugan. Shigure mentioned that one was likely the thief that had stolen the sage's scroll which is why they had come into this underground base in the first place. Then there were the two girls the thief had taken hostage, as described by Shigure the girls had been placed into giant test tubes the ones that were used in experiments by medical professionals and scientists. Though Keisuke had no idea which one this thief belonged to. Though Keisuke had deducted that this thief most likely had medical training in some capacity due to the circumstance present before them. Upon scanning the trap door to make sure it was safe to proceed Keisuke followed Shigure and Mitsuda down past the trap door and into the clear opening with the thief before them and the girls in the test tubes. The look on the thief's face as he saw the three of them appear before him, Keisuke still remained in the rear in case something decided to happen or another damn trap. Though this was unlikely to happen at this point since the thief was pretty much cornered.

Keisuke for the main part seemed silent which wasn't like this as he was usually a man full of life and energy, but the science before him disgusted him, it made his blood boil that another incident like this had happened on his watch which wasn't the first time since Keisuke had become Hokage, the world ever-changing and more bad things kept on happening. The smile on Keisuke's face had gone, but for the moment he remained silent and still. The thief before them seemed to have calmed down from the shock of the three of them appearing before him. Then upon pressing a button on the console of his device, something started to happen to the girls as Shigure mentioned that the thief was injecting poison into them as he saw it with his Byakugan. Shigure would first use his clans jutsu to smash the test tubes with great haste and accuracy as he then dashed forward to get the two girls and bring them toward the group.

Mitsude then joined the fray using what looked like chakram on first glace to keep the man at bay while Shigure had returned with the girls safely, Mitsuda had ripped something from his neckless and threw it towards Shigure, it had been something to hopefully help with the poison while they got medical attention but getting back to the medical hospital in time when they had the thief to deal with was always a problem. Keisuke had a solution for this. After performing several hand signs he would form three shadow clones as they appeared at the sides of him. " I'll have my shadow clones safely get the girls back to the hospital while we deal with the thief that way they have every chance of getting the best medical care they can as quickly as possible. The path should be clear of traps for the most part except the explosive tag traps which we know the exact route for and so do my clones." Keisuke had said with that he moved forward as he clones were helping see to the girls with Shigure before he stood next to Mitsuda. " This bastard will pay !" Keisuke said with a stern and angry expression on his face, one that was not normally seen on the male, but something about what had happened recently had caused Keisuke to shift his focus and energy slightly and seemed angry right now. As Mitsuda started to attack the thief, Keisuke would again form some hand signs after doing so the ground would start to move below the thief as Keisuke would attempt to grow earth spears from the ground below the thief the aim was to piece the man from several directions as once and Keisuke showed no mercy in his attack. Keisuke was acting strange even for him though considering everything, who could blame the man for losing control?

the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
JUTSU:
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique] 3 shadow clones formed to help take girls safely to Konoha hospital.
Doryuusou no Jutsu - [Earthen Rising Spears]
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on Jan 17, 2023 2:43:46 GMT -5
Reparations [B-Rank Mission]Feb 21, 2023 13:45:28 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"reparations".

A HELL OF A TEAM

The situation was far from ideal with the poison inside of the two girls. Mitsuda was rightfully furious, prompting him to attack the wicked thief with his chakrams, which the man just barely dodged. Luckily, for the theif, Mitsuda had just aimed to keep him away from them, and not outright kill him just yet, so that they could focus on savign the two girls from a certain and painful death. When Mitsuda arrived where Shigure was, he would give some vials to the Hyuuga and instruct him to administer them on each of them. He was supposed to use just half of the content, which should be able to delay the effect of the poison. "Got it! I will take care of it, Mitsuda-san." he said as he started administering the substance, which would buy them some time.

Keisuke, with his mastery over the Shadow Clone, would then take the girls, who were now a little more stable, and rush them to the Leaf's hospital. Thanks to Mitsuda, they had enough time to get them to proper care, and their chance of surviving was pretty high. "I will go to the path and make sure the clones will avoid the trap. I will be back as soon as I can!" the Hyuuga said, knowing that between the Hokage and the Snake Sage, they were not lacking in sheer power at all, thus making his abilities more valuable in ensuring the girls were taken out of this place safely.

The Wind Release technique with the chakrams was effective. The man tried to waive hand seals to use a technique, but he wasn't fast enough and was sent flying against one of the walls, hitting it hard and spilling some blood. The man grunted, but he was not yet defeated, as he managed to stand his ground. But following up on Mitsuda's attack, came Keisuke's own, creating the Earthen Rising Spears, impaling the man in a few different parts of his body, not yet killing him, but immobilizing him completely; he was now left at the mercy of the two man. "B-bastards... I was so... S-so close... hehe... But the g-girls... They will n-never recover..." he claimed. It was impossible to determine if he was being truthful or just trying to get into their heads at this point, since he seemed confident enough in his words, despite his injuries.

B-Rank Mission [16/20]
Shigure administers the vial and goes with the clones so they can move safely from the cave. The man is hit by both attacks and is immobilized and severely injured.
[ ]
[431 words]