Kindred Spirit

compose a reply
Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:31:21 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
I thought if anyone could understand the terrible burden of tradition, it would be someone like you.
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull
age 36 years old birthday Dec 19 rank S-Rank Nukenin occupation SinK Juror
[newclass=.LilacImg]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.LilacImg img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces][googlefont=Alegreya+Sans:900]

[attr="class","Lilac"]
[attr="class","LilacBlockContain"]
[attr="class","LilacBlockSlip"]

[attr="class","LilacBlock"]
[attr="class","LilacTag"]

[attr="class","LilacBody"]
[attr="class","LilacBody1"]
[attr="class","LilacImg"]

[attr="class","LilacTextBody"]
[attr="class","LilacText"]
I finally did it! I got clean away from that frigid island and walked across half the continent after that. It doesn’t feel real quite yet. It’s not too late to go back. [break][break]
That’s what I keep telling myself as I trudge up the muddy forest paths of the land of rivers in search of a friend I haven’t seen in years. My only clue is this letter that I received by falcon not but a few weeks ago. If I don’t find him… I could go back. [break][break]
I really haven’t got half a chance on my own. I’ve never been very good on my own. It’s not my fault that codependency is a family tradition. I don’t know why this thought keeps popping into my mind as I reach out with my senses in search of a dull warmth. I’m not going back but I could go back.
[break][break]I can’t say it was safer there but there is a certain comfort that comes with the familiar. I sometimes imagine my life if I had stayed and continued to be the murderer I had been beaten into becoming; instead of the lost soul I am today.
[break][break]
There. I turned my head to the west and sprinted through the trees towards a small camp at the heart of the forest. I may not know myself just yet but I sense a kindred spirit nearby.

[attr="class","LilacBody2"]
[attr="class","LilacName"]Nue Benjiro

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Notes: :)

[attr="class","ZYcredit"]ZYTL

[newclass=".Lilac"]display:flex; justify-content:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBody"]display:flex; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBody1"]width: 425px; background-color:#fafafa; display: flex; border-right:5px solid #ebebf0; border-top:5px solid #ebebf0; text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBody2"]margin-top:-42px; padding-left:20px; padding-top:15px; padding-bottom:15px; width: 405px; border-bottom:5px solid #ebebf0; border-right:5px solid #ebebf0; background-color:#fafafa; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacImg"]height: 497px; width: 125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlockContain"]width:75px; display:flex; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTextBody"]height: 390px; margin:20px; width: 230px; background-color:#ebebf0; padding-top: 30px; padding-right:15px; padding-left:15px; padding-bottom:15px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTextBody::before"]content: ""; position:absolute; left:0; top:0; width:260px; height:3px; background: linear-gradient(45deg,#979aab,#bdb7b7); transform: scaleX(0); transform-origin: left; transition: 0.6s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacText"]width: 200px; height: 370px; color: #414057; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; text-align:left; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacText b"]text-shadow: 1px 1.2px 1px rgba(151, 154, 171,0.6);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacText i"]color: #9b838b;[/newclass]
[newclass=".Lilac:hover .LilacTextBody::before"]transform: scaleX(1);[/newclass]
[newclass="::-webkit-scrollbar"]padding-top:100px; width: 2px;[/newclass]
[newclass="::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb"]background: #979aab;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacName"]margin-top:-5px; font-size: 52px; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg,#979aab, #cba8b2); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Alegreya Sans; word-spacing: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacNotes"]width: 365px; background-color: #ebebf0; margin-top:-5px; padding: 10px; color: #9e808a; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlockSlip"]width: 75px; height:25px; background: #979aab; border-left:5px solid #ebebf0; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlock"]display: flex; width: 75px; height: 100%; background: linear-gradient(#979aab,#bdb7b7); border-left:5px solid #ebebf0; justify-content:center; align-items:start; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTag"]transform: rotate(90deg); opacity:0; margin-top:-50px; transition: 0.6s ease; color: #fafafa; font-family:calibri; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 11px; padding: 5px; outline: solid 1px #fafafa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTag a"]color: #fafafa!important; font-family:calibri!important; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-size: 11px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".Lilac:hover .LilacTag"]margin-top:40px; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ZYcredit a"]font-family: Calibri; font-size:11px; color: #979aab; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]
Thalia has written 22 posts
Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:31:37 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
age 24 years old birthday 2/14 rank B-Rank occupation
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearBack"]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText12"]
[attr="class","tearHead12"]All appears to fade away
[attr="class","tearImage12"]
[attr="class","tearText13"] Kazui was away speaking with a potential recruit. The siblings disliked separating, but certain operations could only be trusted to her. Time was of the essence. Spending his day networking he found opportunities in the River Country that would gain them a foothold. He beat her to camp and started preparing clear soup using a cast iron pot.

Hotaru was no sensor, but he heard something barreling straight towards him. He stood from crouching after putting a lid on the pot, determined to keep Kazui’s lunch safe no matter what came from the tree line.

Hotaru drew three senbon. Next to him was SinK’s crest carved into a tanned leather banner held up by a planted wooden spike. Hotaru etched that emblem into the letters he’d sent to old acquaintances and shinobi of renown who might sympathize with him. His knowledge of Benjiro came from a rogue from Yukigakure. They gave Hotaru intel that cast Benjiro in a light that aligned with his. To think they’d actually show up was a long shot.

"Who are you?” Hotaru asked as the pale-haired man came into view. Already Hotaru looked them up and down, preparing an attack if they made a sudden move.
Notes.

NAME: Futaishō Shīru [Genjutsu Intolerance Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
This Seal requires 3 hand signs to perform and must be applied to the head of the target/person in question. Once in place the seal links itself directly to the persons mind and sustains itself by altering the flow of chakra to go through it. The seal activates if any foreign chakra or influence affects the chakra around the brain causing the person in question to suffer a shot lived if not inconsiderable jolt of pain by shocking nearby nerves. This seal serves as an effective means to inform the individual if he is under a genjutsu and can dispel genjutsu techniques by means of the moderate pain it causes. This seal must be placed on a person prior to a genjutsu attack to be effective and thus is of limited use once battle commences. It does not cost any chakra to maintain due to the seal being largely dormant most of the time.

[newclass=.tearBack]width: 600px;min-height: 200px;margin:auto;background-color: rgb(217 227 184 / 33%);[/newclass][newclass=.tearTop]opacity:.9;width:94%;min-height:200px;font-family: muli;font-size:11pt;margin:auto;padding: 14px 14px 10px 14px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12]width: 150px;height: 150px;background: url("https://i.ibb.co/KbZYGFX/tumblr-a50fa965b904c5f6119ad38.jpg") no-repeat;transition: 1.2s;border-radius: 83px; border:2px solid #bdad7b;background-color:#ffffff;margin:auto;background-position:bottom;box-shadow: -1px 2px 7px 1px #e5df7f;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12:hover]background:url("https://i.ibb.co/j8GrvnQ/111.jpg") no-repeat;transition: .8s;background-color:#302f2e;background-position: bottom right;[/newclass][newclass=.tearHead12]text-align: center;float:left;writing-mode: vertical-rl;color: rgb(191 176 124 / 94%);font-weight: 1000; text-shadow: 1px 2px 10px black;font-size: 11pt;text-transform:uppercase;padding:2px;font-family: 'social';[/newclass][newclass=.tearText12]background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border: 3px solid #bdad7b;box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 4px #e5df7f;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 85% 0, 100% 50%, 82% 99%, 0 100%);background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');height: 170px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearText13]color:#e0e3b5;background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border:3px solid #bdad7b;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;font-size:9.5pt;background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');[/newclass]
Sharp has written 177 posts
Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:32:20 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
I thought if anyone could understand the terrible burden of tradition, it would be someone like you.
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.LilacImg]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.LilacImg img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces][googlefont=Alegreya+Sans:900]

[attr="class","Lilac"]

"Uchiha Hotaru?” I stepped out of the shadows and held up a folded parchment pinched between my middle and pointer fingers. The letter bore the same emblem that could be seen carved into a banner hanging nearby. It seemed this man was not expecting company at the moment and I had disrupted the preparation of what was sure to be a delightful meal. "I’m sorry for the intrusion. It’s Nue Benjiro… I received your letter.”
[break][break]
I flashed the most genuine smile I could muster through intense nerves and hoped that Hotaru would recognize me as an ally. In this tense moment I remained perfectly still with my palms facing out to symbolize my benevolent intent. All the while my eyes were focused on reading his facial expression and body language. I was prepared to protect my vital areas with my forearms if necessary but I hoped it wouldn’t come to that.
[break][break]
My stomach grumbled unhappily at the fantastic aroma that hung around the clearing. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d eaten anything more than the few mushrooms I’d foraged from the surrounding wilderness. I lowered my hands to my sides with a pitiful expression, "It’s been a long journey. Could I trouble you for a bowl of soup?”

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Notes: soup?

[newclass=".LilacBody1"]width: 425px; background-color:#fafafa; display: flex; border-right:5px solid #ebebf0; border-top:5px solid #ebebf0; text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBody2"]margin-top:-42px; padding-left:20px; padding-top:15px; padding-bottom:15px; width: 405px; border-bottom:5px solid #ebebf0; border-right:5px solid #ebebf0; background-color:#fafafa; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlockContain"]width:75px; display:flex; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTextBody"]height: 390px; margin:20px; width: 230px; background-color:#ebebf0; padding-top: 30px; padding-right:15px; padding-left:15px; padding-bottom:15px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTextBody::before"]content: ""; position:absolute; left:0; top:0; width:260px; height:3px; background: linear-gradient(45deg,#979aab,#bdb7b7); transform: scaleX(0); transform-origin: left; transition: 0.6s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacText"]width: 200px; height: 370px; color: #414057; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; text-align:left; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacText b"]text-shadow: 1px 1.2px 1px rgba(151, 154, 171,0.6);[/newclass]
[newclass=".Lilac:hover .LilacTextBody::before"]transform: scaleX(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacName"]margin-top:-5px; font-size: 52px; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(45deg,#979aab, #cba8b2); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-transform:uppercase; font-family:Alegreya Sans; word-spacing: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacNotes"]width: 365px; background-color: #ebebf0; margin-top:-5px; padding: 10px; color: #9e808a; font-size: 12px; font-family: calibri; overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlockSlip"]width: 75px; height:25px; background: #979aab; border-left:5px solid #ebebf0; flex-direction:column;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacBlock"]display: flex; width: 75px; height: 100%; background: linear-gradient(#979aab,#bdb7b7); border-left:5px solid #ebebf0; justify-content:center; align-items:start; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTag"]transform: rotate(90deg); opacity:0; margin-top:-50px; transition: 0.6s ease; color: #fafafa; font-family:calibri; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 11px; padding: 5px; outline: solid 1px #fafafa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LilacTag a"]color: #fafafa!important; font-family:calibri!important; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-size: 11px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ZYcredit a"]font-family: Calibri; font-size:11px; color: #979aab; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none;[/newclass]
Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:32:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"]At the mention of his name, Hotaru clenched the hidden senbon. As a wanted man, strangers who knew him were worrisome. However, they rarely bothered conversing, so maybe they had different motives. Then, the pale-haired jounin introduced himself. Dilated silver eyes watched unblinking; his facial expression hid behind a thin sky-blue scarf.

Kazui’s lie detection ability would be ideal, but Benjiro’s smile disarmed his deepest paranoia. He turned the senbon in his sleeve, pushing it into place. A careful eye might have seen it poking against the fabric.

A wind blew through the forest and rustled the tree branches. It felt cool against his skin and brought the scent of the coast.

"I didn’t think you’d come, especially so soon.” Hotaru glanced toward the simmering pot. He’d made enough for Kazui and himself but decided to give up his portion hoping to encourage an alliance, he waved a hand towards the food. "Help yourself but leave half please.”

To serve soup wasn’t something he was ready for. Benjiro was powerful and Hotaru didn’t want to be vulnerable with busy hands. Considering how dangerous the situation might be, he balanced politeness and practicality.

"I take it you’re interested in what I wrote, that’s a long way to travel.” 
Notes.

[newclass=.tearBack]width: 600px;min-height: 200px;margin:auto;background-color: rgb(217 227 184 / 33%);[/newclass][newclass=.tearTop]opacity:.9;width:94%;min-height:200px;font-family: muli;font-size:11pt;margin:auto;padding: 14px 14px 10px 14px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12]width: 150px;height: 150px;background: url("https://i.ibb.co/KbZYGFX/tumblr-a50fa965b904c5f6119ad38.jpg") no-repeat;transition: 1.2s;border-radius: 83px; border:2px solid #bdad7b;background-color:#ffffff;margin:auto;background-position:bottom;box-shadow: -1px 2px 7px 1px #e5df7f;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12:hover]background:url("https://i.ibb.co/j8GrvnQ/111.jpg") no-repeat;transition: .8s;background-color:#302f2e;background-position: bottom right;[/newclass][newclass=.tearHead12]text-align: center;float:left;writing-mode: vertical-rl;color: rgb(191 176 124 / 94%);font-weight: 1000; text-shadow: 1px 2px 10px black;font-size: 11pt;text-transform:uppercase;padding:2px;font-family: 'social';[/newclass][newclass=.tearText12]background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border: 3px solid #bdad7b;box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 4px #e5df7f;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 85% 0, 100% 50%, 82% 99%, 0 100%);background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');height: 170px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearText13]color:#e0e3b5;background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border:3px solid #bdad7b;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;font-size:9.5pt;background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');[/newclass]
Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:33:24 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

"That’s very generous! Thank you.” I walked over to the fire and knelt down next to Hotaru. I lifted the lid and scooped up a ladle of steaming hot soup into a cup I kept in the seal drawn on my wrist. It burned my mouth a little but I was too hungry to care as I drank it down in just a few gulps. I let out a satisfied sigh and slumped down into a more comfortable position to chat.
[break][break]
"I'll be honest with you, if I hadn't read the name Uchiha, I probably wouldn't have come. That name is feared and coveted even on the island to the far north. I thought if anyone could understand the terrible burden of tradition, it would be someone like you. My family had high expectations of me from the moment I first molded chakra and the decision of who and what I would be was never really in my hands after that.”
[break][break]
I was saying a lot of words out loud that had only ever been thoughts before. My voice sounded strange to me but not in a bad way. "I think coming here might have been the first choice I've ever really made for myself. It sounds silly but it’s the truth… as I see it. I was never happy doing what I was doing before. But I didn't really see an alternative either. I guess maybe I've been waiting for an invitation. I left as soon as I read your letter.”

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Notes: Yum

Kindred SpiritMay 13, 2022 11:33:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"]Drawn in by the clan’s name. No surprise. Hotaru half expected they’d try gouging his eyes out, expecting he possessed the Uchiha’s greatest gift: the Sharingan. In Konohagaure, before he left, the mean rumor being that he lacked emotion. Though reserved, he was a bleeding heart that led him into this path.  

Hotaru still embodied the clan in other ways. He was skilled in shurikenjutsu, archery, and war fans. His control of chakra could have lent itself to genjutsu if he set his mind to learning it. Being unable to unlock sharingan amused him because it humbled his father’s ambitions.

"I understand how you think. When I escaped, the freedom was overwhelming,” he said. "I searched for the Gattai, but they didn’t expose themselves. I’m glad you will not begin this life on your own if you choose.”

To escape as a jounin meant it was a matter of time before ANBU started hunting Benjiro. It was outstanding that he had made it far beyond the reach of Yukigakure. A difficult hunt faced those shinobi so far from home.

"I no longer associate with the Gattai’s foolish idealism. If the means to destroy a village emerged, they’d rebuild.”

An important distinction he wanted new recruits to understand. Through their actions, they’d make villages second guess who they deployed into danger and how they recruited. In the long term, he hoped for a trendsetting political victory.

"You’ve stated why you’ve come, but a question still stands: are you willing to fight to save others from oppression?”
Notes.

Kindred SpiritMay 17, 2022 21:14:48 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

I snorted at what I assumed to be a joke about the destruction and rebuilding of villages but Hotaru didn’t pause and I started to wonder if that was really something he felt he needed to address with potential recruits. The thought of something so extreme had never crossed my mind. The comment threw me off and I started second guessing my involvement with a group that’s members might be hiding such ambitions. [break][break]

I stared at the fire as I became lost in thought for a moment. "I'd like to say ‘Yes’. My whole life has been wasted fighting for the oppressors. I would prefer to find somewhere quiet and settle down except for my restless mind. A debt is owed to the oppressed and I mean to repay it, if I can. So, yes. I fought for my village. And I will fight for you. I need to be straight with you though... I’m not looking for revenge. I don’t wish ill on my family, misguided as they are. I don't enjoy hurting people. I want to make a better future. I want to make things better for me now. Is that alright?”

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Notes: Just Chatting

Kindred SpiritMay 17, 2022 23:14:23 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"]Benjiro’s words reminded him of the Bird Country, and the home carved out there. Benjiro would enjoy that life, but Hotaru worried he’d lose him if he reminisced.

"Settling was something I wanted too. Fate did not mean to give me a life of peace, though. I am glad that revenge isn’t your goal because we want to avoid acting on vendetta. We do what we can.”

Speaking of Sai no Kawara this way felt odd, they hadn’t accumulated many members. He worried revealing it might drive them away. If Benjiro joined them, they’d draw in more people, he was sure. Hotaru relaxed and nodded. There was a chance this was an intelligence gathering operation, but he couldn’t afford passing opportunities for power. He was sure Kazui would sus it out with her ability later if deceit was there.

"I can’t guarantee safety for anyone getting in our way, but we want a political victory. If I see children used outside their village, we will try to liberate them. ANBU shinobi may also become a problem, including those from Yukigakure. We’ll defend ourselves from aggression. If we can without shedding blood, I’d prefer it, but I can’t allow ours to die holding back to save ignorance.”

Notes.

[newclass=.tearBack]width: 550px;min-height: 200px;margin:auto;background-color: rgb(217 227 184 / 33%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.tearTop]opacity:.9;width:94%;min-height:200px;font-family: muli;font-size:11pt;margin:auto;padding: 14px 14px 10px 14px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12]width: 150px;height: 150px;background: url("https://i.ibb.co/KbZYGFX/tumblr-a50fa965b904c5f6119ad38.jpg") no-repeat;transition: 1.2s;border-radius: 83px; border:2px solid #bdad7b;background-color:#ffffff;margin:auto;background-position:bottom;box-shadow: -1px 2px 7px 1px #e5df7f;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12:hover]background:url("https://i.ibb.co/j8GrvnQ/111.jpg") no-repeat;transition: .8s;background-color:#302f2e;background-position: bottom right;[/newclass][newclass=.tearHead12]text-align: center;float:left;writing-mode: vertical-rl;color: rgb(191 176 124 / 94%);font-weight: 1000; text-shadow: 1px 2px 10px black;font-size: 11pt;text-transform:uppercase;padding:2px;font-family: 'social';[/newclass][newclass=.tearText12]background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border: 3px solid #bdad7b;box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 4px #e5df7f;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 85% 0, 100% 50%, 82% 99%, 0 100%);background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');height: 170px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearText13]color:#e0e3b5;background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border:3px solid #bdad7b;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;font-size:10pt;background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');text-indent:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tearText13 a]color:#bde6fd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tearText13 p]margin:6.5px;[/newclass]
Kindred SpiritMay 21, 2022 14:45:38 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

"I will fight when it’s necessary to protect the innocent or myself… or you.” This was the first time I’d really considered fighting hunter-nin from Yukigakure. My hope had been that they wouldn’t bother wasting resources to track me down. In my naivety I had convinced myself I could dodge them forever. I wasn’t sure what I would do if I was cornered by an old friend or worse still a cousin or brother. As long as Hotaru was alright with avoiding violence where possible we would be a team. "I believe in your vision for the future. I really think we can use what’s left of our lives to make a difference. I’m wholeheartedly committed to SinK, if you’ll have me.” [break][break]

I straightened up and set my bowl to the side, noticing that he hadn’t touched his portion of the soup yet. It was possible that he was still feeling uneasy about my sudden appearance. For all he knew, I was an assassin who came to kill him or something like that. [break][break]

"So, what can I do to help?” I looked around the camp. It wasn’t the best hideout I’d seen and I wondered if this was going to be his base of operations or just a temporary resting place. How many people had joined the organization and where were they? I had a million questions running through my mind but for now it seemed prudent to let him offer whatever information he was comfortable sharing in his own time.

Kindred SpiritMay 23, 2022 23:54:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"] "Right now, we are focused on recruiting operations. But we are also trying to help people in this region. The more people that we can influence, the better. Often, I use my medical knowledge to assist others, and I’m sure you could do the same. Sometimes what they need is a hand with bandits or organized crime groups.”

Hotaru decided to place his trust in Benjiro and let himself be at ease. He tried to think of something they could do.

"I’ve had insufficient training in genjutsu. I was taught how to make a tag to help warn me of it, but I am overdue for training in the release technique. I’d like the others to meet you, so I don’t want us to go off and get too busy, but maybe you could give me a brief lesson while we’re waiting for the others to arrive?”

Although he’d made it into Anbu in his youth, he still felt like he’d fallen far behind without the help of the village all these years. Now finding himself the head of a group that might cause controversy, he was feeling ill equipped for the challenges ahead of him. Filling in the gaps of his fundamental knowledge might allow him to relax more.

Notes.

[newclass=.tearBack]width: 550px;min-height: 200px;margin:auto;background-color: rgb(217 227 184 / 33%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.tearTop]opacity:.9;width:94%;min-height:200px;font-family: muli;font-size:11pt;margin:auto;padding: 14px 14px 10px 14px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12]width: 150px;height: 150px;background: url("https://i.ibb.co/KbZYGFX/tumblr-a50fa965b904c5f6119ad38.jpg") no-repeat;transition: 1.2s;border-radius: 83px; border:2px solid #bdad7b;background-color:#ffffff;margin:auto;background-position:bottom;box-shadow: -1px 2px 7px 1px #e5df7f;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.tearImage12:hover]background:url("https://i.ibb.co/j8GrvnQ/111.jpg") no-repeat;transition: .8s;background-color:#302f2e;background-position: bottom right;[/newclass][newclass=.tearHead12]text-align: center;float:left;writing-mode: vertical-rl;color: rgb(191 176 124 / 94%);font-weight: 1000; text-shadow: 1px 2px 10px black;font-size: 11pt;text-transform:uppercase;padding:2px;font-family: 'social';[/newclass][newclass=.tearText12]background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border: 3px solid #bdad7b;box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 4px #e5df7f;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 85% 0, 100% 50%, 82% 99%, 0 100%);background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');height: 170px;[/newclass][newclass=.tearText13]color:#e0e3b5;background-color: rgb(27 34 34 / 81%);border:3px solid #bdad7b;padding: 13px 13px 0px 13px;width:90%;margin:auto;font-size:10pt;background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/9hbwQbF/image.png');text-indent:50px;[/newclass]
Kindred SpiritJun 2, 2022 21:26:09 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

"Oh! Sure. I can help with that. I’m actually pretty good at genjutsu.” I brightened up rather suddenly before remembering that Hotaru was the one that had sought me out. He probably knew a lot more about me than I knew about him. "Well… what I mean is that I like doing it.” [break][break]

I took a deep breath as I gathered my thoughts. It seemed weird to me that a former ninja wouldn’t have had at least some self-defense training against illusions. Those types of battles weren’t uncommon for a shinobi and to ignore genjutsu could be a fatal mistake.[break][break]

"The first thing you'll need to do, and this is the tricky part, is figure out if you’re in a genjutsu. Shinobi have all sorts of unique abilities that seem to defy physics. So, how do you know if the flames coming at you are real or an illusion? Let’s pretend you’ve already used up that seal you mentioned because I know if I was coming after someone like you I wouldn’t use just one genjutsu. I’d want you questioning reality at every turn.”[break][break]

I looked at him rather seriously, "How will you know?”

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Kai Training

last edit by Nue Benjiro on Jun 2, 2022 21:27:44 GMT -5
Kindred SpiritJun 3, 2022 1:07:54 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"] Hotaru listened and closed his eyes to meditate on the Nue’s words.

"Once the seal is expended, I will know that there is at least a possibility that my opponent uses genjutsu,” Hotaru replied. He had the insight to anticipate that Benjiro wanted him to disregard the seal completely, it was true that it had made him somewhat lazy. He looked to the left and right, and then his silver eyes locked with the Nue’s violet irises. "Attention to detail must be important. Looking for inconsistencies in the way things move or how they affect the body.”

He gave a clinical answer, because that was how his brain tended to work. Some of the horrors that he’d heard about being inflicted with genjutsu he had nothing he could draw experience to. He thought about it more and tried to dig a little deeper into training from long ago.

"Beyond that, I can only think to follow the general advice to avoid being alone.” he said. "I’ve been alone for a long time. Now that I’m traveling with others I want to be able to help them escape if they are in trouble.”

It was an odd feeling that he still hadn’t gotten used to: being around other people like him again.

Notes.

last edit by Uchiha Hotaru on Jun 3, 2022 1:08:55 GMT -5
Kindred SpiritJun 4, 2022 19:09:44 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

"Well, yes…” I agreed that Hotaru was technically correct. It felt weird to suddenly be thrust into the role of teacher to my new leader "If your seal goes off you'll know to be extra cautious and if you’re with me you’ll be fine. You can also run down a list to make sure everything you see, hear, touch, taste, and smell all match up. If one or two of your five senses perceive something but the rest do not then you’re probably in a genjutsu.” [break][break]

I was pretty sure this was some kind of test of my abilities or loyalty or something else I hadn’t thought of but I decided to just do my best to explain the whole thing because if by some chance he really couldn’t break out of a genjutsu that could end really bad for him. "Although, the best way is to know your own chakra well enough to be able to tell if the normal flow has been tampered with. I suggest meditating often. This last way is the most efficient because if you are in a genjutsu you’ll need to focus on your chakra to break out of the illusion anyways and every second matters in battle.” [break][break]

I was getting the impression that Hotaru didn’t have a lot of experience with this. "Have you ever been under a genjutsu before, Hotaru-Sama?”

[attr="class","LilacNotes"]Word Count // Time // Notes: Keep 'em short!

Kindred SpiritJun 12, 2022 18:28:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Hotaru
Uchiha Hotaru Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont=Muli]
[attr="class","tearTop"]
[attr="class","tearText13"]

Such a high honorific was used in speaking his name. He should have corrected it, but he worried that Benjiro might question his competence if he leveled with him about his level of experience. Benjiro was in a whole other league, and much older, so it felt strange. If the organization grew enough to hold a formal election, he thought the Nue would likely be chosen to lead based on his power alone.

"During my time in ANBU it was part of the training regime,” Hotaru said. Keeping a mental checklist of his senses sounded like great advice, although he was sure that it was easier said than done. In the heat of combat there was a lot of information to process and one couldn’t exactly concentrate. "Genjutsu was something that they said I had the chakra control to learn, but I picked up medicine instead because my father didn’t like it.”

There was an odd sound that Benjiro would realize was a muffled laugh beneath Hotaru’s collar that covered his mouth. It was quiet and a rare occurrence.

"Expose me to one today, it has been far too long,” Hotaru said. It was perhaps risky given he’d just met Benjiro, but there wasn’t much reason to suspect that the elite jounin would have waited this long if he was here to cause trouble.

Notes.

Kindred SpiritJul 4, 2022 19:53:10 GMT -5
Nue Benjiro
Nue Benjiro Avatar
groupnull

[attr="class","Lilac"]

I grinned, "I knew someone who was in Anbu… Our Anbu. In Yuki.-” I shook my head sheepishly as I stumbled over my words, "I was in Anbu, is what I meant. That’s something we have in common.” I was so relieved to have finally gotten to my point that I forgave myself for confusing the details of my own life and those of my former host again. [break][break]

I worried Hotaru might have a cough but I soon realized he was laughing and I chuckled along with him. "Your courage is admiable… My family expected me to go into the medical field and I wasted a large portion of my life trying to live up to that. Isn’t it weird how our father’s shape us even in our defiance?” [break][break]

I set the bowl aside and stood up resolutely. It wasn’t a normal practice for me to cast a genjutsu on an ally and I felt a little uncomfortable doing it to a very new friend. I searched my mind for the right jutsu to use and I thought of one that probably wouldn’t cause Hotaru to hate me. "Alright. I’ll do one now, if you’re sure that’s what you want. This won’t hurt you. Just don’t panic, okay?” [break][break]

A round little bell on a piece of twine dropped into my hand from somewhere up my sleeve and it made a gentle ting-a-ling sound. Hotaru would feel iron cuffs snap around his ankles and heavy chains weighted down preventing him from moving more than a couple of inches.[break][break]
NAME: Naru Kane: Kusari [Ringing Bells: Chain][break]
DESCRIPTION: This technique is one meant to immobilize an opponent. Upon hearing the bell ringing, a user will begin to feel a heavy ball, or rather bell, and chains connecting to their ankles. The user will feel as if their feet are cuffed to massive iron bells, making them perceive it as near impossible to move.