Speculative Sealing | KoumeMay 29, 2022 20:49:38 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Preparation, and good comrades, are the keys to victory
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Sp. Jounin occupation Kusagakure Lord

Speculative Sealing

@all
While the day's work had been as routine as ever, as Yamato had prepared to pack up and leave he had made sure to inform Koume that they would be having a brief stay in the Hummingbird's Forest, at least for a few hours. If she asked why he'd give a bit more of a vague answer, but he did mention that it had to do with improving her ability to improve and train but he wished to refrain from explaining further until they were within the safety of the forest. Before leaving Kusagakure, however, he made sure to pick up a to-go meal for the two of them, handing it off for his assistant to carry while they made the short trek southwards.

Once they were in the serenity of the forest, Yamato picked a relatively small clearing to begin his work, withdrawing a number of empty and pre-filled tags and arranging them carefully in a circle. Koume probably didn't recognize the specifics of the seals, but she would recognize that whatever activity they were doing today involved the bijuu within her in some way if Yamato was taking these kinds of precautions. For extra security, the Lord's bodyguards were on standby just outside of the clearing, keeping a watchful eye on both Yamato and Koume, and their immediate surroundings. After a few minutes, Yamato would sit down in the center of the circle of seals and gesture for Koume to do the same.

Extra notes;

Chou
Yamato has written 544 posts
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJun 6, 2022 8:21:37 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
The work day was as boring as always, but there was a hint of excitement lingering in the girl’s mind the entire time, which in turn caused the day to go by rather quickly. Something about staying in the hummingbird forest for a while, perhaps they were looking to clear out more bandits, though if that were the case there were surely better options other than Koume that Yamato could’ve chosen. The more she probed the topic, the more that the Lord informed her, but it was all so vague, they were going to improve her training ability so to say, but she didn’t know of her ability to train being such a big issue.

Koume hummed and huffed throughout the entire journey, holding their lunch in her arms, as she tried to guess what exactly they were doing while also trying to guess what kind of meal did Yamato pick out. She’d take a big sniff of the air around her before she spoke. "Ahh. Bento box? Pork?” She’d give their lunch a gentle shake before turning her attention solely back on the forest.

It didn’t take long for them to reach their destination. This particular part of the hummingbird forest had a clearing where trees seemed to be a bit sparse, allowing them room to work. Koume would watch from a ways away as Yamato began to set everything up. There were a lot of seals, so it seemed that it would probably include the Rokubi in some fashion. A wide smile curled on her lips.

"I think we’re going to be training with Lord Yamato today, Roku!” The girl whispered to herself yet got no response from the Rokubi.

Nevertheless, once everything was ready to go, Yamato would invite Koume into the center of the clearing, and she would gladly join him as she sat with her legs criss-crossed. "So are you going to tell me what we’re training?” She asked excitedly.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Jun 6, 2022 8:22:07 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJun 10, 2022 9:25:39 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

Speculative Sealing

@all
"Yours is pork, mine is vegetarian."

The young lord's answer was curt as he finished preparing his seals. It wasn't until both parties were ready that his demeanor relaxed somewhat, nodding as Koume took a seat and probed him once more.

"Like I said, today we'll be uhm, attempting to improve your ability to train. Do you recall the last time we trained together? I mistakenly offered you a scroll but needed to take it back. This one specifically."

Yamato removed a familiar looking scroll along with another from one of his pouches before presenting them to her, though he didn't hand them over.

"During my time as an academy instructor, I used these scrolls to connect my chakra network to students that needed a little extra help practicing jutsu. The connection allows me to lend you my chakra, not too dissimilar from the way you have the potential to borrow chakra from your bijuu. What I had nearly... forgotten last time was connecting myself to you would have exposed me to the Rokubi, which could've been disastrous."

He carefully unrolled the scrolls in front of him as he explained, taking his time to methodically withdraw a few additional blank scrolls as well as a brush and inkwell.

"I'd like to see if I can develop a new version of this technique to securely practice with you, without exposing myself to the Rokubi. It might be a safe way for you to gain experience borrowing the power of another individual, and uhm, from what I understand you may earn the respect of your bijuu by becoming stronger?"

Yamato wasn't exactly sure how harnessing the power of a tailed beast worked, but he did know that a mutual understanding between host and beast was one component of it. If Koume seemed receptive to the idea he would begin hesitantly forming a new set of seals on one of the blank scrolls, referring to the original ones while making a few modifications of his own.

Extra notes;

Chou
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJun 16, 2022 15:44:25 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume didn’t care much about Yamato’s tone when he answered, instead she was mostly happy to know that she got part of the answer right, which caused her to become joyful and content with the world around her as the lord carried on with his sealing and what not. Once everything was set up to his liking and the two sat across from one another, it seemed as if he was finally ready to tell her exactly what they would be doing for their training.

Mentioning the previous time that the two had trained, the memory honestly slipped the girl’s mind so it wasn’t until the scroll was mentioned that Koume truly understood what he was referring to. "Ohh yeah. I remember that.” The pinkette answered, nodding her head continuously although she still didn’t understand the purpose of it all. If it wasn’t compatible because of the six tails, then why would they give it a try again. Koume’s expression fell into one of concern as soft green hues looked over Yamato as he explained the purpose of the scroll and how disastrous it could be if he were exposed to the girl’s bijuu.

Part of Koume wanted to end the training before it even got started. She didn’t want to put anyone at risk, especially not Yamato, but part of her was frozen with uncertainty - the girl didn’t want to question someone who was more experienced than she was. So who was she to tell him this wasn’t a good idea? Koume simply drew in a deep breath before falling into her mindscape.

Well look who it is. Concerned that I’m going to hurt your little friend?

All I ask is that you make this easy for me, I don’t want anything bad to happen.

Sigh Returning her gaze to Yamato, Koume would simply give him a nod, yet remaining relatively quiet on the matter. "Right.” She’d voice softly, her gaze falling towards the grass beneath them. She wasn’t sure how this would turn out, but there was no point in backing out now.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
has written 0 posts
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJun 26, 2022 1:31:04 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

Speculative Sealing

@all
Yamato placed the finishing touches on the scroll he was working on, occasionally glancing up to see how Koume was doing. He noted the conflicted expression on her face but ultimately continued with the process, finishing with an emblem of ink that looked fairly similar to the 16 point seal that held Koume's bijuu. The white-haired lord checked his work one more time before carefully rolling up the scroll and gingerly handing it to Koume, gesturing for her to place it in front of her or on her lap.

"You know how to perform the snake handseal right? Just be ready to form it when I tell you."

Once the pinkette confirmed Yamato would go back to his seal work, filling out another blank scroll. This time he seemed to be able to work much more quickly, the markings apparently requiring fewer modifications than Koume's scroll. Once he was done, he repeated the careful rolling motion of the scroll before planting it firmly in front of him. Yamato took a deep sigh as he nervously glanced at the scattered fuuin around them, eventually settling on eye contact with Koume.

"When... I count to 3, on 3, we're going to each form a handseal, you the snake seal and I the dragon. If... nothing disastrous happens at that point then erm, I'd like for you to try to perform a very simple technique, something you've practiced a lot, like... creating a simple clone or the transformation technique. Are you ready?"
He would pause to make sure that Koume confirmed before starting the count. "1... 2...3!"

As promised, Yamato formed the dragon handseal, eyes watching to make sure that Koume did her part as well. He had no idea what he was about to experience. His hope and intent was that he would experience nothing. His goal was to be the chakra donor in this exchange after all, ideally a one way connection from himself to Koume. He also theorized that if things only went half as wel, he would be exposing himself mentally to the bijuu, not in a way that would bring him harm, but would potentially allow the Rokubi to disorient him with its massive presence and force of will. And, of course, in the worst case scenario... well... Yamato wasn't sure.

Extra notes;

Chou
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJul 11, 2022 6:34:12 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Green eyes stared off into the fuin that Yamato was writing as the girl’s mind raced, so much so that despite looking at the seal as it was being drawn, Koume didn’t realize that it barred a striking resemblance to the very seal placed on her stomach until the young lord began rolling it up. "Oh?” She hummed gently, accepting the scroll from Yamato before resting it in her lap. As bad as she wanted to fidget with the scroll, she decided against it, as she didn’t know what would happen. Besides, watching Yamato write fuin was interesting.

"O..Y-Yeah of course I know the snake seal.” The girl said confidently with a forced smile, it was only human nature to have some doubt creep into the pinkette’s mind as she tried recalling each handseal that she knew.

The fuin that followed didn’t look much like the first that the man had drawn, it may have had a different purpose or it simply was just for himself, something that was only compatible for him. It didn’t take long for the Lord to finish before following suit and placing his scroll on the ground beneath him. Koume would follow suit just to be uniform. As Yamato looked towards her, she would meet his gaze as he gave her the instructions.

"Right. I’m sure everything will go smoothly!”
Isn’t that right, Roku.

Well I’m going to make sure of it.

As Yamato began to count down, Koume would take in a deep breath before sighing gently. She talked a big game, but was genuinely concerned that the Rokubi would attempt to harm Lord Yamato. Regardless, the girl hesitantly formed the snake seal in unison with the man across from her. She closed her eyes tightly as if bracing for an impact of some kind, yet nothing happened. Light broke through the darkness as she opened her eyes and found Yamato still seated across from her, she was relieved but was unsure if anything happened. However, before the girl could get the chance to perform any additional handseals, she could feel her body begin to flood with chakra as if it were meant to override something.

Her appearance began to change little by little, her nails grew longer in addition to her canines, also her eyes began glowing a luminous green as her body grew hot to the touch.

"I-I don’t think he wants anything to do with your chakra.” Koume informed the lord. The girl could feel her heart rate climb and her breathing grew heavier with every passing moment, she was nervous as to what might happen if they continued. She wanted to quit, but didn’t want to let Yamato down.

has written 0 posts
Speculative Sealing | KoumeJul 13, 2022 21:12:57 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

Speculative Sealing

@all
Yamato didn't necessarily feel that anything was off initially. He had mentally braced himself to be slammed by some sort of psychological or chakra?-based force but he felt nothing. Looking at Koume revealed an entirely different story, however. He saw the telltale signs of the bijuu's influence over his assistant and so even if Koume didn't stop the process Yamato halted it immediately. The white-haired shinobi released his handseal and severed the chakra connection, slumping as he let out a shaky breath that he didn't realize he had been holding.

"I'm... inclined to agree with your assessment. Erm.. did the bijuu say anything to you? Just to be sure that... transformation wasn't intentional, was it? Are you alright?"

First Yamato wanted to check in on the girl, but if she confirmed that she was physically fine he would turn check to see that the seals on the ground around them were unbroken before unraveling his scroll. Provided that Koume was good to continue, he would also gesture for her to hand back the scroll he had given her, unraveling just beside his own to scrutinize his handiwork.

"I... would like to make some adjustments to the seals and try again, but more importantly, would you be comfortable with that? I can't accurately assess your control over the bijuu's chakra and so if you believe there's even the slightest possibility it might get out of hand it's best we stop here and do some more preliminary research."

Extra notes;

Chou
Speculative Sealing | KoumeOct 15, 2022 7:15:29 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
There were plenty of doubts running through the girl's mind as she sat across from Lord Yamato with their chakra linked. Koume could spew out a million reasons as to why she thought this was a completely horrible idea, however there was still a bunch of trust that was placed on the guy’s shoulders - he did know what he was doing after all. Right? Well maybe that wasn’t exactly the case. The longer the two remained with their chakra intertwined - the more it seemed to anger and upset the bijuu within her so much so that the force from the six tail’s chakra alone managed to create a whirlwind throughout the surrounding area. It was definitely a lot for Koume to control.

As the connection between their chakra came to an end, Koume would cut her eyes towards the Lord, giving the man a somewhat worried look before sighing gently beneath her breath. It seemed as if Yamato agreed that there seemed to be some miscommunication between Koume, Rokubi, and himself of course. However there wasn’t much else that needed to be explained…the six tail’s wanted no part of Yamato’s chakra and was actively fighting against it as the two exchanged words. "Y-Yeah..I’m alright.” Koume answered before turning her attention to the slug.

Hey..why the hell are you stopping me from sharing chakra with Lord Yamato yet you’re still selfish enough to gatekeep your own…what the hell is that about?

Simple. He’s a puny weak human, much like you. However, since I have no obligation in serving him then I’d suggest he stay out. Besides, why link chakra with him when you have me?

Koume sat confused by the Rokubi’s logic but was way too out of it to push the issue any further. The girl returned her attention to Yamato as she nodded in agreement. "Right! That sounds…fine to me.” The latter portion of her statement sounding a bit more worrisome than the rest. Nevertheless, Koume brought her hands together, forming the snake seal, as she tried to link chakra with Yamato.

has written 0 posts