The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 17, 2022 22:04:20 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday rank Elite Jounin occupation Head Medical Operative
Anegel of Death lingers
"Ahh I see our guest has risen to the world once more...very promising..."

Aiya would remain close to the room's entrance, looking over her patient with a calm expression. Her care had managed to stop the bleeding that had been caused by the lost appendage, and now she was recovering within one of the isolated rooms within the hospital. In truth, the knowledge of such a critical patient had been a buzz across the building, but such information of just whom it was that had been taken to intensive care was a secret to most members of staff. But for good reason of course...

It wasn't often that a Hyuuga was a guest in Amegakure...

"My name is Takehara Aiya...we did not have much time to speak upon your arrival here...I was too busy saving your life...you are welcome...naturally...you did have quite the large amount of lost blood..."

Despite her duty to aid the sick and dying, Aiya was more than a bit curious of the prospects of just the true nature of the sudden turn for the woman to be treated with such kindness rather than swift execution? If nothing else, the loss of her eyes would have been satisfaction enough.

But, it appeared that the powers that be wished her life, and she was not one to take their words for mere suggestion...especially when it came to her job.

"You will not enjoy the prospect of a lost limb...but I imagine life is a worthy trade in consideration my dear..."

Taking a napkin to her lips after having tasted a bit of fruit in her observation of Shodaime, the head medic would then draw forth a small light as she allowed it a brief click before extending it outward toward the woman's face, inspecting her vision.

"Can you tell me the time day at this moment? I wish to be sure of your awareness...."

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Tag:    | Words: | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 53 posts
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 18, 2022 16:20:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Shodaime would awaken. She would look around at what she could see around her. It looked like a hospital room, but not one she was familiar with. It was similar to the hospital rooms in Konoha, but the feeling of it was different. To her right was a woman, she had never seen her before, but the woman was talking to her. She tried to focus and listen to her but she couldn't. As the woman continued to talk she went to put her left hand on her head to rub her head, but that wasn't possible. When she attempted this, nothing would happen. Shodaime would look down at her left arm or her left side as it was now, to see that it was completely gone.

That's right, she thought, that Konoha nin had cut through her defenses and severed her arm. Before she could speak the woman, whom she now learned was Takehara Aiya, would shine a light in her eyes, causing her to squint from the bright light before being asked a question by the woman. She had asked her what the time of day is. She looked towards the windows to see that the sun was in it's highest position.

"It seems like it's mid-day." Shodaime would answer the woman before asking a question. "Where am I?" She would ask, trying to figure out her current position.
last edit by Hyūga Shodaime on Jun 20, 2022 17:11:58 GMT -5
Shodaime has written 355 posts
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 19, 2022 23:04:50 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"A wise choice...very good Shodaime-san.."

Holding the light away, she'd continue her examination as the woman began to question just where she was, prompting Aiya to pull out her chart and begin to jot something down upon the page.

"Currently you are being held within a secret medical observation room....Considering your previous and...current state, it was advised that you be brought her to gain medical attention..."

Upon finishing, she'd move around the side of the bed to look over the condition of the now defunct appendage. The healing process was considerable, but she would gain no praise for a well done task. Not that she needed it, she was more than aware of her skill and the village knew of her value. She imagined by now that Konohagakure would be missing their head medic sorely with what she had heard from the reports.

"I imagine you have many questions for me, so I will be as honest with my responses as I possibly can...which is very little I'm afraid...I know only that you are to remain here until you are fit and I can only assume that after that you will be given a summons from those in charge...."

Putting the documentation down, the woman would then hold her hands behind her back.

"But if we are speaking plainly...I am quite an admirer of your skill Shodaime-san...perhaps not to the degree that I would copy...but a medic can always praise the work of another..."

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 20, 2022 19:15:06 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Aiya had finally removed the light from Shodaime's face once she found her answer satisfactory. She then learned that she was being held at a secret medical observation room. She figured this was probably to see if she would try to leave or do something that would betray the trust that brought her here in the first place. Aiya would move to her side to examine her lost arm. It would take a long time, but Shodaime hoped she would be able to get back to her full power that she had before losing her arm. She had come back from worse already, having survived a huge amount of explosive tags at close range during her first Chunin Exams.

Aiya then would go on to compliment her skills as a medic, seemingly knowing about her from Sansosuke or the intel that any hidden village was likely to gather on enemy nations.

"I appreciate your kind words, it's always nice to be appreciated by fellow medics." Shodaime would smile a bit before asking her question to Aiya. "How long will it take for me to get back to my full strength? I want to be as useful to Amegakure as I have been to Konohagakure. I know I only have one arm currently, but there has to be work arounds to get me back to where I was." She would say with a determined look. She wouldn't let this setback hold her back from being able to fulfill her duties as a kunoichi.
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 21, 2022 12:23:59 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"That can come in many forms my dear...but I imagine if you truly wish to be of aid to the village, it will become apparent in time..."

Her examination of the area of inflammation was narrowly showing rejection to any of her treatment thus far, but she imagined that time would tell as she had only just arrived. Losing a limb was always detrimental to any patient and could be responded to in many ways. Though she was in a current mindset that appeared at peace or at least in relative resolve to recover, it was still early.

"As to your question....that..as always...depends on your drive to recover...medically, your body has been weakened due to events of your...ahem..arrival...but aside from your injury, there is no more I can do save for allow you to rest. If I were to make an estimate..I would say that you will physically be well within the week...but..."

A small smile crossed her lips as she leaned forward as she held her gaze with her own.

"We both know that any guest that comes from a foreign nation and is still an unknown...has far more to prove before they will be even remotely allowed to so much as breath outside a room with four walls..."

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 21, 2022 19:58:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Aiya would tell Shodaime that she should be back to strength within the week. She wanted to be able to help her new home to the best of her abilities, but it seemed like that wouldn't be possible for the time being. She was told by Aiya that she would be kept under observations in this room. It was clear from her tone and way she talked to Shodaime, that they didn't entirely trust her, especially since she was from an enemy nation. She figured it was only natural for the shinobi of Amegakure to be distrustful of a shinobi who came into their village on a stretcher.

"I understand that the village is wary of me, I would be too if the same thing happened to me. But I can assure you, I wouldn't have come to Amegakure if I didn't think I wouldn't be welcomed here." Shodaime would say to Aiya. "Besides I have a friend in a high place who would be able to help me out." She would say referring to Sanosuke, the lone Hyuga she knew of that was outside of the clan from Konohagakure. She wouldn't have placed her life in his hands, if she didn't trust him.

"Besides we all know we can't keep me cooped up here forever, it would stifle the progress on my recovery."
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 21, 2022 20:46:49 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"That so? Heh heh...Interesting..."

Aiya would continue to hold her smile as she then pulled back and then looked around the room. In truth, the woman was indeed right, she wasn't going to fully recover within such a confined space. But then again, she wasn't able to get far within it either.

"I've paid you several compliments...allow my next suggestion to take root...when I state...that perhaps this place will make do for now...you do not wish to see what lays beyond these walls...not yet..."

With that, Aiya would then pick up her chart before then holding a calm expression.

"Recovery is within both body and mind...let us work on the mind first shall we?"

In taking a seat, the woman would then speak directly toward her, her legs crossed as she narrowed her eyes.

"You came to Amegakure for what reason of aid? Speak freely...remember? I am a medic and am sworn to secrecy among all else...in more ways than one..."

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 21, 2022 21:17:12 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
The woman continued to puzzle Shodaime. Her manner of speaking, the way she would act around her. She wasn't sure what game she was trying to play, but it seemed like she had to continue to play her games for now. She couldn't help but agree though with Aiya's assertion, that recovery is within both the Body and Mind. You don't just have to work on recovering your physical strength when injured, but what happens in your mind. The trauma just doesn't run above the skin. She knew this as a medical nin, but it seems the injuries and being in a different location that she was used to clouded her judgement and caused her mind to go all over the place.

"You're right, Aiya. I do need to work on recovering my mind." Shodaime would say properly acknowledging what she had said. She would then begin to speak freely about why she escaped to Amegakure. "I ran from Konohagakure. Some people may see it as stupid, but, I ran because my love with a missing-nin was going to be revealed to the entire village. Usually I'm pretty level headed, but I panicked. I didn't think of any other way out of this situation, so I ran to the one place I knew I had a friend. Though running here and defecting didn't come without it's consequences. I'm sure by now the branch members of my clan are being put under more scrutiny and a watchful eye for what I've done. I've almost lost my arm. Even in the most advanced techniques I've never seen a person be able to regrow a limb, though it's something I'm going to have to live with now. Even though I've lost my position as the Head Medic of Konohagakure, I feel more free here in this small room than I ever did living there."
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 26, 2022 11:01:33 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"Intersting..."

Despite her clear comfortability being less than normal for most, it seemed that Shodaime was capable of adjusting as she began to explain her actions. It was reasonable, it not romanticized in certain points, but then often we did a lot of things that seemed outlandish in the name of things we wanted. It simply was the way the mind worked...or perhaps it was the heart and soul of how people worked. In the long run, a person had the freedom to choose for themselves in what why they wished to live. Of course, that also came with consequences as society held a set of rules to behavior. In any village, that was one thing that seemed to hold true as a common social cue.

As Aiya listened, her hand resting beneath her face, she could see the calm demeanor of the woman in front of her, and continued to analyze the truth within her words. It was one of the reasons why she had been such a good operative in the past. She had not been in the inner circle simply because she was beautiful or out of charity. It was due to her ability to percieve truth. A clan trait, but everyone had their talents.

"So now that you have your freedom...will you return to your lover? Perhaps after you have paid your debt to Ame?"

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

[/spoiler]

[/div][/div][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div]
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jun 26, 2022 15:53:20 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
During her explanation, Shodaime continued to try to figure out what the woman talking with her was trying to get at. What was her motivation for wondering why she had defected. She figured it was to see if she was being truthful to her, so she wouldn't betray Amegakure, like she had done with Konoha. Shodaime knew she wouldn't go back to Konoha, she had left that life behind her. As much as it pained her, the poor treatment of side branch members in the Hyuuga clan had forced her hand. She was the head medic of Konoha, yet the main branch still treated her as if she was a lowly servant to the main branch. She knew Shigure was working to get the clan integrated into one unified clan and there would be no segregation, but there was no telling how long that would take. There was also the problem of her love with Kayaku had been found out by Shigure and Kazuto. It was only a matter of time that she would've been ousted from her position and tried for treason.

"I guess I do owe Amegakure a life debt." Shodaime would say answering Aiya's question. "If it weren't for them, I would've surely died out there in the forest. I will do what I must to pay back what I owe." She would say calmly. If it weren't for Sanosuke and the JITE members being out there at the time of her defection she would've died to the Konoha nin chasing her.
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jul 2, 2022 22:04:43 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"I see..."

If Aiya was a betting woman, she'd expect that much of what the woman was hoping to provide was knowledge as a fair trade. Perhaps even the secrets of the Hyuuga Clan. Which, were all valuable bits of information. But, would it really be enough? It was a heavy call to betray one's home, she imagined that it had to take quite a lot to push the woman this far. The idea of love being the starting point just seemed too cliché. But who was she to say what love could make a person do.

Even she had her limits also...

"I am pleased to such words...and forgive me if it seems as though I am prying. Much like any individual, I take the safety of my home seriously. Though your words appear honest in their intent.."

After stating this, the woman would rise up from her seat, bowing politely as she then began to make her way toward the exit.

"If your lover does not wish to see you...what then?"
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

[/spoiler]

[/div][/div][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div]
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jul 3, 2022 17:11:50 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would lean back in the bed as she listened to what Aiya was saying to her. She had every intention of giving her all in helping Amegakure, just as she gave years of service to serving Konoha. She hoped she could raise in the ranks, like she had done in Konoha and be able to help the village prosper into a major power of the shinobi world instead of a minor power. It was a difficult decision to betray one's home, but after years of abuse from the Main Branch and with no intervention from the Hokage or anyone in higher power, it left her with no choice. Her decision to leave would be solidified when Kayaku returned to her life. For years, she was lied to by the Main Branch and the very village she had given her life to. They told her he was dead, yet when he returned, that couldn't have been further from the truth.

This thought would then lead to Aiya asking "What if Kayaku wouldn't want to see you?"

"I don't think he would ever leave me, even for defecting from Konoha. He and I are very similar, outcasts from a village who don't want us anymore. He'll be here in Amegakure in due time"
The Angel of Death Lingers[Shodaime]Jul 3, 2022 19:47:57 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Anegel of Death lingers
"P erhaps..."

Aiya would look toward Shodaime and hold a calm expression for a moment. Similarities....or likeness...were these the foundational stones in which people based relationships upon these days? It came down to the reasoning behind the choice that the woman had made and perhaps...even some that Aiya had made in her own life. It was a sobering experience, but hardly was there time to reflect on it further in that moment.

Besides...what happened in the past...should stay buried there...

"I do hope that you're faith is rewarded Shodaime.....it truly should be...."

In saying this, the woman would make her way out of the room, looking toward her before shutting the door.

"I will return in due time to check in on you again....please...be sure to use your energy wisely in the meantime..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION