Machines of War, Commerce, and Convenience!

compose a reply
Machines of War, Commerce, and Convenience!Jun 18, 2022 9:23:27 GMT -5
Waruichi Asuna
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Waruichi Asuna Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday rank Genin occupation
Hello my friends!

Simpler suggestion I thought to throw out as I think we have had more than a few applications on this sort of field in the past year or so pertaining to vehicular structures in all their forms!

Vehicles as far as I know are often times apped not for particular characters, but villages! As such I feel its also in the right mind to judge non-personal vehicles as something almost seperate from equipment in and of itself! While I think they should definitely 1000% follow the ability confines of a sword or other, I thought that it may be best if they were given a limited sort of slotting like weapons are, but possibly for the village.

Perhaps tie it to the village rating even! The higher the rating the more caravans, the more naval ships, airships, or trains! I think it really livens the reason to build things like railroads and expand trade routes between allies as we have seen, or actively try to plunder it as is entirely possible on the mission boards and our sites rules. Im not posting this with some crazy draft in mind, but I think it would be a great way to explore more of the military side as well as commerce itself.

This mostly sparks from the fact that its semi-benign to me that a village can say they have hundreds of navy ships, sure, but those ships 'belong to' a person. Large naval ships in the real world are often manned by hundreds if not close to a thousand personelle! To me it would make more sense if it was discussed potentially as an avenue.

In the same light, making any vehicle out of a special material being only counted as A ability to me seems like a good move as well, as long as the properties recieved are only the absolute bare-bones of the material like Ranmantaru steel being light weight and hyper durable, but none of the conductivity since its used for so much that you couldnt spread chakra that much without some seriously large groups using chakra? Even more reason to crew them with actual crews! And even in that case, leave that to a reactive ability of its own, don't rely on just the material. I could likely name another, but off the top of my head the only other material to come to mind would be the blood wood thats just super good at being chakra conductive, which doesnt strike me as the best material for anything except a few, but that goes to show our current lack of special materials being listed as exports or inports even.

Just food for thought in my eyes on the matter.

As final note, I dont think letting people make personal ships or such should be disallowed either, just that I think village owned vehicles would be a nice touch. Especially to places like Ame, Yuki, Kumo, and Kiri. I can see Iwa, Konoha, and Suna GREATLY benefitting from the caravans being made and used actively in missions as well with abilities focused towards good storage or the like as well to help promote village rating growth as well even... eyes in the beholder really.
Wisp has written 148 posts

quick reply

compose a reply