compose a reply
From: Hatchling To: Old ScalesJul 5, 2022 12:49:21 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Sensei,

I hope that this letter finds you in good timing after a month or so. I have stopped my travels for the moment in the Country of Birds, though I do not understand the reason for the name of this country yet. It is a lot of open field with little to no real signs of creatures other than the normal wild game... perhaps the pidgeons have been plentiful? It is all arbitrary thought, perhaps you have more knowledge to the country's origins what with your vast knowledge of this land.

I have been practicing to accumulate knowledge in being helped by my companions without being able to use Senjutsu, though the tattoo is helping to allow me some form of practice... though its gone very poor as of the moment. The tattoo has now saved me on four occassions, which is an upsetting detail to report. I am also taking bounty jobs out this way, if you would ever care to join me for a time, I truly believe we could tackle some of the larger odd jobs in these countries.

In searching I have also acquired knowledge in rumor to a man out this way who may have once been a shinobi? There have been many mentions of a senile old monk who can make his body sturdy, set his fists ablaze, or ride the wind... it sounds like a load of bull, but what is interesting is people keep calling him a 'Tattooed' Monk... I will report back if I learn something more interesting.

I will send another in a month,

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Jul 5, 2022 12:50:49 GMT -5
Wisp has written 291 posts
From: Hatchling To: Old ScalesJul 19, 2022 18:13:14 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
You'll do it my way, or I'll do it myself.
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
age 158 years old birthday 11/12 rank Elite Jounin occupation Sannin
[newclass=.mitsuda]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda b]color:#337733;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda i]color:#687768;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Mitsuda carefully opened the letter, his eyes furrowed down as he looked at it without much expectation. As he read, a subtle but musing smile would appear on his face. As he finished, he gathered a quill pen and parchment of his own, writing his response by hand. His handwriting was a horrid mess, but still legible, and ironically held a timely curve in its letters that could easily be seen as something practiced long ago, and perhaps even in other languages.

Yakitsukeru,

You seem to be enjoying yourself in the Country of Birds, and it sounds as though your training there has been more than fruitful. Perhaps the snakes have forced them away. There are predators in their lands now, no?

Do yourself a favor. Learn what you can while in other countries. Take pride in your origin but note the differences in fighting styles and cultures. This knowledge alone can improve your mind and awareness when facing against both future friend and foe.
Watch your back in other lands. I would look forward to joining you in the future. Perhaps the next time you set out you will have this skill under your belt.

No. I will make sure that you do.

I can’t say that I’ve heard of a man who has earned himself such a tale, though I’ll admit I’m intrigued. Let me know what you find. Perhaps I can do my own research from here.

I look forward to your reply,

Mitsuda

The Sage sealed the envelope, attached it to a hawk and let it take flight. Normally, he would simply send a snake of his own, but it was a far journey, and he wanted to make sure it would reach her.

mint has written 55 posts
From: Hatchling To: Old ScalesAug 10, 2022 16:19:37 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Sensei,

I would not refer to my current position as either enjoyment nor truly educational. Not at the time I respond to your own letter anyways. It is barren of true conflict that I can enjoy and and less so for lessons of the moment. The hermit is willing, but I think there is something seriously wrong with him. It is honestly harder than you would imagine to tell. I am taking most of his rambling with a grain of salt here.

As for culture and fighting, I have seen plenty to report it doesn't exist. In five minutes I could dismantle an entire clan of bandits, and last I checked that shouldn't be so simple for a genin. Yet I got away with it without any issue. So I do not know what 'fighting style' I could possibly learn from all of this. I am trying to learn about the seals this geezer can produce hopefully before he croaks. If its after though... I think he keeps notes? Its really hard to tell from my first scan of his home, but I think I could manage to take away a good bit from this place... perhaps we can monitize my findings of his research... though that seems slightly dishonest. Information that is given to the masses is information that can still be controled for benefit though no?

I patiently await your reply and council.

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts