compose a reply
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Good Morning,

It may not be morning when this letter finds you, but it is morning for me when I write this and frankly I don't care if its inappropriate. I have left the village for a journey to learn, but I am not neglecting the training that we started. While you were busy with, what I assume, was some big important mission, I finally comprehended the basics of Katon. I can mold the nature now and I have promptly graduated the academy under the guidance of the sage Mitsuda-Dono. He is a prickly man, but at least interesting. He certainly wasn't holding back when he beat me up on our initial meeting... fond memory honestly compared to the academy. Perhaps that is part of why I have decided you are worth sending letters to.

My next element to master shall be Doton, since our exploration with your strings I feel I have the inkling of a grasp on the element. Its sturdier constitution makes it difficult, but studying the earth by travelling bare foot during the day as done wonders to teach me about the experience of the element. I can't say I have grasped how to create it, but I shall update you in a month.

Don't you dare die before I return,

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tomomi,

I have found carnage, and it was merciless. Rather, I was merciless. I killed a variably large number of bandits yesterday, and while I find that temptually interesting... it was surprisingly simple. I snuck in by night, set tags to their tents and let them blast away. Forty men in a matter of seconds, dead by my hands. It stuns me that I am capable of such feats, though I hold no hatred for it. I can not say I enjoyed it either though... that feels like a line that should not be personally crossed on the path I walk.

Speaking of paths, I have been pondering the flame, and now the earth and air. Doton's mastery seems interestingly more difficult than originally was intended. It is the opposing form of Katon. Katon burns and lasts only a time, but Doton is sturdy and lasting... far more so than the other four elements. While Katon and Raiton seem to be energy incarnate, Suiton and Futon fall more on the concepts of Manipulation of what already exists, or creating more... that process is also interesting but I do not have material to study it by. Perhaps you can help me glean insight into the matter? I would appreciate it.

Either way, I endure to find deeper entry to the path of earth style. If you wish to reply, perhaps seek the sage... or don't its your choice after all.

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Aug 10, 2022 15:59:12 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

A day is being had,

Hello my mentor of elements, I hope that your own studies have lead you to new horizons. I inform you that I have completed my training of the element of earth and have moved to the natural element that bridges between katon and doton. The strongest response to flames and the weakest response to earth; water. It is so far a completely useless endeavor, but Bird Country seems to have no water for me to try and use outside of creeks and ponds. I feel these mediums too small for my own needs within them.

Perhaps you have pointers you can try to send my way now that I have a more solidified address. It isn't an easy thing to stay in one place, but with the Hermit being here I have found a small village that, while I doubt my welcome, I find quant and have been staying nearby for my own purposes. Its easiest to sustain off the land, but being able to trade is nice on occasion. I am close I feel to learning the basics of whatever secrets this man holds so dear to him.

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

I take back my location, it would seem I have been called back home for some arbitrary trip to Kumogakure for relief. This is an absurd ordeal if I am honest with you. I refuse to let farmers, especially, suffer though. So I could not deny a summons back to the land of the leaf. I still hate this place Tomomi. I still hate this land, but it is tolerable now that I can come and go. Perhaps I can call it home again eventually, but I am not strong enough to call it my own.

Bitter as I am to report I have nothing to show for progress in understanding the natural flow of Suiton. It is fluid, but in a way that opposes my very nature, this will take time that I am not yet willing to commit I do not believe. I should likely not complain to you too much, but I can not work upon this topic once more with you and I believe still knowing the fundamentals of the elements will allow me to understand the fundamentals of nature in manner comprehensive enough that I will not be a threat to myself by doing so.

I will contact you in person shortly, letters to resume after whatever surprise Mitsuda has waiting for me on my return.

Yakitsukeru

TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here