Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]

compose a reply
Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]Jul 11, 2022 15:11:24 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

"What a strange place...

Daisuke had never been to the Whirlpool country before, despite it's closeness to Kaminari no kuni. It was something of an inbetween place between his home and the water countr, much of the trade between the two nations first going through this place rather than straight from one nation to the next. Mizu no kuni was strange that way, though, he felt. While his country did not see them as enemies, it seemed any ally of Konohagakure and the Fire country was not welcome within their nation. He had tried to go once before, but was denied purchase of a ticket in the past, and didn't think that situation would change any time soon with their current command. Too bad. Daisuke would have loved to see what that place looked like in person, but it seemed this would be as far as he could go for now.

While he was previously given leave to travel from Kaede and their last Raikage, Kyuumu Riku, since Oba-kage had taken over and made him her assistant, the young sage had not made it out of the country until these past few days. It was nice to be out again, even though his repreave would be rather short lived. A week, to be specific, before he would be called back to the Raikage's tower and put to work.

It wasn't so bad, though, he thought. Kizumi was a much easier leader to work with that Riku had been, in his opinion. While he didn't have many interactions with the man, well, none at all aside from their initial meeting, he always felt the Kyuumu was a bit lax in his position. True, he had no real objections to the man while he was in charge, but knowing Kizumi was a bit more hands on made her much easier to follow. Not to mention she seemed to take a liking to him enough to keep him close and make Daisuke her assistant.

'And she's not too bad to look at, either.' Daisuke thought with a small chuckle, bringing the last bite of dango to his lips and tossing away the stick. "Speaking of...

Daisuke's familiar smirk soon came across his lips spotting a figure not to far away from him. He'd seen her out of the corner of his eye, his gaze tracking her slightly absent minded until she had turned for him to get a decent look. She wore a large cloak, black with lines of blue around the cuffs, but as she turned, it seemed she had quite the bod.

"Bombshell...” He muttered under his breath. "I guess the Whirlpool country isn't so bad after all. Alright. How to play this...

His eyes narrowed slightly as the wheels in his mind began to turn, thinking about the best way to approach her without coming off to strongly.

"Pardon me, miss,” he eventually said, striding up to her through the crowd, his eyes once more turning up and down her figure before meeting her gaze. Hopefully she hadn't caught him lingering at her hips a second too long. "You from around here by chance? I was hoping you might be able to recommend somewhere with a decent bite and a strong drink?

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

Temp By: Akira
Matt has written 205 posts
Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]Jul 14, 2022 18:55:58 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi didn't get out much. At least, that was the teasing joke she had heard that had inspired this trip outside of the village borders. Hell, the fresh Chuunin also felt a bit of pride at being able to freely leave and move as she wanted now.

When the brave academy student insisted she didn't get out much because of her brash attitude, though, she made it a priority to take an adventure the next day. That's what she was doing now, mostly. It was on the boring side, though.

She had only ever came through this area when she was heading to or from a mission, and had never paid it much mind. The water was beautiful, and the bustling open market was fun.

For a while, at least. She wondered a bit why anyone ever did make an effort to get out much. She needed something to do.

"Eh?" She sounded as she heard the voice talking to her. She faced the man head on, hands crossed under her chest. As he looked her up and down, she did the same. Eyes lingering on the headband more than anything else.

"A bit far from home, aren't ya?" She asked, raising a brow. "If you want to get fat and drunk, well... I can't give you any options. I don't exactly know the area that great."

After all, she didn't get out much.

"I can help you look, though. Think I saw some places by the coast that had seats outside."

Maybe she did find something to do after all.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]Jul 15, 2022 13:27:35 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

His eyes would again shift over the woman's figure, taking note of the kirigakure symbol she seemed to wear as a belt.

"No further from home than you.” The young sage said with a small shift of his expression, arms crossing over his chest. Oddly enough, Daisuke could not think to himself if he had ever met anyone from the mist village. He knew their reputation, and he knew the Mizukage had his reasons for keeping himself and his people cut off from the rest of the world. It was an interesting first to find someone from such a shrouded place.

Daisuke's brow would raise, furrowing lightly at the mention of "getting fat and drunk," but it would bring a smirk to his face nonetheless.

"Is that your first thought whenever lunch gets brought up? Drunk, sure, but fat?” Daisuke said with a small chuckle. "You gotta live a little, babe. If you're into food, eat your heart out. Can't be so concerned of what everyone else is thinkin', if that's your worry. If not, well...” Daisuke's eyes would again drift over the woman's figure, perhaps laying his interests on a bit too thick. "I'd hardly say you have anything to worry about otherwise.

His arms dropped to his sides, hands navigating into his pockets slightly before he'd begin to follow the city streets to the east and find his food and drink. If she still decided to join him, though, Daisuke would be quite happy to see her by his side, quite curious to find out about her homeland. "I'm Daisuke, by the way.” He started, tilting his head to the side a moment, his eyes gazing around from the various street vendors that littered the road just ahead of them.

Before he spoke again, though, the young sage would take in a deeper breath, his conversations with Shigure and Miho coming back to his mind. Both of them had told him to drop the tough guy, rough around the edges kind of demeanor. It was harder to like someone who immediately made you feel like you were on guard. Of course, that was a part of it for him. Daisuke couldn't grow attached that way. It was harder to get feelings for someone if you knew they didn't think too kindly of you in the first place. It was all just an act for him because he was just as afraid of being alone and being hurt by someone close to him as he was afraid of commitment. He hated the idea of letting people in, to be honest. It was easier to be distant. But perhaps... Perhaps this time, he would try it their way.

"So, Mizu-no-kuni, huh?” Daisuke finally said, his eyes drifting to meet the woman's gaze for a moment before his attention turned back to the road ahead. "Gotta tell me what that's like. I tried to get in once, but your boss isn't too fond of outsiders it seems. Heard it's beautiful. I'm quite a fan of the oceans myself, you know. Part of me thinks if I wasn't from the cloud, the mist would be a pretty good place to be, objectively speaking.

last edit by Kojima Daisuke on Jul 20, 2022 7:43:35 GMT -5
Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]Jul 29, 2022 11:50:14 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

It was strange to meet someone completely out of the loop, for once. Someone who hadn't heard of the demon murderer that kills and kills and lives off of it. Someone that saw her as just... another person. Another person from a different village, at least. She had to maintain her guard for that reason, at least. She wasn't going to slip up and give him anything he could take advantage of.

Though, by the look of his gaze as he spoke, it wasn't her village that he was trying to take advantage of.

The thought made Kasumi let out a light chuckle. He was bold, and honest. None of that strange fake personality crap that so many people seemed to have. She wasn't sure what the feeling she was getting from him looking at her like that, but she was pretty sure it was something she enjoyed. Power of some kind.

"Right... we're both far from home. Don't worry about me, though, I have nothing against getting fat and drunk. I've never actually had a drink, but I'm sure it's nothing crazy."

She'd say with a shrug, eyes looking over the boy once more. Not long before she would turn towards a restaurant and motion for him to follow.

"Mizu-no-kuni. Yes. It is beautiful, but that's all I can really say about it. The mountains of your hometown probably don't hold a candle. Rocks are kind of boring, aren't they?"

She'd walk a few steps before looking back at the boy once more for a second.

"You know... when you approached me, you had a different style about you. All polite and crap. What was that about? Some trick you play to pick up chicks or something?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Demon Cat and the Mad Wolf [Kasumi]Jul 29, 2022 16:08:51 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

Daisuke's eyes turned to the woman beside him, peering over at her without averting his gaze from the path ahead.

"Kaminari no kuni has it's own beauty. It's not all rocks like Tsuchi. There's vast forests, lakes, and we still have our own beaches. Might not have any of that pearlecent white sand like I've heard you guys have, but,” he shrugged, "that doesn't take away from it in my eyes. Plus, I can't get enough of that weather. Cloudy gray skies or rain and thunderstorms for nine months of the year? Only place I'd like more is the rain country.

While nothing he had mentioned was a lie, he did intentionally leave out the mention of Tsuki-no-yama, the home of the wolves. Daisuke himself had lived there for almost three years now, maybe longer. And it was gorgeous in his eyes. It was surrounded with thick trees, rivers, ponds, not to mention the crystal caves. And the moon was always so bright over those lands. Like you could almost reach out and touch it on some nights. Maybe someday, if they happened to grow closer, he could take the woman there and show her himself.

The young sage took a deep breath, letting out a small chuckle at her next accusation though, as if she could have seen right through him. "Man, that obvious?” Daisuke said, turning to her with a hearty laugh. "It's a bad habbit I'm trying to break.” The young sage admitted with a light shrug as his hand reached up to scratch the back of his head. "I've had a handful of friends tell me that I gotta knock that shit off. I'm a man of many masks, they say, and it's all just to put up one wall after another.

Kota would have been shocked to see Daisuke admit all of this with a smile on his face. He never admitted his faults the way he just did, and it was a rare sight to see him being so genuine.

"We've all got our issues though. Mine's letting people in. It's just so much easier to play the asshole or the womanizer, and know off the bat that people aren't going to want to get close. And if they do, it's just for momentary relief before they always fade away. Keeping people around has never really been a strong suite of mine.

Daisuke would raise his brow afterwards, though, circling back to what the woman had said before about never having a drink. "But back to what you said before,” He said with a small pause, turning his head to a small shop before he'd turn back to the woman he was travelling with. "Never had a drink, huh?” He asked, turning their direction to head to the place that was in his sights. "Well, fair warning, if you share a drink with me, there is a very real chance I won't be able to stop myself from hitting on you,” the sage said with a light hearted laugh. "But I'll tell you what. Do me the honor of letting me buy you your first drink, and I'll do my best to keep my hands to myself.