compose a reply
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 24, 2022 1:20:40 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull
age 12 years old birthday 9/21/-4sd rank Academy Student occupation Being Nosy

A Diamond In The Rough

Not for the first time nor likely for the last time would Kyoko curse her short legs as she leapt between grates and scrambled over pipes in the rain. Her fingers digging into the metal fastenings as water pelted down her back from where her wide brimmed straw hat had been knocked off to hang about her neck. Exposing said neck to the summer rain and leaving a stream of water to drip down her spine as she hauled herself up and onto a ledge. Pushing long wet azure soaked locks from her face the academy student let out an annoyed huff as she eyed her next leap. Her brain turning over the mathematics of the jump as she calculated the distance, run speed, and force she'd need to hurl herself across the chasm or risk dropping herself into one of the many water laden channels below.

"Ok you can do this." She muttered to herself eyeing the distance once more before she flung herself forward. Only in that moment once she was over open air realizing she'd failed to take into account her wet footing and the lack of traction needed to make said jump. As with a loud yelp the girl began to fall. Her arms flailing out desperate to catch anything to slow her descent... only to feel her hand connect not with a pipe, but a face.
Made by Keen of NFB

last edit by Tenchi Kyoko on Jul 26, 2022 1:09:39 GMT -5
Keen has written 82 posts
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 10:56:05 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation

[googlefont="Playfair Display"][googlefont="Alice"]

I really can't remember if I'm insane or insomniac

There was a wild Squeakers in the area, which wasn't extremely uncommon--while the recluse had a tendency to keep himself tucked away in the shadows beneath the city, he had many roles and responsibilities in the surface world. And he was happy to do them! He loved his job! Even if the demon in his spirit was convincing him otherwise.
    Today, the short man had decided to check out the academy and see if there were any students struggling with any of their lessons, where he might be able to step in and offer some extra-curricular training to get them caught up on their studies. He was getting tired of teaching the students how to make clones or the transformation technique for the trillionth time, but training up the next generation of shinobi was something he felt endlessly important--even if incredibly dull. And Squeakers liked dull things--but he much preferred them for his own tasks. Training for himself, missions for himself, studying for himself. He'd never minded helping others--training with or lecturing peers and those of lower ranks, but when it was all you did...
    Sheesh...
    Squeakers rubbed the base of his neck, the downpour of rain tapping against the hood of his rain coat. In the dark of Amegakure, Squeakers was a bright beacon of--well, he wasn't really sunshine, but he was yellow.
    His internal monologuing and conversations with his beast were temporarily placed on hold when he heard scampering from above and glanced up to see a child running around on the higher surfaces.
    Amegakure didn't have the usual constructions that other villages did--everything was warped, twisted, slanted, and otherwise more dangerous in constructed design. And the addition of rain making everything slippery made it all the more so. Squeakers wasn't going to say a child shouldn't be taking to higher places--many homes were located high up in the village within the mighty towers of the city--and many children did know how to safely operate despite the dangerous conditions. It was their native village, after all, and those kinds of skills were vital.
    But they weren't inherent.
    And Squeakers knew that, too.
    So while he wasn't about to start barking at the kid to get down and stop doing dangerous things, he was prepared for things to turn south--and there was little surprise in him, either, when it did.
    Quickly rushing forward and leaping up the side of the building, Squeakers reached out his hands to catch the child and successfully snatched her from the air where she had been otherwise falling. Only for the flailing girl to connect her hand with the hard surface of his mask--a loud slap! following.
    Thankfully for him, the mask was always placed rather securely, and it wasn't made out of light materials that could be so easily destroyed. Still, though, the strike did move it slightly--not flying off of his face but surely shifting to the side more than he would have liked.
    "Whoa there!" Squeakers jumped from where he'd landed himself on the side of the building, leaping up to the nearest platform that he could before setting the girl down once more. He readjusted his mask to fix it into place. "That was pretty dangerous! You could have gotten seriously injured, you know, or worse!" He chuckled, then waved a hand that was concealed in black fabric in a dismissive nature. "You don't look like a regular civilian, though."

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

NAME: Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
An advanced genin level technique, it serves as a means to both enhance chakra control when mastered as well as a means to change one's advantages on the battlefield. By applying chakra to the soles of the feet, the shinobi gains the ability to walk and stand on vertical surfaces or even upside down.

NAME: Suimen Hokou no Waza [Act of Water Surface Walking]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
A slightly more advanced version of the Tree Climbing Skill, this technique allows a shinobi to walk on water as if it were a solid surface. What makes this so difficult is a very precise amount of chakra ust be applied, as balance is harder to maintain on a not so tangible and even moving surface.

OUTFIT
NOTES: notes here
Mika has written 1,141 posts
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 18:36:28 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

It was difficult to tell which one of them was actually the Squeaker as Kyoko let out a noise of surprise akin to a trodden upon mouse as she suddenly found herself hoisted and deposited on the nearest platform. The girl's cheeks brightening to a rosy pink in embarrassment, "I'msosorry! I was just trying to catch the edge of the platform. Ididn'tmeantohityou." The apology spills out in a jumble of words as the girl bows her head wet blue hair sticking to her face at the moment.

"I really didn't mean to cause any trouble. I'm just trying to work on my speed you see and the obstacle courses at the academy are booked for the day and well..." Well better obstacle course was there then the windy rats nest of a city she grew up in and loved. She'd seen shinobi travel this way all the time albeit they mostly did so with chakra, but wouldn't she be just that much more impressive if she could traverse Amegakure without it? Besides there would be times she might have to run or flee while chakra exhausted so it made more sense to prepare for such things. At least in her mind.

"Once again I'm really sorry. I'll be more careful with my footing." Though she never said she would stop. Just that she would be more careful.

Made by Keen of NFB

last edit by Tenchi Kyoko on Jul 26, 2022 1:09:14 GMT -5
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 22:58:55 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

The young girl was quick to apologize, which Squeakers appreciated, though he wasn't hurt at all. If anything, he was more worried about her hand. "No trouble at all~ I'm happy to catch falling kids from the sky! This isn't even my first time doing so, you know!" he chuckled. Though, the mention of training to become quicker immediately caught the jinchūriki's interest. Of course, the obstacle courses that the academy had for their students to use and practice on were great, but there were many different ways to train oneself to become quicker and more capable in those ways. All of Amegakure was a jungle gym if you looked at it the right way, and even then--
    "Working on your footing for sure is a good way to make sure you don't fall--accuracy when travelling quickly in difficult environments is really important. And especially in Amegakure--using certain water-walking techniques is virtually paramount due to the constant downpour! It's even more dangerous here, and a lot of normal shinobi could catch themselves slipping if they're not utilizing the right technique!" He placed a hand on his hip. "That being said, I know a thing or two on how to be fast. I'm pretty speedy, myself! And what you're doing here is good and all, but I don't think it's quite going to get you what you're wanting."
    He cocked his head to one side, the expressionless mask peering at her with its wide, gaping eyes.
    "I'm 'Squeakers'. I'm also a genin squad leader, so I'm pretty qualified to be talking about the things I'm talking about, methinks. I'd be more than happy to teach you some things and help you out, if you're interested."

OUTFIT
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 23:16:40 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

"That was my thought as well!" Kyoko quips beaming brightly up at the yellow raincoat clad figure. Glad to see she wasn't the only one to have had such thoughts. "The academy obstacle course is also really controlled and we won't always be in the perfect environment outside of school so I thought... what better jungle gym then my own village?" The girl exclaims gesturing to their metal and pipe clad rain slick surroundings with more fondness and love then one would expect the dilapidated setting to incur.

Though at hearing that her training while good wasn't quite up to par she couldn't help, but deflate a little. Her brow furrowing as she tries to think on what she could have possibly missed. What angle in her training she had failed to exploit. "It's nice to meet you Squeaker-Taichou. I'm Tenchi Kyoko of Academy class 3A." She introduced herself with a little bow. "If you have the time please take care of me! I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to improve my speed." Kyoko requests enthusiastically her sincerity softening the formal edges of her tone.

"I know I'm not a genin yet, but I promise I'm very dedicated and a quick learner." She offers glancing up from her bow with a hopeful expression lighting up her younger face and making her light pink eyes gleam with determination.

Made by Keen of NFB

last edit by Tenchi Kyoko on Jul 26, 2022 1:08:44 GMT -5
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 23:47:01 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

"Oh, yeah, absolutely! It's not only a controlled environment--but it's also kid-friendly! How are you meant to grow when you're not actually challenged??" Squeakers nodded in understanding. While it had been abusive and traumatizing, his teachers had worked wonders on him by giving their own, dangerous lessons! He never went to the academy, and he was glad for it! Using wooden kunai? Who needed such safety precautions! Though, his marred skin would have begged otherwise.
    Squeakers watched as she gave a little bow and introduced herself rather formally, providing a sort of title. She also, in turn, addressed him rather formally, too. He folded his fingers and stretched his arms out in front of him, leaning back a bit as he popped his back. "Wow, so formal!" he let out a sigh and regained his normal posture after the quick exercise. "You can just call me 'Squeakers'. Or 'Squeakers-sensei', if you must be polite. Though, formalities really aren't necessary in my eyes." He shrugged. "Anyways. Follow me, kiddo."
    The masked individual hopped down from the platform they'd been standing on to land safely upon the ground below. He'd wait for the child to catch up before beginning his pace--walking rather quickly through the alleyways of the city. Squeakers wouldn't travel so quickly that she couldn't keep up, but there was certainly nothing casual about his gait, either.
    Well, aside from how relaxed he looked, anyway.
    Hands in his pockets, he seemed quite calm.
    "I like helping out all kinds of folk, so don't think you need to impress me or anything. Genin, chūnin, academy students--hell, I'd even train a jōnin my secrets if I thought it could help them!" And if I wanted to. Usually, my secrets are off-limits, but... there's some techniques I wouldn't be opposed to handing over to the right individual... "So, you're not a worthless little kid to me that I'm gracing, you're a student same as any other of mine, and I'll meet you wherever you're at."
    He'd only stop walking once they made their way toward the very edge of the village. Then, he'd turn and face the child. "Alright. We're going to run around all of Amegakure." Pulling out a pocket watch, he'd add, "On my mark. Ready?"

OUTFIT
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 25, 2022 23:58:43 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko hesitated only for a moment. Recalling her parents cautioning her about running after strange Shinobi, but if she thinks on it she's pretty sure she had seen Squeaker around the genin training grounds with some of the recent graduates. So he probably was telling the truth about being a Sensei and she did remember how to flare her chakra in warning if anything went bad like her Dad had taught her. So deciding that it would be foolish to pass up a bit of extra help Kyoko carefully shimmied down a pipe till she was close enough to the ground that she wouldn't have to worry about snapping an ankle before letting go and jumping. Landing on her feet she straightened up and followed after the yellow rain coat clad shinobi at what was a quick jog for them, but an all out run for her. "Here I come Squeaker-Sensei." She replied dutifully. His jokes about her formality seeming to have not yet managed to erode the little academy students good manners as she pushed herself to keep up with him. Following the individual all the way out to the edge of the city. 

At which point she was informed to run. Blinking Kyoko canted her head to one side glancing first at Squeaker and then at the village, then back at Squeaker when she suddenly spotted the pocket watch. Realizing the shinobi was serious she swallowed her anxiety with a gulp and turned. 

"Ready Squeaker-Sensei." She called out getting into position as she tried to mentally map out what route to take. She'd never run around the village before. Through sure. Maybe from her house to the academy, but Amegakure was more sprawling then one might first expect. Hopefully she wouldn't be too much of a disappointment to her new found Sensei. She'd have to make sure to give her best. 

Made by Keen of NFB

last edit by Tenchi Kyoko on Jul 26, 2022 1:08:22 GMT -5
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 0:29:11 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Squeakers chuckled slightly when he saw the girl give a double-take at his command. She seemed nervous about the whole ordeal, but he was certain it would fade in time. Maybe it did seem like an impossible task for such a small child! To run around the village? The whole village? And doing so--while timed?
    He could recall when Azami first gave him the command. It seemed a bit extreme.
    And it was!
    "Nah-nah-nah~" Squeakers shook his head a bit when the girl said she was ready. Lightly, he grabbed her head with one hand and twisted slightly, so she was facing the direction left to her--the clear space between Amegakure and the lakeside visible to see. "Not through Amegakure. Around it. I'm talking circumferences, not diameters."
    They'd race along the boarder of the entire village--not running into civilians or worrying about what path was the quickest. There would actually be very few obstacles this way, too. But even though it seemed easy enough in the course--it was a large village, and trying to make it around it entirely within good time was. Well.
    It was a challenge.
    "What you were trying to train is still good and useful. Pushing your body and learning to move quickly in unusual environments is good. But if we're talking speed, here... you need to get skilled at being fast. Adapting to your environment and maneuvering through it is a different set of skills--valuable, but for this particular trait, it shouldn't be your primary focus. I want you to train your endurance. When it comes to becoming faster--as quick as I think you're intending--it can't be some sudden action that you're having to pour your energy into all of a sudden. You're not wanting some kind of quick, temporary jutsu, right? But something innate. Natural. Practicing pushing yourself to the limits so that you get faster and faster is a great way to achieve that nature. But pushing yourself through measures like this--" he gestured to the path ahead-- "ensures that you're not only capable of reaching those higher speeds than your peers, but that you're consistent in them. You have the strength and endurance to keep it up more than just a brief show. You won't wear out from your display, because it's not an outlier--it's your base state. Does that make sense?"
    Well, at the very least--
    "This was how I was trained, anyway. Anyhow! Get started--" he pressed down on the timer-- "go!"

OUTFIT
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 1:07:51 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

As Kyoko's head is turned to face the beach she goes a bit pale at the realization that Squeaker-Sensei means all the way around the city. The beaches much flatter and easier running if one didn't take into account the resistance from rain laden sand and mud. Something the chuunin could no doubt run over, but Kyoko would be forced to run through. Trying not to let her nerves show the girl decides her breath is better served for the trial ahead and winces at Squeakers apt assessment. Kyoko was a sprinter in build. Not an endurance runner, but to be fast one needed endurance. Speed would come with stamina. 

For a moment she thinks better of herself her mouth opening to pose a question when suddenly her Sensei's finger pressed down on the timer and her well honed instincts to jump at command from the academy kicked in. her legs propelling her off the starting line without a second thought as she gave it her all. Until realizing if she ran at her fastest in the beginning there was no way she was going to make the... frankly miles around the village in one piece. Biting her lower lip Kyoko tried to find a pace that best suited herself as she glanced back curious if Squeaker Sensei was following her.

Made by Keen of NFB

Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 1:41:42 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

And just like that, they were off! The girl wouldn't pout or shout in defiance despite how extreme the command was. Which was good! Even if she ended up passing out one mile in--Squeakers wouldn't scold her for it! Ideally, though, he wanted her to make it around the village in one go, on her first time. She didn't have to race at high speeds--so long as she didn't slow her gait to a walk. If she needed to pause for a few moments to catch her breath if she felt she was about to pass out--Squeakers would allow her to do whatever she needed to stay conscious. He wasn't going to be so harsh and cruel he'd deny her that much.
    It would count against her time, but it wasn't prohibited.
    Still, for him, so long as she was running and she didn't give up, it was what he was looking for the most.
    And, of course, he wasn't going to let her run off without guidance, either. What kind of a sensei would he be if he told her to do something he, himself, couldn't (or wouldn't) do! No, no. Besides, the girl was quite young, and she likely needed the extra reinforcement and support. She didn't give off the disposition of a grump who needed to prove herself with full independence. After all--she was even willing to ask for help! That was a great sign!
    Ahh--speaking of looking quite young.
    "How old are you, by the way?" He couldn't help but to wonder. Of course, he wouldn't egg her on to speak too much during training--especially this kind of training. She needed to save her breathing for regulating herself on this task!
    But she could spare him the one breath it would take to give a single word, he was sure.

OUTFIT

Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 1:55:22 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

This, Kyoko realized as she was barely a sixth of the way in if that far, might have been a bad idea. However her Father had always told her a bad decision was better then indecision. Indecision got shinobi killed so it was better to be decisive and play with the cards one had for good or for ill then hesitate and have your throat slit by a kunai. She wasn't supposed to tell her Mom he'd told her that last part. 

By now the girls breaths were coming in quick huffs and puffs as she tried to regulate her breathing. Running a few laps around the academy yard for punishment was nowhere near the endurance training of running around the village and even less so compared to the amount of running many genin messengers did. Eyes cutting to one side it took Kyoko a second to realize Squeaker-Sensei was talking to her over the sound of her own heartbeat in her ears. The girl gulping slightly to draw in extra breath as she panted out. "Twelve," And holding up a ten and two on her fingers just in case her soft wheeze wasn't audible. "I'll be thirteen in a few months." Her pride demanded her point out afraid maybe Squeaker Sensei wouldn't want to hang out with her anymore if he thought she was some dumb kid.

Made by Keen of NFB

Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 23:05:40 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Squeakers watched as the girl began to struggle more with her breaths as they got further in the track. He didn't give much comment, aside from some brief breathing techniques--though the girl wasn't doing too poorly, as it was. She needed to give just about all of her attention to the task at hand--conserving her energy, saving her breath, steadying her heartbeat if possible, or any other thing that she needed in order to complete the objective. Even if she couldn't do it--Squeakers was just sticking by her side to watch how it unfolded.
    If she succeeded, great. If not, that was fine.
    Either way, when the girl wheezed out an answer, Squeakers chuckled. Twelve, huh? "How cute! But twelve is twelve, and this is now, not a few months from now. I can only talk about the present, since the future isn't guaranteed," he said. "I was about twelve when I started my ninja career, so you've probably got quite a few years on me in that sense! Still, though, I think I turned out alright. I think it's a pretty good age to train ninja stuff!" They were young--children, even--but they were at the age where their brains were developed enough to construct more complex thought. They had some life experience under their belts--though, some more than others--and it was a good time for them to start thinking about things.
    Though, Squeakers somewhat doubted it was an appropriate age for them to fully decide if the shinobi career was right for them.
    There was a great deal that was unforeseen that nobody could properly expect which could lead to great, great regret. Squeakers had mixed feelings about the way the world worked at present. He didn't love the way the system was fixed into place, but he wasn't certain how successful he would be at changing it.
    He was trying, though.
    But, until some miracle occurred to change those things, all Squeakers could do was to recommend the students tread lightly and cautiously as they explored their futures. If they even had one.

OUTFIT

Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 23:18:37 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko held her own well enough until past half way mark. By then regardless of whatever spark of determination the girl had her body could only carry her so far. Amegakure was big and Kyoko's legs where small. With the girl's steps becoming uneven and her breath becoming a wheeze as she pushed to try to finish the lap around the village. Her pride demanding that she finish what she started. Pride however had very little command over her stinging muscles as each movement became slowly. Until finally Kyoko was struggling to even lift her feet. Her jaw taunt with pain and eyes filled with anger and disappointment. 

Until finally just 4/5ths of the way just shy of the finish line her legs finally gave out. She managed to claw her away up and back onto her feet the first time, but only managed a few more steps before they gave out again. The third time she wouldn't even manage that far. Until the girl was left sitting on the ground wheezing and legs throbbing with pain. The finish line right within view just mocking her.

"I'm sorry Squeaker-Sensei. I'll do better next time." She murmured embarrassed. She'd run the route however many times it took her to finish. She'd run it until one day the thought of running around the village was nothing to her.

Made by Keen of NFB

Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 23:41:02 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Squeakers watched as the child struggled to keep up the pace. She did an outstanding job, especially considering how daunting the trial was. It was impressive she'd done as well as she had, even. Especially considering how tiny the girl was. She wasn't frail and weak, but still, she was... small.
    The chūnin watched as Kyoko came to a stop, struggling weakly to force herself forward but ultimately failing and marrying her face with the ground. One perk to living in the rain village was that even though she'd be a mess from collapsing on the ground, all of the dirt would likely wash off before she even made it to her home.
    He walked over to her as she offered up an apology, and he squatted down beside her. Holding out the pocket watch once more, he'd turn it so that she could see the time still ticking away. "No apology necessary, you're still being timed." He closed the device and dropped it back into his pocket, glancing down at the child in the mud. "When I did this for the first time, I fainted." He chuckled lightly. "If you have to take breaks, or pass out, or faint, it's all part of your record. If you do poorly, you do poorly. That's that." He cocked his head to one side. "But you're not done 'till you're done. You'll do better next time, I'm sure. And the time after that, you'll do even better. Day in and day out, over and over again until you're consistently beating your past records and it comes easily to you. But we can't just give up and pretend it's over, just because you fall a little short and are embarrassed about it."
    He'd offer her a hand up--not to stand on her feet, the girl was clearly exhausted and standing didn't seem to be an option at the moment. But assisting the girl upright at least a little so she was sitting, rather than lying down in the mud.
    Moreso for the sake of her own dignity than anything else.

OUTFIT

last edit by Mikazuki Aikawa on Jul 26, 2022 23:47:46 GMT -5
Measuring Roads Isn't Street Smarts [Training]Jul 26, 2022 23:54:03 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko takes a slow steadying breath as she forces her ratcheting heartbeat down to a more reasonable pace. The girl eyeing the stop watch as her brow furrows her mind turning over his words before with a decisive nod she reaches out and takes his hand. Allowing Squeakers to pull here up onto her unsteady feet. Leaving Kyoko having to lean fairly heavily on the chuunin to remain upright.

"You're right Squeaker-Sensei. I can't give up now. Besides you reminded me of my most important skill as a Shinobi." She states with a solemn nod eyes glittering with determination. 

"Ninja are placed on teams for a reason. All of our training to work together is useless if we don't understand our limits and realize when it's time to ask for help so we can surpass them." Kyoko explains beaming up at Squeaker's masked face having realized finally what her Sensei had been trying to teach her in all this. It wasn't just to have heart and not give up, but to know when to reach out. How very wise of him. Kyoko of course was completely unaware this wasn't Squeaker's actually intention at all.

"So Squeaker-Sensei? Would you help me across the finish line?" She requested beaming up at him her eyes full of sincerity and trust in her teacher.

Made by Keen of NFB