What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)

compose a reply
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Jul 27, 2022 21:18:41 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 01/01 rank Academy Student occupation Student
Yosei was in a dangerous part of the village. And it wasn't the poverty district, or one of the districts still under heavy construction that the Sanbi had inflicted upon the village after unleashing it's wrath. That memory was still burned in his brain, eight years had passed and it was still as clear as it had been the day it happened. Just thinking about it caused the boy to tense up, it all rushing back, the heat from the fires, the screams throughout the village, having been unable to take his eyes off the rampaging monster. He shook his head and took a breath, no that was over thankfully. Instead, he was exploring somewhere dangerous not because of what had happened there, or the fact it was where criminals tended to hang out, but because of who lived here. The sage of Kirigakure.

The pale boy wasn't really interested in learning from the sage or becoming an apprentice. He was just an academy student after all, and as a member of the Kuronmeru clan he already had access to the strongest abilities in all of Kirigakure. Instead, he was more curious. He knew the sage was strong, but he didn't know anything else. His family, really his clan as a whole, didn't like acknowledging people who weren't Kuronmeru. All he really knew about this place was that running into a tiger wasn't out of the realm of possibilities, and thus it was advised not to go near it unless you were willing to risk being mauled. Which most people were not. And honestly, Yosei would also prefer not getting eaten, and thus the boy was being careful, trying not to stray from the roads and main pathways. But still, he did want to try and get a glimpse of this sage, and just what he could do, if only for his curiosity.
Cheeky Bishie has written 53 posts
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Jul 28, 2022 6:39:14 GMT -5
Ryo Koshutora
Strength is the power that shapes this world.
Ryo Koshutora Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday 14/11 rank Sp.Jounin occupation Tiger Sage

TORARyo
Unfortunately for the kid, just sticking to the side of the road and hide from the main path wouldn'tdo much to conceal his presence. Ryo was training today, as per usual, trying to get more used to his tiger form when his nose smelled someone new, his chakra sensing picked up a new signature and his ears heard the stip stepping of regular shinobi sandals. From the weight, it seemed like a kid's step. Well, it certainly wasn't the first time he got a curious trespasser.

With a heavy thump, the half tiger dropped right in front of the kid and slowly rose to full height. Outside his big paws, the tiger was definitely taller and about twice the size of the little kid. 
"Hello there little one. Mind telling me why you're trespassing?Ryo grinned and chuckled lightly, booping the guy's nose with one of his paws. Despite the insane power he held, the sage was...surprisingly docile.

"My name is Ryo. Koshutora Ryo. Tiger sage of our village. From the smell...you are from the Black Blood clan yes? Yes. You clanmate's scent is unmistakable." 

Nightshade has written 175 posts
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Oct 27, 2022 2:17:07 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Given the fact that the only real thing the black haired boy knew about this area was the dangers posed by tigers, he was on edge to say the least. Keeping an eye out in this mysterious section of the village that he knew next too nothing about despite having lived in the area his whole life, wandering what he might find. Except, he wasn't the one doing the finding here. As soon a figure of orange would appear in front of him, jumping down from above, and Yosei would visibly recoil in expecting the worst. That a tiger had ambushed him and was about to attack. Except, it proceeded to stand on two legs, towering over the boy. It hadn't been a tiger that'd found him, but instead the sage himself.

Yosei's breathing was still ragged from having believed he was seconds from getting pounced by a tiger, his heart pounding too the point that he felt like the sage could probably hear it, that anyone standing close enough could. The boy known for his usual carefree attitude was visibly shaken, both figuratively and literally as adrenaline still pumped through his body to the point he couldn't stop shaking. This meant he couldn't give an immediate answer to the now smiling tiger-man standing in front of him, the red eyed boy unable to stop hyperventilating. And the sage still stood there, smiling like he hadn't scared him half to death. He hadn't felt such apprehension since watching the Sanbi destroy Kiri. But eventually, his breathing would slow, and the adrenaline pumping through his veins would fade enough for the boy to respond. I....Thought you'd be smaller... It wasn't quite an answer as too why he was here, but here he was.

The tiger-man, the sage who would introduce himself as Ryo, showed off his abilities of deduction as he was able to tell that he was a Kuronmeru by sense of smell alone, noting that his clans scent of smell being unmistakable. And at that Yosei would openly smirk. It took your sense of smell too be able to tell that? Yosei, like all Kuronmeru, had his clans trademark pale skin and black hair, telltale signs of him belonging too the black-blooded clan. I came because I was curious about you and your abilities. But if your best detective skills is something that most can tell by looking at me, that's not very impressive. The boy was back to his normal self now, a coy smile on his face, if slightly more alert as he teased the sage.
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Nov 11, 2022 20:33:53 GMT -5
Ryo Koshutora
Ryo Koshutora Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

TORARyo
The sage leaned in, grinning widely at the kid and showing off his toothy fangs. Well well, this one was feisty eh? He liked people with a bit more fire to them if said fire didn't turn out to be just empty overconfidence. The guy was also curious about him as he said? Well, he guessed he should take that as a compliment then. He was being actively seeked by other people. Meant he was making waves.

Getting closer to the kiddo, the sage raised a clawed paw and settled it on the guy's head, patting it lightly. 
"Oh I can tell you alot with smell alone. For example I can keep track of you without the need to look where you are. I can also smell the salty smell of fear off you, so perhaps you would be better off dropping the bravado little one. Unless you do actually are able to stand up to me.Ryo concluded as he rocked the boy back and forth.

"So, you're here for me. Well, you got my attention and since you have indeed interrupted my training by trespassing I guess I could humour you. So, Kuronmeru-kun. What is it that you'd like to know about me. What should I show you?" 

What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Mar 8, 2023 22:30:54 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Yosei had never been called a coward before. But as the tiger-boy started listing off all the things that he could smell, including his fear, the implication was clear. And Yosei didn't like it. Yet all that would happen would be his face slightly relaxing, his grin turning to a smirk while still keeping his cool. However he immediately brushed the hand away the moment the sage decided to pat his head. I'm not a glorified pet like you. His voice lacked the coolness that it'd kept, an icy undertone very clear even if his expression hadn't changed. Even Yosei hadn't been expecting this, yet this person seemed to know how to get under his skin in only a few minutes in a way most couldn't be do after months or years. It was like he was looking down on both his and his clan, the strongest clan in the village. And he couldn't do anything about it. Helplessness. Another unfamiliar sensation to the boy. In truth he wanted nothing more than to stand up and fight, and yet this ridiculous house at, this failure was somehow a jonin. Yosei wasn't dumb enough to not know any fight would be over before it even started. And yet. Seeing his strength was the entire reason he had come here.

And as this person he was growing to hate, this person who treated him like the child he was, asked just what he came here for, he paused. What...Was he here for? He'd wanted to see a different power, a power he'd heard made someone almost as strong as the Kage themselves when mastered. And yet, all that was before him was a buffoon. You really know how to irritate someone... His smile returned, and he even chuckled as he said it. But there was something new in his voice that hadn't been there yet before, when he'd been scared he was going to die. Hatred. He hated this person, hated him for making him feel...Weak. It was his clans number one sin. Weakness can never be forgiven. And so, he was going to get stronger here. How about you show me how you're different from everyone else! And the boy would throw a punch at the sage. It would actually have rather decent form for an academy student. But it would still be a punch a measly punch from an academy student.
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Mar 9, 2023 4:16:59 GMT -5
Ryo Koshutora
Ryo Koshutora Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

TORARyo
Ah, yes. There it was. Ryo couldn't help but be extremely amused about the rampant elitism of the black blood clan. If there was something he really enjoyed about life was proving how fallible the clans with special snowflake powers truly are. In the past he had beat up some attitude into those little kids who thought they were hot shots. Some tough love goes the long way in preventing them to get themselves killed. This time around he preferred a more... pragmatic approach.

The sage easily stopped the blow coming to him with an open palm, barely feeling anything at all. He observed the Kuronmeru's posture, reviewed his motions in his own mind. Not bad. Could be better.

"Space those legs, help the arm with the hip. If you cant put more force into it, work on your speed.Ryo stated, using his other hand to gently tap the right leg of the young accademy student, being midful of the claws he had. "Feet on the ground, if you puch on your toes the next thing you do is fall on your ass. If you can't get to the head, aim for the belly, Kuronmeru-kun."

With that, Ryo spun back into his original position. "Now then. Again. With more meaning this time." He ordered, stern and unwavering. Expecting the kid to throw him another hit.
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)May 19, 2023 1:30:16 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Nothing quite gave clarity like punching something as hard as you can. And when the red-eyed boys fist landed into his enthusiastic victims palm he wondered something. Why was he punching this person? Normally this would be something you ask before you punch someone, but that wasn't Yosei's, or any Kuronmeru's style.

But he was still left wondering, just what had this person said that'd upset him so much. He hated this person, this sage, that much he was sure of. But he wasn't sure why he hated him. He never denied reality, that he was a mere student, not even a genin. That he'd lose to most people in a fight. He thought he could accept that, that it was simply reality. And yet, when he was finally told to essentially put up or shut up, it kinda pissed him off. The idea of being looked down on.

And when the young sage started giving advice about how to hit better, it just added more emotions to the mix. Most negative. It was pretty much undeniable that he was just being looked down on now. Treated like an ant. And his lack of strength to do anything about that was doubly frustrating. But he wasn't lashing out anymore, the hatred he felt had settled from fiery hot to a more tepid calm. One that could break in any moment, for now remained stable.

My name is Yosei. And I'm definitely going to kill you one day. It was such a strange promise, even more jarring due to it being said in the boys more usual relaxed tone. No anger or irritation this time, and a slight smirk even returned to the boys face as he said it. It was comforting, because he fully meant it. While he might feel weak now, when this sage's body was bleeding out, the last thing they'd see being a smile complimented by crimson eyes to match the dying sage's blood. It was enough to bring a smile on the boys face. And then Yosei would punch again, putting all his strength into the hit, listening to the sages advice. 
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Jul 5, 2023 15:06:13 GMT -5
Ryo Koshutora
Ryo Koshutora Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

TORARyo
The sage once again caught the punch, but seemed much more pleased by the result. He squeezed the guy's fist a bit, making sure his claws were not digging into the other guy's hand.

"I like your style, Yosei-kun. You may call me Ryo.Ryo stated, letting the other go and motioning for the guy to take a go at him. "Killing me is no easy feat, but you do show promise kiddo. Who knows, perhaps I might really kick the bucked in a few years. haha." He would comment, making sure to point up if the Kuronmeru happened to slip on some movements. "But if that is your goal then keep it burning in your mind and never stop trying yeah? I will more than happy to be the wall you need to surpass."

The tiger sage transitioned into a proper battlestance, one so exotic looking the young academy student probably had never seen before. "To reward your conviction I shall honor your request and show you a little bit of my own inner fire. Now, take your best shot at me. I wish to meet your strenght head on!" He concluded with a grin, inviting the other guy to go nuts. People like that kid were few and far in between. He certainly would look at his carreer with great interest.
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Aug 1, 2023 6:37:12 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
While the tiger sage might appreciate the boys style, Yosei couldn't say that he liked the young sages style. It was so focused, so controlled, so...disciplined. A point for every mistake, slowly honing his form with repetition. There was no going loose, no adrenaline pumping as he got lost in the moment, no hitting a training dummy so hard that his skin breaks, feeling the warmth run down his fingers, his black blood released from the prison of the flesh. There weren't even any claws cutting into him, it was like he was punching a pillow. Its amazing how you manage to ruin everything fun, even punching something! He let out some of his frustration with that hit, and yet still felt nothing but firm softness, and the only response he got was finger in the sky, a demerit for bad form.

Though the young sage humoring the idea of his own demise was at least a pleasant thought, though Yosei did raise an eyebrow at the striped boys flippancy towards the idea of his own death. While the young boy might have some strange developing feelings regarding pain and pleasure, he never found the idea of dying particularly pleasant. How he'd reacted when he'd believed he thought he was going to be eaten was proof enough of that. Honestly, Yosei was pretty sure this hermit was more a strange freak than anything else, still having yet to see anything impressive from him. From what you've shown so far it doesn't seem like that hard of a goal. He laughed at his own words, having not made a joke and yet finding it funny nonetheless. In fact, the sincerity behind them was why they were so funny.

Still, he wasn't expecting a stop to the training so suddenly when the striped boy took a pause, especially since he'd started getting into a rhythm in his punching. With mild annoyance, he watched as the sage switched stances, though he wasn't really too interested in it's meaning. How much difference could one change in position cause? He did pause for a moment when the boy let out his challenge though, his offer of an attack. An offer Yosei had very little reason to refuse. A smile returned to the boys face, relaxed. What, are you finally going to bring out your claws? Alright, I'll bite~ The scarf wearing boy genuinely didn't know what the sage was planning, just what was going to happen, but he wasn't going to let something small like that stop him from getting into a fight. Cause he really did love hitting people, and he'd throw a punch directly at the striped boys head, using good form while hoping that this time he'd truely feel something.
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Aug 1, 2023 7:04:46 GMT -5
Ryo Koshutora
Ryo Koshutora Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

TORARyo
Before anything else happened, the young boy was hit by the full might of the sage's killing intent. The pressure his chakra exherted was enormous yet contained and focused onto his target. Seething hatred wrapped in wrath sharper than any sword. If that wasn't enough to cause the guy to flinch, well, the sage might actually really consider getting the kid under his wing.

What followed was a blistering fast charge, a blur of orange fur and claws. Air pressure hit much before the sage's attack, as if nature itself dealt the blow. Ryo sweeped the young boy's feet up, twisted his arm around and ended up on top of the boy as he pressed the kid's belly down in the grass, one claw on the neck. Other locking the other arm. From there, he began squeezing just for a little bit, cut off Yosei's breathing for a couple moments and let his squirm about helplessly looking forward to the now broken trees in the distance. A result of just a single punch from the Sage.

A lesson about humility and a reminder that in nature, the strong rule. Power is everything.

"Are you satisfied, Yosei-kun?Ryo inquired playfully, releasing his hold from the kiddo just enough for him not to be gasping for air like a fish outta water or be uncomfortable in their grapple. "Perhaps you would like me to use Senjutsu next time?" He would comment, testing the waters. "As I said, you show promise, kiddo. Lots of it. But the difference between us is abyssal at the moment. I look forward to seeing how you develop. And as I said, I am in the mood of honing someone like you to their full potential."
What's So Sagely About A Sage? (Ryo)Nov 22, 2023 3:25:08 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Yosei
Kuronmeru Yosei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
There was a lot to be said about inexperience, usually none of it being positive. However, the inexperienced had a unique advantage, an almost double edged sword in that they lacked the experience to always know when to be afraid. The unleashed savagery, the intent released was a warning for those able to recognize it, to intimidate those who could recognize it. And while Yosei definitely came from a more vicious background, one where he constantly assumed those around him were fully willing to strike him down if he failed them, even his own parents, he was still just an academy student. He didn't have combat experience, real fighting experience, he lacked the ability to read the change in the air, and so the intent wouldn't make him waiver.

No,what the boy cared about was what he could sense, what he could see, feel, hear. And what he could feel was the pressure created, the boys hair wildly flapping in the newly created wind. Yet, even this the scarf wearing boy had seen before. In his fight against their lord, the Mizukage, he was sent flying across the Academy training grounds, straight into a wall from the energy he'd released, the steam that'd filled the room. Here, the wind hadn't even forced him back, let alone sent him flying. Still, this, this had caught his interest, was something he could perceive even at his level. And this was what impressed him, even if it was weaker than the Mizukage's. But while his air current might be weaker, the fur covered teen did something the Mizukage hadn't done. He went on the offensive.

This time, the boys inexperience came back to bite him as the sage rushed him immediately after the air current. Or, at least he was pretty sure he'd rushed him. In truth, he barely registered it happening, the grab, the flip. He wasn't able to truely understand what was happening until it'd already happened, until he was face down in the dirt with his arm twisted behind his back, and a soft hand gripping his throat. Tighter. And. Tighter. Before, the intangible hadn't gotten much of a reaction out of the student. The air pressure had impressed him, but it hadn't scared him. When the Mizukage's attack had sent him flying across the room, it had felt truely real. And right now, this soft and fuzzy hand tightening around his throat, choking him until he couldn't breath. This was real. This was happening, the boy struggling harder and harder, unable to escape as panic set in, a primal fear that the sages killing intent hadn't been able to unlock. A fear of death. The black blooded boy twisted harder and harder, unable to move his arm locked behind his back, unable to wiggle free, unable to do anything but choke to death. Unable to move his head as he stared at the line of destruction that led straight to him, that'd been left behind by the Sage. This was power.

Then suddenly, he was gasping. Breathing. Alive. He barely registered the question the teen sage asked at first, barely heard it through the ringing in his ears, the pounding in his head. Y-Yeah.... His head wasn't the only thing pounding, his heart was too. He'd been genuinely afraid there. It wasn't a feeling he was used too. But stull, after a moment to literally catch his breath, he started regaining some composure, though he couldn't help but rub his hand over the red marks across his throat as he spoke, after the striped teen offered to truely train him. I told you...I'm not interested in learning whatever special powers you have, I have the greatest weapon already. My blood. And I'll show you that when I beat you with it. He started to stand up, brushing himself off, before looking back after some milf hesitation. Though...I do want to learn more about that air thing...And how you move so fast.