Yeah, they still say I’m a dreamer (Takato)

compose a reply
Yeah, they still say I’m a dreamer (Takato)Jul 30, 2022 13:51:43 GMT -5
Ōshi Shigeru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōshi Shigeru Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv Genin occupation Sage Apprentice
It was a rare moment in which Shigeru was able to train by himself, rather than under the careful supervision of his master, or carrying out his duties as the leader of his clan. He’d not had much of a rest these past weeks, but he was far from minding. After all, both his duties as a clan head and as apprentice were the highest kind of honour he could hope to achieve. He’d do them both proud, his clan and his master. No matter how long sage training would actually take. He had no illusions about finishing within a few months, it would take years of hard study to achieve.

Today’s work was on his sword forms, practicing the styles he already knew to further cement his knowledge of them. He wasn’t anywhere near a mastery yet, that was for sure. He would rectify that through repetition. Moving through each technique, his movements were solid, but did not yet hold the elegance and ease he was looking for. He was familiar enough to show his proficiency, at least. But not good enough. No, not yet. Soon, though. He’d get these techniques down eventually.

He’d decided against using Kazaha, instead using basic weighted training swords that were close enough to Kazaha and Konpekiha’s weight and length to make sure that he didn’t have as many adjustments to make when he moved onto using the actual swords in his self appointed practice. Though of course, his movements weren’t nearly as swift in the absence of Kazaha’s fuuton related abilities. He could try to channel Fuuton into the training swords, but that was more likely to simply make the swords explode. They simply weren’t made to channel chakra the way Kazaha was. But no matter. He still had sets left to complete.

Kitarial has written 22 posts
Yeah, they still say I’m a dreamer (Takato)Jul 31, 2022 20:07:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The retreat that had been assigned to the village sage was an outlier building within Sunagakure. It stood apart, much like the members of the order did, part of the village but still an outsider. Allied to Sunagakure but never subordinated to. As much of a tradition as it was, he knew that his predecessors had differing opinions. Ranging from wishing them to be fully integrated into the village whilst in other instances understanding of the agreement. Takato for his part, respected the sages, and even if he wished for them to be closer to the village and be consigned to the military structure, he knew that he wasn't in any position to make demands.

As he made his to the retreat, he looked at how the building became planer, lack of decoration the stucco from provided, returning to a more primitive setting, vines growing from canals reached to the peak of pillars, green veins in white marble. The final steps led him to a large door, the ancient wood bleached by the sun and the iron hinges that held it to the frame. The first signs of rust becoming evident at the corners of the treated metal. As his eyes looked admired the door, it opened. The groan of decades emerging to welcome the Lord of Iron.

"Shimako-Sama?" The Kazekage called, his voice echoing against the walls. He heard no reply and wondered if the Sage had left. As far as he knew they had been here. They had reported so, but there was always the possibility the sage had left to their actual lookout. It was a pity, after all, even when the Sages were not completely integrated into the village, he valued the advice they could provide. "I suppose no one's here then."

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
Yeah, they still say I’m a dreamer (Takato)Sept 17, 2022 16:42:41 GMT -5
Ōshi Shigeru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōshi Shigeru Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv Genin occupation Sage Apprentice
Shigeru’s head snapped up when the front doors creaked open, hearing a voice calling out for Shimako. The voice was unfamiliar to him, but as he moved to the front entrance with training blades still in hand, he recognized the face of the person before him immediately. ”Kazekage-sama! My apologies, I wasn’t expecting to see you here. Sensei isn’t here at the moment, although I can take a message for her if you’d like?” the young clan head asked, hardly pausing to take a breath through those few sentences. He’d lowered his swords the moment he’d seen the Kazekage’s face. The young man bowed respectfully, mindful of the etiquette lessons that had been shoved down his throat. His clan may not lie, but they were masters of spinning the truth to seem more palatable when they wanted to be. Even the most honest people needed some sense of manners, after all.

He knew he’d be meeting plenty of important people as Shimako-sama’s apprentice and clan head of the Ōshi, but he hadn’t expected to meet his kage for a while. The man was surely a rather busy person, likely making Shigeru’s own workload pale in comparison.

Shigeru would attempt not to bother him too much, though he could be a gracious host should he choose to stay for a moment. ”Is the matter urgent? If not, please, come in, I’m sure Shimako-sama would want me to show our kage hospitality in her absence.”
Kitarial has written 22 posts