Splunking into Danger! [Mission]

compose a reply
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 2, 2022 1:55:26 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
My creations are the cataclysm that occurs when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday 14 August rank Jounin occupation Lieutenant of Traps in Explosion Corps | Operations Team 2 Leader
Kai's insertion into the rocky plains came in the dead of night where he hoped his large clay dragon wouldn't be spotted by the enemy on the terrain below. He'd chosen a tall mountain to bring down the clay construct where to the spotting eye it would look like another statue that this particular region was known for. Sitting cross-legged atop it's back he was silent as he reached into his satchel for some clay. Kai and his dragon looked every bit like a monument in the midst of strong mountain gusts.
The jounin frequented the mountainsides of his country quiet often.

As a result he knew the environment like the back of his hand. He'd use that advantage to navigate the terrain in the night, picking out enemy and predator as he went. The chewing noise of his mouth palms disturbed his thoughts for a moment as he looked down at them. He was prepping some clay for a clone, all the while planning logistics in his head.

The jounin prided himself on battle strategy and planning. He believed he was best in control of any confrontation only if he planned his fight before it happened. That way he saw the fight before his opponent, which could be crucial in tipping the scales in his favour. One too many battles had a tendency of doing that to you, especially when you were as seasoned at the craft as the Nohime was.

- x -

Jutsu Used
Name: Clay Clone: Nendo Bunshin

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu

ELEMENT: Doton

REQUIREMENTS: Iwagakure Kinjutsu, Clay

DESCRIPTION:
The user creates a clone using clay and one of the kinjutsu mouths on their palms. The clone maintains shape and appearance of the caster unless it is hit where it then reverts to it’s putty state. The clone is able to ensnare and absorb by taking hits and immobilizing it’s target by trapping them inside of it.

The clone use is limited to capture and shielding. It therefore cannot use any jutsu.

Turns trapped: 2 post

- - -

NAME: Ōkina Nendo no Sakusei [Large Clay Creation]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu | Kekkei Tota

ELEMENT: —-

REQUIREMENT: Iwagakure Kinjutsu, Clay

DESCRIPTION:
The user merges their chakra with the clay that the Kinjutsu mouths mould into a large-sized animal. The creation is usually two-three times bigger than a shinobi and is capable of one passenger carry. Only a maximum of one can be sculpted at a go and they contain no Jinton chakra and are therefore not active. Being animate the creations are capable of movement, flight and remote manipulation by the technique user.

Mission Detail Here X
last edit by Kai Nōhime on Aug 8, 2022 1:12:17 GMT -5
Nello has written 41 posts
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 3, 2022 3:52:28 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
My creations are the cataclysm that occurs when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday 14 August rank Jounin occupation Lieutenant of Traps in Explosion Corps | Operations Team 2 Leader

The mission for today would require skill, more so after the fact that he would be attempting it alone. Marauders and animals should not prove too much for a jounin of his caliber though. He thought of enlisting help but thought against it when he decided to test how quickly he could search and clean out the caves, tunnels and small mines that dotted the rocky landscape. All was supposed to be village jurisdiction and it would serve in tightening security for The Stone if he got rid of all the pests and vermin that had run amuck.

Kai jumped off of his creation and stretched his sensory abilities to radar the field for any life or threats.
The closest chakra he could sense was coming from the very mountain he was on, inside of a cave some feet below him. Apart from that there was nothing peculiar he could identify about the chakra signature.
The clay was ready and he produced the clone immediately. He and his double took off for the cave entrance, their steps light and brisk.
There was a glow coming from within the cave, no doubt from a fire inside. On each side of the cave entrance Kai and his clay clone were crouching in the shadows. . .

- x -

Special Abilities Used
Sensor Type
Kai first started making use of his sensory abilities during his time at the ANBU. He relies on them more now with his ranged fighting style and to fish for opponents on the field.
Active: 2km / Passive: 400m

Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 7, 2022 14:52:47 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull

Voices from within echoed out, and Kai took count of two heads inside. He extracted a smoke bomb and rolled it into the cave. Moments later smoke filled the space and just as the coughs follwed, Kai entered the space, his clone staying outside to keep watch for any mountain patrol that the smoke could possibly attract. Kai was on the two bandits in the cave before they knew what had hit them. In their confusion by the smoke screen, he made them out with his sensory abilities, putting his chokuto through the both of them. His movements with the blade were clean and followed through. Having wielded it primarily while serving as an ANBU, he was learned in how to cut down a man effectively.

He was sending a loud and clear message to the invaders of the region, one that said he was there to evict, not to give warnings. By writing the message in blood he was sending another; that The Stone didn't want this happening a second time on their territory.
Outside, he found his clay clone, standing beside a motionless heap which appeared to be an unconscious body. His clone had managed to ambush and knock him out as the bandit came running to the source of the smoke.

- x -

Special Abilities Used
Sensor Type
Kai first started making use of his sensory abilities during his time at the ANBU. He relies on them more now with his ranged fighting style and to fish for opponents on the field.
Active: 2km / Passive: 400m

Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 7, 2022 15:04:19 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
Kai would finish the bandit off before pushing further down the montain with his clone. The path was treacherous and rocky so their decent was cautious as not to disturb any loose rocks on the steep slope. The last thing he wanted was a boulder slide on their tail. The situation was made complicated when a mountain lion leapt out of nowhere to clench its jaw around the clay clone's throat. The clone went down and with it, the mountain lion. Looking over his shoulder, Kai saw that the beast was now trapped in the clay putty that the clone had become.

He picked up the speed of his descend, looking to put distance between himself and the lion.
The land began to level out as he got to the base of the mountain. The grass was sparse here and the terrain was mostly dry and open. Ahead he could see stone buildings on either side of the road he was running on. Expecting it to have a high bandit presence, he weaved hand seals for the Transformation technique. He assumed the appearance of a civilian, hoping to look like a traveller walking through town.

- x -

Jutsu Used
Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]

Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 8, 2022 11:32:46 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
The town was tucked between two hills and acted as a settlement for the mining population of the area. He planned to gather intel from the civilians that remained here and get a scope of how deep the enemy was entrenched here. As he neared the town he slowed his run to a walk, not wanting his middle-aged man disguise to look out of place. He entered the town without much eyes on him and decided the ryokan might be a good place to start mingling and digging.
He booked a room to avoid suspicion and was off to the hot spring.

There he met a man who was unwinding after a long shift at one of the mines around. Kai used the opportunity to learn more. "Could you take me to who's running the whole operation? You see I'm new and was wondering if I could maybe get a job as a miner." Kai said, putting on a front.
"You can talk to any of the bandits and they won't mind throwing you underground but I'm telling you now the pay isn't worth it - not to mention the hours, they're back breaking!"
"So the bandits don't treat you all that good I'm guessing."
"Not at all. We've been waiting for The Stone to claim it back so things can return to normal but it looks like they're scared." the man said, relaxing deeper into the water.
"Where might I find the bandits in charge?"
"They run their admin from a closed mine south of here. . ."

- x -
Splunking into Danger! [Mission]Aug 11, 2022 14:05:50 GMT -5
Kai Nōhime
Kai Nōhime Avatar
groupnull
Off that intel, Kai would find the derelict mine tucked away in a small valley not too far from the town. From his scoping of the location, he could see one building and a slew of equipment and tools within it's immediate vicinity. There was one, winding path in and out of the valley where a guard post was manned by an archer overlooking the entry-exit. Apart from that one watch there wasn't any sign of someone else keeping guard so
Kai snuck into the valley below by sliding down the slope in the archer's blindspot. Hiding himself at the side of the building, he stayed in the shadows as he prepared to wake up everyone who seemed asleep.

He extracted three explosive tags which he armed with his chakra and set up at three locations around the valley, one of them the archer tower. Using the Hiding in Camouflage jutsu he was able to plant the tags unseen before he jumped onto the roof of the mine building.
A single handseal detonated the tag pasted on the archer tower and a loud bang later, wood and debris was flying everywhere. The archers screams could hardly be heard over the noise of destruction that rocked the mine.

Soon just over half a dozen men came crawling out of the mine building, wearing pure shock on their faces at the rubble of the archer tower. "Hm, filthy roaches." Kai expressed his distate with arms folded as he overlooked the men below him. "Hey! Did you do this!? You're gonna pay!" one of the bandits shouted at him after noticing him above them.
"I'll afford you all one chance to leave this area and never come back. I won't speak twice." Kai informed with some authority in his voice.

- x -

Jutsu Used
NAME: Meisaigakure no Jutsu [Hiding with Camouflage Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 8
DESCRIPTION:
With careful chakra control, a shinobi is capable of manipulating the means to which light affects their body as well as what odors escape them, completely concealing oneself from both sight and smell. While in this state, the user will fail to even cast a shadow. This leaves the shinobi in a state that makes them almost impossible to detect outside of chakra-detection, the other three senses, and noting disturbances to their surroundings.