compose a reply
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 9, 2023 11:39:15 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

All things considered the two were doing pretty well to not get themselves eaten by a giant snake and while it was clear that they were a long, long way from actually being able to beat or even hurt the damned thing playing keep away for a few minutes was in the realm of possibility. How long had it been since they started, actually? Asking would probably get him scolded, if Mitsuda even answered at all, and focusing on something else for even a couple moments probably wasn't a good idea anyway.

Taunting the snake had worked to get its attention and between he and Yaki blitzing the serpents eyes with blinding light the thing probably wouldn't be able to see for a little bit which was great. Unfortunately yelling at a creature that had other ways of sensing him was not the best idea and it was made evident when the thing struck right at his current position. "Uh oh." He needed to move and move fast before becoming a splat on the ground.

A quick set of seals would be performed as Mairusu placed one foot in front of the other, equally focusing chakra to the soles of his feet as well as the ground beneath him. With the last seal completed the chakra stored would release propelling the boy away from where he once stood and where the snake was aiming to strike. The boy was moving at incredible speed in an arc around the arena... no... pit... no... wherever they were located and so long as nothing sizable got in his way or worse yet there was any metal in his path he'd be able to keep moving at pace for a while, though apparently not fast enough to drown out Yaki's taunts.

NAME: Raiton: Densen Kensaku [Lightning Release: Grind Wire]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
Implying the user knows the water walking and tree-climbing techniques. By placing one foot in from of the other, as if tight-rope walking, one preforms the handsigns, focusing chakra into the soles of their feet, also emitting an equal amount of chakra into the ground. As the handsigns are released, the user lets the chakra stored in their feet to release, forming a tunnel-like static field, propelling them along faster than most humans can run. However, any obstacles slowly decrease the field, and any metal inside of the field easily cancels the technique. Note that it also doesn't work on water, and must be canceled for one to stand.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Hiesin Mairusu on Mar 9, 2023 11:40:40 GMT -5
Kata has written 207 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 20, 2023 15:09:28 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
You'll do it my way, or I'll do it myself.
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
age 158 years old birthday 11/12 rank Elite Jounin occupation Sannin
[newclass=.mitsudapost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.mitsudapost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.mitsudapost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.mitsudapost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.mitsudapost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","mitsudapost"]The giant snake’s attack would nearly clip the Genin’s leg, though his speed let him escape from potential death. It was visibly annoyed by the taunts of the two leaf ninja with a hissing cry as it lashed forward once more before a loud, booming voice called.

"Enough!” It was that of the great white snake, as grumpy and slow-moved as ever. "I’ve no time for this,” he said clearly pestered. "We could have them play chase all day, but it is clear that you’ve trained them well enough.” His tongue would slither outward and flick several times before disappearing again into his mouth. "You and your apprentices have my blessing, Kekkan.”

Mitsuda offered a deep bow. The giant red snake was seething in its scales, still staring angrily between Mairusu and Yaki, though he obeyed the orders of his elder. "This isn’t the last of it. You’re little more than rabbits in the chase.” His thread carried. Mitsuda turned to the snake, his eyes equally as menacing, a sight to which the snake slithered away, coiling defensively.

The Sage turned to his now fully accepted apprentices. He was proud and relieved, though his face remained flat and cold. "That’s that, then. Next stop: Mount Python.”

-exit-

mint has written 55 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 20, 2023 20:05:23 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

It was an awful opponent for her, but this snake was particularly... useful. Yakitsu wanted to become this one's companion if possible, its defense would save her many times over. She could see it happening already and that sort of conceptual strength was enough to almost make the gluttonous viper salvate at future possibilities. Alas, beating the snake into submission would not happen as the great white snake sage spoke. A cold rage that ran a chill down her spine, hair standing on end. They had angered the old creature with no exception it would seem, but a grin registered across her face as she moved to bow again to the old monster.

She had been given status, real status. As the sage left, Yaki stood tall again, glad her face was hidden as she gave Mairasu a look that would have otherwise been gleeful, and all things considered, likely scary considering how normal her fact would have been beaming as she was.

A twist of her head and she straightened her face as much as she could given the moment as Mitsuda declared their next trial's location, "Yesss, Mitsssuda-Sssensssei! I will make certain that we both don't disssappoint you."

In truth, Mairasu's failure would be his own, but she would still not leave him disadvantaged. Fairly was the way that she would succeed in succesion of Mitsuda's position.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Thread closer
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 290 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 21, 2023 10:50:59 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

It was a risky endeavor and one that probably took a little too long to set up considering the size and speed of his opponent but thankfully Mairusu had managed to get out of dodge before the giant snake could do any damage to him. The genin was prepared to shoot around the pit for as long it took to either waste time or help out Yaki but the booming voice of the elder snake signaled the end of the fight. Quickly ending the technique the boy nearly stumbled as he came to a stop.

There was no way of telling just how long it had been and honestly every moment felt like an hour but they had apparently survived the three minutes and were now officially recognized as sage apprentices. The genin would follow suit in bowing before the great white snake, the rapid beating of his heart in his ears almost enough to drown out the threatening words from the red snake... almost.

In the very short time he had been around Mitsuda it was clear the man was not one for many words and after this ordeal he said little more than their next destination: Mount Python. Mairusu should have known it was going to be some snake themed place but man did they really have to be so on the nose with it? He'd glance over at Yaki who, strangely enough, was also looking at him but not with her usual glare. With most of the girl's face covered it was impossible to tell what she was trying to convey but it didn't seem hostile and that was good enough for him. He had taken the first step (again) in making his dream a reality but Mairusu had a feeling that this time he was going to get the opportunity to see things through.

"Let's get it."

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 207 posts