compose a reply
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 4, 2022 19:17:59 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

Well this was certainly something. Where there was once stability and a promise of tutelage there was now uncertainty. A known fellow apprentice and at least a passing knowledge of his teacher had been replaced by two unknowns. The kid had been so excited to start his training and finally gain something that he could call his own, but the last few months had been quite the opposite: the Sage all but vanished and his fellow apprentice also nowhere to be found. They were disheartening times for the young shinobi and he contemplated just requesting to be put on a genin squad and forgoing his dream of learning the Sage arts. However, when all hope was seemingly lost a summons had come from the most unexpected place...

A missive had arrived from none other than... the new Snake Sage requesting Mairusu's appearance at a location deep in Hi no Kuni. Furthermore, the boy would not be making the journey alone as there was a second name: Yakitsukeru. He had never heard of them before but figured that since the letter was signed by a third party then that meant this other person was his new fellow apprentice. Excitement attempted to well within the boy but he was understandably cautious about getting his hopes up again. Could this have been a prank? Possibly, but it wasn't like Mairusu had anything else going for him so what harm was there for checking it out?

He had gotten up bright and early to get a move on and was currently waiting at the village gates to see if the other supposed apprentice would show up or if this was going to be a solo journey. At the very least he hoped to not have to stumble his way through a forest worth of prickly bushes and other foolishness this time around.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 207 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 4, 2022 19:57:11 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
You'll do it my way, or I'll do it myself.
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
age 158 years old birthday 11/12 rank Elite Jounin occupation Sannin
[newclass=.mitsuda]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda b]color:#337733;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda i]color:#687768;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","mitsuda"]And then there were two.

The thoughts echoed in his head. They somehow held both sarcasm and dread, something that was truly only possible for a man such as Mitsuda who had lived through the highs, the lows, and the even lower moments. Familiarity with Yaki had kept him going. The prospect of someone eventually needing to take his place, however, left him fearful in a way that he had not felt since before Akihiro's death.

And now there were two.

The man had read Mairusu's file. He was not much older in age than Yaki. Was he wrong to assume they'd already met. The lids over his heterochromatic eyes were lazily raised, staring forward at the path before him as he made his way toward the spot where he was to meet both of his apprentices.

Mitsuda was the kind of man to seem excited, even if he were. Though, admittedly, his heart would race slightly. This would be their debut mission as a make-shift sage team for the village. The grueling training they would go through and the commitment they showed would be their only path to greatness, and with Mitsuda they had much to live up to and many leagues to climb before they were ready to face the world that only Mitsuda knew.

He arrived promptly, his hands gently grasping one another inside the long sleeves of his cloak. His eyes would land upon a familiar face, only he had only seen in the files he scavenged. Stopping just briefly before Mairusu, he would look down at him, assessing his physique and gauging his strength the best he knew how.

"So, then...you're Hiesin Mairusu," Mitsuda said, his voice low but gruff as the thick of his Adam's apple sounded lazily outward to the boy who stood close to what he remembered Yaki's height to be. He thought the boy would be...well...more. But then again, Mitsuda thought everyone should be more than they were and that left nothing but a loud silence between the two as he stared down curiously. "Hmm."

His eyes would begin to wander, "I take it Yaki hasn't arrived yet." It wasn't a question. He couldn't yet sense her presence.

mint has written 55 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 14, 2022 15:05:01 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

It was annoying for the girl to be called so soon to leaving the country to travel, but Yaki had no reason to dare oppose the summoning of the Sage. Moving with all of the grace of a snake through grass, Yakitsukeru sped her way to her teacher's lands. A glowering sort of piercing in her eyes, her face a scowl while journeying to meet with her teacher. All of her gear having been collected in a rush as they jobs finished for them only an hour prior. It had been quite a lot to collect, but nothing that had taken too much time.

Besides, if the other apprentice was going to be present it was a time for her to prove that she would take the lead between the two. Mitsuda's position was hers to gain, not this hasbin... admittedly, she didn't know Mairusu at all, so there was potential he was well ahead of the curve between the two of them. She would have to see, and see she would as sh hopped solidly from one tree to another simply to kill her momentum landing with her back to Mairusu, "Sssage-Sssama. It isss good to sssee you again."

Her seemingly permanent glare would turn as she whirled to meet Mairusu's gaze as well, sizing him like a viper sized prey. There was a level of animosity that seemed to spawn from nowhere as the girl hid most of her face behind her large red scarf. She would click her tongue in accordance with the hostility that her gaze would translate to the other sage apprentice, "Hiesssin-Sssan I presssume. Tateyama Yakitsssukeru, it hasss been far too long for our meeting. I would appreciate if you referred to me by my lassst name. Thanksss."

Twirling again the girl would form a seal, twisting the weight of her haori's embroadered seals and she would visibly seem to sink a bit into the malleable earth. The emerald colored scrolls that lined her waist, and the largest version of a scroll holstered to her back lead to a seeming care of her appearance and coloration to the world. Everything the color of either grass or leaves outside of the white clothing beneath. A new look since her allowance to "enter the genin ranks", "What isss thisss about? If I may asssk. I wasss planning to head off today, but I alssso know better than to ignore a sssummonsss."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 290 posts
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 17, 2022 16:32:39 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

It wouldn't be long until another person made their entrance and for all the grandeur that one thought came with meeting a Sage it turned into little more than the genin feeling that he was being given the once over. Mairusu wanted to equally avert and keep his gaze on the man but feeling it rude to not look a person in the face he would try his best to avoid staring too much into either differently colored eye too much. "I am, nice to meet you." The boy replied. He was unsure of just what all it took to become a Sage or to pass the title along, but now he was certain that a prerequisite must have been to be just slightly off. Did that mean he would start acting like that one day if he kept with the training?

A gentle thud would signal the arrival of the final member of their band of weirdos followed by what was easily the strongest reptilian accent the boy had ever heard. The chances of it being a speech impediment were probable, but all things considered that would be too easy an excuse to make. Maybe she was just really playing the part to show her enthusiasm and dedication to the sagely arts and after some time the accent would taper off, but as the girl twirled around to meet his gaze with her own steely visage it became clear that that wasn't the case. She looked almost... perturbed by his being there and exaggerated 's's' were all too present during the entirety of her greeting. "H-Hey, yeah I'm happy to finally meet another apprentice, and sure thing about the last name." Aw man, this was so awkward.

The girl's question did bring up a good point. What exactly were they doing here? The summons had been just that, but there were few details regarding what they were actually setting out to accomplish. Mairusu was surprised that this Sage actually stepped foot in the village and he wondered if this one was as enigmatic as the previous... other... one? The genin wasn't actually sure what had happened to Kasumi or if she was even still alive. Could there be two Sages at once? Questions for later. For now, however, the three of them were now together and Mairusu was once again about to embark on a journey to learn the sage arts.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Hiesin Mairusu on Aug 18, 2022 19:01:49 GMT -5
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 27, 2022 13:14:56 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.mitsuda]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitsuda:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[attr="class","mitsuda"]
Mitsuda rolled his eyes subtly, a breath of hot air escaping his lips in a silent sigh. He could see tensions between his two apprentices already rising. He would take this moment and clear the air. "Neither one of you will claim my spot as a Sage if riddled with envy and greed. Think of the three of us as our own…unique little squad,” his words would carry threat and intolerance.

He would turn to Mairusu. "Pleasure? Mmm. I suppose. Show me what you’re capable of, and we’ll get along just fine.” Another thread. Mitsuda expected above-average efforts from the two of them, and anything less would not be tolerated.

"We will first be visiting the summoning realm of the White Snake Sage. A dear, old friend of mine, I expect you treat the realm with respect and dignity. None of this …bullshit.” He'd say for a lack of better wording with a whiff of his hand. "You are both the future of this village, the ones who will defend it when I am no longer capable.”

Mitsuda reached into his cloak and pulled out a scroll, bending down and opening it flat upon the ground. "Each of you, stand there.” He would say, pointing to specific spots on the ground that formed a triangular pattern between himself with the scroll at the epicenter. Once they took their positions, he would form a series of handseals and then slap his hand against the ground. In a puff of smoke, they were teleported to the summoning realm.

A rancid scent would overtake the air, something Mitsuda was quite used to. There was chakra so potent it would cause anyone unused to it to bend over and loses their breakfast was emanating with the taste and thread of death. Mitsuda was already at his knees. Not affected by the stench or the potent chakra, but out of respect as a giant white snake was curled up on a stone throne. Next to it, a face Yaki would be familiar with was also coiled: Manda.

"As discussed, these are two prophesized. I wish for their trial to be held today.”

Mitsuda did not stand. His head was lowered, but his eyes darted to both Yaki and Mairusu. If they were smart, they would do the same as him. The white snake puffed at a pipe, steam roiling upward. He said nothing, but there was a subtle nod. The black snake looked angrily, but also said nothing.

"Very well. Thank you. With your permission, I would like to use your own apprentices as their rivals for the trial, Great Manda. If they cannot beat your own, they are not worthy.”

Manda coiled into the shape of an S, his mouth opening wide as if about to strike, but after several seconds he relaxed his posture. "You know my conditions, Kekkan, but do your hatchlings?” he questioned.

Mitsuda stood, turning to his apprentices. His face was flat and uncaring. "If you fail. You will be eaten. It is not the first of trials to end up in the bellies of ones such as Furu. Let it be the last.” He would pause, gauging their reactions and confidence in their capabilities. "This is your last chance to leave.” He offered them both safeties, but if they refused, he could not guarantee their survival. Mitsuda could not intervene. This was their battle.

last edit by Kekkan Mitsuda on Aug 27, 2022 13:15:19 GMT -5
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 28, 2022 5:20:27 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Her eyes never softened as she listened to her Sensei speak about 'taking over' or not. It would seem she was once more going to be forced to be kind to someone she had no care for and the hiss of indignance came not from her but one of her many snakes hidden away in her coat somewhere. Her snakes were up to something with how they were coiled away inside of her coat.

The next moment the two were placed onto designated spots of a scroll, by the markings it was a summoning of some form, a frown grew on her lips, but Yaki still did not talk back out of an attempt to hold her tongue from spewing hostilities. A low sigh would be the only sound she would emit as she waited. Only taking a moment to check her gear before the trio would find themselves in a completely different location from the forests of Hi no Kuni. A single breath being enough to cause the young viper to still and and lower slowly as her snakes began to crawl out excited by the scent unlike herself.

A glare from Mitsuda would steady her into a similar kneeling bow to his own, though he was not gagging on an empty stomach. Yaki focusing her breathing through her mouth, relying on her scarf as a way to reduce the scent. Mitsuda was going to have her spending a day redoing her laundry before her trip at this rate. The presence of Manda in the background was another detail that did not go missing as she waited for Kekkan to finish his speech. Was this a death battle? Had she really been sent to fight to the death only three days after being named a genin? She had been prepared for a fight, but it was surprising that one was happening so soon.

From her position behind Mitsuda she would glance over at her fellow apprentice to see his reaction and see if he would back out. It would be best if he did, but she figured if he was here he had some level of guts... hopefully, "I will gladly partake, but I do not think any will find it a good idea to ssswallow me," Yaki replied with a hint of warning in her speech, but it was easy to tell why for any. Even the larger scrolls on her body were covered in numerous explosive seals.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Aug 28, 2022 19:29:47 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Not even five minutes into meeting one another and this was already the most awkward thing the boy had ever done. If he could make it through this then there was nothing in this world that could stop the young Genin from reaching his goals, though it remained to be seen if the none too friendly girl would tolerate his presence long enough for that to happen, or if their sensei would tolerate either of his students. Regardless, not everything in life was going to be easy going --especially as a shinobi-- and Mairusu wasn't going to let a bit of adversity shake his resolve.

His attention would remain focused on Mitsuda as he explained what the trio were going to be getting into today, and while he was thankful that they wouldn't be traversing a dangerous forest Mairusu didn't feel all warm and fuzzy about going to visit the home of the Snake Sage. The boy knew little about this world but he had heard tales of those creatures being huge and deadly, so was just showing up out of the blue the smartest thing for them to do? The boy slowly nodded to signal that he understood as any attempt at making words would have ended poorly what with his mind racing at the moment.

Once on the scroll a poof of smoke would take them from the familiar streets of Konoha to a rancid smelling and overbearing place that caused Mairusu to drop to a knee and cover his mouth with one hand to try and stop his breakfast from seeing the light of day again. Short, shallow breathes were the only thing he could manage while trying to focus on his sensei's words and from what he could make out this was a trial? Was this a test for them to become students? And what did he mean by using the snake's own apprentices? Were they going to be fighting giant snakes?! Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all. To make matters even worse, if they lost then they'd be eaten and if the genin could have managed a scream without throwing up he definitely would have. What the hell were they getting into?

Sure, he knew that they would be aligned to snakes in some way, shape or form and would eventually be able to call on them to help but it seemed really over the top for the punishment of not being good enough to become a pupil to be ending up as someones lunch. He knew the road to learning the Sage arts was going to be tough but this.. this wasn't what he signed up for. Then again, the moment Mairusu stepped foot into the academy death had always been a possibility considering the line of work, and if it wasn't on some mission or fighting an enemy country then it could have come here and now so did it really matter? Yes, but he had already gone through one Sage and was beginning to fall behind those had shared classes with so there was no turning back now.

"I'm here to stay." Feigned nerves of steel while in reality the boy was trying to figure out how he was going to beat a giant snake in a fight and not become its lunch.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Nov 21, 2022 22:36:50 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mitsuda"]Mitsuda found he was pleased with their resolve. The two seemed solid in their desires to stay and train underneath him, and although he could sense at least a normal amount of fear in them both (or nerves, perhaps), they stood their ground and spoke without wavering. There wasn’t much more he could ask for. He had tried with so many other apprentices in the past that he had all but given up. Perhaps their arrival would be his last attempt, who knew? Time would tell.

The Sage nodded, "Very well, then. You only need to survive three minutes against Manda’s great apprentices. I will not save you. That is the way of the world.” He spoke dryly, calmly, confidently, though his mind admittedly shook. It never became easier to see people die. It only became easier to ignore and hide it.

Good luck.

His eyes turned to Manda; a simple gesture of his hand turned the floor to the large black snake. Another horrifying hiss ensued, and a puff of smoke appeared before Yaki and Mairusu. From the puff of smoke was a large red snake, as bright red as Manda was pitch black. Its eyes were solid gold and its tongue maroon. Fangs white and shining dripped with glowing yellow venom.

"So small and helpless,” it would say as it slithered in circles around the two apprentices. "And yet…I can smell it, you knowww.” A pause as it lured itself forward, its tongue flicking outward toward Yaki and then Mairusu. "Your chakras…how interesting...”

The red snake slithered back to its place before Manda, facing the two as it prepared itself, it coiled outward and up, its eyes gleaming at the two apprentices, its body ready to strike and it's tail to sweep. Its scales opened outward, revealing a jet-black set of inner scales layered beneath the red as it formed a checkerboard pattern. They were much more defensive in nature than the red, but something about them wreaked of death. "Sssshall we?” it egged with a hiss.

last edit by Kekkan Mitsuda on Nov 21, 2022 22:37:06 GMT -5
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Nov 22, 2022 14:30:12 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsu tensed at the sight of the new opposition between her and her path to power. Then over to Mairusu, a glare became apparent as she tried to tell him to stand with the glance. It was hard enough to breath immediately, though she was adjusting, and talking seemed useless all things considered. In a moment time felt frozen as the area cleared for this new snake to coil the two and size what it saw as prey. The young sage apprentice disagreed with that sentiment and hissed out in an angered fashion that was abnormal for human speech.

Reaching behind her, she saw it fitting to start this grabbing two of the Hakku-ku from her back and splitting the difference of the space with her fellow apprentice as she threw one of the clay balls directly at the giant’s exposed stomach and the other at the ground a few meters in the direction between Mairusu and this massive reptilian. Trying to move out of its immediate range as she set off the fire bomb nearest to the creatures body first to create a larger than normal blast of fire as the oil from the bomb splashed out and licked at the air.

If it moved towards Mairusu she would set off the paperbomb and light that oil ablaze as well.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Nov 22, 2022 20:28:54 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Where one might have found a tad bit of solace upon hearing that they would not be going up against Manda himself the stark realization of surviving against something worthy enough to be one of its great apprentices was more than enough to set that level of fear at a high level once more. However, Mitsuda's instructions were not lost on the boy and the boy need only survive the battle to pass the test and not actually defeat the giant snake and though the girls disposition was none too pleasant Mairusu was thankful that Yaki would be taking this challenge together with him; if only so that he wouldn't be solely targeted by the snake the entire time.

Another great hiss signaled the arrival of the duo's opponent: a huge red snake with golden eyes and fangs dripping with... saliva? Was it so ready for a meal that it could hardly contain itself? Damnit damnit damnit this was such a bad idea. Alas, the boy had already agreed to this bout and he had a sneaking suspicion that trying to back out now would be akin to losing making him something's snack. But they need only survive and it was only three minutes. A little bit of keep away staying active and they'd be done in no time.

Rising to his feet the genin would catch Yaki's glance and offer a slight nod. They were in this together where she liked it or not and they were each other's best bet at not ending up snake food so it was time to get crackin'. He'd watch as Yaki began the festivities by launching a couple of objects aimed aimed both the snake and the space between himself and the snake before one detonated in a fiery explosion. It seemed her thinking was to keep the pressure on their opponent and not let it get a chance to attack with its obvious advantages in size, strength, and speed which was a great idea, but how much time would a fire bomb buy them? Enough for him to help out.

Mairusu would move back from his current position while fishing a couple kunai and explosive notes from his pouch attaching them as quickly as he could. He'd try to wait out the snake's movements from the initial attack before throwing both in whatever direction it was heading. Ironically enough the genin did better in up close combat but in this situation it was surely asking for a quick death so he'd have to make due for now.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Feb 3, 2023 23:34:34 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mitsuda"]The large snake would glare menacingly between the two apprentices, not giving much thought after the match had begun before lunging forward, its large fangs extending outward in an incredibly wide opened jaw, crashing into the rubble of the ground not at, but between them. The ground would shake and shatter, a small quake forming that would extend outward like a tsunami. There would be three waves that formed, each wave becoming increasingly stronger than the previous until eventually if the apprentices did not stick to its surface or find air in some way, they would have much difficulty maintaining their balance.

The serpent’s tail would thrash about as well, looping around and back towards its body in an attempt to catch them off guard either as they landed or by surprise should they have attempted to stay put on the quaking surface. Its beady eyes took note of the tags held within Mairusu’s hand, and the paper bomb in Yaki’s. Its scales were shining bright, almost oddly illuminating underneath the darkness of the cave above them. It would hiss continue thrashing about. The oil and fire would seem to barely affect it now, its defensive capabilities heightened greatly.

Their timing here was vital. They were clearly outmatched by the beast in terms of sheer strength and natural defense, but that was the overall point. Last three minutes and earn Manda’s respect, the ultimate goal for a Snake Sage Apprentice. Mitsuda would have no less.

last edit by Kekkan Mitsuda on Feb 24, 2023 22:50:26 GMT -5
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Feb 25, 2023 16:31:43 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

It seemed that the perogative of survive was one that would need to be maintained rather then defeating this beast. Yaki would watch the ground raise and move back towards the caverns wall in a hurry. Jumping high at an angle as the wave of earth chased her down as well. Forming a few handseals with her hands freed back up of the bombs, as she leaped again attempting to go over the earthy wave of the ground, Pulling out and throwing a few shuriken that were covered in paperbombs as well. She would need to be a bit smarter about her usage of bombs with this thing. Distraction was likely the better policy, assuming Mairasu actually had something up his sleeve.

Landing back onto her feet past the wave, Yaki would follow up her throw of shuriken by simply pulling out a flashbomb. She knew moost snakes didn't actually have proper eyelids, and unsure, she could not judge this snake as well, but it was certainly something to try. She just had to get the freedom to actually throw it in an opening. The snake would likely come for her as it were, since she posed a larger threat? Or at least she certainly hoped that she did.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Feb 27, 2023 13:10:22 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

In any other situation the duo's combo would have worked out pretty well what with oil fueled fire bombs and explosive notes hitting their mark at the same time, unfortunately this was not a normal situation and their opponent seemed to shrug off the attack as if it was less than a nuisance. The gleaming scales of the large snake had caught the genins eye but he didn't have more than a moment to think about them before the beast crashed into the ground between himself and Yaki, the boy instinctively leaping backwards into the air to avoid the strike even though it hadn't been specifically aimed at either of them; but it was a good thing he did considering how unstable terra firma looked at the moment in addition to the tail that had attempted to sweep any who had remained on the ground.

Skidding to a halt Mairusu clicked his teeth as he wondered just how they were going to make it through this thing. Traditional weapons looked all but useless and even fire and explosions did little more than annoy the giant snake. Sure, they weren't tasked with beating the damned thing but even surviving against it was going to be rough if they couldn't slow it down for a moment or two. Looking over at Yaki it seemed the girl was already preparing for another move and it looked like it involved flash bombs.

That was it! The snake would have a hard time trying to kill them if it couldn't see them so they'd just need to keep blinding it for a bit. Performing a single seal the boy would begin to channel raiton chakra to the middle of his forehead, but now all he needed was to get the giant man eating snake to look at him. "Oi, you overgrown lizard. Anyone ever tell you your breath smells like dead cow?" Mairusu would call out to the snake. Did they even eat cows? Ones this big probably did. Regardless, the plan was to get the snake to look at him and if it did the boy would release the technique loosing a bright, blinding light that would hopefully hit its mark.

NAME: Raiton: Senkō Mosu [Lightning Release: Flash Flare]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
The user will perform the needed Handsigns and focus Raiton chakra to a single point above the forehead to cause an instant flash of light to be produced that can blind anyone directly staring at the point of origin for about ten Seconds. This is a great tactical move for those attempting an escape.

WORDS ●   ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 1, 2023 13:13:40 GMT -5
Kekkan Mitsuda
Kekkan Mitsuda Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","mitsuda"]The giant red serpent would take the brunt of the flash from Yaki’s flashbomb, and for a moment it seemed to jolt its head around. It had been temporarily blinded by the attack. Yaki had presumed correct: it did not have protection for its eyes. A large screech escaped it. Its mouth opened wide, a long tongue flickering outward to make sense of its surroundings.

"Damn you brats!” The flickering continued, but the snake continued to jolt its head from side to side in an attempt to locate the two Genin by heat from the pits on its nose and through taste with its tongue. It could still locate them, though its reaction time would be severely compromised.

The snake’s scaled paused their glisten, its hue slowly fading back to normal. One could surmise that the jutsu it had used would require concentration of some sort, or perhaps could only be held for so long.

Mairusu’s comment would allow the snake to find his location, despite being blinded still by the flashbomb. It struck outward quickly in Mairusu’s direction, being caught again by another flare and taking the brunt of its damage. Despite being hit with the flare, the snake would still strike outward to Mairusu due to the boy giving away his position. The Genin would need to be quick on his feet in order to dodge the strike. If he failed, it would be quite easy to crush a leg or arm underneath the bulk of the snake’s body.

Mitsuda continued to watch closely as the two Genin continued to fight. He would assess their skills, or where they lacked. So far, though, he was impressed with their teamwork and timing.

last edit by Kekkan Mitsuda on Mar 1, 2023 13:14:39 GMT -5
The Sage Path pt.1 [Mission]Mar 8, 2023 21:39:17 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

It would seem he had forgotten in his weakness, Yaki had not thrown just one bomb earlier. That was fine by her. A single snake hand seal and a hiss took the air from her lips as she set the broken oil pot and paperbombs would go off. The clay ball she had previously tossed between the snake and Mairasu coming back to bite if for having stopped its protective jutsu. If it got caught it would certainly be stopped up momentarily as far as motion was concerned. Were they about to be able to run a circle of death on this adder? Actually was this an adder?

Yakitsukeru didn't know, but she was more than poised to abuse the giant prick for all he(?) was worth. She really did need to meet more of the contract's summoned animals. Moving in rotation around the back of the long reptilian she would angle the next flash bomb in a curve to arc towards its heads further position. It should have been recovering its senses, and the continued disorientation, was just smart. A hissing laugh would continue from the girl, finding this entire situation hilarious.

"Hiesssin-Sssan itsss your turn now! Better not get eaten, that would make my job too easssy in sssuccesssion!" Yakitsukeru would call with her laugh filling the cave now. Continuing to run past where the snake had been she would make a line behind the shuriken that she had thrown before to keep them between here and the serpent.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Relevant text from earlier post:
[Reaching behind her, she saw it fitting to start this grabbing two of the Hakku-ku from her back and splitting the difference of the space with her fellow apprentice as she threw one of the clay balls directly at the giant’s exposed stomach and the other at the ground a few meters in the direction between Mairusu and this massive reptilian.]