And It Feels So Good

compose a reply
And It Feels So GoodMar 27, 2023 11:30:43 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]That was the responsible, or proper, thing to do, wasn’t it? That was what his parents made him do after he ate. He wasn’t allowed to train too quickly after eating, not to mention that if he were even to attempt to do that he’d probably throw up and just regret it later. Goro paid for the meal to celebrate their "long-time-no-see.” He wouldn’t accept any offer she had to pay as stubborn and adamant as he was about it.

Yuki was a lifelong friend of Goro’s–not that it was a necessarily long life. If anything, Goro felt she was family. As it went, they seemed to trade pay here and there, and keeping tabs wasn’t really ever a thing. Goro was in a well-enough place now, especially after hitting Genin, and able to go out on missions of his own and he was surprisingly good with his money. Being only nine years old and being paid as much as he was made things a lot easier as well. His parents still took care of the food and bills, so anything he earned from his hard work on missions was just being set aside except for a decently-sized allowance for entertainment and his own discretion.

With that being said, Goro cleaned up the table slightly to help the waitress and left–presumedly with Yuki following. He opened the door, letting her walk through first as they then made their way into the sun of Iwagakure. The heat felt good on Goro’s golden hair. The food and the heat were making him sleepy, and sitting down on a nearby bench to rest and digest felt like a good idea. The shade felt good, and the wind coming through was even more relaxing.

The boy let out a sigh, placing his hands behind his head as he leaned back. "Yeaaa, just gimme a few minutes, then we can hit the training grounds. Would be good to catch up some more anyway, yea?” He pondered for a bit, his blue eyes catching passersby as they made their way through the village streets. "So, outside of them summons, what else ya got goin’ on? Got any new goals?”

mint has written 211 posts
And It Feels So GoodMar 29, 2023 11:36:33 GMT -5
Nanashi Yuki
No mountain too steep, no valley too deep!
Nanashi Yuki Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 12 years old birthday 12/29 rank Genin occupation Gorilla Sage Apprentice

[Word Count]: 315
OOC Note(s):

Yuki put up no fight about the pay. She didn't exactly have the same support network he did, what with her staying in an orphanage. She had to spend a lot of her own earnings on buying and maintaining her own equipment- even more expensive with her specializing in weaponry- so a chance to save some money without hurting anyone's feelings was a welcome relief. She stepped through with a hilariously dainty curtsy- "Why, thank yewwww, my gewd surrrr~" She declared in a sappy, over-the-top imitation of rich folk, and then sauntered out to clear the doorway. The bench was just fine with her, and she plopped down with a happy sigh, arms draped over the back of the bench.

"Oh, yeah, take your time. This is a good deal, between th' sun an' th'breeze." Yuki pondered his question a moment, before answering, "I really wanna lean inta learning this Sage stuff. It's still super weird t'me. I'm absorbing all this... life chakra? Out of th'stuff around me? It's not like stuff wilts'r dies, it's just there. But I'm still learning about its place in th'world, OUR place in th'world, and how we can harness that balance an' wisdom t', like.

Be a badass,"
she finished, rubbing her head a bit. "It's not my forte, all this philosophy stuff, but th'rilla-samas say its important, an' Taki seems t'agree, so... I'm tryin'. It's gonna get me left behind, I think- I'm not studying my bukijutsu or anything meanwhile, and I think you'll probably hit Chuunin before I even try the exams, but. This seems more important than some rank onna page."

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Skills/Traits In-Usage]:
▣ | Passive | Relentless Resources (Enchanced Ch. Reserves)
▣ | Passive | Spider Monkey (Enchanced Speed)
[Items Worn[Passively]]: ▣ None
[Items used]: ▣ None
[/b]
[Sennin Mōdō [Rotation]]:0 ▣ | [Deactive]
[Techniques Executed]:

Template "Borrowed" From Jian![/blockquote][/div][/div][/div]
    Threnody has written 149 posts
    And It Feels So GoodSept 19, 2023 19:23:08 GMT -5
    Okada Goro
    Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
    Okada Goro Avatar
    groupRock Shinobi
    age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
    [newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
    [attr="class","goropost"]Goro was glad to see that he didn’t have to force Yuki’s hand when it came to paying for the meal. His mother taught him to be a "gentleman” as he called it, and he knew he’d never hear the end of it if she found out that he let her pay. He was neither for it nor against it, but it did make him feel a little better about himself to put a smile on her face–not that he would admit to it. He shrugged, "Yeaaa yea, whateva,” he said, his eyes shying away, "Just remember that next time ya gots a spare ChocoRock on ya.”

Her response to his question wasn’t so surprising. He relaxed a bit further, letting his stomach settle the food that had entered it. He listened to her explain her learning process with Taki. He’d heard his cousin explain it before, but hearing it from Yuki seemed to be like he was hearing it for the first time. He looked over at her, noticing her excitement but he also wondered to himself whether or not she looked maybe a bit overwhelmed.

"Meh. You’ll do fine,” he said, waving his hand about and then raising it to his face to scratch the tip of his nose. His eyes closed, then one opened to peek over at her as she started talking again. Goro let out a small laugh that was just barely audible through an exhale out of his nose. "A badass, huh? Not gonna be more of a badass den me,” he said matter-of-factly.

"I think the whole rankin system is a bunch’a bull if ya ask me,” He returned his hands to rest below his head, staring up at the blue sky. "‘Sides. You could beat any one of ‘em with yer hands behind yer back. Even as a Genin. 'Cept me, of course.” He had to add the last bit as though he were counting swearing by it.

mint has written 211 posts
    And It Feels So GoodSept 20, 2023 19:12:30 GMT -5
    Nanashi Yuki
    No mountain too steep, no valley too deep!
    Nanashi Yuki Avatar
    groupRock Shinobi
    age 12 years old birthday 12/29 rank Genin occupation Gorilla Sage Apprentice

[Word Count]: 347
    OOC Note(s):

"I'll be sure I 'member, don't worry. A good nin always pays her debts!" Yuki reassured the suddenly bashful blonde, clapping him on the shoulder. as they wandered out.

"I mean, I'd better do fine. Or I'm gonna be a statue. Taki showed me what happened t'folx that fuck it up- er, sorry," she added quickly as she swore without thinking about it. "Ya end up this dead rock. Sometimes th'rilla-sama's can help balance it all back out but it's... tough. I get ta look pretty cool, though! When I do it right, I get all fuzzy an'strong an'stuff!"

She snorted a bit at his assertion, shrugging. "Maybe! I'm not here to be better'n you. If all anyone wanted was t'be better'n everyone else, then I dunno how anyone could work together proper-like. Like, what if sabotaging you so I could be cooler was something I cared about? We couldn't work together then, an'we'd both be less awesome for it. So be as awesome as you can be! I'll do the same, an'whoever's th'most awesome gets... to buy the snacks~!"

Yuki laced her hands behind her head and looked up at the sky. "I don't think it's crap. I... lost my adoptive fam'ly on missions, ya know. The ranks are meant to keep th'people we care about from gettin' sent on missions tougher'n they are. If ya always send people too strong for th'mission, ya always get'em back after. So ranking systems make sense ta me."

His statement at the end made her snicker. "Maybe with ONE hand tied behind my back! I'm a weapon fighter, remember? Buki all th'way, baybee! I gotta have at least ONE-"

She paused and tried to think. "... I wonder if I could use weapons with my feet while I was doing the whole sage thing..."

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Skills/Traits In-Usage]:
    ▣ | Passive | Relentless Resources (Enchanced Ch. Reserves)
    ▣ | Passive | Spider Monkey (Enchanced Speed)
    [Items Worn[Passively]]: ▣ None
    [Items used]: ▣ None
    [Sennin Mōdō [Rotation]]:0 ▣ | [Deactive]
    [Techniques Executed]:

Template "Borrowed" From Jian!
      Threnody has written 149 posts