A Broken Road Leads To A New Beginnings

compose a reply
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsSept 8, 2022 0:40:14 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

"In the midst of chaos..."

Hefting a large box of documents in her arms Azarea carefully navigated the hallways of the Kage tower. Stepping around and over the various creaking floorboards with the well worn knowledge of a woman who'd practically lived nearly half her life behind a desk in that exact same tower. When Riku had taken off to wander once more Azarea couldn't really say she was all that surprised even if she was a bit heartbroken to watch her mentor leave. What did surprise her though was the letter and key in the mail asking her to 'watch' his apartment. At first she'd thought that meant he wanted her to mind whatever poor unfortunate plants the man might have kept and move them to her own abode for temporary safe keeping. What it actually meant though was hauling the heaps of unimportant, but needed for filing documents the lovable bastard had stashed in one of his spare rooms in order to avoid work back to the tower for safe keeping. It'd taken her nearly a week to get an appointment with the new Raikage in hopes of explaining not only the current situation, but her own special circumstances she had no doubt her mentor had buried in order to ensure her survival.

After all the last thing she wanted was for her to begin to make a name in her new home only for her old clan to show up pissed and making trouble on her Kage's doorstep and the poor woman not even know why they were there. Rapping her knuckles on the familiar door to the office Azarea coughed once out of habit then called out, "Azarea genin register number 0404 here for a meeting with you Raikage-sama." through the door hoping the poor woman wasn't too buried under the mess of paperwork her predecessor no doubt left and feeling a bit bad about the fact she was going to add to it.

"There is also opportunity."

Jutsu Used And Other Notes Go Here

Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 323 |

last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 8, 2022 0:40:33 GMT -5
Keen has written 1,221 posts
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsSept 20, 2022 8:40:33 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

Killing was easy. Paperwork was fucking hard.

Not for the first time that day, Kizumi put down her pen and rested her head in her hands. There was so much, and she never seemed to be able to catch up—the second she thought she was gaining ground, a new avalanche of mission reports and promotional recommendations and transfer requests and letters and missives and meetings tumbled onto her desk. War was on the horizon, sure, but it was also in her office, and every day she suited up and waded into the bloodshed.

Once she was done indulging in her melodrama, Kizumi rubbed at her temples and cast a longing glance to her liquor cabinet. But it was barely noon, and there was still more work to do. And wasn’t there… something on her schedule? Daisuke had given her the run-down this morning, a meeting with a genin that he’d blocked out for her? What time was that supposed to be—

A knock at her door. Azarea, genin register 0404, et cetera.

Now. It was supposed to be now. Kizumi sighed, and straightened up. Couldn’t be slouching and dismayed in front of her genin, right?

"Right on time!” she said, far more brightly than she felt and with no way of knowing if that was the truth or not. She crossed the room to open the door—then mentally kicked herself. She was supposed to do the whole ‘come in!’ and make them enter themselves, that whole power play routine—but it was a hard habit to break, just going to get the door for someone. Whatever. A minor issue, in the grand scheme of things.

Then, as the door opened:

"Ah, shit,” Kizumi said, dismayed. In front of her was a young woman—though not as young as she’d expected?—with vibrant red hair and a full box of documents. "Those are for me, I’m guessing.” A wry grin tugged at her lips, and she shook her head. "Alright, come in.”

She took the box from the young woman and brought it over to her desk, shifting her paper trays and filing folders aside to make room for it.

"I hope you didn’t go through the effort of scheduling a meeting with me just to deliver some papers, Azarea-san,” Kizumi said, squinting at the exterior of the box as if that would reveal its secrets. At the same time, she glanced over at the little notebook she’d been keeping ever-handy.

1130. Aburame Azarea. Status & development.

Aburame. Interesting.

"What can I help you with, then?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 452 posts
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsSept 20, 2022 9:45:05 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The new Raikage is... expressive, to say the least. As Azarea finds herself initially reaching for the doorknob only to find the door opened and her staring down at Kizumi who seems just as surprised by her appearance as Azarea was her own. The woman no doubt having expect a kid or a teen rather then a grown woman only recently returned to the field. "Ah," The woman murmurs clicking her tongue somewhat bereft at what to say in this situation. Riku had preferred to keep their relationship casual, but then again it was very hard to be formal with a man when you'd spent so much time keeping his hair out of his face when he was throwing up sick or your spare time covering for them. Perhaps a respectful medium? Though the look of almost despair on the woman's face at the sight of the box of papers has Azarea grimacing in sympathy specially given the disaster zone of paperwork that is the woman's office.

"I apologize for being the bearer of bad news Ma'am. Apparently Riku had taken these home for review and failed to bring them back to be archived. Most of them I'd already stamped off on with his approval when I'd had the authority to do so, but they need to be stored away properly." She offers hoping to lend the woman some minor amount of light at the end of the tunnel as her eyes fall on the various stacks of paperwork... more stacks then there really should have been and frowns. Her eyes snapping back to the Raikage at the gentle reminder of her purpose there.

"As for why I'm here. I'm certain you're in the middle of reviewing the files of all active duty shinobi. Until a short while ago I was on medical leave serving as a secretarial understudy for Nanadiame Raikage, but with his departure and my recent medical tests I've been cleared to return to active duty. So my file will likely be unburied from wherever Riku stashed it to allow me some anonymity. The majority of the file is redacted, but as Raikage you have the authority to unredact it so I thought it might be prudent to report on it's contents with my own mouth rather then leave it up to interpretation." The woman admits with a respectful dip of her head well aware she is perhaps overstepping her bounds a little by presuming to report to the Raikage on such matters rather then waiting to be called.

But it might take literal months, possibly years for her file to be found depending on which crevice or crack in the archives Riku had shoved it and she has no intention of working hard only to have that which she has earned possibly snatched from her due to a misunderstanding or misconception that she was perhaps still loyal to her former village.

"I no longer have the right to use it, but my full name is Aburame Azarea. I am a political exile from Konohagakure no Sato sent here under the guise of a shinobi exchange program. The truth of the matter is that I was the unaware accessory to clan treason and an attempted coup within the Aburame clan and the Hokage at the time had no grounds to have me executed, but couldn't very well keep me around. So after I faced 'clan justice' I was released from my vows as a Konohagakure shinobi, sworn in as a Kumogakure shinobi by Riku-sensei and traveled with him here." She summarizes words clipped and bereft of emotion, back straight as she gives her report. Though a slight frown tugs at her lips as Azarea gives voice next to the details hidden between the lines.

"At the times Kumogakure was in desperate need of the supplies and aid Konohagakure could give and ensuring I was 'out of sight and out of mind' I believe was one of the ways Riku-sensei was able to secure such a deal. I do not believe Konohagakure expected in my weakened state that I would survive the Plague. Despite my past I take my vows to Kumogakure very seriously. Sensei apprenticed me, gave me work I could do in my condition, and provided me with shelter and care. I have sought to repay him with my work if such a debt could ever be repaid. Kumo is my home. I know I am newly returned to the forces, but it is my hope to make Jounin Hanchou within a year to two years." She states and there is a fondness and fire to her voice when it comes to her now homeland. Though her outright statement of intent in regards to the Hanchou position is more a heads up should the new Raikage find the idea unappealing.

"In the short term though... once I've proven my metal and made chuunin perhaps I could be off assistance to you as a bodyguard? You already have an assistant, but I've shadowed Riku for years and should it please you I think I could make your transition a little easier. If you'd like." Azarea offers allowing herself to cautiously approach the desk as she taps a gloved finger on the stack of promotion requests and reviews.

"I don't want to presume how you do things Ma'am, but I'm not sure why these are cluttering your desk. They're meant to go to the war council for review first to weed out shinobi that don't have the basic mission count and qualifications before bringing the list of qualified individuals to you." She explains voice gentle her scarlet eyes darting to the Raikages face after each sentence spoken to ensure it was safe to continue and that she was not angering the woman with her explanations.

"Your assistant should have the authority to review, approve, or deny D and C-rank missions on your behalf so long as the missions don't require leaving Kaminari-no-kuni if you feel confident delegating to them. In addition to reviewing and filing the reports," She points to the large pile of lower grade mission requests and reports, "You can likely delegate the organization of your meeting list to your assistant as well and the head of ANBU. In order for the Special Forces to begin reconnaissance so you enter into your meetings with up to date and accurate intel." She quietly gestures to the piles of familiar meeting request scrolls.

"I'm certain you will organize and delegate how you see fit Ma'am, but I realized in his rush perhaps Sensei did not think to ah... leave a note on how he was organizing things and where he left everything?" The Aburame half offers, half inquires, eyeing Kizumi somewhat warily as if uncertain how the woman would take this information. To her eyes at least it was clear someone was at best testing the Raikage with all this paperwork and backlog or at worst... trying to offload or trick Kizumi into doing their work for them because no one had yet thought to tell the Raikage that they had people for this or that. For while the poison and sickness had cost her years of her shinobi career Azarea had long since learned to perfect the art of paperwork and the age old practice of learning how to assess whether a problem needed to be kicked up or down the chain of command.

Or if the Raikage just needed to find some doors and get to kicking butt. Sometimes the latter was more effective at times then the former.

Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |

last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 20, 2022 22:32:46 GMT -5
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsSept 30, 2022 5:17:35 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

Context clues: Riku was an interesting one. Paperwork finalization authorization, also interesting; the consternated little frown she gave the mountain of paperwork on Kizumi’s desk, discouraging.

Kizumi took a seat, and she listened.

It was a long story neatly summarized in a clipped and professional manner, despite the emotional weight that had to have been behind clan treason and executed and released from my vows.

Physically frail yet incredibly ambitious—again, interesting. Bodyguard, jounin, Jounin Hanchou, all in such a cramped timeframe.

Azarea approached the casualty-ridden battlefield that was Kizumi’s desk; Kizumi only gestured in a vague, as you wish sort of way, benignly offering up the chaos of her workflow for observation. As Azarea went through her explanations, she only nodded, encouraging the young woman to continue.

It was an efficient explanation, the clear & thorough understanding of someone who was well-practiced in bureaucracy in a way that Kizumi fundamentally was not.

The jounin sighed, steepling her fingers and resting her chin on her interlocked hands.

"If you’d come up here a month ago I would’ve offered Daisuke that bodyguard position he wants so bad, and made you my assistant,” Kizumi said pensively. "Don’t tell him I said that, he’ll be pissed. Alright.”

She leaned back in her chair, giving the bodies of the damned a critical eye. "I figured there would be people I could kick all this around to, but honestly, I wanted to make sure I could do it myself before I started trying to delegate it all. I’ve never been good at paperwork, you know? Crunched through mission reports over drinks like it was a chore. Most boring part of the day. Hated the paperwork. But you—she lifted a hand, gesturing vaguely to all of Azarea, " —are a gem. Nanadaime was apprenticing you for—genjutsu, I’m assuming. Can’t help much with that personally, but I can help with that ambition of yours.”

She clicked her tongue, thoughtful.

"Take a seat, Azarea-san,” she said. "Tell me about yourself.”

LAIKA OF THQ

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsSept 30, 2022 7:00:19 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

When her explanations are met with interest rather then hostility or annoyance Azarea relaxes a touch and allows herself too approach the desk fully. The young woman taking a seat in the chair across from it as she drags the piece of furniture forward to allow her to better look over the papers strewn across it as she had once done for Riku. A startled laugh bubbling up from her throat as Kizumi jokes about had she appeared earlier making her the assistant instead of Daisuke. Getting a good laugh in until she realizes...

"Oh. You're not joking," Azarea quips startled as she rapidly throws her hands up in the universal sign of 'do not want' palm outward facing and shaking her head, "Ma'am I swear don't punish me that way! I'm way more useful not as the Raikage's assistant. There's a reason Riku never gave me the post in writing." She is quick to exclaim lest Kizumi change her mind. True she felt a wee bit sorry for Daisuke, but he was suffering for the good of others and she'd make sure to pick up the man a spiked coffee or tea or whatever his drink of choice was as an apology for sacrificing him to the gods of bureaucracy.

"I um... I don't know if you know Ma'am, but the Raikage's assistant is general considered the defacto heir to the village and share's the Kage's authority. Which is why they are able to act in their stead if the Kage is sick or something happens. Because of this they have to report everything to ensure they're not abusing that authority so they've got a constant paper trail and a lot of eyes on them." Azarea points out, "But as a bodyguard or unofficial assistant you can just 'order' me to go handle something and I only have to report it to you and well if it's done imperfectly... it technically wasn't my job in the first place so oopsie."

"Riku used to just slap me on the wrist and take me off of mission rotation, which I technically wasn't on anyway, and give me like a month probation sorting paperwork as punishment whenever it got back to the council something had been done 'imperfectly.' Of course my job was to sort paperwork anyway so..." She gestures to the pile of papers and shrugs. Smirking just a bit in memory of some of her Kage's antics back then.

"But honestly Ma'am... you shouldn't be so hard on yourself." Azarea adds voice a touch softer, just a little more kind as she glances towards the mess and then back at the weary Raikage. "It's ok to delegate most of this stuff. You just need to learn the coding system to figure out what to prioritize than the job gets a lot easier." She explains eyes flicking over the papers before she decides to pull out some old tricks. Holding her hand flat she calls forth a few members of her hive. A handful of little fluffy white bettles with gold carapace's pouring out of her sleeve to settle on her palm.

"Find papers that smell like the shinobi council and civilian council members. You remember the ones. Also that rat bastard Teshi from the Daimyo's court." She orders as the bugs flit over the piles of paperwork scuttling and between pages in their search as Azarea glances up to meet Kizumi's eyes discarding her more passive polite manner in favor of frank directness since it seemed to be this Raikage's style just like Riku's. Revealing bright cutting scarlet eyes, and a sharp aristocratic nose paired with high cheek bones. Giving her appearance, when not half hidden by the long strands of her crimson hair, were it not for the scars and sallow slightly sunken cheeks she probably would have been a stunner.

"As for myself..." The young woman hesitates uncertain what there is to tell, "You're right. I was apprentice under Riku for my capacity for genjutsu, but I'll be honest he mostly took me under his wing because of my skills with paperwork and because at the time he needed someone forces in Kumo couldn't easily control. At the time I was wonderfully free. I had no one and cared for nothing so there was no bribe members who needed ousting could offer me to overlook their little inconsistencies." She admits hardly proud of the days she spent digging up paper trails like other shinobi dug up bodies, but neither was she ashamed.

"I like my Kikaichu, plants, and tea. I paint some, I'm bad at it, but I do it. I enjoy Kumo sunrises and sunsets and like gossiping with the old biddies in the market. Uhh..." Azarea trails off before catching her train of thought, "My dream is to one day become Jounin Hanchou and oversee the War Council. I'd like to earn a 'Flee On Sight' order in at least three countries and one day have a perfectly legal and valid excuse to punch the Daimyo's secretary in the face, but I'm not holding my breath on that last one. You'll figure out why once you get to know him."

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsOct 10, 2022 10:22:14 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

The defacto heir to the village. "Oh, I’m aware,” Kizumi said distantly, thinking back to Daisuke’s offense at her offering him the assistant position; but she left it at that, and chose not to elaborate further. Sweet, sweet boy. Dumbass. He’d understand someday. Hopefully.

Azarea went into more detail as to how Nanadaime had utilized her particular skillset, worming through some loopholes to get things done… off the books, as it were. This made her wrinkle her nose slightly, as the newness of her position made her wary of breaking too many rules—at least, before she knew them that well—but it wasn’t a philosophy she disagreed with. She’d been afforded quite a bit of autonomy, especially during the plague years, so Nanadaime’s methodology here didn’t really surprise her.

Kizumi watched as the young woman’s beetles flowed out from her sleeve and went sifting through her paperwork; she leaned back, not out of apprehension or fear, but rather to let the little guys do what they apparently were trained to do quite well.

As Azarea finished her description of herself, Kizumi looked away from the bugs and met the genin’s eyes, her own crinkling at the corners in a smile. "The Daimyo’s secretary,” she said, "is the rat bastard Teshi?”

She considered the rest of the information laid out before her.

"To be Jounin Hanchou, you’ll need to be a jounin,” Kizumi said mildly. "If you want to be one of my bodyguards, you’ll have to be a chuunin at least. You’re only just now back on regular duty, but you’ve got experience. If I register you for the exams, will you be prepared in time?”

She paused again, and tilted her head.

"Do you still have no one?” she asked. "Care for nothing?”

LAIKA OF THQ
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsOct 10, 2022 11:22:21 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

After a few moments the insects would group together to tug the important papers from the piles as Azarea carefully stacked them and offered them to Kizumi with a respectful bow. "Here you go Ma'am. If you look these over you should be able to note some patterns that will make your job easier." She offers pointing to the various seals and handwriting.

"The rat bastard Teshi," And she seems completely disinclined even at risk of a demerit to change her way of referring to her sometimes past nemesis, "Gathers information for the Daimyo. So rather then ask for something directly the Daimyo often sends him to inquire about things or items and people in relation to something the Daimyo is interested in. So you can usually use whatever he's up to with his missives or inspections to figure out what the court's next orders will be." Azarea explains her expression tight with well concealed distaste for the man in question. True he was just a tool the Daimyo wielded, but Teshi appeared to take a perverse pleasure in using his power and the benefits it gave him. That and she disliked how his eyes had lingered on her over the years. His gaze making her skin crawl.

As the topic shifted to promotions Azarea allowed herself to relax a touch, "I believe I will be ready by the exams if not before Raikage-Sama. I am... not the strongest, but what I lack in strength I make up with in hard work." She explains knowing all too well that without proof her words sounded hollow. Empty platitudes would get her nowhere, but she was prepared to put in her best efforts. Though Kizumi's last question clearly catches the woman flat footed as Azarea pauses blinking once. Then twice. Wariness quickly sharpening those scarlet eyes and for all her face hardens into a mask it's clear the young woman is wondering if she had allowed herself to be too candid, trust too quickly, risked her career and progress with her efforts to help. The reactions that of a girl too used to holding out a hand to come away with her fingers burned.

"I had Riku." She murmurs voice soft, but Riku was gone.

"And I have the People of Kumogakure." Azarea adds feeling woefully small. Well aware how important relationships and blood ties were in determining loyalty and control over ones shinobi population. While Kaminari no Kuni was a land welcoming of refugees those who did not put down roots were viewed with certain wariness. Azarea herself had been made to feel like a foreigner in her own home more than once.

"I will be honest Raikage-sama. I don't like tyrants or authority without accountability. Kumogakure took me in when no where else would and I love this land and her people. Villages were created to protect those people and those villages that fail to do so are worse than useless." She murmurs holding Kizumi's gaze knowing full well that the next exchange might make or break her career wholly dependent upon if the Raikage wished for an unquestioning tool with blunted edges that would always see the job done or an intelligent questioning tool that risked occasionally nicking ones fingers, but that could cut through more complicated issues rather then mangle them.

"So I suppose I can no longer say that I am woefully free and care for no one and nothing, but my love and loyalty can never again be blind."

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsNov 20, 2022 10:12:48 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

Kizumi took the stacked papers with a murmured thank you, placing them down directly in front of her. She pulled her notebook closer, scribbling down a short note at the bottom of her to-do list: AZ’s papers.

As she listened to Azarea’s explanation of Teshi’s function within the court, she nodded, and scribbled down another note: Teshi - Court, underlined twice. "Interesting,” she said faintly, clearly lost in thought.

More food for thought: Azarea’s confidence regarding the chuunin exams. Most genin, herself included back in the day, felt some degree of trepidation when the exams approached, but Azarea betrayed none of that; either she genuinely felt secure in her ability to perform, or she was just very good at concealing her insecurity.

But her expression sharpened, and Kizumi sensed that she had overstepped; pried too much too soon. And, she remembered faintly, this wasn’t just a casual conversation over drinks at a bar; she was the Raikage now, and if she asked a Shinobi a question, they were duty-bound to answer to the best of their ability. Or more specifically: to give an answer, whatever they believed would satisfy her.

Riku again. Not just a slip, then; she and Nanadaime had clearly been close.

She held Azarea’s gaze, listening quietly as Azarea explained herself; a small, pleased smile rose to her lips.

"Good,” she said, satisfied. Kumogakure had been her own home for over twenty years—she’d traveled far and wide in that time, but Lightning Country was always there, waiting for her, eternal in her heart of hearts.

There was a possibility that Azarea was just telling her what she thought she wanted to hear—but Kizumi took the young woman’s sentiments at face value, choosing to believe in the earnest nature of the moment. "Thank you for your honesty, Azarea—and for your help.” Her smile turned wry. "I have… a lot more homework to do than I realized.” She’d been burning the candle at both ends, but she’d live; the more she learned, the faster she learned it, the better off they’d all be.

Their scheduled meeting time was winding down, but before it ended: "Do you have any questions for me? Kizumi asked. "And—honestly, you can drop all the Raikage-sama stuff.” She wrinkled her nose. "Just Kizumi is fine.” All the trappings were entirely too stiff for her comfort, and she knew there was something to be said on holding titles and using honorifics and being addressed with the decorations of the station and blah blah blah—but, at the end of it all, they were just two people having a conversation, and Raikage-sama made her feel like less of a person and more of an autonomous Kage hat.

And she hated the damn hat.

LAIKA OF THQ

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsNov 23, 2022 14:38:50 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

The Devil That You Forgot

Paycheck

The red head relaxes worried perhaps she'd been too blunt. Most in power didn't like their authority questioned or even implied that it might be, but she couldn't just... ignore the people who'd taken her in. If they suffered then she suffered. "You're welcome Raikag~" She half catches herself as Kizumi asks her to drop the formalities, "Err... Kizumi-sama?" It's still somewhat formal, but a start as Azarea chafes a bit against her old clan manners. Her time in Kumogakure had made her more flexible, but it was hard to completely abandon the niceties she'd been taught as a child.

"I don't believe I have any questions thus far aside from the fact that with your permission I'd like to branch out and handle some missions in friendly countries it'd..." She sighs and decides to just toss aside the bush beating, "I think it'd help our diplomacy and honestly if I'm going to take money I'd rather it be other people's money I can bring back here." Azarea adds her methods mercenary, but each paycheck she took from struggling civilians and straining clans came with a healthy heaping of guilt. She'd rather fleece foreigners and fat traveling merchants for money and spend it in Kumogakure stores while earning them a reputation of being the village one went to when you needed a job done right.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 225 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Feb 16, 2023 8:56:01 GMT -5
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsFeb 6, 2023 4:54:47 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

Kizumi-sama. Kizumi’s face scrunched up involuntarily and she shook her head. The title was one thing, but the dissonance in hearing that formal honorific attached to her given name made her head hurt. "That’s worse, I think. Whatever you’re comfortable with, but just Kizumi is fine.”

Azarea asked an interesting question, though: traveling abroad, offering aid to allies and bringing foreign money back across Lightning borders. Kizumi just smiled, close-lipped, and rescued a sheaf of papers from a corner of her chaotic desk. There was some method to the madness; at the very least, she knew where to grab what she was looking for without having to dig.

"Entrepreneurial spirit,” Kizumi said, picking a half-dozen papers out from the stack. "My sister would love you. Here.” She held the papers out: they were mission briefings, not yet rolled and sealed, but clearly stamped with the Hokage’s seal of approval. "Our allies are few, but steadfast. Konohagakure has been dealing with some… internal problems as of late, and the Hokage was more than happy to agree to some collaborative efforts. Some of the Leaf-nin help out here, some of the Cloud-nin help out there, everybody wins.”

She put the papers back, and leaned back in her chair. "But whether or not you go depends on your comfort, Azarea. As a representative of Kumogakure you would have diplomatic protection, but depending on the nature of the Aburame’s… ‘clan justice’... you would be well within your rights to refuse. I intend to reach out to the Lord of Kusagakure and the Kazekage to try to make some magic, but it’ll be some time before anything happens on those fronts, I think. The Leaf is seeking aid now… if you want, you could leave as early as tomorrow.”

Kizumi’s expression was warm, her mouth curved into the suggestion of a smile, the crinkling at the edges of her lone exposed eye suggesting a lifetime of laughter and good humor. But her crimson gaze was piercing, her tone purely earnest. "I have contacts in Konoha; I know people who can look out for you. But your safety comes first. You can say no, and it won’t be held against you. I swear that on my honor as a shinobi.”

LAIKA OF THQ

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsFeb 16, 2023 18:29:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Hope

Azarea goes a touch still at the mention of her former village, but the young woman rallies soon enough. Dragging in a ragged breath and giving a short sharp nod of acceptance. "I would be honored to do this." She murmurs and though there is a little edge of wariness to her voice her tone is honest.

"I won't lie and say that I trust their clans or my former clan to behave, but... I'm not so blind as to hate and fear an entire village for the actions of a few. The people of Konoha need aid now and if they are willing to pay us for our work then all the better. Work is... work's something I can do. I want to work." Azarea assures Kizumi a solid determination to those scarlet eyes.

"Kumo took me in when no where else would. The village cared for me even at a loss to itself. I was one more mouth to feed. One more medical bill to pay, but they didn't leave me in the lurch even when there was no guarantee that I would ever fully recover. I tried to pay my way as a civilian would while I was ill, but the best I could do was be a little less of a burden." She admits with no small amount of shame.

"But things are different now. Maybe as a genin there is only so much I can do, but this much..." Azarea murmurs staring down at the joint missions and the payment amounts listed beside them. "This much I can do. I have every intention of paying Kumo back tenfold for their kindness to me. Not out of obligation, but out of thanks."

"Please allow me to do this Kizumi-san," The less formal title a bit awkward in Azarea's mouth, but she offers her Kage a smile. An actual smile full of confidence and stubborn hope.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsFeb 26, 2023 5:38:38 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

It would have been easy for Azarea to refuse, sensible even, but she didn’t. And her story was something that spoke to Kizumi, deep in the back of her mind where she had carefully tucked away the memories of her childhood; the long walk from her family’s shack of a fishing shop to the capital, with all their belongings in the pack on Akemi’s back, Kizumi gripping Masahi’s hand tight. The long, cold, hungry months before Kizumi had enlisted; disappearing in the middle of the night with an escort to Kumogakure; the sheer pride she had felt when she sent her first real paycheck back home.

This much I can do, Azarea said, and Kizumi understood innately.

"Then I’ll leave this in your capable hands,” she said with a smile. "Here, let me just finish those off—”

She reclaimed the scrolls, signing each before affixing her own village’s seal.

"A good friend of mine is on Konoha’s shinobi council,” she said, passing the mission requests back to Azarea as she finished each one. "I’ll write to him to let him know that you’ll be coming, ask him to keep an eye out for you. It’s not much, but it’s something. If you have any issues, don’t hesitate to leave immediately.”

The last of the missions finished, Kizumi looked back up.

"Thank you for your help, Azarea, truly,” she said. She meant it sincerely: it was good to know that she had someone familiar with Nanadaime’s work in her corner. Someone she could trust. "Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. You can leave as soon as you’re ready.” She winked—or was it a blink? Hard to tell with the eyepatch. "I’d wish you luck, but I’m sure you won’t need it.”

LAIKA OF THQ

A Broken Road Leads To A New BeginningsFeb 27, 2023 3:48:06 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Proud

"Thank you Kizumi," Azarea murmured offering her Kage a bow, but her expression was bright and scarlet eyes filled with determination and gratitude. The work ahead would be doubtlessly difficult, but if she could see herself and her village grow with her own efforts it would be worth it.

"I'll look for this Toshizou-san and give him your greetings." She assures the woman unable to quite hide the bright smile that lit up her face as she ran down the mental checklist of what she would need. "I'll try my best to go unnoticed save for my work to prevent any issues. I'll... I'll make you and our village proud." Azarea assured her as with one last grateful dip of her head she collected the scrolls offered out to her by Kizumi and departed. Doubtlessly heading to pack and make herself ready to leave out first thing in the morning.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人