Aid in Strange Places[I]

compose a reply
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 14, 2022 10:44:39 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

He supposed it wouldn't be all that easy to ease the woman's concerns about Arashi and Takato by just saying 'she wouldn't do something like that', but Asahi knew that an act like this wasn't befitting their station; he just had to find the words to explain that point of view. "Well, because you'd already be dead. You say you've been around Lord Takato and he's been acting strange, distant even, why do you think that is? Do you think that the man tasked with keeping tabs on every aspect of the village wouldn't recognize someone else attempting to act as his own daughter? If I had to guess he's known you weren't Arashi from the moment you stepped foot in front of him which has given him countless opportunities to cause you harm if he wished it, yet you've still been able to walk around Suna freely."

A curt explanation that didn't dance around 'what-ifs' and other theories but one that made the most sense in the chunin's eyes. If the two most powerful people in the village wanted a couple civilian nobles dead it would have happened a hundred times over by now, and to be honest there was nothing gained in either Takato or Arashi biding their time. "Same goes for your father. Arashi is arguably the second strongest person in the entire village and if she wanted your dad out of the way not a single person in the daimyo's company would be able to stop her." He hadn't meant to sound so definite with his words but getting the point across to this woman was paramount to figuring out the next steps.

In true Arashi fashion the plan she had come up with was little more than skulking around looking for clues and the smoking kunai that would clear her and her fathers names which just seemed too simple for a plot this intense. "Well that's not too surprising. I doubt either of them would keep information related to this in a relatively easily accessible location, and while it may be locked in their bedroom we'd both be dead if we tried to sneak in there. Have you tried sending a messenger hawk to her.. er, you?"

Going this long without checking in did not leave a great feeling in Asahi's gut and he wondered if the woman had gotten herself into trouble over her head again, though there was also the possibility that she might have been on the trail of the actual conspirators and couldn't make any hasty moves out of fear of blowing her cover.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 608 posts
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 14, 2022 21:50:31 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Oh?...Oh...oh dear you are correct..."

It was something she never thought about, but it did seem to connect some dots that didn't make sense. At first, she assumed that the reason the Kazekage was ignoring her or not even reaching out to meet her was due to whatever Arashi had done. But, if he was aware of her presence, then wouldn't a line of questioning of come about? Then, perhaps he simply did not care of the disappearance or trusted his daughter's actions to have some meaning that only the two of them understood.

It couldn't be that...after all..father's tell their children everything...though I guess...perhaps it could be the opposite as well...but not in a case like this...

Yet such thoughts would have to wait, and it was chilling when it was laid out in such a format as that. Two of the most powerful shinobi in the world. Right here in Sunagakure....

If they really wanted her dead, wanted her father dead, they could do it in a heartbeat...

Maybe he was right...

But now was time to speak of what she could do. As Asahi pointed out, there was no way that she would be able to get through locked and protected doors and passages. If they weren't protected by seals, they were guarded and it would be impossible for either of them to get through them. But it seemed his focus was more so on the lack of communication between herself and Arashi, who was still within Roran. Yes, she was worried about things, but mostly now her father and less for the heiress that had taken her place. With the suggestion of a messenger hawk, the woman would blink before then placing her fingertip upon her face.

"I had believed that doing so dangerous....actually...in truth...."

A sheepish smile crossed her face as she laughed lightly.

"I honestly hadn't thought about it...Ha ha ha...haaaaa...I should...probably do that..."

It had to be a common error...most people in her position would completely forget such a simple convience. She did have a lot on her mind after all.

Looking around, Kotohime would then lean forward as she whispered.

"Um...where would one find these birds? Does the manor keep them on hand?"
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,711 posts
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 16, 2022 9:59:05 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Processing what information had already been given along with new findings was proving to be a more difficult task than it should have been due mostly in part to just how odd this scenario was and just who was involved. Asahi could only be so surprised to hear that the Daimyo's daughter hadn't sent any word to Arashi this entire time to check on the status of things given the touch and go nature of things, but it probably would have helped to calm some of her fears throughout the months; though it was uncharacteristic of Arashi to not have sent word either.

"You've been posing as Arashi for months and haven't had to send a messenger hawk, that's kinda hard to believe. Not even for work or anything?" A wild concept for the supposed Jounin Hanchou who had to deal with keeping tabs of the entire village's forces and needing to communicate with so many different people to not have need of a hawk once, or at the very least know where they were located. Thinking any further about it was only going to give the chunin a headache so best to move forward.

"Takato-san has his own hawks for personal use, but it may draw unwanted attention if he notices it gone or the Daimyo's attendants see a messenger hawk from the Kazekage. Might be best to use the village's over at the aviary." Asahi would reply still not entirely believing he had been roped into another wild situation. Trying to keep Arashi out of trouble was akin to telling the sun not to rise: physically couldn't happen, so he'd just have to make sure that she returned home safely.

"...Though, if it's just addressed from Arashi to Kotohime there might not be any harm in sending one of the Kazekage's birds. Your call, ma'am."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 18, 2022 7:21:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I simply assumed that if matters were in need of my..um her guidance...it would be reported to my assistant and the woman would then report the matter to me...or simply handle it in my stead if the matter was trivial..."

No one had truly given her much in terms of tasks, so the need for such information varied. Not to mention, it wasn't as though she usual filed reports herself on a daily basis. Still, it did feel a bit childish for her to be so limited in her capabilities.

"Why? Is that odd and out of place?"

Kotohime would then blink as she tilted her head slightly, soon realizing perhaps it might be best not to know just how priviledge of a background she had come from, which meant that she needed to keep her sight on perhaps what really mattered. Such as getting the information out now. Asahi's suggestion that it may be safe for a message between the two of them to be sent out now with the usage of the Kazsekage's birds, he'd leave the decision to her.

"Umm...yes! Well...I believe that you have much more experience in this area so I defer to your judgement. You are willing to trust me despite my behavior...to which I am grateful...truly..."

Closing her eyes, Kotohime would then look to the side as she held a calm expression.

"I simply believed Arashi was this person...and in the end...it showed that I do not know her at all..."
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Oct 24, 2022 17:55:43 GMT -5
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 19, 2022 16:18:14 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

A schedule so lucky it almost seemed unbelievable. Asahi wouldn't begin to try and understand all the day to day duties that Arashi held as the hanchou but he found it hard to believe that over the course of months there hadn't been need to send even one messenger hawk. Perhaps a sign of something more? No, definitely just dumb luck; though that then raised question of what all Kotohime was doing when there was actual work brought to her by her assistant? Some stuff she would be able to pawn off to subordinates but he imagined there had to be mandatory meetings and the like that couldn't be handled by a stand in. Questions for another time.

"I guess not if it's information that can be relayed by hawk." He would reply with a shrug of the shoulders. Whatever scheme the two of them had worked out before swapping places was thought out enough to cover for such occurrences, but that charade could only work for so long. He had deferred to her and she in return deferred to him which left only one option: the aviary. Asahi wasn't dumb enough to try and utilize one of the Kazekage's personal hawks, though his reasoning of not wanting to get in further trouble was very much already out of the window; and if it was indeed true that Takato already knew about the swap then he'd just be putting himself in even more trouble. "I guess we'll use the villages aviary then, that shouldn't arise too much suspicion. Be thinking of what you want to write once we get there." Asahi would reply before pausing for a moment. "I don't know if trust is the right word, but you're the closest avenue to making sure Arashi is safe and I can't really just pop over to the Daimyo to make sure she's good."

In truth, it wouldn't have taken much convincing to get Zakku riled up and agree to storm the place, but the blue haired youth had done wonders reigning in his impulsivity and this would have done nothing but undo all that work, then of course there was always the part about starting a national incident which was a big deal, too.

"Try not to beat yourself up over it so much. Time and distance can do all sorts of things to how we perceive people, especially when it's mostly memories that you're holding onto. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything." The chunin would wave his hand as if dismissing the words from ever being spoken.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Kyokujitsu Asahi on Oct 20, 2022 11:19:28 GMT -5
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 24, 2022 18:06:30 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I feel as though I should question why a guard would have such concern for a general..."

The comment was a bit colored by her small smile, but it seemed as if there was indeed a lot more than just friendship between the two that had been indicated in their conversation. Whatever it was, it was enough that it seemed to push Asahi-san to want more than anything to just be capable of confirmation of Arashi's status. But then, perhaps it was no more than her reading between the lines. Considering the value of the woman, it should not be surprising at all to wish her well-being.

But for the moment, Kotohime would accept this suggestion of her thinking of what to write with a smile, moving back beside the young guardian as she began to listen as he explained his own thoughts on such things. The changes with time, and how memories of people often are all one has to hold on to. Despite his statement not being in relation to his own, the young woman would raise her brow before then placing one fingertip upon her cheek.

"That is most strange...it sounded quite personal if I'm to be honest...."

After saying this, she'd then blink as she then recalled his comment from before.

"When I asked of your own departure that was on record....you mentioned how you had went to put personal matters in order...yet there was no report of such things in your file....in fact... if anything it appeared as though Arashi had been looking for you...am I to assume that you were missing in action? Or that Arashi was unaware of your whereabouts?"
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 25, 2022 21:27:17 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

"We've known each other since the genin days. Been through a lot so it's only natural to want a close friend to be safe." Asahi would reply making sure to leave out any detail of the two's closer relationship as well as certain other events including but not limited to their Sekara adventures, their pirate adventures, Arashi getting kidnapped on multiple occasions, and the numerous amount of times they ended up on the wrong side of talking to from Takato. If it had truly been quite some time since Kotohime and Arashi truly got an opportunity to hang out then the last thing the chunin wanted to do was paint a less than gracious picture of Arashi's actions in their time apart; if she wanted to tell the princess on her own time then she could do just that.

Of course one somewhat personal question would lead to another and Asahi soon felt like he was staring down the barrel of a village tribunal having to detail his own actions. The mission that he, Zakku and the true Arashi had embarked on to Sekara was a tense and odd one that ended with the chunin taking some time to figure things out for himself. He had asked for the leave from Lord Takato himself and requested that a huge deal not be made of it to which it seemed the man obliged given the lack of detail in the official records, but to those not in the know it would look like the boy simply fell off the face of the earth for a time; a statement that was not entirely false.

Part of him wanted to simply brush the matter aside with a few words, another part wondered why the woman cared so much in the first place as it wasn't like she had a business reason to know. No matter the reasoning every bit of reasoning he could think of to get away from the subject was in essence just an excuse and that would not help him in the long run. "As I said before I needed to figure things out and I went to do just that." Asahi wanted so badly to end the discussion there. "There are details I must omit for village security reasons, but there came a time when my own stagnation in life got the best of me. Watching those I either grew up with or were at one point seniors too catch up and pass me wasn't a fun feeling and even though I held a position that I thought would make myself proud I started asking myself what good was I doing being a bodyguard 'protecting' the strongest person in the village? Some people call it hitting a wall and the only options are to find a way over, around, or through it and I needed time to figure out how to do that."

Allowing those words to be heard by anyone outside of his parents was tough and he had not even began to think about giving that spiel to Arashi as she had enough to deal with. Takato had received a stunted version of it but in essence this was the first time Asahi had let these struggles be known fully, to a stranger no less.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 26, 2022 17:21:36 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There was a silence that lingered between the two as Kotohime listened as Asahi explained his reasoning for disappearing. It was certainly reasonable. When you found yourself within a place of comfort, it was easier to lapse into it. After all, if there was nowhere left to rise, what was the point in trying? But it appeared as if the guard did not wish this. Nor did it appear as if he found much joy in his accomplishments when others either formerly beneath him or close to him, continued to rise higher. To be stagnate... appeared to be a curse for him.

"I see..."

Her tone was soft, though there was clear understanding as she began to recall her own shortcomings.

"My father...the..Damiyo...many see him as nothing more than a lout that was too lazy or unwilling to handle the charge of responsibility to the nation. It is that belief that many have when they consider his gifting of Regent to the Kazekage. But....they do not know that he is a strong and dedicated man..."

Closing her eyes, she'd rub her palms together as she spoke.

"After my mother's passing...a piece of him seemed to have been lost...and while he has always been jovial in his duties...he had always wished to put the needs of the nation first. I think...I want to believe that my father gave the position away because he knew that he was no longer fit for it...and that in stepping away...he gained peace and the ability to live...of course...that now leaves it to me to ensure that he is safe..."

Kotohime would smile slightly as she shrugged.

"But in doing so...I feel trapped...unable to move beyond that role as his dutiful daughter...because they believe it no more than an imitation of him...which I am not...and I strive to be better..."

After saying this, the young woman would then shake her head as she held a calm expression while resting her arms at her side.

"What I mean to say...in all of what you said...I do not see the matter as being that harmful...but I understand the need for wishing to keep it separate from the image you wish to...oof!"

Her thought was disrupted by the sudden drop of what felt like a scroll, soon to be one that came with that of a bird attached as it landed upon her head. Doing her best not to panic, she'd wince as she softly panted for breath and covered her mouth to keep herself in control.

But it was clear that the bird was no more than a messenger...and hardly a threat.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Nov 11, 2022 8:28:55 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Why and how Asahi found himself sharing details of his personal life with a stranger he didn't know and even though there was some relief in getting that off of his chest it was still weird to him that both he and the woman found each other trusting enough to impart such details to one another. Granted he had spent the last bit vouching for Arashi and Lord Takato and actively helping come up with a plan of action so maybe that had something to do with it, but what this was also doing was getting the chunin wrapped up in yet another scheme that he probably shouldn't have known about.

Responsibility was hardly ever forgiving especially the more of it you had to handle, and there were few things Asahi could imagine more taxing than being in charge of a country. One's every word and action affected every single citizen within the borders and as the woman had said there left little time to focus on anything else. The young Kyokujitsu was privy to none of this information in his role and even being by the Kazekage's side day in and day out he had not heard an inkling of the happenings in the capital. "I do imagine it's tough to adequately lead when one's heart and mind aren't really in agreement, and while the optics didn't really look great I think the decision to grant Takato-san that role was not made in jest."

Navigating the intricacies of country politics with the personal feelings of those most affected was proving to be a mental exercise but the chunin found that leading his thought process with empathy went a long way in helping him figure out how to respond to a situation he was wholly unfamiliar with. "Funny how it's always the burden of the next generation to pick up after the old folks. I mean, it's your dad so I definitely understand the obligation, but like you said it's difficult to carve a path of your own when you're forced into someone else's."

Before the next wave of emotional revelations could come about the woman found herself playing host to a bird that decided to make the top of her head its temporary roosting spot. A quick scan revealed the small scroll attached to its foot and it was clear that this was but a messenger bird. "Oh, it's just a messenger, nothing to be worried about, but let's see what it was carrying." Asahi would take a moment to untie the scroll before pausing. "It landed on your head so I assume this scroll is for you." He'd say while handing the piece of rolled parchment to the woman.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Nov 25, 2022 21:47:20 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Though somewhat disturbed and horrified by the bird, it appeared that Asahi had things well handled in the situation. If anything, she had for a moment believed that this would be her final thought. Being pecked to death or perhaps placed under some kind of curse. Still, neither seemed in line for Kotohime, save for the embarrassment that would likely shadow her for some time if this were to ever be revealed. After gently clearly the bird after he had gained it's delivered package, the young female would blink for a moment before taking the scroll in hand and opening it to read the contents within.

Her silence was soon interrupted by a gasp, covering her mouth before shaking her head.

"My father is getting married...it's an invitation for the Kazekage and Arashi to be in attendance for the ceremony!"

There was definitely some shock in this news. Had time really gone so long since her departure that her father had freely given himself over to another? Not to mention, just why would Arashi let this happen?

"My father wouldn't remarry without telling me beforehand...why was I not informed of this!?"

Looking further into the message, she'd roll it quickly back into itself as she then began to bite down upon her fingertips. Of course, this would happen. Why wouldn't it happen? She was gone for too long handling one situation and allowed another to take its place.

"I need to return to the capital....I must speak with him! Now! This...woman he's to be wed to...she is a manipulator and a....a harlot! Barely suitable! She shouldn't even be in court along side him!"
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Nov 30, 2022 12:00:34 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Seeing Kotohime's reaction to the content of the message led Asahi to believe that whatever it contained wasn't good news, though upon hearing that it was a wedding invitation a silent air on confusion enveloped the area. The woman had just mentioned that her father had lost a piece of himself after the death of his wife and how it had effected him in so many ways and then in the midst of a potential assassination scandal came nuptials? A whole lot was not adding up and it seemed that even rumblings of a new relationship blossoming into marriage were not something Kothime had been made aware of before she and Arashi switched places.

Then came the brazen and hasty call to action and for a brief moment the chunin could have swore he was talking to Arashi given how brash she was acting; even a hundred miles away that woman was still stressing him out. "Ok now just hold on a minute, if you run in there screaming it's going to cause more problems than this wedding. Does your dad even know you and Arashi switched places? He very well could have told her believing it to be you this entire time." Asahi replied rubbing his temples. He felt they really needed to tell Takato about all of this though if that plot were true it would just be putting himself and Kotohime in immediate danger.

"If anything is going to happen they aren't going to act before the wedding so I don't think there's a need to rush back. You can get with Arashi and your father once you show up for the ceremony and figure out what's really going on." Asahi hoped that his words would not fall on deaf ears as was sometimes the issue with the citizens of this wind swept country and truth be told this wedding was probably their best bet to smoke out who was truly behind these attempts on Kotohime's and the Daimyo's life.

"Who is this woman, anyway?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Dec 3, 2022 22:34:29 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Kotohime was ready to march directly to the capital herself. That was how determined the young woman was in stopping this madness. Yet as Asahi seemed to give her reason to delay, her arm would rest upon the surface of the other, looking down as she heard his logic. Her father likely did tell Arashi, but thought it was her. Not to mention that her coming into the situation ranting and raving would only harm rather than help. It was possible that it may very well deter the attackers, but they would still remain targets, along with her father's bride to be.

Still, it was the simple knowledge that her father was taking this step into a new life without her being there by his side, while she was off trying to help them all. But she had to remind herself that this was by her choice and she had to see it through to the end.

Nodding in silence, the young woman would release a soft breath as she held her hands upward before letting them fall down slowly with her breathing as she attempted to catch the air with her fingertips.

"You are right...My father would have told me...and it is correct to assume he did...only believing Arashi to be me. To that end...it is as you said. I should not be brash...."

To that end, Kotohime would then place her hands back in front of her as she began explain on the nature of the woman.

"Her name is Tendu Urashu...you may not have heard of her, but she is one of the many considered families of social standing within Kaze no Kuni. Their wealth is known, but not many know where it comes from. In the end, she only recently became more prominent in the affairs of the country recently. Most of her influence has been directed toward expeditions and partnerships with oversea merchants. Trading as it were. .."

Saying this, she had to give credit where it was deserved...

"She had managed to make many contributions to Kaze no kuni, to which we can only be thankful. But I noticed her having a habit of gaining affection by those she has...come in close contact with. Much of her favor to having gained her position as a member of my father's court had to do with a reputation...so to hear that she has somehow managed to reach my father....it is...staggering that she may be using him as to increase her own standings..."

Kotohime would close her eyes before then leaning in close as she spoke toward him.

"If we must go...it would be wise to now finally explain to the Kazekage the situation. I imagine he will be furious of the deception...and...he appears to be...quite terrifying to how I remember him...though to risk speaking of this and to learn that he is responsible for the threats upon my life and that of my father..."

Drawing back, she'd then look down as she bowed her head.

"You know of the Kazekage and are his trusted guard...you also clearly know of Arashi Hime....do you fully believe that they are not responsible and that trusting them is not a mistake..."

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Dec 4, 2022 10:36:04 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

For now it seemed that Asahi had managed to dissuade Kotohime from sprinting back to the home of the Daimyo to confront her father and his soon to be new wife but he had a feeling that there was still only so much time the woman would wait around before her nerves got he best of her. There was still no telling if this out of the blue wedding was even real considering the state of things and it very well could have been a trap to get all the major players of both country and village together, and with suspicions swirling around the Kazekage and Arashi it would be a perfect opportunity to enact some devious plan and easily attempt to place the blame on them.

The chunin would listen as Kotohime described the woman who had seemingly garnered her fathers affections and it was clear, at least from her perspective, that she had made a career out of shaking the right hands and getting the correct people to see her favorably though it wasn't lost on him all the good she seemed to have also done for the country with her status and position which begged the question: even if the marriage may have been for personal and political gain was there not a chance it could have also been love as well? If the Daimyo had truly been in as much of a rut as Kotothime explained earlier then it was possible he believed finding love again would allow him some joy in life and lessening the burden on his daughter to pick up the slack in his duties. Of course, this was all purely speculation on Asahi's part and knew better than to question her on such a prickly topic. She knew the family dynamic more than anyone and even though her eyes had not seen the goings on in the capital for some time now there was only so much that could have changed, right?

"Seems like she has developed a pattern for success and is aiming for the top. I can see how this makes you feel uneasy." Asahi replied trying to put hisself in Kotohime's position. If some not so random but clearly power hungry person attempted to attach themself to someone he cared for he'd be ready to knock down doors and prevent it as well.

While still a harrowing proposition Kotohime had come around to the idea of telling Takato of the ruse so that they could go into the wedding on one accord. It was a terrifying prospect to inform the strongest person in the village that she had been impersonating his daughter which may have angered him more in the vein of having access to village information and duties than anything else. This was all assuming of course that the man did not already know which Asahi figured that he did by now, but even he wasn't really sure how the man would react.

"I do. They are powerful and influential people, yes, but not power hungry. Lord Takato is a reserved calculating person and he wants only the best for the people he has sworn to protect, but usurping power by trying to kill the Daimyo and his family would only put the village under immense scrutiny and pressure from the world over and he would not place that burden on his people. Same goes for Arashi, she's always been one to go above and beyond to help even at great personal risk and she wouldn't be doing this if she didn't truly care about you."

He could only hope he was right about those two as if it turned out to the that Takato and Arashi were trying to kill the Daimyo and Kotohime there wasn't much anyone would be able to do to stop them.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Dec 4, 2022 18:59:45 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"In truth, if her rise of success wasn't so sudden and collating with much of her activity within Roran I would believe her quite capable...but that is not the world in which we live in...and her motivation seems only to gain more influence for her name...I will not let my father fall victim to her act"

Kotohime would keep her head low as she spoke. Perhaps if she got to know the woman, she might have a better idea of how to handle her. But there was certainly a sense of ill-intention whenever she came in contact with her. That alone was enough to give pause and all the more reason to be swift. But Asahi had made his point. There was no need to rush to action.

Proven more so by the more than impassioned claim of the guard in defense of not only the Kazekage but of Arashi as well and their characters. It was still hard to trust it completely, but there was no possible way that she could risk doing this alone, not any longer. If Arashi was unable to communicate, there had to be good reason, which meant going in blind and there was no possible way that could help. This was no longer a task she could do on her own.

"Very well...I trust you Asahi....let us speak of this to the Kage....and then prepare....I only hope that we are not too late and that something can be done..."

Looking toward him, Kotohime would nod in his direction as she allowed her fear to lessen. Now came the hardest part....explaining this to Lord Oonakayama....
[To be continued...]
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS