Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Adventures at Home

It was certainly strange being back here again. After so much time having passed, it felt as though there was much that had changed. Though as the young female began to move through the manor, she found herself checking into each room as to ensure everything was where it should be. Nothing appeared out of place, save for the sleeping figure that rested within the room that was adjucent to that of the Kage and Lady of Sunagakure.

A small smile crossed her lips, allowing her movements to become softer as she passed as to pass it. It had taken much effort to ensure the boy's slumber, and oddly enough, she had to do it without the assistance of staff that were meant to attend to such matters. Or so she thought.

Still, Arashi would venture into the bed chambers of the Kazekage, looking over the area as it was still vacant. In her time since returning home, she had not come in contact with the village leader. She had imaged that the return of his child would prompt some kind of celebration. Not just silence...not even a parade or gala.

Perhaps it was merely due to expectation...she knew her task and what was expected of her. But this did allow for her to explore more of what she sought uninterrupted.

Yet as she prepared to enter, a growl would come from behind it, prompting a creature to appear as large and as tall as the bed itself. As the white furred wolf snarled and bared it's teeth, Arashi would quickly shut the door and then release a heavy breath as her hand rested against her heart.

"Kami! Nai has changed quite much since I've last seen her...I imagine she has taken refuge there for the moment..."

In saying this, Arashi would then tap her finger against her cheek, snapping instantly as she then began to make her way down the stairs and appear outside.

It was getting late, and the night was starting to come upon the land swiftly. But perhaps there was a means in which to stay the temper of the wolf that guarded the room's access. Examining the outer area, she'd find a much more gathered collection of animals awaiting her at the yard, prompting her to hear barks as she simply moved to the side as they seemed to give her glares.

"Please understand that my return here isn't to cause offense..."

In saying this, she'd place her hands behind her back before then back away with a sheepish grin.

"I imagine you are upset at my absence...it is okay...I can see that...I will...um...make it up to you...in a way that will make you all very happy..."

Tilting her head to the side, the pack would seem to just lunge as she swiftly made her way up a tree, struggling at first to get a grip before then having managed to take position beneath the cover of the palm's leaves. As the gathering of hounds began jumping and continued their howling approach, it seemed as though time would stop for the girl as she closed her eyes and held on tightly as if hoping they would no longer see her.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,711 posts
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 14, 2022 16:17:22 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Late days turned into later nights when work was the culprit, though it was less fighting and paperwork and more surveillance and patrolling. The work of a Kage was never done even if the sun had gone to rest hours ago but in seeing there was little need to keep extra people around just to watch one read over and stamp paperwork the call was given to send the boy home for the day. Asahi wouldn't have minded sticking around, it was his job after all, but he wouldn't look a gift camel in the mouth either. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his departure, the Chunin found himself on the streets of Suna making his way home.

Ironically enough, after being a bodyguard for so long the inaudible yet unescapable urge to make sure things were ok had developed something of a habit in the boy and more often than not after his shift his path took him past the house of Lord Takato. Yes, it was out the way and yes it was home to the three most powerful people in the village and didn't need to be looked after, but that place had welcomed him in on more than one occasion and the least he could do was give it a passing glance. Noise emanating from the estate was not out of the ordinary given the sheer number of animals that also called the place home but the constant localized barking did seem out of the ordinary prompting Asahi to check in on the dogs.

Rounding a corner would offer a most confusing yet somewhat normal sight all the same: Arashi stuck up a tree. The dogs gathered below her seemed to be all the usual suspects so why were they acting like the woman above them was a stranger? "Um, Arashi what are you doing up there?" The spectacled boy would ask, his face equal parts confusion and concern.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 608 posts
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 14, 2022 18:20:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Adventures at Home

While it was odd to hope that the creatures would grow blind to her presence within the tree, their continued barking and attempts at climbing up to reach her seemed to resend upon hearing another voice close by. Looking over in the direction of the Kage Bodyguard, Arashi would then blink as she then held a calm expression. Considering how this looked, especially for a commander to be chased up into a tree within their own home, by creatures that were meant to be pets, the young woman would then speak shakily from her position, pulling herself upright as she sat upon the branch.

"Oh! Hello Asahi-san. I was...attempting to try and make up for my lack of attention to my dogs...but they seem less than willing to take my offer of apology..."

With her expression blank, the Jounin would then release a breath before then seeing one of them, ears pointed upward and growling, then turn toward Asahi as it began to make it's way toward him.

As the German Shepard approached, Asahi knowing it to be Bai, he would then tug upon his sleeve with a gentle nibble of it's mouth, whining slightly before then watching the others seem to begin moving away from the tree as they began to rush over to playfully tackle and lick at his face.

While the larger of the pack wasn't among them, the group was certainly still mighty in their presence with the loss of but one by their numbers alone. With them having left, this prompted Arashi to sigh in relief as it appeared that at the very least, they would be distracted by the guard.

Which then brought to a question to mind...

"What brings you to my home at this hour? The Kaz...my father isn't here at the moment...which you should very well know...is there something that you required of me?"

Struggling to get down to the ground, the Jounin would finally touch the surface of the sand, holding her hand to her chest as to continue catching her breath.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 15, 2022 21:33:47 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

The abnormal formality would not go unnoticed though Asahi would merely chock it up to requirements of the position she held. It was true that she had been away for a while and her pack was a very lively bunch that surely had a lot of pent up energy but it was strange that the woman wouldn't take that challenge head on and instead decided to run up a tree like a frightened cat. Perhaps it was a game they were playing or, as she said, the dogs weren't pleased at her being gone for so long.

Burgeoning theories would have to be put aside as the dogs picked up another scent, namely Asahi's, and turned their attention towards him... all at once. Try as he might the boy only had two hands and trying to both pet and placate the entire pack was proving impossible, but he would do his best while also attempting to keep his feet underneath him. "Hey guys, I missed you too." Asahi would speak to the excited pups before turning his attention back to Arashi who had used the opportunity to climb down from the tree.

Then came the question of the hour: what was Asahi doing at the house himself? Being Takato's bodyguard either had him near his side or... not, and since he knew that the man was still toiling away in the Kage tower there was no easy assumption to be made. "I guess you could call it habit. I've been making sure Takato-san has been safe for so long now that I've gotta make sure places he frequent don't have anything funny going on with them, either. I know it sounds silly considering how many strong people live here but.. can never be too safe, ya know?" The boy would reply with a sheepish grin. While it felt like a lifetime ago, Arashi had been kidnapped from these very premises prompting an extensive and emotional search so in all honesty this was more of a necessity than Asahi was leading on.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 16, 2022 10:56:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Adventures at Home
"Your caution is warranted...even the strongest of individuals can fall prey when they believe themselves capable of anything...we are no acceptance..."

A clear point that was proven upon her previous mistake of assuming that the pack would be welcoming of such a familiar face. Though as they seemed to have taken more of a liking to Asahi, the group would begin to scatter once more. With them having made a more than pleasant retreat, Arashi would begin to make her way toward the young man with a small smile on her face.

Her hands would remain at her front, placed against her chest as she then allowed them to rest at her side before looking toward the sky. It was a relief to be rid of the dogs for the moment, even if they likely only did so because of the presence of the guard. It at least meant that they were weary of strangers, though why attack her? In the end, it was a question that would wait for the time as the answer was apparent to her already.

"Still...it is most gracious of you to do it despite your other duties..."

Bowing respectfully, she'd then correct her posture as she began to realize the opportunity presented before her.

"Asahi-san...you act as the Kage's protector...you spend more time with him than I...what sort of a man do you make of him?"

Tilting her head to the side, she'd realize the strangness of such a question, prompting her to reach behind her back as she held her hands there.

"I ask this because...of late...I have been questioning many of his motivations...I have only just returned...but I have not seen him once...not even within the manor...our communication is limited to only messages between staff and it...it just seems like an individual...someone who is for the people...would be more open...at least toward family...but perhaps I am simply reading too intently into his behavior of late..."

Her tone was calm, but there was a certain elegance to it in the manner in which she spoke. It was certainly not off-setting, but one that seemed experience enough with such conversation that it was open to possible offense, but ready to quickly apologize for doing so.

"That being said...I simply wonder if there have been any changes in his behavior since I went on my travels..."
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 29, 2022 11:57:23 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

It was an odd explanation but one that seemed to get the heat off of him for the time being. A deeper dive could have produced theories related to the both of them --and it was partly true given just how much time they had spent together-- but even with how intertwined their lives were, or once were, Asahi was firm in his belief that this was strictly a professional courtesy. He did find it odd that there wasn't at least a little pushback, even playfully, from the woman but best not to dwell on such thoughts. "Ah, it's not a problem at all, just part of the job." He'd reply a bit sheepishly.

Then came an odd question. It was no secret of the unique relationship between Suna's first family complete with adoption, running away and a veritable kennel of the stray dog population and Asahi had seen first hand the type of dynamic that existed between them all. There were loud ones, reserved ones, those who gave off an aura of balance, slightly off kilter ones, but at the end of the day Asahi felt that they all cared for one another and while he was sure this wasn't the first time communication between Arashi and her father had been lacking if it was enough to cause the woman concern then there had to be legitimate reason.

Perhaps it had something to do with the woman's trip. While this was easily the most official of Arashi's outings it wasn't the first time she had ventured off and that usually ended in trouble for someone, something, and/or somewhere. Granted, Asahi himself had quite a few questions regarding that trip as well but perhaps there was something Takato-san knew that he didn't that was causing the distance between them. If that was the case then it had to be for good reason and the chunin couldn't tip his hand that he knew something was amiss though he really couldn't see himself lying to Arashi even if he knew what the issues were.

"I honestly can't say I've noticed anything of the sort. The same meetings and piles of paperwork that keep him busy day in and day out and doing whatever else a Kage does to keep his village going. I know he's been doing the job for a while but maybe it's just one of those periods that get him down for a while, and I'm sure he was worried about you everyday you were gone so it might not have really hit him that you're truly back."

It was the best answer Asahi could give on the spot and if he had a bit more time there was surely a missive or particular meeting that he could have used an example to highlight the stress that Takato was dealing with, but over the last while there really hadn't been anything significant that the young Kyokujitsu had seen to cause such a change in behavior... save Arashi being out and about.

"...Speaking of, what exactly were you doing away from Suna?"

No time like the present.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 29, 2022 19:04:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Ghost in You
There was a lingering silence as the young woman listened, her expression calm as she then looked to the side. It was clear this wasn't exactly the answer that she was hoping for. Still, it was better than perhaps one that would give no context at all. But Asahi-san seemed certain that the Kage did worry about her, even if it wasn't in the manner that was accustomed to some.

"I see...."

Arashi would look to the side, leaning her back against the trunk of a tree. At the very least, it allowed her time to investigate further. But it just seemed so out of character of the man she knew.

"I guess....I had assumed that our relationship was more present...to be gone for so long and to not even...greet me...or host a banquet or something to those lines...the thought would have been appreciated...even if perhaps unwarranted..."

The tone of her voice was almost solemn or perhaps it was just once more the boy reading into things. Still, as she released a breath, she'd smile before then shaking her head. This was hardly a conversation to have with someone close to her father's guard. But it appeared that his lack of hesitation in speaking of her affairs might show that there was more to their working relationship.

"I'm sorry?"

Arashi's tone grew more serious before then pausing as she spoke once more.

"If you must know...I had affairs to attend to outside of Sunagakure with her alliances...I was given leave to do so...as well as progress in my training...."

It was a vague answer at best, but not very clear unless the man wanted details. Not that he had any right to them, considering the difference in rank between them.

"Will that be all Asahi-san?"
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Sept 29, 2022 19:05:16 GMT -5
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 29, 2022 20:03:02 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

It was clear given the woman's expression that the answer given wasn't the one she hoped for. Perhaps if there had been some reason for her father's ambivalence towards her return it would put her mind at ease which was understandable, yet it very well could have been that since Arashi had ventured out so many times over the years that Lord Kazekage had just grown accustomed to it and passed on the pomp and circumstance. However, even with that said it didn't explain the lack of communication in there home, and to that Asahi could not speak to.

"Best bet might be to just ask him yourself. I'm by no means an expert on familiar relations and throwing around theories helps neither of you." Asahi would reply hoping to nudge Arashi towards a possibly uncomfortable but ultimately helpful conversation with her father. Only he would know the true reason behind his behavior as of late and the sooner they talked it out the less chance word of their friction would spread.

Though he might have put a pause on one awkward conversation Asahi's question had apparently struck up a completely different one, and it seemed that Arashi was none too pleased with his questioning. The chunin's face twisted in confusion hearing the tone with which Arashi spoke to him, and while yes there was a difference in their rank for possibly the first time ever Asahi felt that it actually mattered, as if he was a genin being berated by a Jounin. Part of him wanted to shrink and go crawl in a corner, but another was more sure than ever that something was different. The dogs, the starchy way she spoke, and now hostility at being asked a question.

"....There is, actually. I'm not sure what all you went through out there and it may just be me imagining things but you weren't acting this way before you left. I've never known you to be one for parades or huge celebrations, or even being afraid of your own dogs for that matter. I'm not sure what's going on, but we promised one another that we would open and honest, so if there's something going on please let me know."

The boy hadn't felt this nervous in quite some time and there was a good chance that he could have just gotten himself in even more trouble with his little spiel, but there was so much that wasn't adding up it was impossible to ignore.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Sept 29, 2022 20:18:47 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Oh?...Um..."

That statement alone seemed to give Arashi pause, almost as if she were a deer within the sights of a rushing wagon. In the end, this seemed to only cause the female to double down as she narrowed her eyes and simply closed them before releasing a breath.

"If I made such a claim...it was in a moment of misjudgement...I have seen enough to know when one becomes familiar with their subordinates to understand why such things are regarded as reprehensible. My travels have allowed me to gain insight into the functions of others within command and that very knowledge is something I intend to input within ranks from this point forward..."

If there were indeed a case for her to send Asahi-san away, it was at this moment within the conversation. Perhaps this was going to be a problem, and she had too much to do already to allow for things to shift against her, or to distract her from her goals.

"That means whatever it is that you believe allows you access to my personal life...there are indeed matters that are private those that are not...it is simply how things are..."

If this didn't work, Arashi would have to come up with another play. But clearly there were things going on here that made this play harder. Much harder. If she had been aware of the context perhaps before her arrival, maybe this would be different. Of course, this would only allow for more and more conflict if it continued, and she had a feeling that something was indeed off.

"Perhaps you can explain your own absence...I see no reason why I should be the one to explain myself when you do not do so either Asahi-san..."

Redirection....one diplomatic strategy...

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Sept 29, 2022 20:19:18 GMT -5
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 4, 2022 15:42:10 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Confused was an understatement. Was it something he had done? Said? It was unclear but whatever the case Arashi was not pleased with being pressed on her whereabouts. It wasn't all that long ago that she would have been the one telling him to open up more and express what he was really feeling and he was trying to put those lessons to use right now, but it seemed to be falling on combative ears. Granted, the woman wasn't incorrect that the two had shared more personal details of their lives than their respective ranks and designations in the village should have allowed, though it was a bond that had spanned for years since they were both genin running through the streets of Suna.

As much as he wanted to argue the point there was a fine line between a spat between friends and going against a superior officer and it seemed Arashi was hell bent on pulling rank to get him off of her case. Whatever good will had developed between them for these types of scenarios had vanished it seemed and the last thing the chunin needed was to be called into a meeting with bosses, partners, fathers of partners and bosses and everything in between. From the outside looking in things did look a bit messy, but Asahi believed the two cared deeply for one another ant had things figured out. Guess not.

Then, as if there wasn't already enough passing of the buck Arashi would question him on his whereabouts the past few months. The look of confusion on Asahi's face nearly turned to shock at now having to take a turn under the spotlight. "I..I took time to get my priorities in order. I've felt stagnant in my position for a while now and needed to focus myself to reach my next goals. Between that and continuing to protect Lord Takato certain things had to take a backseat. I'm not happy with the sacrifices and things I've missed out on but I've rested on my laurels long enough." The boy would respond doing his best to look Arashi square in the face, though at this point it felt more like a nameless superior officer.

The exams had been so long ago and while Asahi had made decent strides since that time he didn't have the rank to show for it while others he knew were either catching up or surpassing him. It would have been easy to settle into the life of a chunin but he knew he wanted more out of life and couldn't do that from his current standing. He thought, too, that a promotion would make the gap between he and Arashi less awkward though it seemed other issues were now going to be the cause of that.

"Is.. there anything else, ma'am?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Kyokujitsu Asahi on Oct 4, 2022 16:13:50 GMT -5
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 4, 2022 18:00:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Then perhaps you can understand...."

Perhaps she should have said nothing. It would have been better that way to simply isolate and continue her investigation. But she was already getting strange glances, and she imagined in a small way, this was not the life that she would want to come back to. Not by a long shot. If she were to return, she wanted it to be the way she left it. Not to mention that this was indeed an important part of it.

As she could hear the agitation within the Chunin's voice, the young woman would turn as her expression softened, biting her lower lip as she hoped she would not regret this action.

"Yes...there is...."

Walking back toward him, she'd then hold her hands in front of her as she bowed her head.

"I apologize...I did not mean to offend or to insult. I feel out of place in this village and I have begun to realize more as to why that is. It is the people...everyone here seems to have access to their opinions...more than what I am used to. But perhaps that is a good thing...to be close enough to freely speak their thoughts...and to at times...act on their own morals...within reason of course..."

Straightening her posture, she'd smile softly as she then shook her head.

"I can not say that I am used to it outside of the capital so I never realized that my own actions....are similar in nature...if not perhaps more so dangerous due to my limited knowledge of the culture...clearly...my thoughts of how Arashi behaves around others...and what is true...are indeed different...and yet familiar..."

While the statement might have appeared strange, the young woman would then remove the tiara from her head, holding it between her hands as she adjusted her posture to appear much more regal. It would not appear ill-placed, nor even outside of her comfort. But more within her understanding from what she appeared as before.

"My name is Kotohime..I am the daughter of the Daimyo...please help me..."

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 6, 2022 15:46:06 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Asahi was fully expecting, hoping even, that Arashi would send him off so that this nightmare of a conversation would end. He was equal parts confused, hurt, and angry and honestly had little idea where to go from this point. He wouldn't make mention of the conversation to any of the other higher ups because in reality what the woman had said wasn't wrong. Perhaps the boy was overstepping his station and had become too comfortable with one of the leaders of the village and it was a situationship that could have possibly put multiple people at risk. There would be time to think on what to do going forward but it wouldn't be until the young man was far, far away from this moment.

Alas, fate had other plans this day and where there was once an angry and chiding woman now stood an apologetic and bowed one. He was nearly floored upon hearing the apology and was now more confused than at the outset of their conversation. Something definitely was not right. Arashi had butt heads with the people in Suna throughout her life and while it may not have been pleasant she had never expressed these types of thoughts to him before, almost as if they were unexpected; but how could that be for someone who had lived here their entire life?

"The.. capital?" Asahi muttered wondering why that had anything to do with what was going on, though the confusion was only further compiled by the woman referring to herself in the third person. Then, as if the boy wasn't on enough of an emotional roller coaster as is came the bombshell that the woman standing before him wasn't Arashi at all but instead the daughter of the Daimyo. Stunned silence gripped the chunin like a vice as he tried to piece all the information together. How had he not noticed a completely different person claiming to be Arashi? The dogs chasing her up the tree should have been a dead giveaway from the start and the tone she was speaking in... if there was any silver lining it was that hopefully the true Arashi didn't feel the same way this lady did.

"You're who?? What are you doing parading around as Arashi? Where is she?" He would ask all but ignoring the woman's initial plea for help. Memories of the last time the woman was whisked away from the village flooded his view and Asahi was only moments away from speeding his way back to the Kage Tower to inform Lord Takato, but he would at least try and get as much information to pass along beforehand.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 7, 2022 0:21:52 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I understand that this may appear shocking...Normally I am not introduced in such rags......"

It felt good to be able to speak much more naturally again, and the clear elegance of her voice allowed it to show more refinement. The young woman was a natural speaker, coming from a long line of respected individuals. Her mother had been part of the nation's council alongside her father. It was through their natural tendency for debate that they met and fell in love. This was her history, and it was the reason why she wished to become a diplomat just like them. Or at the very least, a council member one day.

"As I said...this is not my natural environment...but I believe that I have done well to adjust..."

Her hands were still in front of her, cupped over each other as she watched his reaction to such information, it became clear that he either had not suspected or at least was unaware of the switch. Which prompted her to quickly cover her mouth as she realized her error. If she had no reason to speak the truth, then she may have already ruined her chances of convincing the young guard for more information. But it seemed that his focus shifted much like the breeze, moving from asking of her reason for pretending and then of the status of Arashi within a moment.

Extending her hand out, she'd wave it from one side to the next, soon realizing that the other was still across her lips as she removed it quickly.

"Shh! Please be cautious of our surroundings....Arashi is well...she is in Roran...as for the reasoning behind my being here...that intertwines..."

Hoping to have eased his concerns, Kotohime would speak once more after taking a soft breath.

"My father and I have recently been under attack by assassins. These individuals appeared skilled, but thankfully so are our escorts. They have protected us thus far...but the method by which they have done so is questionable...and delayed to the last moment. Along with this, the nature of these attacks have been coordinated around times in which my father and I are isolated. Often when we are outside of the capital.."

With the tiara gripped between her fingers, the diplomat would close her eyes as she continued to speak.

"I have reason to believe that they are shinobi from Sunagakure, sent by the Kazekage....my father did not wish to consider it, but the matter of concern has only increased to the point that I have begun to seek answers myself. I had heard that Arashi had been traveling so I sent her a message in which to meet with me. Due to her being gone for so long, there was no reason for me to suspect her involvement and I trusted her with this knowledge, just as I am doing so with you...only...she did not believe me either..."

Kotohime would then open her eyes as she looked at Asahi with a determined expression.

"As the Jounin Hanchou, she is second to the Kazekage...she was also a friend once...so I had no reason to think that she would wish harm to us...nor did I think that of the Kazekage...but these attacks have been daunting and I needed to know that my father was safe...Arashi seemed to wish to investigate the matter...if only to prove me wrong...and then she came to the conclusion of allowing me to do the same by seeing if I could find evidence to contradict her..."

It was at that moment, that the young woman began to realize something.

"Arashi...was the one that wanted to switch...knowing full well that I would find nothing...she sent me here to get me out of the way..."

A slow look of realization began to crawl over Kotohime's face, yet it seemed more embarrassed for not seeing it sooner, rather than being upset by it. It was enough of a distraction to allow for Asahi to speak if he wished, given the pause and the simple mind of the woman processing this truth.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 12, 2022 10:31:18 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

In a weird twist of events the lady found herself fortunate that Asahi was still too wrapped up in his own whirlwind thoughts to hear her first few words because he would have thought them excuses and dancing around his initial question. To be honest he didn't care much for the person standing before him, only Arashi's safety and her current whereabouts, and it wasn't until this imposter actually answered said question did the chunin focus in on her words. Roran. That was a start and quite frankly more than enough for him to send off the flare and get a caravan moving towards the city, but Asahi would first hear out the girl's reasoning for swapping places on the off chance that it held any pertinent information to pass along to the higher ups.

What he did hear next, however, was more shocking than finding out the woman standing before him was not the true Arashi: she had suspicions that the attacks on her and her father's life were being orchestrated by Takato himself! "Wait.. what.." Was the most he could muster at the news. It was all speculation, of course, and to his limited knowledge there had been no speak of moving against the Daimyo or his family but Asahi was just a guard and though he overheard a thing here or there he was not privy to every meeting and plan of action that the Kazekage was dealing with.

In what sounded like true Arashi fashion finding out it was her idea to facilitate the switch almost (almost) brought a bit of relief to the young man as it was a plan that was as foolhardy as it was caring, a perfect encapsulation of the woman's persona, or if she was in cahoots with her father a perfect way to get them separated.

"If Arashi sent you here to protect you then she meant it. She wouldn't, I mean, she and Takato-san wouldn't plan something like this." It was difficult finding the words to empathize with a woman who had just been berating him whilst pretending to be a very good friend and following that up with accusing the Kazekage and said very good friend of colluding to assassinate her and the leader of the country. Asahi felt that the right call would have been to take this to Takato, but on the small chance that what this woman was saying turned out to be true then he'd be handing her right to him.

"What is it you're looking for exactly? I can't take you to Takato on the off chance that he might have something to do with it, but I also can't allow you to just sneak around the village looking for information. What was the plan outside of just swapping places?" Asahi would ask the woman attempting to keep things on track. It was clear she had quite a few thoughts racing through her mind at the moment as well and it would do neither of them any good to be spouting out conspiracy theories in the middle of the village.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Aid in Strange Places[I]Oct 12, 2022 21:36:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Aid in Strange places

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Perhaps she had not been clear, or it was the idea of his lord being possible of such means of execution. Were the stories and reports of shinobi being ruthless, not true? She had never exactly encountered many outside of court, and her experience within Sunagakure had been limited due to her not wishing to take on tasks that would put herself in harm's way.

Kotohime was no means a ninja, and she imagined that had she taken such a risk, it would just have exposed her. But she had been fortunate to have maintained her cover for this long. But, it appeared that while that was the case, she clearly was in over her head here and needed assistance.

But had that been a mistake? To trust Arashi? The daughter of the man who she believed was trying to kill her? She could have told Azuki, but she imagined that would only place him in just as much danger as well. What if Arashi had been in on this, and had separated her from her father just as an easier means of killing them both?

With her mind racing, it appeared that the only one remaining somewhat calm in this situation was the guard, who despite his devotion to the Kazekage, was indeed attempting to reassure her that Arashi had not betrayed her trust.

"How can you be so certain?"

Kotohime had only known Arashi when they were both children, and now the two of them could not have been any more different. She could not tell what, but she wasn't exactly the way she remembered her. There was much that was different, though she was still willing to help her. It just seemed too convenient.

Though perhaps she said too much, considering the feelings she had been reading from Asahi-san from their previous conversation. Plus, there was no one else. But he still remained loyal to both, so how could she not be just as cautious around him? Yet, it appeared that he at least was willing to hear her out, and not turn her into the Kazekage.

"The plan? Yes!..I mean..ahem..yes...the plan...Arashi had assumed that if her father was finding information in which to plan assassination, it would be hidden within the manor itself...in a bookshelf in his study...while I was to try and procure such, she intended to protect my father and if possible...gain intelligence from one of the assailants..."

Kotohime would then sigh as she held her hands at her side, shaking her head before then looking at the ground.

"Unfortunately, I have recovered no information...and the study in which she spoke of holds little more than books related to the history of the Oonakayama or scrolls related to reconstruction...and his and Lady'Kasumi's bed chambers are under guard...by a large wolf creature..."

Clearly, she was referring to Nai, but that dog was strange to the young woman nonetheless.

"If I found nothing, I was to continue to remain here until she returned...but that was months ago...and I have yet to hear anything of an announced arrival..."

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Bai
MADE BY VEL OF GS