Alliance names

compose a reply
Alliance namesSept 16, 2022 9:53:51 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage
Howdy everyone! So it's occurred to me that we have two separate alliances between Konoha, Kusagakure, Sunagakure and Kumogakure [not too sure about that one.] and their opposing force Kirigakure, Amegakure, Iwagakure, Takigakure and Yukigakure. I feel that these alliances need names since it's apart of the lore of the site. I'm not sure what we'd call it but I came up with the name Brimstone for the Kono, Kusa, Suna and Kumo alliance and Bronze for the Kiri, Ame, Iwa, Taki and Yuki alliance. I don't know if they would stick of if they're any good but I figured I'd bring it up and maybe we could brainstorm something together!
last edit by Taki Okada on Sept 16, 2022 9:54:54 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Alliance namesSept 16, 2022 14:53:44 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage
I don't know, I guess Brimstone just sounded like it made sense cause its usually associated with Fire. Even thought that I know it's very bibical and does refer to the apocalypse. But I picked Bronze because it's a metal that I feel would be synonomous with a lot of the nations. Yuki has ranmantaru steel, Kiri is a village known for swordsmanship, Iwa also has the tantetsu and themselves are a very strong village, and Ame uses a lot of metal for it's still structures. I just feel like it's synonoumous in a way with both nations, sort of and it rolls off the tongue nicely the Brimstone alliance and Bronze Alliance.
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Alliance namesSept 18, 2022 9:50:01 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
Without a Kusa leader it's impossible to confirm an alliance there yet. I think presently though there's also more so a bunch of villages more so trusting of each other than the other villages. A part of the site is political intrigue, so there should always be the chance none of the villages work together. They could all seek and pursue single grudges or attempt endless peace. I think it'd be boring and I've wanted to propose an alliance and possible war goal for the villages Iwa is mostly buddy-buddy.

I actually will admit I was struggling to think of an alliance name to propose. My thoughts had been something like Hailstorm alliance, where I can kind of logic out how it includes all the villages. Hails like little stones, it's frozen water and rain fits ame, but storm could imply a downfall like a waterfall. I see you did the same, but to be honest as a character who thinks they have a gold tongue. I think Takara would think the title bronze would imply weakness, I feel with your justifications we could fit any metal and honestly if brimstone and bronze being together is why bronze, I'd put money on the other alliance not picking brimstone. xD

Brimstone sounds straight evil to me, I see absolutely no reason a group of leaders would agree to actively label themselves the bad guys. Based on present site narrative I feel like that alliance would be the defenders in a war-ish situation or clash of alliances, so it'd make more sense they took a high and mighty protectorate title. I don't sports, but the first title that came to my mind was Home Alliance. Like how score boards always have a home team. Jian, Tact, Haru and [Insert new kusa leader here] are welcome to correct me, if they want the brimstone title.
Yoshiko has written 77 posts
Alliance namesSept 23, 2022 21:08:32 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
I do appreciate the idea, although in all honesty I'm not too sure about the names. I believe one of the issues is that apart from the alliance between Suna & Konoha as well as Iwa-Taki-Ame a lot of the other villages have either migrated between alliances or were never fully part of one to begin with. I do believe there should be a name for these coalitions, as it makes sense IC that people would find something shorter to refer to them by, but I believe that should be either village rulers or maybe even something to be figured out by all the NPC mods putting their heads together as to what would make the most IC sense.

And to be clear, the only reason I am not really sure about the names is because neither gives me the clear impression of the villages they're meant to be representing. Additionally I feel like there might be separate names given to the tried and tested alliances (Suna-Konoha / Iwa-Taki-Ame) and the current coalitions which includes the more recent additions.

All in all I do like the idea though, just think there might be a better way to execute it.
has written 844 posts

quick reply

compose a reply