Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]

compose a reply
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Sept 30, 2022 3:58:36 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 12th, 1003 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2

It was not an unusual thing to see Yuki Hinata training, it was perhaps the only thing he knew how to adequately do. At least, that was what his mind always told him. He was quiet, and unobtrusive. Rarely did he ask for assistance in his training, in fact, he often isolated himself from the rest of his team in an attempt to work on things by himself. Today was a fundamentals training, he heard plenty of talk about it. Something he needed to master before he could think about going on to chunin. So, being a perfectionist that was what he set himself up to do.

A large pine tree was his companion, and he was set with the daunting task of running up it with the added factor of having to absolutely stick to the surface of it, using chakra. Which meant a lot of focus on his chakra control and equally so being able to endure the exhaustion of running up a tree, falling and doing it again. It was no easy task and Hinata might have benefited from simply asking someone on how to do it right, but he did not. He didn't want to burden anyone, after all, so up the tree he went for the third time today.

214 | | notes
ulla
Han has written 153 posts
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Oct 4, 2022 8:41:53 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Everyone has a part to play
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 11/18 rank Genin occupation
[attr="class","rlover"]
[attr="class","rloverFlowers"]

I won't give up 'cause there will be a day...

I'll be worth it

[attr="class","rloverTag"]Up the Pine

[attr="class","rloverImg"]

[attr="class","rloverText"]
❛❛

Today was a day of relaxation. She had no team meetings or training with her genin teammates and her parents didn't have any errands they wanted her to run today so it was a free day. Normally Kohaku would be proactive and do some sort of training to try and keep up with her peers who certainly had a bit more experience in the field of being shinobi, but instead, she decided she would take a stroll around the village to take in the sights.

As she continued in her jaunt of the village she found herself near a large pine tree with another shinobi around her age climbing it up and down. Guess he was training himself and Kohaku felt a sort of kindred spirit with him. So she couldn't help and feel like she needed to do something about this and show she wasn't about to lose to another so easily. Finding the nearest tree of similar size as the one he was training on she would focus her chakra into her feet. She knew the fundamentals of the technique, but the actual application was something she needed to work on herself.

"Don't think I'll let you get ahead of me that easily," she would finally say to announce her presence, if he hadn't seen her yet at least, to the fellow genin. Taking a quick running start she began trying to climb the tree with barely any luck as her chakra control needed a lot of work. She didn't get far up at all, barely going up a few feet, before falling back to the ground. Catching herself from her descent she would add, "I may not be as skilled yet, but I won't give up!" She enjoyed a bit of friendly competition and while she may be imposing herself onto his training she figured it could only help the both of them.

[newclass=".rlover"]--black1: #2A2A2A; --black2: #1D1D1D; --pink2: #BEE6ED; --pink3: #DFFFFC;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rlover"]width: 500px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 30px; margin: 25px auto 10px auto; background-color: var(--black1); border-radius: 10px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; min-height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag"]border: 1px solid var(--black1); max-width: calc(100% - 60px); word-wrap: break-word; background: radial-gradient(50% 50% at 50% 50%, #1D1D1D 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.87) 58.67%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0) 100%);; padding: 20px 50px 20px 50px; height: max-content; margin-top: 165px; margin-bottom: 6px; z-index:3; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 7px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: var(--pink3); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag > a"]font-style: italic; text-decoration: none; color: var(--pink2); text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); z-index:3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverImg"]width: 70%; height: 250px; border-radius: 0px 10px 0px 0px; background: url("https://i.ibb.co/cyHDVNG/postie.png"); background-size: cover; filter: saturate(50%) brightness(50%); margin: -30px 0px 0px 120px; position: absolute; box-shadow: inset 110px -80px 70px rgba(81, 81, 81, 1); z-index:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText"]align-self: end; background-color: var(--black2); border-radius: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px 50px 25px 45px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > p"]font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; letter-spacing: 0.125em; color: white;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > div"]font-size: 48px; letter-spacing: 0.01em; color: var(--pink3); float:left; margin: 10px 10px -20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers"]position: absolute; width: 500px; margin: -30px 0px 0px -30px; z-index:3; border-radius: 10px; height: 300px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > img"]filter: saturate(8) contrast(1) brightness(0.2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h2"]position: absolute; top: 120px; left: 70px; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 9px; line-height: 6px; letter-spacing: 0.25em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px #000000; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h1"]top: 140px; left: 170px; position: absolute; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: italic; font-weight: 100; font-size: 24px; line-height: 12px; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px var(--pink2); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Elumenate has written 81 posts
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Dec 4, 2022 5:58:32 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata was far too involved in his own training to notice the girl. So her very sudden announcement had caused for his chakra control to waver and for him to collapse down against the ground in shock. He stared as she too would begin to attempt to run up a nearby pine, except she had announced herself and spoken to him as if they were good friends.

Hinata had no good friends. He would not even wager to say he had any friends. Perhaps some considered him a friend or a companion. But his nervous disposition would never allow him to call others the same in return.

Slowly he stood up from the powdery white and shook it off of his shoulders and out of his tossled hair with a grimace. Was she shouting to herself?

Not being one for competition, he decided to ignore the girl then and there. He didn't feel any significant push to interact with her, and took several steps away from the pine so that he could get a good running start and with a leap towards it he would begin to run. One foot, then the other would hit the trunk with a few thuds...

He managed ten steps up before his chakra became inadequate and he fell, this time he felt it coming and was able to push off a bit more gracefully than before in his descent.
235 | | notes
ulla
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Dec 13, 2022 0:57:28 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

Well her goading didn't seem to phase the other ninja he stayed rather silent. "Must be the loner type," Kohaku would mutter to herself as she flicked an eye back to him each time she could while going up and down the tree in an attempt to get the jutsu right. Might be a bit more difficult to get along with him rather than it was with her team especially since Kazu and Shinsou were a bit more social though that might be because they had some familiarity with each other than she had with them. Was it a bad idea to go up to a stranger and try to make friends with them? Probably, but that didn't mean she shouldn't at least try right?

So she would take a different approach to get to know her fellow shinobi. Just which way though? She could try attacking him and try initiating a spar with them though that could be disastrous and he could get the wrong idea thinking she was trying to hurt him. There was also the option of cheering him on from below which tended to be favorable to those who liked to impress girls, but she didn't know his personality type fully nor his sexuality so that might prove useless too. Guess she would have to try and simple approach and just be friendly, but not too overly friendly.

Stopping her training for a quick second she would stand nearby his tree, but not too close to not be imposing on his training and try to spark a conversation. "Hi, I'm Kohaku! I'm new to being a genin and was wondering if you could give me some tips or tricks on tree climbing." This was sort of half true and half false. Truthfully she was new and was wondering if he did have any tricks up his sleeve, but she wasn't here to ask him for help, but rather get to know her fellow shinobi. She always felt she was a bit of a social girl who liked getting to know people so finding a stranger around her age just meant a new person to get to know.

[newclass=".rlover"]--black1: #2A2A2A; --black2: #1D1D1D; --pink2: #BEE6ED; --pink3: #DFFFFC;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rlover"]width: 500px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 30px; margin: 25px auto 10px auto; background-color: var(--black1); border-radius: 10px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; min-height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag"]border: 1px solid var(--black1); max-width: calc(100% - 60px); word-wrap: break-word; background: radial-gradient(50% 50% at 50% 50%, #1D1D1D 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.87) 58.67%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0) 100%);; padding: 20px 50px 20px 50px; height: max-content; margin-top: 165px; margin-bottom: 6px; z-index:3; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 7px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: var(--pink3); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag > a"]font-style: italic; text-decoration: none; color: var(--pink2); text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); z-index:3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverImg"]width: 70%; height: 250px; border-radius: 0px 10px 0px 0px; background: url("https://i.ibb.co/cyHDVNG/postie.png"); background-size: cover; filter: saturate(50%) brightness(50%); margin: -30px 0px 0px 120px; position: absolute; box-shadow: inset 110px -80px 70px rgba(81, 81, 81, 1); z-index:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText"]align-self: end; background-color: var(--black2); border-radius: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px 50px 25px 45px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > p"]font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; letter-spacing: 0.125em; color: white;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > div"]font-size: 48px; letter-spacing: 0.01em; color: var(--pink3); float:left; margin: 10px 10px -20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers"]position: absolute; width: 500px; margin: -30px 0px 0px -30px; z-index:3; border-radius: 10px; height: 300px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > img"]filter: saturate(8) contrast(1) brightness(0.2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h2"]position: absolute; top: 120px; left: 70px; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 9px; line-height: 6px; letter-spacing: 0.25em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px #000000; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h1"]top: 140px; left: 170px; position: absolute; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: italic; font-weight: 100; font-size: 24px; line-height: 12px; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px var(--pink2); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Feb 11, 2023 7:08:41 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata was up the tree the third time, determined to get just a little higher with each new attempt. His chakra control was not necessarily at its best, he knew he had more of a large chakra pool than the opposite being true so this sort of technique took only double the time for him to accomplish. He landed on the ground again with a huff, to find the girl standing nearby the tree. He almost flinched back, but he resisted the urge and simply straightened himself out and just stared at her. Blinking, blankly and with little expression at first.

"Yuki, Hinata..." He murmured his name, though the physical discomfort was present in his body. He was bad at talking, bad at interacting. Not because he was antagonistic, but because people had hurt him in the past and despite his age he was still learning that not everyone was out to get him in some manner of speaking. But loud voices and boisterous people never made him feel well.

"I'm new too... I don't really have many tips or tricks. I'm just learning. Chakra control is not my strongest point." He tried to lower his shoulders, to let the tension in his body bleed away but it seemed an impossibility.

211 | | notes
ulla
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Mar 7, 2023 3:24:50 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

So he could talk that was a good thing. Kohaku was wondering if maybe she would have to start wavering her arms or write stuff down somewhere because he was so unresponsive before. Yet from his body language, he just wasn't comfortable with her presence. Had she taken the wrong approach to learning and training with a peer? Was she being too strong with how she spoke and presented herself? It wasn't this bad with her genin team so maybe she needed to work on her interpersonal relationships with people better. Well, only one way to do that.

"I'm sorry," Kohaku would apologize immediately after he spoke about his chakra control issues. This was about her rather abrupt speaking not to his chakra issues, but she didn't realize what it sounded like at first and panicked slightly. "I mean about suddenly approaching you and not thinking about how I might make you uncomfortable with just approaching you as if I already knew it." She would cover her face with her hands feeling slightly humiliated and ashamed of herself before continuing, "I also have issues with chakra control so I was hoping if I found someone to either imitate or train with it would be easier to get a handle of my chakra by comparing it to another." Kohaku was a girl who did best when she had something to drive her forward and comparing herself to others was one of the ways she pushed forward.

Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Mar 7, 2023 4:45:27 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata did not know why the girl apologized, but he also took it at face value. It was an apology, for one thing or another. He stood there, still with a sense of tension, trepidation in his heart and chest. Anxiety as always creeping and gripping at his lungs, making it just a little harder to breathe than it would normally. But he said nothing, he just stood there and stared, at least until the girl was done speaking.

"Oh." It was a mumble, running off of his lips, freezing cold. "It's okay." Perhaps it was not, but Hinata was far from the kind of person who would ever admit to something not being okay. He was used to living in discomfort, it was a part of his skin, engrained in his flesh.

"Well, we can trade notes." It was the most simple resolution Hinata could find in his mind. Perhaps it was the wrong one, but between the two of them it did not sound like they had any great experience in chakra control. It meant learning would be harder, but they would still have to do it.

The young Yuki looked up the pine he was climbing.

"I have put too much or too little each time I run, back and forth." He commented, explaining. Which meant that he couldn't find a way to strike a balance.
229 | | notes
ulla
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Mar 26, 2023 23:51:59 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

This was good she was making progress with this boy. Sure it was obvious he wasn't the most comfortable with her rather strong approach to meeting him, but he was willing to at least try which is all she could ask for. Besides, it was her blunder that made him uncomfortable so the fact he was even willing to slightly open up and talk to her meant he was at the very least a good person. Sure he was probably shy, but at least there was a good heart inside them which was something Kohaku would appreciate even if she never said it to him.

Kohaku would listen to his responses rather intently and from how small his words were it showed he was not much of a talker. He probably either kept to himself or relied on others to help him speak out once a bond with them was developed. So she would have to figure him out some more to help him come out of his shell though she wouldn't push him either as that would probably just lead to disastrous results too. Slow and easy was the game then.

"I would love that," Kohaku would respond when he suggested they share notes with him stating he put too much or too little each time and this got her mind ticking. "What if we take it slow then?" She would think of how the water walking method worked and wondered if it had a similar method to it. "If we can stable our chakra to stand one foot in place on the tree could we essentially walk up it doing the same method?" Kohaku would think about this and wondered if it was possible to try that. "Then we could step with each foot and alternate with each step slowly and eventually get faster and faster as we get better at identifying what levels we need to output." Kohaku would look towards the boy and ask, "Do you think that might work?"

Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]May 13, 2023 6:21:14 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata glanced towards Kohaku briefly watching her face for a sign of betrayal or something more sinister. But it never came, perhaps she was good at hiding herself. Perhaps she was inherently willing to share herself with the world. Only one of those options made for a good warrior, and the other made for a good friend. But shinobi were not supposed to be friends with each other, were they? They were supposed to be tools for the village, at least, this is what Hinata had learned in his nineteen years of existence. The world was a cold and frozen as the ice he was capable of manipulating.

Her suggestion was not without merits, though he had his reservations.

Going slow up a tree, he had heard could mean an immediate failure. Running gave momentum to adjust the chakra.

"Would that not slow the process? Other genin run the trees or walls, usually...?" It was a question that came and quickly seemed to fade on his expression, he looked down at the ground and then back towards the pine he had been running up and falling down against.

"We can try." Hinata was not ever made to be a leader, and he realized now that his naysaying words were probably only going to work against the grain of teamwork.

219 | | notes
ulla
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]May 19, 2023 23:04:44 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

He was opening up which was good that meant they were making progress! Kohaku was happy for them to actually be responding to her suggestion even if it might just be a stretch. Shoot even in her mind going slow and steady might not be the best option especially since they would normally be running up trees so building a habit of walking up them might prove disastrous for them in the long run, but he didn't interject the idea too much. He eventually relented to it to which Kohaku would add, "If it doesn't work out we try something else instead." She would give him a warm smile before continuing, "Never hurts to fail while training. It's how you grow after all."

Kohaku would then turn her attention back to the tree and take it one step at a time. Placing a foot on the tree she would focus the chakra into that foot to keep it in place. Once completed she would do the same with the second foot. This would cause her to stand at a ninety-degree angle from the tree like some weird branch to its trunk. Now comes the hard part, which is why most people ran up them, moving her feet. Letting the chakra go from the foot that would be moving she would attempt to take a step up the tree, but the anchor of the chakra on the other foot would fluctuate due to the fact the surface of her foot was now in a different balance. This would cause her to slip slightly as she quickly put chakra into both feet and accidentally smash her feet into the trunk of the tree. Kohaku would jump back away from the tree after freeing herself from her mistake and would look at Hinata and say, "Maybe running is the better idea."

Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]May 21, 2023 8:19:02 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Instead of making an attempt himself, Hinata watched. It had been the girl's idea to begin with, and so he felt it was better if he observed to see if she would be successful in her suggestion and therefore it would be worth spending the energy to try her way. All in all he found observation could at times be just as helpful as simply working oneself to the bone. Of course, his keepers would not have agreed with such a sentiment. They preferred to work him to the bone, but he was - as time wore on, he realized this more for himself - only a human. He had his limits, as everyone did...

In the end, the girl did not succeed and instead switched to their previous mode of training.

Hinata nodded slightly a silent affirmation that he had been observing, and listening to her. But then he turned back to the tree, the beautiful tall pine, determined to make a difference in his next run.

So he focused through gritted into that pool that was in the center of his being, his life force. He cultivated it as it ran down to his feet, and he full speed ran at it with all the brutality and force that he felt was needed to be successful.

It worked, at least in terms of his immediate goal. He ran up the tree, and sliced into the bark to mark where he had made it to before jumping off and down to the ground with a heavy puff of air upon his landing. Slowly he would rise and roll his shoulders, looking up the length of it.

Indeed, he had made it further, but it was not yet perfect. Though he had a feeling, mastery would hardly take an afternoon.

"Your turn..." He muttered, perhaps they could watch each other instead of racing and by watching they could learn from the mistakes and successes of the other.
325 | | notes
ulla
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Jun 4, 2023 19:54:14 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

Failure was the epitome of learning right? So her walking strategy didn't work and they would probably need to revert to simply running up to the tree didn't deter her. It just pushed her to try even harder. If she wasn't willing to learn from her mistakes then how was she supposed to prove herself as a shinobi? So she was willing to take this particular failure in stride especially if it meant she could learn a thing or two from her training partner.

It was now their turn to attempt the tree-running technique. He was successful! "Nice job!" Kohaku would say in excitement for her fellow snow shinobi. Though her celebration wouldn't be something she could continue with as it would now be her turn again. The dual-haired boy even reminded her it would be her turn now. Taking a small gulp and taking a deep breath to calm any nerves that might linger in her heart as she would concentrate her chakra on her feet.

Then she would quickly run forward her speed a lot faster than her partners due to her innate ability. Getting closer to the tree she instinctively closed her eyes for a second at the impact of her foot touching the tree. She would quickly reopen her eyes to keep her concentration going a bit, but the delay in opening and closing them caused the rhythm to be off with her speed. While she did climb up the tree a bit it was by far shorter than her comrades.

Her last foot slipped off the tree as the chakra would come late and she would find herself tumbling towards the ground. She would crash on the ground with dust catching up in the air as she got up. "Well that's embarrassing," she would say while laughing a bit at herself. She wasn't injured or anything, but she was a little battered up from the fall. Looking at Hinata she would ask, "You wanna go again?" This was so she could have a quick second to recoup herself before trying again.

Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Jun 5, 2023 21:18:50 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata did not have a particularly excitable reaction to when he was told he had done a good job. He disagreed, it was not a nice job, it was at best an average job for a genin who was still trying to learn. It was made worse because of his age, there were small children who could do what he was just attempting to do. Ones that had already accomplished far more than he had ever been allowed to accomplish. It made him a touch bitter, but that bitterness had no direction it was just there, hovering over him indefinitely.

He was staring at the girl

Kohaku took off though, and he watched her in silence. She seemed to be doing well, and her speed was quite impressive. Hinata felt a pang of that bitterness now too, he trained hard and there was not a lot he could do and yet there was a girl, probably younger than him - she certainly looked younger than him - who was faster... Learning the very thing he was learning. For a moment the mask of his face faltered and his jaw tightened. But soon enough she was falling and landing a bit unceremoniously against the snowy ground with a dull thud against the collection of frosted-moss beneath the pine tree.

It was surprising to Hinata that she had chuckled and expressed her embarrassment. It was common for shinobi to fall in training, it was surprising that she felt humiliation. Even more so, humiliation with a person who was older than her and just learning the technique. It didn't matter he figured, because she asked him soon after if he would go again.

So he glanced up towards the pine before nodding once. He had to try again, he had to until he collapsed and could not move anymore.

So he set himself in front of it and took one deep breath, his nostrils flaring once the cold air filtering through his lungs, stinging as he inhaled though he did not feel the need to retreat, cold had never bothered him like others...

He set off up the pine.
438 | | notes
ulla
last edit by Yuki Hinata on Jun 5, 2023 22:18:48 GMT -5
Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Jun 24, 2023 8:46:30 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

He wasn't much of a speaker and despite her prodding to get him to be more friendly, it seemed like he would be distant for quite some time. Probably was just his demeanor and the fact this was their first meeting. Maybe if they worked together more often he could warm up to her and they could get along as friends. It was a nice thought and it kept her spirits up despite her initial fall from her last attempt. Better to focus on things she could try and control rather than something she couldn't though so she would focus on his technique to see if she could learn anything from him.

Yet she couldn't help and feel a tinge of something in the back of her mind telling her not to wait. To just go and do it with him. Maybe them both running up the tree together might help her rather than them going in turns. It couldn't hurt to try right? It wasn't like they were using the same tree anyways so why not? He was a few feet up the tree he was climbing before she decided to sprint up her tree to try and see if she could match his own pace and maybe just maybe do as well as he did.

Up the Pine [T | Kohaku]Jun 25, 2023 10:37:12 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata was not expecting to see the girl out of his peripheral. It threw him off so significantly that as he ran up the tree he felt himself slipping, and in what had to be a split second he almost fell back down. But he responded quickly enough, just marginally to grab a tree branch nearby of the pine he was practicing against. His fingers grasped onto the branch for dear life as his heart pumped and his adrenaline went into a full fight mode. It frustrated him that such a simple thing could throw him off, but there he hung by one arm because it did just that.

Soon enough he decided to put his second hand onto the branch and pull himself up to sit on the branch and lean against it with a soft exasperated sigh.

He needed a break, they could probably keep working on it regardless, but he needed a quick breather from how things had gone just seconds ago.

Hinata glanced over to see if the girl had managed to get any further. She probably had, but for a moment it didn't really matter how far she had gotten as much as he felt frustrated that he had the heart of a rabbit apparently.

Regardless he would spend the rest of the day practicing, until he was quite chakra exhausted.

[end/fade?]
226 | | notes
ulla