Meeting With the Hokage

compose a reply
Meeting With the HokageOct 1, 2022 21:44:06 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
The sun was beginning to slowly sink in the sky, as its rays reached out across the sky towards the quickly darkening east, as though it was trying to make a last attempt at getting to illuminate that part of the heavens furthest away from it.  And while the sun made its quiet descent toward the horizon, soon to plunge that part of the hemisphere of the world into night, it was expected that the people who dwelled under its rays would be planning themselves to retire for the day, and turn their thoughts to home and to rest. Of course, there were some who, for some reason or the other, were rousing themselves, as most of their activities were well suited for the night. But in general, most people were wrapping up activities.

For some, though, the dying of the sun was a time to find a quiet place to decompress. Uriko was one of such people. Having spent most of her daytime in Konoha's main hospital building, which also served as the headquarters of the Medic Corps, the young Genin often preferred to spend some time alone in some solitary place, as she allowed the stress of the day to wash off her, before going home to spend the rest of the night at home.

For Uriko, these times were important. They helped her remember why she had opted to join the Medic Corps, even though many times, it did seem as though the challenge of being a medic shinobi was overwhelming. But ninja were meant to endure, and the quietness of her spot on the roof of a tall building was one of the ways by which she endured.

last edit by Kayahara Urikohime on Oct 1, 2022 22:26:43 GMT -5
Ronin has written 328 posts
Meeting With the HokageOct 4, 2022 3:26:33 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 26/12 rank Elite Jonin occupation Hokage
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
The sun was slowly descending over the village of Konoha as dawn was turning into night, people often preferred different times of day some liked the daytime while others preferred the night. Keisuke was a man that didn't mind either and sometimes could be found out at night performing his duties while not as common these days due to him being the Hokage now at one time or another the man used to patrol during the day and night the same with his partaking in activities he would often prefer either day or night. Now that he is Hokage he spends most of his time doing day activities though on occasion he will perform the odd night patrol just for old times' sakes and often without a bodyguard present or guards in general for that matter. It had been a few weeks since his last patrol that he snuck out to do. At the minute though Keisuke was currently finishing up in the Hokage's office with his daily duties with finishing up on some paperwork and other such matters before heading out for the day. Instead of going the traditional front door route out of the Kage's tower he jumped out onto the balcony of the Hokage's office and would head out of it right onto the closest rooftop as he made his way to a safe edge to stop for a moment. Keisuke now had an important choice to make to head home for the day or take a detour to go get something to eat at the ramen shop. While the sensible choice was to go home for the day, Keisuke's belly would make it an easy choice for the man as his choice had been made and headed for the ramen shop.

Keisuke would take the rooftop route as it often proved to be the quickest route as people were still in the streets plus there was less chance of people stopping him from up here. So, with that in his mind headed out. it had not been five minutes since Keisuke had left the Kage tower before he had just based the medical hospital, except he could see it from a nearby rooftop. As he past some other areas he would see someone to his side as he past them. While it would be rude to simply ignore them it wasn't the type of person Keisuke was and decided to stop in his tracks before backtracking in his steps. Within his view now was a girl sitting by herself. It seemed at first glance that she was sitting in this spot for some quiet time alone, but that word to Keisuke didn't really exist considering his energy and how the man was. Hoping not to scare her or anything Keisuke would simply appear casually in front of her but gave some space to her. " Sorry I didn't mean to bother you or anything, but I could see that you were sitting here by yourself, just wanted to check in and make sure you're, okay?" Keisuke simply smiled after talking to the girl, with his famous glasses mounting his eyes and his cloak on his back it was hard to miss who this man was. Though Keisuke had taken notice of the girl's hair color before him, it wasn't normal to see someone with green hair. Keisuke had often been called strange with his own blue hair which was natural.

ITEMS: the hero's glasses [Active]
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
JUTSU: None
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

This Hero’s presence is an ability that stems right from Keisuke’s own chakra and with how the man is around others. The man believes that he is a real hero, even though a lot of that is self-proclaimed. His belief that he is a real hero has created something truly special for Keisuke. He has developed a special aura, that stems from his hero "energy” [chakra levels]. This aura can be seen by others, though it can only really be seen clearly when he is in the thrill of battle believing he is a true hero. Out of battle his aura is faint but is sometimes present if he speaks of his hero-like desires. Those who witness his aura ‘might’ believe in him for just a second, whilst they will often deny they believed anything. The doubt is in there minds. In the presence of friends and allies, his aura will truly be seen. His aura to friends and allies will give them a slight boost in confidence and will give them the belief they can win even if they are against it. As a Uzumaki Keisuke's will is yet strengthened by his will and determination even more he will keep going until until he drops dead if he has to.

TEMPLATE MADE BY SIFR OF GANGNAM STYLE © 2015
Jian has written 96 posts
Meeting With the HokageOct 4, 2022 22:54:57 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was lost in the moment of reverie, when a new presence made itself known. It was interesting to note that with the way this person felt, with the aura exuded by this newcomer, even one who was not a sensor, a case in point being Uriko, would be able to determine that this person was there, even if they probably had their eyes closed and ears stopped. The kunoichi had read accounts of people being able to project their auras to be felt by others, killing intent being one of the more common auras being used. She probably would have attempted to study more about such abilities if she had any affinity with genjutsu, seeing as the projection of one's aura did seem to be a viable genjutsu cue. But that was something to be thought about another time. The new presence was commanding her attention.

A voice spoke as the green-haired girl looked up at the stranger. "Thank you so much for your concern," she replied, genuinely grateful that he had asked after her wellbeing. "I'm fine, just considering my life decisions and how I'm doing so far." The person with the strong presence had blue hair, a bright red and orange cape, and... weird glasses. Uriko raised an eyebrow. An average Konoha citizen would have recognized him straightaway, but since Uriko had spent quite a while in Heiwa before coming to Konoha, the recognition took longer to be made. But it came. Her second eyebrow rose to meet the first one, her expression changing from mild curiosity to amazement, as she sprang to her feet.

"Hokage-sama?! Oh my! I'm sorry, I did not recognize you right away. What is someone of your station doing up here?"

Meeting With the HokageOct 19, 2022 17:22:37 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
Whilst Keisuke didn't really know much about the aura that came from him when he was around others, it projected his energy into others even if he had no idea how this worked. While Keisuke is around other people they often believe in the man and everything about him seems believable no matter who the person is while it doesn't force them to do anything there will always be that doubt in their minds about Keisuke and everything that he brings. While Keisuke couldn't even explain how this Aura even developed in the man, he had been with him for the last few years. It could be linked in that Keisuke thinks that he is a hero, and that same energy is reflected onto others, it could also be that Keisuke is an Uzumaki and they always have high energy and will. Keisuke has never thought too much about this Aura of his, but it could be worth checking it out at another time, but for now, Keisuke's focus was on the girl in front of him. While he had not given too much attention to it the first time around, he noticed now that the girl had a unique color of hair, similar to how Keisuke's own hair color was blue in color. The girl's hair before his eyes was green in color, which seemed so unnatural, but at the same time felt intriguing to Keisuke as he looked over her, but not in a way to make him look suspicious or strange. If anything, it made Keisuke look happy there was another in the village that had unnatural hair color.

Keisuke had not met this girl before but considering everything, there were many he had not met yet, and someone of Keisuke's importance to Konoha he didn't have time to meet everyone in the village as yet, as he had only been in the job for nearly a year and yet that year had been full of its own challenges. Keisuke would listen to the girl speak firstly thanking Keisuke for his concern and following up with another answer about her life choices. Something that Keisuke had often thought about if things had gone differently in his life, would he have found himself as the Hokage right now if he had changed anything about his past? He knew at this moment nothing could be done to change the past instead he needed to look to the future to build for his village.

It seemed as if the girl had only just recognized that Keisuke was in fact the Hokage, but he didn't blame her for not knowing and would not hold it against her. "Do not worry yourself I am sure you have your reasons, the same could be said of myself even though I am the Hokage I do not know everyone in the village yet. So, the same could be said of me and I don't know you yet either." After speaking Keisuke would bow his head at the girl.

" Forgive me for not knowing your name, though if we had met already, I am sure would remember someone with such wonderful hair as yours. It's so unnatural that I would not forget something so exciting. " He said with a smile as he then remembered why he was on the rooftops in the first place as he had been heading for something to eat.

" Well, about being on the rooftops like this I sometimes like to take the rooftop routes of the village to avoid the crowds of the village because of my station I am often stopped. I was just heading to get something to eat at the ramen shop the rooftop route is a shortcut." He said already thinking about eating the said ramen.

" You can't be doing too badly with your choices so far if you don't mind me saying so." He said smiling with some laughter added in.
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

This Hero’s presence is an ability that stems right from Keisuke’s own chakra and with how the man is around others. The man believes that he is a real hero, even though a lot of that is self-proclaimed. His belief that he is a real hero has created something truly special for Keisuke. He has developed a special aura, that stems from his hero "energy” [chakra levels]. This aura can be seen by others, though it can only really be seen clearly when he is in the thrill of battle believing he is a true hero. Out of battle his aura is faint but is sometimes present if he speaks of his hero-like desires. Those who witness his aura ‘might’ believe in him for just a second, whilst they will often deny they believed anything. The doubt is in there minds. In the presence of friends and allies, his aura will truly be seen. His aura to friends and allies will give them a slight boost in confidence and will give them the belief they can win even if they are against it. As a Uzumaki Keisuke's will is yet strengthened by his will and determination even more he will keep going until until he drops dead if he has to.

last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on Oct 20, 2022 19:51:10 GMT -5
Meeting With the HokageOct 19, 2022 21:50:22 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
The Hokage did seem to be a rather polite person, with the way he answered Uriko. But she did think that it would be unlikely that the Hokage would know everyone in the village by name, unless they spent most of their time doing nothing but interacting, and they had some crazy photographic, or in this case, 'audiographic' memory. And then came the compliment about her hair. It shocked Uriko, not because she thought the man was lying (after all, he did have an unnatural hue of hair as well), but because she had been mocked so much for it when she was younger that she had developed a form of complex, thinking her hair was wild and uncouth. His choices of words, 'wonderful' and 'exciting', for the primary feature which had earned her the nickname 'Kijo' in the Shinobi Academy, made the Genin blush slightly.

"Oh! Well I-- well, thank you, Hokage-sama!" Uriko replied, bowing deeply. "My name is Urikohime. Kayahara Urikohime, but you can call me Uriko. Otherwise, it's a bit of a mouthful, isn't it?" The reason for Keisuke's traversing the rooftops was simply to avoid being stopped often by people, due to his office, which did make a lot of sense, especially if he was the sort of person that liked a little bit of lone time for decompression.

"Eh, I'm not too positive about my progress so far," she replied, bobbing her head one way and then the other to signify her uncertainty as to how well she was presently advancing in her life. "While I do think I am satisfied with my desire to be a ninja, there are some things I... well, I'm not so sure the life of a ninja is in total congruence with who I am."

Meeting With the HokageOct 20, 2022 19:51:40 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
In the time it would be likely that Keisuke would have no trouble remembering the girl likely from her hair alone as it was something unique to her and something that wild, unnatural and exciting to Keisuke would be something he would not forget so soon. Keisuke had always been a polite person despite his belief of him being a village hero, while there are a lot in the village that believed in Keisuke, he did have those that did not believe in his ways and despite this, he does not hold it against them. He just hopes to prove his worth to them one day and that at least gives him the chance to show them he is the hero he says he is and lead his village into the future. Keisuke watched as Uriko would speaking bowing in return at Keisuke's comments from before and introducing herself so that Keisuke had a name to identify this green-haired beauty.

" There is no need to be so formal with me Uriko. Keisuke is fine. I understand the need for you to show respect, but it is totally not needed Uriko. You are free to be yourself around me if you wish." Keisuke had spoken basically telling Uriko that she didn't have to show the highest respect like that it made Keisuke honestly feel old even though he didn't look over 30 mainly due to him being an Uzumaki it made him look younger than he actually was, though Keisuke would never consider it a bad thing.

" Well living the life of a ninja is always a long road and the path of getting there is never an easy one. If it was that simple there would not be the need for our way of life. Since we have very little choice, we have to make the most of everything we can and do the best job we can as ninjas. It's like me, I try to be the best hero I can be for the village. " He said speaking outload to Uriko fist bumping the air. In truth Keisuke had got carried away with his hero thoughts and looked a little goofy in front of Uriko was he trying to impress her or did she just catch him acting silly life was always fun with Keisuke around.

" So tell me about these life choices of yours Uriko. I am eager to find out!." He had asked Uriko mainly as method to deflect the attention away from himself as he held the back of his head.
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on Jan 11, 2023 23:02:39 GMT -5
Meeting With the HokageOct 20, 2022 22:17:27 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
The Hokage, if anything, seemed a rather informal man. While Uriko was quite happy with not having to be formal, the fact remained that he was the head of the village, and the young Genin, being a naturally respectful person, would accord him that honor, whether he approved or not. But at least, he would not have to see her bowing all over when speaking with him. Calling the Hokage by his first name sounded so... personal. And although Uriko preferred to address people by first names, the Hokage was supposed to be a special case. But he was fine with it, so that was good.

Uriko listened to Keisuke's speech, and found herself giggling at his antics. He seemed so hyper. Well, that was not a bad thing. If anything, the man's enthusiasm was infectious. Uriko could, for a moment, swear that just listening to him made her feel like she had whatever it took to succeed at being a ninja. But her logical mind was not very willing to accept that things were as possible as they presently seemed. Still, Keisuke seemed to be a good leader, if he could inspire his followers just by talking to them, thought the Genin.

Uriko was suddenly surprised as the Hokage unexpectedly asked her to tell him about what she was ruminating, expressing an interest in hearing what she had to say. "Ah... I'm not sure my issues are that important, Hoka-- Keisuke-sama..." she said nervously, unsure how to proceed. But she was not just trying to be humble; the green-haired girl simply did not think she was that important.

Meeting With the HokageJan 11, 2023 23:03:06 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
Keisuke was very much the most informal person you could meet in the village even as the current Hokage the man presented himself to the rest of the village like he was nothing special and didn't expect people to call him the Hokage all the time and didn't expect people to bow to his feet like some king or something. While they were free to do as they wished in terms of greeting Keisuke he would often remind people they did not have to lay out the red carpet for him every time his presence was needed, the man was like any other person in the village in his eyes, even though his position in the village dictated that he is in the highest village position as the village leader sometimes even Keisuke forgot he had that responsibility on his shoulders. Keisuke had promised to serve the position the best as he could even though he didn't like some aspects of the job like the amount of paperwork involved and minor things like that, but that is what having a good assistant was for. Keisuke did often spend a lot of his time roaming the village and greeting his village as much as he could instead of spending the time in the Hokage tower.

While Uriko answered him by saying that her issues were not important. Keisuke looked at her once more and blinked a few times before giving an immediate response back towards Uriko, as he did Keisuke would sit down on the nearby wall which seemed to be a support for the roof of the building, whatever the case Keisuke used it to sit directly in front of Uriko. " It doesn't matter Uriko, if you feel that your issues are not important. As the village leader, it is my duty to listen to the needs of my village, this is even more important when it comes to the needs of my village ninja. " He said softly towards Uriko smiling at her to make her feel like it was important to Keisuke which it was as he needed all of his ninja in the best shape possible, without feeling the need to hide anything from him, for the most part, his ninja were free to speak their minds.
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

last edit by Uzumaki Keisuke on Jan 11, 2023 23:03:39 GMT -5
Meeting With the HokageJan 12, 2023 20:36:33 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
As Keisuke seated himself, while explaining to Uriko that his duty was to listen to his fellow villagers, Uriko nodded quietly. Since he seemed rather interested in hearing out her woes, the Genin decided that she might as well tell him. After all, it was not like she had any particular secrets to hide, and there was an adage that went, "a problem shared is half solved". Even though Uriko did not consider what she was about to tell the Hokage as a particular problem, perhaps he would be able to give her some advice on how to better deal with her issues of feeling stagnant and out of place in the village.

"Well, okay" she replied, "since you seem so eager to listen to me, why not? I'm nineteen and I'm just a Genin. There is excusable reason for that, being that, shortly after I graduated from the Academy, I had to spend about seven years in Heiwa with my grandfather in the last moments of his life, as he had no other family left, and he and my late grandmother had been the ones that were responsible for raising me. So I'm back and presently trying to progress as a ninja, but most, if not all of my age mates are already at least Chuunin, and I often end up with people younger than me, which makes it a bit difficult to interact with them. It does seem so lonely, sometimes. But the loneliness is not always a bad thing, I suppose, as it gives me quite some amount of time to think... like I was doing before you came along."

Meeting With the HokageSept 25, 2023 18:34:43 GMT -5
Uzumaki Keisuke
Uzumaki Keisuke Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DON'T YOU WANNA BE A
SUPERHERO
Uriko would speak about the troubles she had been facing before she returned to being a ninja in the village, Keisuke didn't really have experience of having to look after his love ones in the last moments of their lives as his own parents had been still alive and at the moment did not require Keisuke to look after them in the same way. While there was no limit to what age a genin could be promoted to chuunin Keisuke did understand being the oldest Genin about could present problems in its own right, but Keisuke was sure that Uriko would do enough to make it in the end she just had to keep trying.

" While I can't speak about the stuff you went through with your late grandfather and it took time away from being a ninja. Now that you are back you can slowly work yourself into a position to be promoted, work on what you fail at, and try to get better at them one day at a time. Don't try to force it either as it will be harder than way and you will stress about it more. If you want to develop yourself better than work on you rather than other around you and you will find a way. " Keisuke had spoken and given her some advice on how to progress while what he said wasn't so easy to understand. He is basically saying keep trying and you will get there. " So Uriko it doesn't honestly matter if you the oldest out of the genin, it just shows you have more life experience than someone under yourself if you think about it that way. " Keisuke said with a smile.
the hero's cape [Active]
TAGS:
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Hero’s "Presence”

Meeting With the HokageSept 25, 2023 21:47:37 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was mildly surprised that she had never thought about her late age being a Genin as having any special advantages, when Keisuke pointed out that she would be wiser than the average crop of Genin, since she had more life experiences. This was true. There was, although, a part of her that wanted to reply that nineteen wasn't particularly a very wise age, but she knew enough to understand that it was almost impossible to achieve anything of great value instantaneously. Wisdom was built, developed, and usually through the use of one's judgement by trial and error.

Maybe this realization of such a fact was the wisdom Keisuke was talking about.

"Huh," she said thoughtfully. "What do you know, I'd never thought of it that way. Thanks for taking the time out to chat with little old me. You brought an entirely different perspective I had never thought about, and didn't know I needed." She paused, diverting her gaze, as a thought seemed to cross her mind, then she turned to look at the Hokage again. "You know, Keisuke-sama, I earlier mentioned that I was wondering whether the ninja life was fitting of me as a person. Most ninja work involves hurting and killing others. This is necessary, I guess, because it's military work. But sometimes I think the violence really gets to me sometimes and depresses me. Which is why I chose to be a medic ninja, as I hope to be able to do some healing, not just hurting. Has the violence of ninja life ever bothered you? If yes, how do you cope?"