The Forest For The Trees [Training]

compose a reply
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 3, 2022 19:24:15 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

The Forest

Azarea paced slowly around the clearing doing her best to clear her mind and calm the excited beat of her heart lest her hive react too loudly to her anticipation. The Kikiachu buzzing just beneath her skin in a rapid pulse to match her jackrabbing heart. During her time in Konoha she had often found herself the teacher. Sure it was teaching kids to climb trees, or walk on water, or other useful tips and tricks a shinobi needs to know. But teaching all the same. Today however the table were turned and she would get to learn

And while she hated to admit it she'd always been a bit of a teachers pet. Eager to know more. Be more. To feed her unending curiosity. Even if she sometimes used her knowledge for less then morally upright ends. That thirst for knowledge hadn't faded with time. If anything it had simply been honed down to a fine razor's edge. As forcing herself to settle down on one of the nearby logs Azarea awaited her 'sensei' for the day. Waiting patiently for the sly clever Senju Kazuyuki from their prior mission to appear through the woods like some sort of lost forest spirit. 'That man's so pretty it's practically unfair,' Azarea thinks lips quirked into a fond smile.

NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None

HANDSEALS: 3

DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 217 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 4, 2022 10:27:36 GMT -5
Keen has written 1,221 posts
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 10, 2022 22:32:26 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 13th rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1 Member/Barrier Corps Interception Division
Kazuyuki hadn’t expected to find a student in his most used technique, least of all someone not from the village. But sometimes, life worked in mysterious ways, guiding allies to teach each other and share what knowledge they had. And now, here he was, approaching the forest clearing they’d agreed to meet in in order to pass on the technique. It was rare enough that very few in the elemental nations knew the technique, and strong enough to guide his "student” through the trials she’d no doubt be facing soon.

However, that didn’t make the technique easy to learn. She’d have to put in her own fair share of work to achieve any kind of mastery over it, let alone enough to be able to use it in those upcoming exams.

Stepping into the clearing with his head held high and a fan in hand, the young man stride far enough in that Azarea would be able to see him. "I hope you realize this isn’t the easiest technique to learn, and you’re probably going to have to spend a good chunk of chakra to get it right even once. It took me weeks to get down enough to use in combat. You’re sure this is the best way to get yourself through those exams? Because it’s a risk, learning it so close to when you’ll be competing. If you don’t learn it right, it can be a glaring weakness rather than a strength,” the young Senju commented, tapping his closed fan against the palm of his other hand.
Kitarial has written 31 posts
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 10, 2022 22:45:57 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Risk

The pale haired Kunoichi rose to her feet and offered her Sensei a bow. Straightening a moment later her smile going a touch soft at the Senju's concern for her. "I've never been one to shy away from hard work Kazuyuki-Sensei." Azarea chirped flashing him a grin, "And sadly I was born doton natured and while doton lends itself well to defense... it is rather lacking in offense that does not depend on other skills such as taijutsu or bukijutsu." She explains with a dip of her head. "Your technique is masterful and shores up both the offense and defense needed in a fight against opponents who specialize in gaining the upperhand up close." Azarea compliments though her expression does grow dour and stoic as she considers the risks.

"I understand it will not be easy and that my grasp of the technique may not be perfect by the time I need it, but there is nothing left to do but try. If I fail then I would have likely lost my life regardless against such opponents." She explains her cheeks coloring a bit in embarrassment well aware that she was not the flashiest of combatants and that she could have her work cut out for her.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 207 |
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 12, 2022 19:39:50 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 13th rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1 Member/Barrier Corps Interception Division
”Don’t call me that, it’s weird, you’re older than me,” Kazuyuki commented with a shudder directed at the woman in front of him. She’d proven she wasn’t dumb during their initial encounter, but Kazuyuki still knew little of her. If she could prove her money was where her mouth was, she might just turn out to be the student he’d wanted when he’d decided to pass the technique on. ”Now, before I teach you the technique itself, I will go more into detail about what it does. It’s not just a surface level technique, you’re completely and fully transforming yourself into the material you touch. It can’t be used on liquids, I don’t recommend trying. But things like stone, earth, and wood all lend themselves well to the technique.”

”The drain on your chakra isn’t too bad, but your pool is likely smaller than mine, so you may not be able to use it as long. You can transform your whole body as well, or a piece. The most important part, however, is this: as long as you’re not turned into space dust in the wind, even if your whole body shatters while using the technique you can reform yourself and heal any damage you took while you hold it. It doesn’t heal any wounds you obtain before you use it though.”

Looking at Azarea, the chuunin waited patiently to see how she’d respond to his info dump in regards to the technique’s uses. She’d need to fully understand the uses and dangers the technique posed to her before she would be so much as allowed to attempt transforming a fingernail. If she couldn’t grasp the concepts he’d thrown at her, she’d have to learn them until she did.
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 12, 2022 21:02:56 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Questions

"What's wrong Sensei~" She draws out the title her voice warm and teasing before she gives him a small mischievous smile, "All right, just Kazuyuki-san then." Azarea adds after a moment as she settles down onto the grass listening to the Senju lecture about the technique with rapt attention. Her expression thoughtful as well as the understanding of exactly how badly the technique if flubbed could go. The woman letting out a low considering hum.

"How does it work exactly?" She questions raising her hand, she doesn't have to raise her hand with just the two of them, but it's funny. "Are you saturating your cells with elemental chakra or are you using your chakra to mimic the structure of the material and then saturating your cells with it to transform them into the same?" She questions recalling some of her basics on jutsu theory. It was different of course then just laying elemental chakra over ones skin to form armor or techniques, but the concept wasn't too far afield.

"More importantly how do you turn back? Does your core chakra have an innate makeup that when you release the jutsu you'll assume your previous shape like true transformation?" She inquires with a tilt of her head her brow furrowing as she considers the possibilities. Trying a jutsu was all well and good, but she was not an eager and blind academy student wanting to get into practicing jutsu before knowing how to counter them should things go wrong.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 250|
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 21, 2022 1:43:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
”I didn’t invent the jutsu, so a few of the most complicated details are fuzzy to me. I’m answer to your first question, it’s the second one. Keep in mind, you can’t use the jutsu on liquids. It’s easiest with things like earth, rock, and metal, as well as some kinds of organic matter. Never try it on water or you’ll probably die in a new and creative way. As for transforming back… I’ve never experienced a true transformation, so I can’t quite say. It is a conscious release, unless you happen to run out of chakra, in which case you’ll revert to your original form immediately. To release the jutsu is as simple as cutting the chakra flow keeping your form as whatever you’re transformed into.”

As he spoke, Kazuyuki decided a little demonstration was in order. Placing his hand on a nearby rock, he began to undergo the process of transforming his full body into the same grey stone, even his hairpin seemingly becoming the same dull grey as the rest of him. He would walk close enough to Azarea to allow her to study his form, what the transformation looked like in full, before he was ready to release the jutsu, slowly melting back to his true body.

”That is what the transformation looks like. You will likely not be able to achieve to full thing at first, and that fine. I’m going to start you small. I’ll explain how to do it once, and then give another demonstration. After that, I’d like you to try turning just a single finger into the same kind of rock I became.”

NAME: Shinra Banshō Dōka no Jutsu [All-Covering Forests and Ten Thousand Things Assimilate Technique]
OWNERS: Oonakayama Arashi | Senju Kazuyuki
TRAINED: Komatsuzaki Kiko | --
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
With this technique, the user can take on the properties of a nearby object, material, or substance they touch, and any of its special characteristics. For example, the user can turn his or her skin into rock, either entirely or partly. Not only receive a boost to their physical strength, but be capable of reassembling themselves if damaged. The user can essentially reform themselves if destroyed while using this technique, though they cannot reform injuries that occur when it's inactive. The technique can only be used on solid substances, such as minerals, metals, refined stones, soil, organic matter, but cannot be used in conjunction with water or energy based elements.
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 21, 2022 3:44:19 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Observation

Azarea observed Kazuyuki closely her eyes narrowed as she took in every detail of what the Senju was demonstrating. Noting any handseals or lack thereof as she watched the man approach the rock and place his hand onto it. His constitution changing to match that of the stone and as he approached she reached out curious and cautious to feel the material. Sinking just the tiniest spark of chakra into the rock that now formed him and feeling the chakra he was using to sustain it hum under her fingertips. "I think I understand the basic premise." She muses relaxing a touch at his explanation of how to dissolve the technique. Some needed more then just concentration and those could go wrong when one needed to swap back. This however was more manageable.

"Thank you for being a thorough instructor. Please continue. This is honestly really neat." Azarea adds encouraging Kazuyuki with a little incline of her head and a smile, the woman's scarlet eyes bright and attentive. A finger seemed a bit much, but she'd at least try a nail and work her way up when the man felt her ready to attempt the technique herself as she sat back to further observe.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 204 |
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 25, 2022 13:26:34 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
”One important thing to note is that you must be touching whatever it is you want to transform into. Ideally you’ll also want a good understanding of how the material feels, or you might end up making yourself a little to… crumbly. There aren’t really any set hand signs for this jutsu, since the process is pretty much entirely chakra and willpower more than control. Eventually, you’ll be able to do this instinctively. For now, just concentrate your hardest on how the stone feels beneath your hand. I’ll demonstrate once more, and then when you’re ready, you may attempt it on a small scale.”

That said, the chuunin once more placed his hand on the rock and called forth his chakra. The transformation was slow this time, deliberate, so that his temporary student could watch the way his whole body, including his clothes, slowly became the rough grey of the rock beneath his palm. He held it for a little longer this time, long enough to let her study before she dared to attempt it herself. It was still weird teaching someone older than him, and he didn’t know if he was doing a good job. What if she fucked up and got hurt, would he be blamed?

Releasing it, he strode over to the woman, snapping his fan open to cover his face as he approached. ”You may try when you are ready. Remember, nothing more than a finger, but a nail might be a better start if you think you might mess up. Losing a nail is a lot less debilitating for a shinobi than a finger is, after all.” he said, green eyes fixed on his student with a kind of intensity most wouldn’t expect from a prankster like him.

NAME: Shinra Banshō Dōka no Jutsu [All-Covering Forests and Ten Thousand Things Assimilate Technique]
OWNERS: Oonakayama Arashi | Senju Kazuyuki
TRAINED: Komatsuzaki Kiko | --
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
With this technique, the user can take on the properties of a nearby object, material, or substance they touch, and any of its special characteristics. For example, the user can turn his or her skin into rock, either entirely or partly. Not only receive a boost to their physical strength, but be capable of reassembling themselves if damaged. The user can essentially reform themselves if destroyed while using this technique, though they cannot reform injuries that occur when it's inactive. The technique can only be used on solid substances, such as minerals, metals, refined stones, soil, organic matter, but cannot be used in conjunction with water or energy based elements.

last edit by Senju Kazuyuki on Oct 25, 2022 13:27:16 GMT -5
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 25, 2022 13:45:07 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Once more Azarea narrowed her gaze and observed Kazuyuki with intense scrutinizing detail. Her eyes tracking the path of the stone like transformation as she took in every ounce of information her senses could provide her. Once again she carefully reaches out feeling the fabric of his robes, the texture of his wrist. Only then does she nod and with his permission rises from her seat to settle down cross legged and meditative beside the stone. The woman closing her eyes as she rests her palm of the rough rocky surface and centers her chakra.

"I'm going to attempt my pinky nail first." Azarea explains trusting her chakra control enough to keep the jutsu's effect to a controlled area more then she trusted her skill with the ninjutsu just yet. The woman breathing in and cycling her energy as she tries to reach the equalibrium she had felt from Kazuyuki as she concentrates on the feel of the rock beneath her palm. The rough hard surface and the way it hummed in reaction to her natural doton nature. As Azarea synced her chakra to the energy of the earth and took that same sensation transferring it slowly and with care to the nail of her pinky on the hand that rested upon the stone. Her control struggling to mimic the material, but... her nail did grow a bit grey and hard. Not quite the texture of the stone in it's firmness, but better then it had been as she attempts to cut the flow of her chakra. The nail slowly shifting back albeit a little darker then before as Azarea frowns at it.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 273 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 30, 2022 19:38:15 GMT -5
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 29, 2022 20:51:40 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Kazuyuki watched carefully as the woman attempted her first try at using the jutsu, noting when she managed to partially succeed. She wasn’t going to be quite as his level for a long time, but the immediate partial success was relatively impressive. She’d changed the color and hardness of her nail, though it wasn’t quite as solid as a real stone. That was good. He was hoping to increase her mastery enough to get transformations of her arms or legs completely down. Full body would be too much to expect, but partial could save her life during the exams, quite possibly.

”Hmmm… are you just concentrating on how the rock feels on the surface? Make sure you’re focusing on the density, too. If you aren’t making yourself dense enough, even if you manage stone you’ll crumble easily. You can of course reform if you manage a full transformation, but deflecting or shattering weapons is better than having to reform yourself, you know.”

Frowning, the Senju watched his student study her nail. Managing to have any success at all wasn’t bad, but their aim was a lot more than this minimal success. Otherwise, it would essentially be a fancy party trick. They wanted her to be combat viable with this, and they wanted that to happen fast. Their time was limited, after all. They’d have to train hard these next few weeks, that much he knew. Mastery of the technique hardly came easy, it wasn’t particularly exhausting but it was very difficult to learn for a reason.

The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 29, 2022 21:00:36 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Salon Solid

"Ah density. That would do it." Azarea quipped clucking her tongue in realization as she figures out what she was missing. The woman turning to eye the rock as she reached out to dig her nails into it. Feeling the strength of the stone and even going so far as to take out a kunai and chip at it a bit. Getting a relative sense of how much impact it could handle. Hardness was useless without density after all and likely explained why her nail was off colored afterwards. She'd only managed to get the surface layers to change not actually changed the nail itself.

"Ok gonna give it another try." She warns him this time reaching out to rest her hand on the stone once more as she concentrates on threading a trail of chakra to her nail this time suffusing the entire nail as she pictures not just the hardness of the rock, but the dense particles that make up and form it as.. the white of her nail crumbles, not quite solid as she pours more chakra in and focuses, but the pink of her actual nail appears a solid dull gray as eyeing it she taps it lightly against the rock. It does not crack.

"Kazuyuki could you check it? See if I've gotten this right?" She inquires holding her hand out with a bit of flare and a playful grin like showing ones nails off at a salon.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 243 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 30, 2022 19:38:29 GMT -5
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 29, 2022 21:51:44 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
When asked to inspect her nail more closely, Kazuyuki took several steps forward until he was right next to her, watching carefully. If she allowed him, he would take her hand in his to better examine the nail, up close and personal. First, he’d touch it, noting the texture seemed to match rather than just simple brittle hardness. The white was crumbly, the majority of her nail seemed to be fine. Next, he’d apply light pressure, and scratch at it with his own. It didn’t crumble, stronger than before, but it didn’t seem perfect just yet. Still a commendable improvement.

”Better than before. But far from perfect. We’re going to practice this until you’d need a warhammer the size of your head to smash the stone. After all, you’re potentially going up against some real powerhouse opponents. Release it, and then do it again. When I think you’re ready we can potentially move on to a finger. Our aim is to have you able to do partial scale transformations on an instinctive level. If you have to consciously do it, you might end up dying before you’ve fully completed your thought process.”

Releasing her hand and stepping back, the young man returned to his previous observatory state from a few paces away. He was close enough to help or inspect her progress as needed, but far enough back that if she ended up miscalculating he wouldn’t be in her way. Yes, this could work. Maybe.
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 29, 2022 22:03:45 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Man-E-cure

"I'll give it another go. If you're fine with it I'm going to try multiple nails this time. I think I may be overly focusing my charka instead of just... letting it flow as it should." She murmurs taking her hand back once Kazuyuki was done inspecting it appreciating the man's thoroughness on this. She didn't know all her opponents in the exams, but there was rumor of it being an unusually large turnout. Which meant multiple wild cards in play and she... well she was a girl with bugs. Good bugs. She loved her bugs, but when your opponents could turn into lighting or kill with a touch things got complicated. Clans were crazy like that.

"Thank you for this by the way." She murmurs, she'd said it once, but she knows she'll say it many more times in the future. As releasing the technique she places her hand on the rock once more and focuses her chakra to the nails on her right hand. Spreading it out evenly this time as she dug the nails into the stone. She needd to be dense, hard, and shatter resistant like the stone under her hands. The first second attempt had cost her part of her pinky nail, but now that she was less focused on one nail and more on spreading her chakra evenly the little hitch she'd felt in her energy seems to even. As cracking an eye open she taps her now stony nails against the rock with a slight grin at the sound they make. Tap, tap, tap, tap. That was one way to do a manicure she supposes.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 272 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 30, 2022 19:38:43 GMT -5
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 30, 2022 21:29:15 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
”Quit thanking me, it’s weird.” Kazuyuki decided, rolling his eyes slightly. He wasn’t some kind of saint, he was just giving her a tool to keep herself alive. They were shinobi, it’s not like favors were ever selfless things for them. He was useful to her, and she could be useful to him. That’s all that mattered in their interactions, really. Gratitude was unnecessary among allies.

Sighing, he watched as she tapped her now-stony nails on the rock, satisfied she’d at least learned the basics of the technique. There was more to be done yet, though. Mastery was a long way off, after all. ”Again. We’ll practice until you’re scraping the bottom of your chakra reserves. We don’t have much time left to get you to a level of proficiency, and I’m sure you want to live long enough to pass through these exams. Besides, I’m pretty sure my honourable cousin would kill me if I let an allied genin die from not being trained properly in an exam.”

He was a genin not that long ago, but she didn’t need to know that. Sure he had more experience on her, but he was still young too, younger than her in fact. He’d never get used to being a sensei to someone older than him, regardless of how he outranked her. He just happened to be born into a clan made for those kinds of combat situations. She didn’t have the same privileges as him.
The Forest For The Trees [Training]Oct 30, 2022 21:36:26 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Immovable Object

"All right~ All right~ I'll stop teasing you with my thanks," Azarea quipped with a laugh as she reverted her nails back to normal. Then concentrating repeated the process proving to herself it wasn't just a one off success. Her chakra humming as it attuned itself to the doton nature needed to suit the density of the rock and stone before she let it lapse once more.

"I'm going to try a pinkie next." She affirmed once Kazuyuki was certain it was on for her to proceed. The woman resting her hand on the stone once more as she clsed her eyes and concentrated. This time letting the same chakra suffuse not just her nail, but her skin, and muscle, and bone of her finger hardening it as strong as rock. Opening her eyes she glanced down at her hand, her pinky certainly looked, felt, and was hard as rock, but... she couldn't bend or move it.

"Huh... how do you make it so you're still able to move Kazuyuki?" She inquires dropping the technique with a frown her brow furrowing as she attempts to figure out how she was meant to remain mobile. Becoming a solid immovable statue could be useful, but only in few situations.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 207|
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 30, 2022 22:14:54 GMT -5