Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Political Creatures

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Roran
There was something different about being within reach of home, only to find yourself in the midst of what could possibly be yet another short-step toward reckless behavior. Of course, considering the degree to which this situation reached, it was best to allow for it to play out like this and deal with the repercussions later. Which, she imagined there would be. it wasn't often that someone went so far as to target the leader of a nation, even if it were in name alone. As far as most were concerned, Kaze no Kuni was run by the Kazekage and no one else. But the political vibration that would be felt if he were to come to harm couldn't very well be ignored.

Not to mention, if this were a plot by the Kage to kill the man, he would need someone just as experienced in how they would operate....not that Arashi believed that in the least.

In fact, since the switch, she had not seen so much as a trace of sabotage, intention or even so much a hint of ill intent. For the most part, life within the capital was no more eventful than she imagined it was as being part of the village council. Though for her role, she was the daughter of the nation's figurehead, and supposedly a diplomat. A somewhat difficult role to play as Arashi did her best to distance herself from politics as much as possible. Still, the past few weeks had given her many experiences in practice.

Since most of them existed behind walls and often what could be considered gatherings of a celebratory nature. She had not seen this much indulgence in drink and conversation since the usual harvest seasons or festivals. The gathering was so large she half expected them to be watching someone attempting to fly to the moon.

Still, it wasn't that tormenting of a task. Just bearing little fruit and proving all the more that Kotohime was nuts and these attacks were just random incidents.

"Lady Kotohime...your stance upon the possibility of war with the neutral nations has been controversial at best. If they were indeed to cross into our territory, would it not lead to an all-out assault by Sunagakure's forces? After all, they have the boundaries clearly guarded..."

Maybe one downside or two...considering Kotohime seemed to be a bit on the less informed side with her opinions...

Turning to face the small gathering of people, Kotohime would smile as she then held one hand close to her face and laughed lightly.

"While it may appear that our defense is greater than Kami, we can never leave anything to chance...understand that while we hold military strength in high regard, we can not question the likelihood of attack from areas that appear the most gracious. It is one of the positions I intend to stand upon in helping to gain more guards along those areas..."

As the people seemed to nod in agreement, Arashi would continue to laugh, though silently muttering under her breath as she sipped from her cup.

Especially since it ain't your necks on the line...

"Lady Kotohime?"

With a few blanks stares in her direction, the young woman would laugh as she then began to move around them.

"My apologizes...I seem to have something caught in my throat...excuse me..ah..ack jerkoffs ack ack..achoo..please excuse me
-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Oct 4, 2022 23:24:59 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Political Creatures[i]Oct 6, 2022 0:30:13 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Political Creatures

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Investigation of Guest

Managing to escape from the small gathering, Arashi would proceed to move through the large gathering hall. The vibrate colors and smells filled the air, smoke rising into the night sky as the event was happening at the very capital of Kaze no Kuni's power and influence. If she ever imagined herself in such a position again, she'd do her best to try and get a better look at the view from so high up. Though in truth, those that were often at the top didn't bother to look down.

Even within such a lavish settlement, there were still enough areas within the area that held as much poverty as any other place she'd come across in the country. Not that it was that much of a surprise, but Roran covered it well. Mostly with words...

But she wasn't here to change the way things worked...not today at least...

Though security was nothing to take lightly, she had been on edge since hearing of this event. While she had spoken to the Daimyo on her concerns, it seemed that he took his own daughter's concerns as lightly as her own did. Of course, there was reason to do so. After all, who'd attack when all were in view. Moving between people, Kotohime would continue to smile and bow her head, laughing at each exchange as she attempted to converse, but also keep a watchful eye on the host.

Spending this time with the Damiyo, she began to understand what her father always meant when he called him a simple-minded man. It wasn't a bad thing, it was clear that he cared. But it was clear why he preferred to have leadership turned over to the Kazekage, rather than keep it himself. He seemed to like his life, even if it had little to no influence, his name was enough to give attention to all around him, and his words were heeded. Not many could say that.

But that aloofness to his own safety was more than a bit annoying, and his inner circle had enough vipers to create a nest. One of which seemed to have the goal of being his next wife.

With her patrol bringing up nothing more than the on and off conversations, she'd feel someone pull upon her arm, drawing her backwards as she nearly feel backward as she was dragged upon an open floor of dancing guests.

"I apologize Kotohime...but you appeared so focused on attending to your father's guests that I thought you'd forgotten me.."

As the confident tone spoke toward her, the young female would look over to see a young man taking hold of her hand, holding it upright between them.

"Oh...I hadn't realized you were waiting Azuki-san..Heh heh..."

With a nervous grin on her face, she'd get in time with the movements of the joint dance, moving forward one step as Azuki moved in the opposite direction, yet each in time with one another.

With their hands joined together, he'd look directly into her eyes as they continued their union of movement, though it appeared as if he had noted her distracted gaze.

"Are you still worried about what happened? I assure you Kotohime...no one would dare attack your father or you here..."

Shifting her gaze back to the young man in front of her, Kotohime would then sigh as she nodded her head.

"You're right...maybe I am worrying too much..."

Azuki would nod as he smiled at her, drawing her close for a moment of touch, his fingers grazing across her skin as they ran up her shoulder.

"You are...but I can understand...a daughter tends to act in strange ways for their father...or perhaps it is due to the way Lady Urashu looks at him..."

"Ya mean like a piece of meat?"

"Pardon?"

"I mean like a prize? Or a toy?"

Azuki would laugh as he shook his head at the comment, drawing her away as he pulled her back into his chest, his hand wrapped around her waist as he continued to speak.

"I imagine that is true...though you must admit...he does not seem to discourage it..."

With her body leaned against his, Arashi would shift her eyes down as this was the most uncomfortable experience of her life. Of course, if she was to keep playing this role, she had to appear as Kotohime would. Clearly, her and Azuki's relationship was on such a level. So she need not be worried too much. But, the way his hands seemed to travel, perhaps Kotohime needed to make some clear boundaries.

Azuki was ten years older, not to mention that a part of the Damiyo's council.

It also made him a possible suspect...

She hoped for Kotohime's sake he wasn't the root cause...but then...he was close enough to both Kotohime and the Damiyo to be friendly on both fronts.

Then Lady Urashu was another candidate for it as well...

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 22, 2023 21:20:27 GMT -5
Political Creatures[i]Oct 7, 2022 0:01:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Political Creatures

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Investigation of Guest

"You always show such concern for him...he is the Damiyo...a respected figure...you should worry less over him...it should be the other way around..."

Hearing his suggestion, the two would continue to rock back and forth, his voice close to her ear as Arashi would lean slightly away, though for Azuki, it was almost as if a field was preventing him from getting closer than he was to her neck. Still, he seemed satisfied enough just to have her in his arms on the dance floor. Though his words seemed to give a point across about Kotohime's relationship with her own father, it did not answer much more on just what Lady Urashu's intentions were.

Tendu Urashu...the name was familiar, but she could honestly say she had not had the pleasure of meeting her personally. A recognized figure within the halls of Kaze no Kuni politics, she was one of the many representatives that entered Roran and ran in much of it's circles. She was a woman clearly within her early portion of life, but seemed to have a passion for lingering around the Damiyo more often than not. Or so Arashi's observations had indicated, it was difficult to tell if this was a new thing or something that had been going on for some time.

If the attacks had only just occurred recently, then it could be possible that she wasn't involved. But then, it took planning to try an assassination...

"Mmm...you are correct...but I am his only daughter...it is my duty to make sure he is safe..."

"And you have...for many years since your mother's passing...but...perhaps it is time that you focus on your own happiness...our possible happiness..."

Turning her around, Arashi would look up toward Azuki, his dark brown eyes staring at hers as he then smiled.

"Would that be such a hard thing?"

Henkai Azuki....a diplomat in a similar nature as Kotohime, but with a lot more influence in court. He had managed to gain attention for his focus on the greater nature of supporting recovery of areas destroyed by the Iwagakure invasion and helped in supplying materials in the rebuilding project for Sunagakure. This act had been enough to make him one of the youngest members of the Damiyo's council, for what little value it had. Much of his efforts were toward strengthening the country as a whole and it showed in his work.

Personally, though, it appeared that he liked to pay late-night visits and meet with Kotohime for conversation of a certain nature. Lately, those talks had been much more verbal since Arashi had taken over for the woman, which had only seemed to encourage his advances. Though he seemed to speak highly of the Damiyo, his actions of seeming to wish for reconstruction and a stronger influence of the Damiyo's station made it so it appeared that he had issues with the Kazekage being named Regent.

Enough to warrant killing the Damiyo? Placing the blame on the nation's Kage?

The timeline still didn't seem to match up...but she had limited information....

"Heh heh...no...perhaps not...still..."

Looking downward, Arashi would then allow her eyes to open as she smiled.

"Would that happiness include you?"

"Only if you wished it to..."

He was a charmer...no getting around that...but the clear uncomfortable feeling of being this close to a stranger was a bit unsettling, and she found herself feeling uneased by faint reminders of such similar tactics in the past.

If you are worried so much about sleeping with him....recall that there will be nothing lost from the...

Fuck off...

The sharp tone of her rebuke was enough to make the beast within laugh, though it was hardly a funny statement as she then recoiled back, still holding Azuki's hand as she looked over her shoulder to see Lady Urashu whispering something into the Damiyo's ear. Giggling all the while doing so.

"Forgive me...I will be just a moment..."

Drawing back, Arashi would release him as she then began to return her attention toward the Damiyo and his likely lover.

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Political Creatures[i]Oct 12, 2022 22:44:03 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Political Creatures

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Reaching the older man wasn't a hard task...

As his company seemed more focused on gossip and political stances, he appeared to have his interest in the young face of the woman at his side, her giggles echoing as she drew closer.

"Dad..I mean...Father...and..Lady Urashu...I see you two are enjoying each other's company..."

Seeming to cover herself quickly, the Damiyo would laugh, rubbing his beared face with a grin before then standing as he embraced his daughter within his arms. Honestly, Arashi had never been one for being manhandled and considering that being this close allowed her to smell more than just his cologne did little to help as she held her arms at her side, holding a sheepish grin before allowing her gaze to drift before looking at the woman with a calm expression.

"Oh Kotohime...we are just enjoying the night together...we were actually just speaking of you and Azuki...Lady Urashu noted that the two of you had become quite close...but I never would have thought it true until seeing it with my own eyes..."

"Heheh...you can not blame them...they are young and in love...such a beautiful thing..."

Raising her brow, Arashi had to hold her tongue as she simply let the woman have her moment.

"Please..you embarrass me....I did just wish to see if you needed anything father..."

"No dear one...I am quite well...continue to enjoy yourself on this evening...oh! But there is something that I did wish to discuss...and with you here...I can address the others.."

Seeming to clear his throat, he'd take Arashi's hand, guiding her to his side as he began to draw the attention of everyone within the room.

"Friends...I thank you once more for gathering to celebrate with me tonight. We all know that without such individuals...peace and happiness..would be impossible. While many of us are not of former paths that lead from the battlefield to battlefield...it is our many gifts...and great compassion..that allows for such means to be possible...and for those to make such decisions...to know deference..."

Applause would follow, and Arashi would clap along as she continued to scan her surroundings. She certainly did smell something...and it couldn't have been a mistake to assume that it was close by. Still, as she stood beside the Damiyo, the older male would then continue his speech.

"But...this night is not only for us...but it is to announce a change....you were all there and supported me and my daughter through the loss of my dear wife. A woman...to which I could not have succeeded without her guidance and loving heart. A light...that I can never replace...and never would indeed try to do so..."

In hearing this, Arashi had read and watch enough to know what was coming, and her eyes grew wider before turning to look at the man as he continued.

"Yet...I know that she would not wish for me to continue this life alone...and without notice...I found that special someone again....and I wish to share this news with yo all tonight...Lady Urashu..."

It was a struggle, but the large man would manage to get upon bended knee, prompting the blonde haired woman to cover her mouth, and Arashi to simply stare on in horror.

Oh ya shittin me...

"Lady Urashu...you have given this old man a reason to continue living...with renewed love in my heart...and the wisdom...to know that I miss it so..."

She's 21...ya damn near 50

"Would you please...give me the honor...of being my wife?"

As Lady Urashu seemed to squeal in a high pitched voice that would give wild beasts reason to run, the woman would nearly knock Arashi out of her way as she leaped into the man, kissing him deeply as everyone seemed to cheer in celebration. It seemed odd, but then...it wasn't as if Arashi knew the extent of their relationship. Maybe they did really love each other. Maybe it was just one of those things where love could in fact survive on after death.

Still, as she stood there in shock, the Damiyo would pull Kotohime into his arms, along with that of his new bride-to-be. With the trio close together, Arashi would simply look to the side as she then released a slow breath.

This just got more complicated...

-S.A Used-
Will of Sand

Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS