new management | toru

compose a reply
new management | toruOct 8, 2022 20:26:23 GMT -5
Kouga Kanoh
"For each blade of grass you try to crush beneath your foot, 1,000 more will rise to defend it."
Kouga Kanoh Avatar
groupnull
age 31 years old birthday dec 18th, -24SD rank sp. jounin occupation kusa lord
In contrast to the fine packaging, the contents of the letter arriving from the Land of Fields are presented in a rather haphazard scrawl. There's thought put into each pen stroke but the writer clearly lacked any demure elegance when putting their utensil to paper. But that was ever Kouga's style; favoring the efficiency of print over the high art of cursive. She didn't lack the ability, but she didn't consider Toru the type to bother with such trivialities.

The letter would arrive in a loose scroll, tied tightly enough to keep its contents private during their journey but not so that it couldn't be easily inspected upon arrival. While the handwriting was efficient and militant, the scroll was seemingly prepared with the utmost consideration. The lands of Nohara no Kuni wanted it to be abundantly clear that they held no secrets or tricks behind their correspondence.

[googlefont=Nothing You Could Do]
The Office of the Lord Mizukage,

I pray this message finds you well. It is no great secret that the Land of Water has become a spot of awe within the shinobi realm and the Land of Fields is not oblivious to this.

This news may have yet to reach you, but Hisakawa Yamato has stepped down. It is my understanding that the work he had begun is at least somewhat congruent to the will of our Daimyo.

Of course, I won't simply oil old gears without knowing their function.

And so I invite you to discuss these changes; and our future, together. I hold no great value in the formality of a "stoic meeting on neutral lands". There's no need; our people are not enemies. Either country will serve fine.

Of course, I expect only the finest refreshments if you'll allow me to experience the nights of Kagura no Mura firsthand.

Sincerely,
Kouga Kanoh
Office of the Kusagakure Lord
last edit by Kouga Kanoh on Oct 8, 2022 20:27:53 GMT -5
j. has written 44 posts
new management | toruOct 11, 2022 3:12:37 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
Kaguya Toru
Kouga Kanoh

An envelope arrives upon Kouga Kanoh's desk. It is carefully sealed with the stamp of the Mizukage, engraved with parchment that displays Mizu no Kuni's symbols upon it proudly, headed even more proudly with Kirigakure's village symbol. The letter had been tested for traps but remains intact. The letter inside is written carefully, the penmanship is admirable but by some marker's average to a well practiced adult. An address of a tavern is enclosed.

"To the Lord or Lady of Kusagakure no Sato,

We are not enemies, though neither are we allies. Your predecessor has thus far failed in what we had agreed upon. Nonetheless, it is perhaps due to the stresses that have caused him to step down, if there were in fact stressors. I will meet with you to reaffirm what has been agreed upon or discuss new plans.

Though I am hesitant to invite you into my country as you should be hesitant to invite me into yours, I will receive you in Kagura no Mura with the understanding that you will only bring two in your entourage for defense, and I will in return only bring two as well. A Suiryu Ryodan ship will meet you on the docks of Tea Country to bring you here.

Signed,
Hachidaime Mizukage"

Han has written 2,374 posts