Parting gift [Miroru]

compose a reply
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 10:09:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"parting gift".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

ON THE WAY BACK

The two Leaf shinobi were on their way back to the Hidden Leaf Village after successfully completing their mission with the members of the Hidden Cloud. During the way back, the usually cheerful and bubbly Shigure was rather quiet. His expression serious, hurt perhaps, or even concerned. He wouldn't say a word for a couple hours, only limiting himself to faking a smile, nodding, and humming at Miroru's words. His mind was elsewhere, divided between thinking about Azarea, and what he would have to do when he returned to the village. It was about time his father answered for his crimes, and if he wanted his life to move forward, he could no longer delay it. Yes, he had promised his mother, back when he was still a Chuunin, that he would wait until he had ranked up, but that had already happened. He had been training really hard with others, preparing and bracing himself, developing his own techniques, learning some new ones. Many people came into his life, and every one of them helped pave his way to this point. He owed it to them all, he needed to make things right, or at the very least, try his best, even if he failed... Even if it cost him his very life. What was his life in the great scope of things? If his sacrifice could free the members of the branch house, give them some sort of dignity long overdue, then it would all be worth it. His life was a fair price to pay for theirs. "The price of freedom is steep..." he muttered, mostly to himself, but Miroru could likely hear it due to their proximity.

Upon saying those words, he chuckled softly. It wasn't a happy chuckle, but a rather saddened one. His mouth agape for a moment, as if he was still unsure if he should say anything, but ultimately decided to break his silence. "That is my nindo, Miroru." no suffixes this time. He wasn't even looking at her, but far into the horizon, but to nowhere specific. His eyes, always so precise, seemed lost. "You've come a long way... So I decided this is a good time to give you what could be my last gift to you. I promised you I would teach you the Shadow Clone Technique... And well... Today may be my last opportunity to do that." he said, scoffing and shaking his head. "Don't think about what I said, let's focus on our training... That clearing over there is good enough." he would say, heading in that direction.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Clearing near the Hidden Leaf
[]
[435 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 11:03:04 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
Shigure finally speaking up was a relief. Miroru internalized things like silence as personal mistakes. It was hard not to feel like she was the catalyst for deviations from typical behavior! A fallacy, to be sure, but one she committed frequently. So Shigure speaking up on his own mitigated that significantly.

"Sure, but you know what’s REALLY steep?! Those foothills, am I right? Eh? Ehhhh?” She joked, referencing their departure from the more mountainous regions on the border. He still seemed serious, though, so she quieted down and gave him time to figure out what he wanted to say. And then he whipped out the honorific-less first name and she frowned, unsettled. She didn’t MIND but it was WORRISOME.

"Don’t think about what you just said?! It’s hard enough not to think of, like, "a cute fox” after someone tells you not to, but you keep dropping hints about like. A suicide mission or something!! What’s going on?! Are you on assignment to go take out the Tsuchikage to prove you deserve the title of Hokage?! You can’t just drop stuff like that on your favorite student and then- then- JUST MOVE ON!” She squawked as she followed to the clearing. "Come on, tell me what’s going on?!”

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 1 | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,188 posts
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 11:55:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"parting gift".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

I LOVE YOU

Miroru tried to crack a joke, but Shigure didn't laugh. Internally he half-wanted to, but his head was so filled with concerning matters that he couldn't get himself to. Finally, when he gave her that eerie and gloomy speech before asking her not to worry about it, she refused to. She started trying to guess what it was about, and Shigure sighed, shaking his head. "It's not that... I... I need to fight my father. And he may kill me. I can't share the details yet, I can't have this information leaking in any way... But it is something I need to do in order to free my clan from its slavery. The price of freedom is steep, Miroru, but someone has to pay for it. And if my life is what it takes so that they can be free, I will gladly pay the price." he said, and despite the sadness in his eyes, the burning determination of the will of fire was unshaken.

"And that's why I want to teach you that technique. Because it may be our last lesson together. So... I need you to promise me you will keep on going... That if I'm not here, my dreams you be yours... You will be my living legacy." he said, smiling at the girl. A rather bittersweet smile, but one that showed how much he cared about her. Shigure would place his hand on her face, cupping her cheek. "It has been a true honour and a pleasure... Being your sensei. I love you like I love my own sister." he said, his eyes watering as he couldn't really contain all the emotions he had inside of him.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Clearing near the Hidden Leaf
[]
[285 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Oct 13, 2022 12:03:12 GMT -5
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 12:13:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
"Your-” Miroru was, immediately, dumbfounded. "Your dad..?” She didn’t get it, clearly. "Why do you have to fight him..? Why would he KILL you..?” None of it made sense to her, and she was getting more and more distressed by the moment. "Your clan’s… enslaved..? By your dad..?” It was so confusing.

She did her best to push past it and present a solid face, but outrage and panic were welling under the surface, and she was not the only one aware of that- and that was making it all worse by the minute. "Um. Okay. I- if you’re gonna go be a hero, I understand, just… please be careful..?”

>You should stop him.<

<Be quiet. This is serious.>
>So am I. Defeat him. Then go strike his father down yourself. Problem solved.<

<No. No, shut up. That wouldn’t even work.>

The hand on her cheek pulled her out of her mire. She leaned into the hand, frowning softly. "You’re family to me too, Shigure-san. And if I have to be your legacy, I will. But I won’t, cuz you’ll be okay, so.”

She braced herself and nodded, trying to push down the internal pressure and outrage stewing while they spoke. "I’m ready to learn, sensei.”

MISSIONS
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 12:33:56 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

YOUR CHAKRA SYSTEM

He nodded when she asked about his father. "It is a complicated matter. But... In a short summary, the Hyuuga is split into main house and branch house. Most members are branch, and when they are a child, they are subjected to a cursed seal on their foreheads, which allows the main house to control, or even kill them on a whim. But I will end this practice." he explained. It was a very brief and superficial explanation, but he didn't want to overwhelm her with that. It was his problem to solve. When she urged him to be careful, he nodded, but he knew that no matter how careful he was, his father was strong.

To hear he was also family to her made him happy, and he felt flattered with the faith she had in him, but that didn't make him feel any more confident. But that didn't matter now. He wanted to give her the technique before they parted ways, and with her being ready, he nodded. "You already know the advanced clone. So for the shadow clone, I want you to focus on your chakra, feel how it flows inside your body. To create a shadow clone, you need to be able to replicate your chakra pathway system in an advanced clone. This will allow you to create a fully functional clone, capable of everything you can do, although they are not very resistant to damage. Now... Attune to your inner self, go deep inside of your head, and feel the chakra, understand it." he guided her. It was easier with special eyes, that was certainly, but that was why the Shadow Clone was a forbidden technique. It was complicated to learn. But he had faith she could pull this off.

Training
Instructing on feeling her chakra
[]
[300 words]
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 15:29:44 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 312 | notes
To say Miroru looked horrified would be a damnable understatement. It wasn’t hard to imagine she was thinking about what it would be like if her clan did the same. "But… that’s… evil.” She stated quietly. "Why has it taken so long for someone to-” She paused. "... because those most impacted by it can’t stand up for themselves. They’re prevented from doing so. Gods. That’s so awful. They had to just… wait. And hope. That someone from the main house would prove strong enough to depose the head of the main house- and willing to do so.”

<Or someone else.>

Miroru swallowed hard. It was wrong that Shigure had to risk his life to end a practice that should never have been in place. Wasn’t it? It had to be wrong.

Shigure gave her instructions on how to start the Shadow Clone technique, told her to close her eyes and direct her feelings inwards. So she did.

Leaving her alone with the Fox.

<I can give you the power you need. He cannot resist us both.>

>You’re just trying to trick me. To make me give up control.<
<You will not succeed on your own. What I offer is what you need.>

>We’ll just see about that.<

Miroru’s thoughts poured inwards, tracing her chakra system as best she could. She even attempted the clone technique a couple times, but both times, she failed to completely create the chakra network, their core tenketsus absent due to her trying to skirt around the extra pocket of chakra frothing inside her, leaving her growling in frustration. "What am I doing wrong?! They won’t hold together!”

MISSIONS
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 16:42:51 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

MISSING TENKETSUS

Yes, the Hyuuga ways could be seen as evil and he agreed to that, but again, it was not something she should worry about, he was going to take care of that, one way or the other. What they needed to do right now was train her technique, because if he were to fall, he would've left her with something to remember him by. After giving her instructions on the Shadow Clone Technique, and her first attempt at executing it resulted in failure. Shigure's Byakugan could easily identify what was the issue.

"You missed your core tenketsus, that was the issue. But that is an easy fix. Here..." he approached her, and with his index finger, he touched the spots in her stomach where she missed the tenketsus. "... there, and there! That should be all you missed from what I've seen. Try again, focus on getting all of your chakra network replicated, it is paramount for the sustenance of the shadow clone." he said with a firm nod. Then, Shigure stepped back, folded his arms in front of his chest and waited to see how her second attempt would go.

Of course, the technique was still hard to execute, requires a lot of chakra, and even though her chakra pool was rather large, he was half expecting her to run out of chakra before she could successfully execute the technique. But Shigure was oblivious to the fact that for Miroru, chakra was no longer a scarce resource.

Training
Giving pointers on tenketsus
[]
[249 words]
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 21:04:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 258 | notes
Miroru felt a bit fluttery at being touched on her belly, but she hid that away, too, for all that she had no way to hide the color in her cheeks. But she was frustrated, so that's understandable! "Oh. Um. Okay, sensei. I got this."

<You do not have this.>

>I do so. I have to stop him<
<You cannot. You are weak. You are soft. You will fail.>

>I can. And I will. So shut up.<

Eyes closed, frowning harder than she realized, Miroru tried again. Once more, a failure. The three spots weren't quite right. She huffed a sigh, squeezed her eyes shut tighter.

>You REQUIRE my assistance to succeed.<

<FINE. You want to help? Let me use your chakra. Avoiding you is what's messing me up.>
>DENYING me caused your failure. WITH me...<

The Ninetail's chakra flooded into her network as she tried again, and she succeeded. In an instant, the clearing filled with ELEVEN copies of Miroru, all looking grim and sad as their eyes opened and fixed on him- and drew the staves off their backs.

"Thank you, sensei. We're going give you a gift, too."

The dozen Mirorus brought the staffs up to point towards him from all the stops on a clock.

"We're going to stop you from getting yourself killed."

We? Her and the clones?

Or her and something else?

MISSIONS
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 23:00:19 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

LION'S RESOLVE

Miroru continued to try and fail to perform the technique, but that was to be expected. Shigure's Byakugan was analyzing her progress, her chakra moulding itself, and it all looked normal, until it was not anymore. His eyes widened when he saw a complete different chakra flooding her chakra pathway system. Focusing his eyes, he could see some sort of fuinjutsu manifesting itself on her stomach. "What the hell is that?! This chakra... I've never seen such a colour before... And power... It can't be... Right?!" he thought, a bead of sweat running down his temple. He knew Miroru, and he knew her chakra well, but this was something else entirely. And as further evidence of it, the girl who had been unable to create a single clone, created eleven perfect shadow clones, who - even more surprisingly - grabbed their poles and pointed at Shigure.

"What's going on, Miroru?" he asked her, when she said she had a gift for him. When they said they were going to stop him, Shigure tensed up immediately, quickly getting into the Gentle Fist fighting stance. Her chakra pathway system was overflowing with a huge amount of this powerful and intimidating chakra, so if he was going to have to deal with her, he would have to resort to that technique. It was a good thing he had been training to increase his proficiency with it. "Unfortunately this is something I must do. And nobody will be getting in my way... Juho Soushiken!" and as he said that, bright blue chakra erupted from his hands and wrists, enveloping it in a lion-headed shaped chakra shroud.

Whatever that chakra on Miroru was, his fists would take care of it.

Training
Uses Twin Lion Fist to get ready to fight
[]
[290 words]

Special Abilities used:

『 BYAKUGAN 』

Like all members of his clan, Shigure also has the famous Byakugan as one of his signature traits. Naturally, Shigure’s eyes have a near 360 degrees field of vision around himself, save for a small blind spot at the back of his neck above the thoracic vertebra. His eyes are capable of seeing through most objects, giving him great perception of his environment, and making quite the challenge to surprise or ambush the Hyuuga when his doujutsu is activated. Having been seriously trained to develop his sight, Shigure managed to increase the range of his Byakugan to a respectful 4 kilometres range, which makes him quite the competent tracker in missions. His eyes also allow him to see infrared, through chakra barriers, discern clones from their makers, determine colour of someone’s chakra, and determine if a genjutsu is being used or not.

He is also very capable in his ability to see chakra, including the chakra circulatory system inside a person’s body, thus allowing him to easily identify the precise location of the tenketsus, which is paramount in the use of the Gentle Fist to its maximum capacity, power, and finesse. On top of it all, Shigure’s training and experience as a people’s person allowed him to add this insight to the power of his Byakugan, thus making him quite competent at reading people’s emotions. Therefore, when using his Byakugan, Shigure can usually detect if someone is lying through the impulses of their brain, heartbeat, and general body language. Moreover, when focused on an opponent, Shigure can even anticipate their reactions based on their muscles and body functions prior to the execution of an action.

『 ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL 』

Due to the intensity of his training and his overall style as a practitioner of the Gentle Fist, as well as his Hyuuga genes, Shigure was able to develop a level of chakra control that puts him above that of his peers, equiparing himself to those a rank higher. His level of control is remarkable and allows him to optimise the usage of chakra, avoiding any unnecessary waste while using his techniques. This ability gives him an edge on the battlefield, as he is able to use more techniques, with more frequencing, while also avoiding the draining effects of running out of chakra due to waste.

『 GENTLE FIST SAVANT 』

Shigure is a natural savant at his clan’s legendary Taijutsu style despite being a sort of a late bloomer. He has developed an incredible proficiency with the techniques of his clan, that allows him to stand out above even his fellow kinsmen. With his current level of understanding and application of his techniques, the heir to the clan brings incredible precision and swiftness to his attacks, rarely ever missing his mark once an attack is launched.

Guided by his potent doujutsu, he became an expert at shutting down his opponents chakra network, as well as combining the techniques of the clan together to deliver even more powerful attacks. He can, while using the Gentle Fist and it's techniques, also land more blows per second than most of his peers, moving so swiftly that it’s even hard to keep up. This makes him an incredibly dangerous opponent to fight at close quarters, as he is capable of giving even higher ranking Shinobi a real challenge.

Technique used:

NAME: Jūho Sōshiken[ Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu,
DESCRIPTION:
The user changes the shape of chakra released from both hands into large guardian lion-shaped shrouds. Doing so greatly increases range and destructive power. The lion heads drain the chakra network of those they touch. It is an extremely difficult ability to learn, as the slightest mistake in chakra control will lead to failure, meaning it is a feat requiring the Byakugan. This technique can be used in conjunction with the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms.
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 23:21:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 304 | notes

"NO!" Miroru shouted, the clones to either side of her grabbing at her own equipment, one moving behind her to grab a scroll off her pack while the other cast aside its staff for hers, immediately igniting it with Raiton chakra. The one behind her moved to unravel the scroll and unseal it, intending to flood the clearing with water from the scroll. With that staff crackling with lightning, what she planned next wasn't particularly surprising.

Most of the other clones, however, leapt up and back, whirling their free hands forwards to scatter a mess of wire-tied shuriken around Shigure. Even now, she was trying to trap or disable him, not tear him to pieces. One clone, in fact, had kunai drawn, ready to trigger the wire trap in an instant if Shigure towards Miroru. Lethality, at least, wasn't her first resort.

"NOBODY should have to try to save their FAMILY from their FATHER! NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF FAMILY!" Miroru screamed, slamming her hands together and triggering her family's Chinrin, intending to leave Shigure forced to at least deal with the sensation of the earth crawling up his feet. Her hands kept moving, burning through seals at a rapid pace, nearly a dozen in short succession if not interrupted. "I know you won't give up- so I'll BEAT YOU and DO IT MYSELF!"
It was still Miroru, but that horrible chakra was building up in her system the more stressed and upset she got, the more desperate she got to stop him. She still felt like she had a chance, so she had it under wraps- for now.

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Oct 13, 2022 23:23:33 GMT -5
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 13, 2022 23:33:35 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

BITE OF THE LION

As the first clone went towards the scroll, Shigure would take a step their way, extending one of his palms. The Lion Fist extending beyond his normal reach. His speed while using the Gentle Fist techniques even faster than normal. The simple touch of the lion head enough to obliterate the chakra that sustained the clone, thus preventing it from reaching the scroll. He didn't need to face the clones to see all that was happening around him. "What are you doing?!" he asked, frowning his brows. "And this chakra... This can only be one thing, but that's not possible!" he said, in mild disbelief, but he knew that there was no other explanation.

The shurikens came towards him with the, but he could see it clearly, and with the other fist with a lion head, he it the string, destroying it, and avoiding getting ensnared by her shuriken trap. Miroru, however, seemed very adamant about stopping him one way or another, and with a clap, she tried to trap his mind in Genjutsu. But Shigure had been training hard to be able to quickly avoid Genjutsu, and bringing his hands together, he would use the Kai technique, together with a burst of chakra from his head's tenketsus, expelling the foreign chakra just as it entered his head.

Once he did that, the chakra would erupt in his hand again, recreating the two lion heads. He couldn't identify which one was the real one, those were shadow clones after all, but at this point, he was ready to take them all down, destoying that chakra and getting her back to normal. "Since when do you have this power? I would've noticed before! This seal there... You didn't have it before!" he asked before advancing towards her like a blur, using all of his speed available. And even for a chakra enhanced Miroru, Shigure was absurdly fast, for not only he had sheer speed, but his agility allowed him to reach maximum speed and change directions seamlessly.

He would attack the first three Miroru's in front of him, using the Twin Lion Fist to obliterate the chakra inside, and if they were clones, dispel them. To think she was able to make eleven of them was insane; Shigure could only handle three, and that was already pushing it.

Training
Attacks the clone before the water scroll, then used lion fist to destroy wires. Kais out of the genjutsu as he perceives it, and advances once again with twin lion fist, using all of his insane speed.
[]
[424 words]

SA used:

『 BYAKUGAN 』

Like all members of his clan, Shigure also has the famous Byakugan as one of his signature traits. Naturally, Shigure’s eyes have a near 360 degrees field of vision around himself, save for a small blind spot at the back of his neck above the thoracic vertebra. His eyes are capable of seeing through most objects, giving him great perception of his environment, and making quite the challenge to surprise or ambush the Hyuuga when his doujutsu is activated. Having been seriously trained to develop his sight, Shigure managed to increase the range of his Byakugan to a respectful 4 kilometres range, which makes him quite the competent tracker in missions. His eyes also allow him to see infrared, through chakra barriers, discern clones from their makers, determine colour of someone’s chakra, and determine if a genjutsu is being used or not.

He is also very capable in his ability to see chakra, including the chakra circulatory system inside a person’s body, thus allowing him to easily identify the precise location of the tenketsus, which is paramount in the use of the Gentle Fist to its maximum capacity, power, and finesse. On top of it all, Shigure’s training and experience as a people’s person allowed him to add this insight to the power of his Byakugan, thus making him quite competent at reading people’s emotions. Therefore, when using his Byakugan, Shigure can usually detect if someone is lying through the impulses of their brain, heartbeat, and general body language. Moreover, when focused on an opponent, Shigure can even anticipate their reactions based on their muscles and body functions prior to the execution of an action.

『 ENHANCED COMBAT SPEED 』

What Shigure lacks in physical strength, he definitely makes it up in the combat speed department. Having trained the Gentle Fist since his early childhood, the Hyuuga learned that raw power and superior strength were borderline useless for his style since, in the end, nobody can train their inner organs to become stronger. Therefore, the chakra reliant style of the Hyuuga fighting style was more than enough for him to achieve the desired results in battle. Thus, the truly efficient way to improve his fighting capabilities was directly associated with how fast he could act and react in a fight.

Shigure’s reflexes are absurdly sharp, and he can react almost instantly to attacks, which makes him quite skilled at counter attacking with his deadly Gentle Fist, making it difficult for opponents to actually land a blow on him. In short, he can react fast to combat situations.

『 ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL 』

Due to the intensity of his training and his overall style as a practitioner of the Gentle Fist, as well as his Hyuuga genes, Shigure was able to develop a level of chakra control that puts him above that of his peers, equiparing himself to those a rank higher. His level of control is remarkable and allows him to optimise the usage of chakra, avoiding any unnecessary waste while using his techniques. This ability gives him an edge on the battlefield, as he is able to use more techniques, with more frequencing, while also avoiding the draining effects of running out of chakra due to waste.

『 GENTLE FIST SAVANT 』

Shigure is a natural savant at his clan’s legendary Taijutsu style despite being a sort of a late bloomer. He has developed an incredible proficiency with the techniques of his clan, that allows him to stand out above even his fellow kinsmen. With his current level of understanding and application of his techniques, the heir to the clan brings incredible precision and swiftness to his attacks, rarely ever missing his mark once an attack is launched.

Guided by his potent doujutsu, he became an expert at shutting down his opponents chakra network, as well as combining the techniques of the clan together to deliver even more powerful attacks. He can, while using the Gentle Fist and it's techniques, also land more blows per second than most of his peers, moving so swiftly that it’s even hard to keep up. This makes him an incredibly dangerous opponent to fight at close quarters, as he is capable of giving even higher ranking Shinobi a real challenge.

『 MOVEMENT SPEED 』

Shigure's speed is no longer solely restricted to his reaction speed in a fight; he can also move extremely fast. The Hyuuga can run at an incredible speed, capable of matching higher ranking shinobi. Keeping up with his pace is an strenuous task for those who are not skilled in close quarter combat, and to the untrained eye his movements will appear like a blur. If his opponents do not have superior reaction speed, they may struggle to evade him from closing in during battle, or from catching up to them in a chase. As consequence, he is also quite capable at retreating from combat, as few can match his full speed.

『 SUPERIOR AGILITY 』

The Hyuuga has improved his melee dexterity dramatically thanks to his intense training, dedication and hard work. His body learned to move with grace, no matter to which direction (forward, backwards, sideways), without straining his muscles, which are now capable of handling his body weight and swiftness in battle. Due to this, he can move around with near-perfect movement precision, making so that no wasteful movement is used, and his body moves at full efficacy. This allows him to move without any momentum, giving him an advantage in combat.

This ability, which helps him to maneuver without being hampered by his own body, makes opponents of similar level have a terrible time landing a blow on him.
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 14, 2022 0:24:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 250 | notes
"I'M STOPPING YOU!" One screamed at him.
"WHEN YOU LOSE-" Howled another.
"THEN MAYBE YOU'LL LISTEN!" A third shrieked, all of them fighting their damnedest to stop him now before he could go get himself killed.

"WHO CARES WHAT'S POSSIBLE?! YOU'RE GONNA GO GET KILLED! STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME!" Another shouted, right before his assault took it, and another, down. As he went for a third, another clone entirely- one of the eight left- blurred in to try to shove his arm aside with the Ame technique and stop him from tagging the third one, while the one holding Miroru's actual staff lunged forward in an attempt to utilize a Straight Pillar to tag him and subject him to the stunning effect of the reactive weapon!

<You are losing, little ant.>

>YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! HE ONLY GOT THREE!<
<In seconds. You cannot do this. You need more of my power.>

>NO!!! I'M IN CONTROL HERE! SHUT UP! I CAN DO IT!<

Three of the nine remaining Miroru's all pulled up scrolls and moved to release their seals. Only one was the real scroll, of course, but- wait. No. ALL of the scrolls had chakra imbued into them. The THIRD was just smaller. Had she taken the small one herself? Or did she have one of the real ones?

MISSIONS
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 14, 2022 0:34:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

UNRELENTING FORCE

Her emotions were out of control, and that must have something to do with this chakra that had taken over her body. He had fought against Jinchuuriki before, one very recently, the One-Tail, and it was a similar case, only Arashi had control over her Tailed Beasts' chakra, while Miroru didn't seem to have it. "This is something I have to do. You don't understand. The way things are... Many people have died already. Shodaime left because of how the Hyuuga are... I am responsible for changing my clan!" he exclaimed, the will of fire burning hot inside of his white, intimidating eyes.

As he attacked the third, another clone came to try and save it, but the advantage of the Twin Lion Fist is how it can move independent from the direction of Shigure's hand, and extend its range, so when the new clone came to try and shove the arm aside, the head of the lion would move and intercept it, poofing that one out of existence instead. With the other hand, he would throw it against the staff, stopping it, with the lion destroying the lightning chakra coming from it. "There's no chakra my Gentle Fist can't destroy, Miroru!" he warned her, continuing to channel his chakra to his arms to sustain the usage of the technique.

Then, dashing with his full speed, he would seek to appear behind two of the clones with the scroll and hit them in the back with the Twin Lion Fist, thus reducing more of its numbers. Eventually he would get to the real one and put a stop to that uncontrollable flow of chakra.

Taijutsu
Lion Fist moves to attack the clone who protected the other one, then the other fist is used to stop the lightning from the staff. Moves to attack another two clones.
[]
[303 words]
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 14, 2022 1:14:07 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 262 | notes
"NOOO!!" Miroru shrieked again.
Another added. "YOU'RE THE LAST ONE THAT SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS!"

<He will simply destroy all of them. Waste that chakra. You. Will. Lose.>

>What else can I do!? He's beaten every trick I've tried! But I HAVE to stop him! Nobody should have to kill their father! We could do that for him!<
<The fool doesn't see that. He sees only his duty. His obligation. You must win to stop him. But you cannot.>

>THEN HELP ME!<

All of the Mirorus abruptly started an identical, rapid set of hand seals- but, in a rush, whichever he didn't wipe out before they finished? Exploded of their own accord, dispelled to reclaim their chakra, their job of covering for the real Miroru finished.

After all, the real one wasn't going to be able to hide anymore.

Not like this.

Miroru's chakra boiled off her body, her eyes slitted like- a fox's. Her lips curled back, canines prominent, snarling as raiton swirled around her hands, tearing furrows into the earth as her jutsu completed. Her hair whirled back, dark streaks swallowing her eyes and trailing into the ear-like whorls of her hair- right before she shrieked "WE'LL WIN! WE HAVE TO!!!"- and shot towards him, zigging to the side and darting back in, aiming to swipe both arms in at his ankles, below his easy reach!

MISSIONS
Parting gift [Miroru]Oct 14, 2022 1:29:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"parting gift".

THE NINE-TAILS CHAKRA

After taking down two more of the clones, Miroru would then dispel all of them, which made Shigure consider that - however briefly - that she was finally accepting that this task ahead of him was something him, and him alone needed to do. For his distress, however, that was exactly the opposite of what was going on. The chakra of the Nine-Tails had leaked and enveloped the girl in a chakra shroud of sorts. Her lips curling, her canines becoming more prominent, and even her Lightning Release becoming empowered by this massive and intimidating chakra. She was no longer referring to herself as an individual, but as a collective. "So... That is the Nine-Tails power, uh? To think you would have that... Guess I can't hold back." he sighed, gritting his teeth and adjusting his posture, with the two chakra lions on his hands.

Her speed had increase considerably, but fortunately he was still faster, so when her attack came at his ankles, Shigure would use his absurd agility to somersault back, avoiding her attack. As his feet touched the ground, he would immediately shift the distribution of his body weight and launch himself forward without any delay, quickly achieving his maximum speed, closing in with the girl and aiming to hit her with the right hand right at her chakra core. His goal was to destroy as much of the Nine-Tails chakra he could.

But he had to be careful, and that was where the other hand would come in handy. He kept it by his side, ready to defend himself or follow up, depending on the flow of the fight. His eyes locked on her, piercing through her skull and looking for the brain impulses, so he could anticipate her movements. It was the very first time in which Shigure was fighting her close to his full capacity, and the only thing he was holding back was on actually seriously hurting her.

Fighting
Somersaults to avoid the attack, dashes and aims a strike at her chakra core.
[]
[336 words]