A Beautiful Illusion [Training]

compose a reply
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 18:40:02 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Training

Kuwana's private training grounds offered a quiet much needed respite from the roaring press of the people and crowds within the seat. The thrumming mass of signatures and people leaving Azarea's tentative abilities as a sensor still somewhat muddled at best and at worst left the woman with a splitting headache. She would admit however that she was excited to show off her capabilities and progress to her friend and partner. More importantly the training planned for today would hopefully not strain the still injured Hyuuga. As Azarea checked and rechecked the thermoses of soup and she had brought with her. Cooked by her own hands in the tiny hotel room kitchen now that she realized Shigure had been restricted to nothing more then soup for the duration of his recovery. Her heart fluttering in a way that still felt strange at the thought of seeing him again.

Azarea's worry and fear for his safety having not faded even with the knowledge that the man was slowly moving through the process of becoming the clan head. She'd seen to many clan leaders and would be heirs, herself included, disappear before the ink could dry on the paper. So in a way though Kuwana was enemy territory it was strangely a safer place to heel. Iwa unlikely to risk outright war just yet with so many foreign shinobi in their midst just to take a pot shot at one man. Settling down on a rock near the middle of the wooded training field Azarea settled into light meditation as the woman pooled chakra to the point in the middle of her forehead before shifting slowly through the seals Satoshi had shown her as her chakra echoed against the pool expanding outward in ripples as she searched for the familiar bright spot that was Shigure.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 303 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 19:03:01 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a beautiful illusion".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

PLAY IT COOL

After finally reuniting with Azarea the previous day, the two of them decided to go to one of the private training grounds so he could help her further prepare to the Chuunin Exams. She had revealed to him that she was training to develop the Mind's Eye of the Kagura, which was quite interesting, for he had just helped someone train the building blocks for the development of the very same ability. He was obviously more than happy to assist her, and - of course - spend some time with her. Still, his body was far from completely healed. Wahei had warned him to keep on taking his pills, to stimulate the regrowth and recovery of his organs, and even though he was trying to play it cool, he was going through an awful amount of pain.

As he walked towards the place, he could feel the huge pain in his guts. Frowning his brows, he scanned the area with the Byakugan to make sure nobody was around, and confirming that, he fell to his knees, coughing severly and puking a fair amount of blood. With shaky hands, he reached for his medication and took a couple pills, slowly controlling his breathing and getting a grip on himself once again.

The pills were fast acting and gave him the relief he was looking for. "Phew... That's better..." he said, as he carefully wiped out the blood from his mouth so Azarea wouldn't grow too concerned. With a deep breathe, he would continue his path until he finally arrived at the place. His eyes lighten up when he saw the red-haired there, sitting down on a rock and concentrating. Since she was using her sensory, she would've be surprise by his presence. An easy smile took over his feature as he approached her. "This is the best sight for sore eyes." he said with a soft chuckle.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

KME/Genjutsu Training
Private Training Grounds
[]
[319 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 19:13:39 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Beauty Without Eyes

The world through the Minds Eye was beautiful. Colors she couldn't even begin to describe washed through her senses in ways she could hardly formulate words to comprehend at times, but when she detected Shigure on the edge of her range her breath caught in her throat. His chakra signature was warm like thawing ones hand in front of a fire in late autumn. A steady heat to it that could save lives or burn the world to ashes if roused. Though the way it flickered was almost jarring. Like an illset bone. Something not quite right, but Azarea lacked the skills yet to determine what. Though that off-kilter sensation seemed to smooth out as he entered the clearing and caught sight of her. Azarea's face lighting up with a small smile as without opening her eyes she got up from the rock and settled down upon the grass. Patting her lap to indicate he should come lay down.

"You're beautiful Shigure," She murmurs soft and low. "Is this how you see? Though you appear... hurt. You should come lay down. What I need from you doesn't require you standing anyway." Azarea assures him wanting her friend, her companion, her partner to be comfortable. The fact he was willing to indulge her training at all was gift enough as her Kikaichu flitted about his agitated and worried for his state of being.

"Are you able to shape your chakra without pain?" She questioned words gentle as concern furrowed her brows as she finally opened her eyes to stare up at him with orbs of bright scarlet.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 266 |
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 19:26:05 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a beautiful illusion".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

The invitation she offered him - patting on her lap - was promptly accepted as he approached her, kneeling near her and giving her a soft kiss to her lips before resting his head on her lap. Her words, calling him beautiful caught him a bit off-guard, flaring his cheeks. "Uh?" but what she said next gave him enough context. "The Mind's Eye..." he concluded, and he was getting ready to respond when she mentioned that he appeared to be hurt. He exhaled sharply and slowly nodded his head, his hand reaching out to her face, gently cupping it. "You shouldn't worry about it... I'm still recovering, it's to be expected. I'm going to be okay." he said, and that was not a lie, but he was not entirely confident on his words either. Still, he wanted to put her mind at ease.

She asked him if he could mould his chakra without pain and he hesitated for a moment, pondering about his question, until he finally nodded. "For this level of technique I'm okay. I can't really do anything past a C-Rank right now, however... I... Well, don't freak out, but I want you to know." he said, getting up from her lap so he could look at her eye to eye on the same level. "When I was fighting my father, he attacked me with our ultimate technique... By the time my mother intervened to save me, he had already shut down three-hundred and fifty six of my tenketsus... Five more I would have died instantly." he said, gazing away from her for a moment. He felt defeated... He did well on the fight up until that point, but once Urashi used that technique, he was completely and utterly defeated. And to say that brought him some shame. He had hoped he would be capable of doing it himself, but if it wasn't for his mother and Kazuto, he would have ultimately failed.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

KME/Genjutsu Training
Private Training Grounds
[]
[326 words]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 19:42:00 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Comfort

She returned his kiss gentle and firm her lips curving into a soft smile against his own. Before the man settles down his head pillowed on her lap as Azarea's fingers find the knot of his forehead protector carefully undoing it as she sets it gently on his chest. Her fingers combing through Shigure's long hair as she kneaded the pads into his temples in slow circular motions to ease the furrow that mars his brow and the shame that unjustly mars his soul.

"You're mine to worry about Shigure. Let me worry. I've not had the privilege of such for a very long time." She assures him trying to ease the guilt he feels even as her own tightens within her chest to see him in such a state. To know he had come so close to death and she had been powerless to stop it. "You did well to survive and return Shigure. We'll get stronger. Strength is not a quick and narrow path after all. It's a long, dirty, and winding road and we both know it." She states voice sad and rueful well aware neither had been dealt the easiest hand in life.

"C-rank genjutsu should be plenty for now. I'm not attempting to detect and escape it solely with kai after all and you shouldn't strain. The more you rest the faster you'll heal. Besides..." Azarea murmured reaching to her back to pull out the two thermos containers with a smile. "I made you a Kumogakure treat. Given they've got you restricted to broth and soup I thought you might like something a bit hardier, but still within your restrictions. We call it potato soup. It's delicious with this cold weather and I'm sure by the time we're done you'll have worked up an appetite for something with actual heft to it." She teases him giving the tip of the Hyuuga's nose the lightest playful poke.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 321 |
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 19:51:46 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

PLEDGE

Hearing Azarea say he was hers made him feel something warm inside his chest, which quickly spread. He was never one to hear such kind words, and now that he had her back in his life, not only as his friend, but his partner, his lover, his soulmate... It was enough to fill his heart with tremendous joy. She commended him for surviving such a terrible bout and for returning to her, reminding him that the path to power was a difficult one, which made him node in agreement. "You are absolutely right, my love." he said, the smile lingering on his face, despite the heavy subject they discussed.

He knew he shouldn't be straining himself and with that level of technique he would most likely be fine, but what truly caught his attention was the mention of the potato soup she had prepared for him. To have someone care so much as to do something like that made his hear skip a beat. Suddenly - no warnings given - he would place his hand on her neck and pull her head a bit towards him, while moving his head towards her, parting his lips so they could envelop hers, in a more passionate kiss, his tongue reaching out to hers, with a final nibble to her lower lip.

"You are too good for me..." he whispered after their kiss, leaning his forehead against hers, his hand reaching out to her face. "But I'm happy with my luck. And I will help you walk out of these exams with the rank you deserve." he said, his voice filled with determination.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Private Training Grounds
[]
[271 words]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 20:17:44 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Spoiled

Azarea let Shigure tug her head down her lips meeting his own as she hums low and happy into the kiss, "Love you too." She murmurs soft and low her scarlet eyes dancing with fond amusement. "I guess I'll have to spoil you further with Kumo cuisine before the exams toss me into the first round. Won't I Moonlight?" Azarea quips beaming down at him. Her scarlet eyes holding his own moon pale pearl. Her usually stark features beautiful, but harsh softened with a love for the man she could no longer truly hide.

"Why don't you try and settle a genjutsu over me. I'm going to concentrate on the world around me and myself with the Minds Eye and see what it looks like when it's not me using such techniques." Azarea encouraged and does just that as she forms the handseals once more and stretches her senses both inwards and out. Though her fingers never stop idly playing with Shigure's hair. Offering her ailing partner what comfort she could though she'd be lying if she didn't say her attention was focused sharply on how his chakra moved within his coils searching for the slightest hitch of pain from the Hyuuga as he formed whatever technique was to come.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 210 |
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 20:48:24 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

HELL VIEWING

"You do know me well... My heart has a direct connection to my stomach. Not that I needed any extra reason to want to go to the Cloud, but food is indeed a weakness of mine. Hahaha." he admitted, in a rather light-hearted tone. He also loved the way she would call him moonlight. Nobody had ever really given him such a cute moniker, and it was something that in its own way belonged only to both of them, thus making it even more special to him, as silly as it may sound.

But in any case, they were here to help her train, and as much as he wanted to just enjoy her company, chilling in the field with his... Girlfriend, right? Now that he stopped to think about it, he didn't know exactly what to call her. He had never had a girlfriend before. He went from single to engaged, like all Hyuugas did. "Focus!" he reprimended himself, narrowing his eyes. "Alright. Let's get started." he said, giving her the heads-up.

With a single hand seal, he would activate a genjutsu. "Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu!" he exclaimed. Moulding his chakra to that level was okay despite his injuries, and once the technique had been cast, Azarea would see her limbs' flesh melting as if they were being soaked in acid. It was a technique to cause fear in the hearts of their targets, but still essentially just a mind illusion.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Using Hellviewing Technique
[]
[239 words]

NAME: Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu - [Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
TRIGGER: Handseal (Sight)
DESCRIPTION:
Activated by the user seeing a handseal, the illusion begins with the user being quickly obscured by some material natural to the location and disappearing from sight once it clears. This material could be leaves, sand, water, etc. A somewhat slower burning technique, it is still quite effective as this is a genjutsu that reveals the fears that dwell inside people's hearts. Everyone has an image of the one thing they wouldn't want to ever see. This genjutsu is a technique that draws forth such an image from within the heart and has one mistake it for reality. First, an imaginary circle of leaves will spin around and envelop the target, falling away shortly after. After a short period, the illusion will begin. This is to make the illusion more convincing, since the user will likely have moved before the illusion sets in. If the mental image is a gruesome one, the shock will be accordingly great. [2 rotations max from start to finish]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Oct 14, 2022 20:50:10 GMT -5
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 21:14:29 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

A Finely Woven Net

The Kumo nin forced herself to relax as she focused on maintaining her jutsu. Her attention riveted on Shigure's coils as she watched him draw chakra into his technique and though his chakra still trembled with something akin to pain it did not grow any worse for his efforts. Then the genjutsu settled over her. Azarea's throat tightening as fear wrapped it's fingers about her throat at the sight of Shigure melting through her fingers. Her hands fisting themselves into his clothes as she tries to anchor her mind through touch rather then sight and focuses her sensory abilities on the illusion itself. Trying to peel away what was there and what was not only it... the sight of her love skin and flesh stripped away remained.

Until giving herself a small shake she reminded herself that this was an internal genjutsu not an external one and slowly turned her minds eye inward. Inspecting where the genjutsu lay over her like a finely woven net. It's tendrils hooked into her mind and the sections of her brain that controlled sight specifically. It was... amazing and terrifying all in one. The genjutsu mistress having never had the pleasure of watching how her techniques effected the human mind on the most basic of levels and to see it now was humbling. The chakra that made up the jutsu swirling through her system almost sluggishly like globs of honey mixed with water where it would normally be cleared away with kai as the effected shinobi expelled the tainted chakra. But surely if she could see how it worked there must be another way to unlatch the technique from her chakra system.

"I can sense the genjutsu, but I need... I need a moment to figure out how to untangle it from my network." She murmurs nibbling on her lower lip in concentration.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 309 |
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 21:35:48 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

OPPORTUNITY TO GROW

Even though this was supposed to be training for Azarea, Shigure was not one to waste an opportunity to try and learn more and improve himself. With his Byakugan now activated, he studied how his own genjutsu took a hold of the red-hair's brain, lingering there and entrapping her in the illusion. He had been working hard to develop his own way out of genjutsu, and in order to do so properly, he needed to have a deep understanding of how the chakra infiltrated his brain, so that his burst of chakra from his tenketsus could properly expel every bit of chakra from it. Genjutsu was very interesting, even if it was not something he would ever focus on.

Azarea was distressed, but that was normal, she was still a victim of a fear-inducing genjutsu, but she had an incredible ability to keep her cool, things considered. "She is so cool..." he thought to himself, feeling rather proud of his woman; he admired her, for everything she was, and for all the effort he put forth, so that she could become the shinobi she was meant to be. "Take your time. Focus on understanding your chakra network... I know your technique is different from mine, but I believe the principles are similar. You can do this, my love." he said, with a confident and cheerful tone.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Hell Viewing Technique in use
[]
[233 words]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 21:54:51 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

An Echo, A Spark

"Always so certain~" Azarea murmured her voice fond and her attention focused on the genjutsu. The fact she could hear Shigure's voice eased the tight knot of fear within her chest somewhat as she did her best not to look down at the man resting in her lap. Instead she worked on shifting her chakra, seeing how it moved and flowed with and around the genjutsu. Before slowly an idea formed within her mind. Initially when she had learned the technique she had impacted her chakra off of the pool of chakra at the forefront of her mind to cast an almost echo to allow her to figure out how to extend the next of her sense. The sensation almost disruptive, but not in the way a Kai would be. More like ripples pushing aside a leaf. Tentatively letting go of Shigure Azarea formed the handseals for the Minds Eye once more and percussed her chakra against the pool sending out a echo. Forcing the remnants out and away from where they were latching into the sensory nodes of her brain as finally glancing down Azarea was relieved to see Shigure laying there content and unharmed. His Byakugan activated and quietly observing her.

"Like what you see Moonlight?" She teases flashing him a smile and a playful eyebrow waggle for good measure.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 222 |
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 22:06:28 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

FALSE SURROUNDINGS

The way she was dealing with his chakra was extremely interesting. It wasn't like the washing away from the Kai technique, or the sudden and violent burst from the way he had been training, but more like ripples pushing aside a leaf. It was almost gracious, if there was such a thing in the realms of chakras and brains, but it allowed him to have a better understanding of how the mind trapped in genjutsu worked, and how different forms of chakra were capable of interacting with it. Food for thought for future training, that was certain.

As she finally removed his chakra from her head, she would finally break out of his Genjutsu, and as she opened her eyes, she gave him a sweet, yet teasing smile, and he chuckled. If he was being honest, he didn't do what she implied he did up until now, but since she gave him the idea, he did focus on other aspect and chuckled almost mischievously. "Very much so... And you know it." he said, giving her a wink.

"But we can talk more about that later. Now... Let me try something else." he said as he started waiving a set of three hand seals, transforming the environment around her from the training grounds, to a barren wasteland, where she stood alone.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Using False Surroundings Technique
[]
[225 words]

NAME: Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu - [Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Low Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: Entering Area of Effect (30m)
DESCRIPTION:
A genjutsu that allows one to trick others into mistaking the place they're in for another. This technique's main feature is that it can be cast over an extensive surface, therefore any and all who step into the illusion's area of effect will fall under the spell. That said, it might not work so well on people who are well-versed or otherwise skilled in genjutsu. [Is only effective once upon a target unless recast]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 22:20:14 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Subtle

"Hmm this is... interesting." Azarea murmured glancing at her surroundings before turning her minds inner eye upon herself. Examining how the more powerful jutsu sunk it's claws further into her brain and covered a larger expanse of her visual nodes. Forming the hand seals once more she tried another wave of chakra, but this time the genjutsu only wavered. Not enough of it broken up by her technique to completely free her from the dregs of it. The sensation almost itchy, but ones brain could not really itch.

"Looks like I will need a bit more chakra." She murmurs focusing on flooding more strength into her seals as she repeats the process this time managing to fully disperse the false surroundings as she sits back staring down at Shigure with a thoughtful expression. "Could you put me under that one again Moonlight? But use our current surroundings so I can't visually detect a change. I want to see if I can feel when a genjutsu has settled over me without having to turn and look at myself each time. So if I'm hit with a more subtle technique I have a better chance of escaping from it." Azarea requests with a soft smile as she stroked her fingers through Shigure's hair. Tracing the pads down over his forhead and kneading the spot right between his brows with gentle fingers where his Byakugan left the skin furrowed and strained from his jutsu use.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 242 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 14, 2022 22:20:48 GMT -5
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 22:28:12 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

DISCREET CHANGE

He continued to study how her brain interacted with his chakra trapping her into the illusion, and the ways she used to rid herself of that chakra. To have the opportunity to focus on such a study was not something he came across very often, so he knew that it would be wise to make the most of it. Azarea tried to repeat the same process, but she came up short in chakra. But being skilled in genjutsu was she was, the woman quickly caught on to that, and adjusted her technique to compensate for that shortcoming, and then she managed to break out of his genjutsu.

He smiled, proud of her, but before he could give her a compliment, she asked him to place her under the same genjutsu once more, but this time make it more discreet. Her logic was interesting and quite smart. With a nod, Shigure would once again waive those hand seals. Only this time nothing seemed to have changed. He was still there on her lap, they were still at the training grounds. If she went on just with the looks, she would likely take a while to notice the difference; which was restricted to the position of a few trees here and there, nothing too noticeable.

While doing that, he enjoyed her touch, which he replicated in the genjutsu as well. He wanted to touch her as well, but not right now, for he didn't want to risk disrupting his technique and getting in the way of her training.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Once again using False Surroundings
[]
[262 words]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 22:57:35 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Itch

This time Azarea did not turn her inner eye inward. Instead she sat still slowly tracing firm soft patterns over Shigure's face as she massaged the tired muscles there as she quietly catalogued what she was feeling and how the flow of her chakra moved. Satoshi had warned her that with time her knowledge of her own chakra system and mastery over her chakra control would improve. Which she had begun to detect a noticeable uptick in her abilities, but the jutsu was still too new for her to have anything close to mastery over the technique just yet. The 'itch' though was back. Like a thought she couldn't quite grasp or an urge she couldn't scratch. A second sense that left the hairs on the back of her neck raising as slowly she realized what was causing it. Where as usually chakra radiating off of the pool of chakra at the forefront of her mind the genjutsu where it latched into her brain did the same just in a more subtle manner. The tiny minute waves of chakra used to sustain the technique impacting her minds eyes like a waterbug skirting across the surface of a still lake. Not as noticeable as a hand slapped upon the surface, but still detectible in it's tiny vibrations.

"I think... I think I've got it." Azarea murmurs sounding more confident and this time as she went through the jutsu her chakra quickly snapped into place dissolving the jutsu where it had sunk it's claws into her brain. Leaving only her own natural chakra behind.

"I've got it." She states more firmly before smiling down at Shigure. "And you must have worked up quite the appetite. I bet they've got you stuck on the tasteless broth right now don't they?" Azarea murmurs her voice soft and empathetic.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 304 |

quick reply

compose a reply