A Beautiful Illusion [Training]

compose a reply
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 23:06:44 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a beautiful illusion".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

APPETITE

It was beautiful to witness the process in which she detected his chakra, this time so discreetly inserted into her brain. When she said she got it, he could see the confidence in her face, and in a snap, she dissolved the chakra in her head and broke through the genjutsu, allowing her senses to come back to reality. "I still have a lot to learn, but I'm understanding it way better now. It is indeed interesting... I think I can adjust my bursts to better expel it now..." he thought to himself, making sure he memorized all that knowledge.

Shigure got up from her lap rather eagerly when she mentioned his appetite, but his stomach responded first with a loud grumble. He laughed in mild embarrassment at that and nodded his head. "I am rather hungry... My appetite is slowly returning, but I'm also crazy about trying your cooking. I still have very fond memories of the last time you prepared something." he winked at her, nudging at their first night together, at her apartment. The day had been extremely special to him, and the fond memories of that day made the butterflies in his stomach to go crazy. His hand reaching out to hers, gently holding it as his smile showed just how in love with the woman he was.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

KME/Genjutsu Training
Food time
[]
[224 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 23:23:07 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Soup

Shigure's stomach answers Azarea's question for him as the Kumo nin chuckles bracing her partner slightly as he sits up still terrified of him harming himself as she leans forward to press a kiss to his forehead. Before snagging his headband from the ground as she carefully ties it back into place for her... boyfriend? The word didn't feel quite right. As if it was too shallow a title to describe the depths they had been through and would go through for one another. "Don't worry I have more recipes then just this." She assures him with a warm smile as her fingers thread with his own giving Shigure's hand a gentle squeeze. Only releasing it to turn and pull out the two thermos's complete with cups and little attachable silverware as she passes him his and cracks open the top. The potato soup within still steaming hot, but not so much so as to burn as she demonstrates pouring it into the cup lid that doubles as a bowl.

"When you are able to eat semi-solids I'll make you some broccoli and cheese soup and when you can have bread some beer cheese soup to soften the bread in." Azarea promises knowing full well the in order to keep those promises it would be essential she survives the coming trials at the end of the week. If nothing else then to prevent her love from suffering at the terrible hands of bland food. The thought making her snort in amusement her lips curling into a smile around the rim of her spoon as she pulls out a couple of thermos's of tea for them to sip. The two simply enjoying a warm meal together in the brisk fall air.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 290 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 23:33:49 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a beautiful illusion".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TEMPTING

He laughed when she said that she had more recipes than just that one. "I know. And I have a bunch I know as well. I want to make you something nice as well... Maybe at the end of the exams, so we can celebrate." he suggested while the red-haired served them the soup. He grabbed the soup cup and the spoon and quickly took a spoonful of it. The flavour was amazing, especially due to the fact that his diet had been basically broth for the past week and a half. Humming pleasantly he nodded his head a few times. "Absolutely delicious!" he exclaimed before taking a few more spoons in quick succession. Shigure ate quite fast, but then he paused and coughed; he couldn't do it on his regular rhythm yet, so he took a deep breathe. "I can't get too excited yet! Hahaha!" he admitted with an embarrassed laugh, trying to make little of the pain he felt. However, eating it at a reasonable speed caused him no discomfort.

The perspective of eating something more solid made him feel almost like he was dreaming. "Stop teasing me like this... You are already too hot, if you start talking about delicious food on top of it... It will be too much for my heart!" he teased her, leaning against her to kiss her cheek a couple of times before - of course - returning his focus to the delicious soup he was having. To be there, with Azarea, eating some soup, having a light-hearted conversation, it made him feel good. He had lost his mother, he had suffered a lot, and he had a whole headache with the clan succession to figure out, but... He was there with her.

His eyes got a bit lost in thought as he pondered about those things. "It was worthy it... Ya know... Standing up to him." he admitted. He could almost feel the relief in the spirits of his uncles, who suffered so much at Urashi's hands, to the point it costed them their very lives.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

KME/Genjutsu Training
Food time
[]
[345 words]
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 14, 2022 23:48:43 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Faith

"Your heart? Or your stomach Moonlight?" Azarea teases leaning forward to kiss the tip of his nose happily tucking herself against his side as the two of them ate and drank tea in companionable silence. Her brow furrowing a touch with worry when he caught. Her eyes not missing the speckles of crimson staining the bandages on his hands even if Shigure worked hard to hide it. "It's ok Love. The food won't run away. There's plenty left." She murmurs her head coming to rest lightly on Shigure's shoulder as she smiled reassuringly up at him. Truthfully Azarea had overpacked the portions knowing she'd really only eat about half of her thermos with the full intention of using the rest to top off Shigure's. The man needed to keep eating to recover his strength, but the soup was warm and filling. The right blend of cream, pepper, and salt, with a hint of onion mingled in with the potato. It would have perhaps been better with some bread on the side, but without it was still miles better then just broth.

At Shigure's quiet admission Azarea reached out to rest her hand comfortingly on his leg. Giving it a gentle squeeze mindful of any bruises, but wanting to let her partner know that she was here. That he was not alone. "You did the right thing. In the days to come I am certain you will be able to see the change you have longed for with your own eyes and rebuild your clan with your own hands." She murmurs voice filled with conviction and believe. "You've never been one to tolerate injustice and I will support you in whatever ways are within my power." Azarea states meaning every single word.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 291|
Keen has written 1,221 posts
A Beautiful Illusion [Training]Oct 16, 2022 15:34:55 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a beautiful illusion".

REASURANCE

Shigure pondered for a second, and when she kissed the tip of his nose, his smile widened. "Both I think... They are quite connected, ya know?" he laughed when he said that, shaking his head. He would definitely go for seconds, as this was the best thing he had eaten in over a week, even though he was trying his best to control his pace and not choke again. Once he was done, he would clap his hands and thank for the mean. "Gochisousama deshita." as laidback as he was, he was still quite the polite individual.

After the meal, as he spoke - however briefly - about what had happened, he felt Azarea's touch on his leg and her words have him some comfort. He did the right thing, even though his mom ended up paying the ultimate price for that, and he still felt guilty about that. If only he had been stronger, if he had managed to end the fight before his father could use that technique. But there was no point in wanting to change the past, that was a fool's errand. Ultimately, her words and his thoughts made him feel a bit better, and he looked at her, touching her face and nodding. "That is true. But it is comforting to hear these words." he said.

Their training was done for today, and as much as he wanted to be with her, they had agreed to avoid being seeing together too often. Shigure had some enemies, including one of the people in charge of the current events, so he didn't want to paint a target on Azarea's back.

KME/Genjutsu Training
Exit post
[]
[273 words]

quick reply

compose a reply