two blades of grass | tOct 15, 2022 18:03:32 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Time: Early Afternoon
When: One week prior to the start of the Chūnin exams

Mindfulness and meditation had been a task he had long since forgone and yet was going to be expected to offer some calmness rather than calamity to Kusagakure no Sato's resident Jinchuuriki. He had never met them, but they were young enough (surprise surprise) that they needed tutoring. Sozin's experience with Jinchuuriki were rather first hand. He'd met 1, 2 and 8. He more than knew how it worked, and couldn't openly say he was a master enough at it. He could have gone so much farther... but it likely made him more experienced than Koume was.

Koume was just a Genin and going to her second exams. She had had something like this happen before but it would be the first time that was was running it, and they'd had a very private area for them to train in - usually selected for those who worked in special OPs, like ANBU. It meant fewer prying eyes, and it was a luxury for Koume. As much as luxury could be afforded from a room that was bare. It echoed as he walked to the centre of the pale room - and waited. Waited for her to be directed here, so that they could begin.

What was the task, you say? It was for mindfulness and preparation for the exam. It was in their interest that they did not reveal their identity. He wish he had received the same instruction himself. His hubris and anger got ahead of him. But, he anticipated this girl would be better than him.

From the religious standpoint he wanted nothing better than to beat this girl down, as he had been told of the other Arm of God - Ebikyo to Shi had done to the Yonbi. Beat them down, let the bijuu rampage, destruct everything. But - what better option than to befriend the girl? It was entombed, and Sozin could guess that Akui would have liked nothing more than to suck away the chakra from a Bijuu, freely, without any fighting back.

That was worthwhile.

So he would wait.

{Spoiler}Add any jutsu, relevant information here
has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 16, 2022 3:43:07 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
The past few days have been chaotic for both Koume and the Rokubi, from the voyage to Tsuchi no Kuni, to packing, and dealing with the people of the country - it was safe to say that the girl had a lot on her plate. Even more so considering that she wished not to fail like the previous time, so she decided that she would dedicate the majority of her time training or improving herself in some way, shape, or form. If it didn’t better her as a person or a kunoichi, then chances were that Koume wouldn’t bat an eye towards it … or at least she would try not to.

Having authority present was a huge pain to her, but regardless they made the process that much easier for the girl. People such as Lady Kanoh who didn’t mind taking their time to help - they were a blessing in disguise for the pinkette. Having just finished their training session, the girl didn’t waste much time in changing and dragging her exhausted body to one of the private rooms typically used for those considered as "high profile personnel” - perhaps it was another meeting with the Kusa Lady?

She knocked gently before opening the door, humming a tune behind closed lips before her eyes eventually met his..

"Ah. Sozin-san.” Koume spoke as she bowed deeply. She didn’t know the man very well, in fact this was the first time the two had a chance to chat with one another, and it was clear that the man had a very serious demeanor to him that made Koume a bit afraid of him. "I..uh.. I’m sorry, do I have the right room? I don’t mean to bother you.” The thought of being in the wrong room brought a slight feeling of embarrassment to Koume’s tummy, however as she paid closer and closer attention the teen noticed that the room was practically empty - void of any personality whatsoever.

Koume sighed beneath her breath before finding her seat across from Sozin…the eerie silence washing over the two as the girl listened to what the jonin had to say.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Oct 16, 2022 7:35:39 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 16, 2022 6:08:50 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"You're in the right place, Koume-san." This was a place of calm. So he would try to make it. His voice maintaining an equilibrium. "Please, sit. Do you want a drink? Water or tea, anything else?" Sozin was happy to make someone else fetch it for them. He himself would not partake. "Are you well?" After she'd answered the previous question.

It was clear he was getting the small talk out of the way so that he could actually begin training her. In this life or the previous, Sozin had always been a workaholic - had always focused on his mind, rather than other pursuits. They just weren't as fun. He couldn't just come out and say to Koume that he had been a Jinchuuriki, or he had met many: no, he would have to be more tactful than that. "So," he would stop, finally coming to an end with the small talk.

"I have a very particular set of skills. I hope to impart them on to you when dealing with the Rokubi. Does the seal permit communication and have they told you their name? How is your relationship with them? He, or She? And have you been inside your mindscape, if you know what that is?" He didn't know that part, but he was going to establish the facts with them because there was stuff he didn't have access to even in his position as a council member. To pry too hard may have been seen as a threat to the other council members.

But, it would appear to Koume that Sozin was very knowledgeable about the process and mechanics of being a Jinchuuriki by the nature of his questions, as he folded his arms comfortably underneath his chest.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 16, 2022 7:29:44 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume made herself comfortable in her seat as she offered a smile in return to being offered refreshments by the councilman, but ultimately shook her head side to side in refusal. As kind of an act it was, the girl was ready to get started with whatever the two would be discussing - besides it wasn’t everyday that a genin got to train with their higher ups so it would be best if the pinkette stayed focused.

"I’m doing well, I suppose. I can't exactly complain.” It was a half-truth half-lie. In honesty, Koume has been better - much better. But the girl couldn’t find much in her life to complain about that she wasn’t actively handling herself, or at least trying to. "A bit nervous for the exams but that’s all, heh.” Even though it was merely small talk, she had to admit that it was nice having people in her corner that cared. Even someone as scary as Sozin.

Moving on from herself, Sozin decided to mention to Koume why the two were meeting. Apparently Sozin had some working understanding of what it’s like being a jinchuriki and that he wanted to pass these lessons down to her. For a moment the girl was skeptical, but given his rank and position within the village it wasn’t too far-fetched to believe that he may have worked with other jinchuriki in the past. Koume folded her arms at her chest, and with a bit of thought would give the jonin her answer.

"The seal? Yes, it allows for communication..I think? I can talk to him.” There was still a lot to learn. "I don’t think they’ve told me their name yet, I’ve always just assumed it was Rokubi, no?” Ehh, wrong!.. "Our relationship is..good? Alright? It could definitely be better, ya’know. And yes, I have been to his mindscape.” Koume answered. It was strange hearing this sort of terminology from someone who wasn’t actually a jinchuriki themselves, but the pinkette wouldn’t question it in the slightest. The only thing that crossed her mind was the fact that finally someone in the village had a slight understanding of what it was like for her as the jinchuriki, and with that the girl’s eyes lit up with joy.

"You know, you seem to know a lot about the matter, Sozin-san.” Koume brought up as her interest continued to rise.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Oct 16, 2022 7:37:44 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 16, 2022 9:42:06 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Right. Of course." The exams could be tough: he knew some of the things at stake and it was multiplied for Jinchuuriki. "Hopefully we can make that easier." And he would begin to ask some questions about the Rokubi.

They could communicate. OK. Well. He couldn't claim that he had dealt with the previous Rokubi Jinchuurki if he didn't have Sozin's memories. They very much could have, but there was a lot at stake to get wrong. "I've had many personal dealings with Jinchuuriki. I did lose some of my memory in recent events, but it's starting to return to me." He had to keep consistency in his lies, no matter who it was: it was easier to tell the truth than to lie. And he would... to the best of his ability.

"That's a good start, either way. When they're ready, they will tell you. I can't say I know of the Rokubi's attitude, but one can reasonably expect a less favourable response when they're being used like a common kunai among immature Shinobi." So, they were to get in to the thick of it. "I'm training you today to prepare your mind. Discomfort is where growth happens, and I'd like to offer you some deeper insight from my own studies to, the minds of Jinchuuriki. Are you comfortable with that?" He cleared his throat. He shuffled some papers in front of her.

In it, contained many miscellaneous things. School reports. Her being in the orphanage - plenty of stuff that he could use to manipulate her. But, with good reason. She would become an excellent Jinchuuriki under his tutelage, better than any other teacher could give her, because of his own first hand experience. But that was where she would come to trust him, he hoped.

In time.

Many more were needed to have her live her life in service of Akui.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 16, 2022 21:57:41 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

"Hmm.” She hummed slightly at the mention of Sozin having numerous personal run ins and dealings with plenty of jinchuriki before, it made the girl wonder just how many people did he know walking about with a monster sealed within them - she herself quite frankly only knew two others. It also made the young woman question why the jonin so suddenly sought to help her, her being the jinchuriki wasn’t news to anyone. Perhaps it was in light of the upcoming exams, if that were the case then Koume definitely understood as she was concerned about her bijuu’s self-control as well as her performance overall.

"Roku can be a jerk at times,” Koume started. "But they can be helpful at times as well..it depends.” The girl wished things were easier for the two of them to get along, but the six tails liked power which wasn't something Koume had a lot of herself. They came a long way from avoiding one another, now they talked every day, but the slug still didn’t consider the pinkette a friend - which was very frustrating to Koume, someone who had little to no trouble making friends.

The mention of the bijuu being used much like a kunai for someone like Koume landed home and made her incredibly remorseful for all the times she argued with the slug. She didn’t want him to be caged either, but there wasn’t much that she could do. Perhaps she should keep that in mind whenever she finds herself getting frustrated with the Rokubi.

The girl looked towards Sozin as she gave a subtle smile and an energetic nod. "Anything! I’ll go through anything to get better.” She spoke, inching a bit closer in her seat with excitement.

I’ll show you that I’m not just a brat. I can do whatever I put my mind to, just you watch, Roku..I mean..what’s your name?

I’ll believe it when I see it, brat.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 17, 2022 7:44:36 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Well. It was time for Sozin to monologue to her. "Excellent. So, to give you context. What you do know is that communication is available, but what you may not know is that they have access to every single sense that you have. Emotions, eyesight, hearing, smells. Unless the Seal itself is extremely restrictive, it's likely they hear every good and bad thought that runs through your mind: every visualisation of an event, daydream or thought whether nonverbal or not. What they have over us, and I hope you're listening, Rokubi, is time. Time is a difficult concept to manage as a Shinobi since we don't tend to live long lives. As a result, my experience of the interpretations Jinchuuriki have vary from helpful to downright malicious." He could have gone into more detail about Shukaku, the Ichibi. Or the Nibi, or even Kokou: the Gobi. But, all of those were counterintuitive to the idea of being undercover, so they remained inside his mouth and mind.

"The Seal itself is a mirror and a prison of your chakra coils and tenketsu. It keeps it there, but, as time supposes, metal rusts. Humans turn to the food of the earth and when you use the Rokubi's chakra, you're weakening the seal. Maybe not a lot: but it corrodes the cell it is contained by. Seals have gotten better over time, but a Bijuu is astonishingly powerful, beyond our understanding. So, even if our seals are good, they have access to those thoughts, feelings, what you like and don't like: little habits in the day, to the time your body likes to get up in the morning. It can tell whether or not you're going to have a good day tomorrow, within reason. But this makes it a master of understanding you, better than even your loved ones can ever hope to know. We all - have dark thoughts." He was doing a lot of talking but it wasn't for no reason, he wanted to give the woman context for her own understanding. This was to develop trust, after all.

"So you have a seal that weakens every time you use it, a being we don't know if is malicious or not, and the ability to understand you far better than anything else in this world. And...?" And then he would trail off, perhaps the silence would prompt her into speaking, to see if she had anything to add or come to a conclusion on her own rite.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 17, 2022 16:04:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

The young girl listened closely as the man spoke, her focus fully on Sozin as he explained to her that not only was communication available between herself and the six tails, but that the bijuu was practically a second inner self so to speak. Everything that Koume ever witnessed, smelled, and heard while being a host was something that the six tails experienced as well. The pinkette had been told on numerous occasions that she and her bijuu were practically one in one, but she didn't understand that they were being literal in a sense. She nodded her head, showing Sozin signs that she was at the very least hearing the words he was saying and comprehending them to a degree.

It was a strange concept to wrap her mind around, being a jinchuriki. She basically no longer had any true privacy, that right had been signed away once the sealing process was complete, even her deepest thoughts and insecurities failed to go unnoticed, every single thing would be experienced by the bijuu good and bad, and in turn allowed the beast to have an understanding of her that no other could ever dream of, regardless of how long they knew the young woman. The main takeaway however was that bijuu had time and numerous experiences under their belt, which was more than enough to cause a person to grow cold and full of malice.

As she listened on, Koume’s hands and arms subtly wrapped around her stomach in a hugging fashion. Hearing that utilizing the bijuu’s chakra weakened the seal itself caused her to grow a bit concerned, not because she had been using Rokubi’s chakra irresponsibly, it was actually quite the opposite. The concern came from uncertainty, she believed that none of this was actually in her control.

"And…” Koume started softly, her verdant hues finding the floor beneath her feet as a realization had been made. It was evident that not every bijuu was the same, but in her case, at this point the girl was almost certain that the rokubi had no ill feelings or malice intent towards her. And pairing that with the fact that he actually looked out for her at times and knew her better than even she knew herself..

"He deserves my trust. I know at times I can be a horrible jinchuriki. I get scared at times, and there are times that I wish this never happened to me, but it could be so much worse. My life is in his hands, and I suppose his life is in mine as well.” She explained to both Sozin and herself as well. Her emerald gaze looked back towards Sozin, her lips pursed as she searched for the right words to say. "Hmm. But how do I get him to acknowledge me and truly accept me as the jinchuriki?” The girl asked.

last edit by Deleted on Oct 17, 2022 16:05:50 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tOct 30, 2022 9:15:40 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He continued speaking the harsh truth even when her arms wrapped around her body as a shield as she simmered over his points. So when she responded, his head tilted lightly - ear toward her a bit, that he was listening. That wasn't what he would have drawn from the conclusion but understood the Bijuu were different, or she was just gullible. He could have given the advice he would have taken himself, and that was subjugation but clearly that was an incompatible statement with he desires, and held the lowest chance of success...

"Yes...." He responded mid conversation, agreeing with her point. When the returnfire question was asked she would've noticed a nearly imperceptible change of expression as though he were considering the change of tactics. But like any good teacher, he was changing his approach for her. "It depends on them. What I can say, is it will depend on what you want of the relationship." Sozin wasn't there to coddle her, she was there to be a shinobi for Kusagakure no Sato. She knew that, so friendship would only get her so far. Sozin was there to challenge her - and put discomfort in her mind. "From... my.... studies...." he stopped after each word as he was in thought, finding the right words. "I understand that Bijuu can die and it's an incredibly painful experience for them. They would regenerate, of course, as they're principally entities of pure chakra. So they have theoretically should have self interest to either befriend, work with or try and break the seal before that happens."

Sozin had a choice of either pleasing her in this conversation: stray away from the harder lesson he had intended to implement, or to go right back to where he had intended to teach her. One would. Could, have a beneficial affect to their future relationship - a pliable Jinchuuriki would make it easier for the future. On the other hand, her prowess would increase - she would become more useful to Kusagakure no Sato. "What is it you want?" He asked her.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tNov 15, 2022 14:03:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume leaned forward a bit, pressing her hands against her cheeks as she tried to digest everything Sozin was telling her. The most that she got was that being a jinchuriki was hard, and that the relationships between host and bijuu were often too complex for anyone to truly gauge from the outside looking in. She sighed a bit, green orbs returning to face the older guy as he explained to her that in order for her to achieve what she was trying to accomplish then it would mostly depend on what she wanted from the relationship. Which was a bit surprising…

"Hmm.” Koume hummed, giving it a bit of thought but not immediately answering. Instead Sozin would have time to offer more lessons that the girl would benefit from knowing. The bijuu themselves could die as well, which was something that the pinkette was completely oblivious of, and according to the jonin most would often prefer to prevent that from happening by any means by either befriending or breaking the seal.

She took in a deep breath, sighing gently as her eyes shifted towards the floor. What did she want out of their partnership? Koume believed she made it obvious to the six tails of what she wanted, at least she thought. Emerald hues returned to Sozin and with a shrug of her shoulders the girl answered. "I want us to work together, in tandem, while being best friends…that is what I want the most. To work as one, ya’know.” She answered with somewhat of certainty in her voice. On the other hand, she was completely blind to what the six tails themselves wanted. Surely freedom would be on top of the list.

"I think I get closer to achieving that everyday, but it’s kind of discouraging when everything feels so one-sided.” Koume explained.

has written 0 posts
two blades of grass | tNov 15, 2022 18:24:32 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Sozin had taken the time to understand her motives, where his own legs crossed one over the other and he leaned forward - both wrists crossing over the other on his kneecap. Friendship with a Bijuu - across both dimensions that were his psyche were disappointed with that fact. Born from an inherent distrust of any Bijuu, and combined with the disgust the Herald of Akui bore toward the chakra borne creatures. It was... it felt...

It was definitely a conflict of interest to what a 'shinobi of Kusagakure' would have wanted, but he reminded himself of the higher purpose to his meeting. Sowing the seeds to bare the fruit. "I see." His soft tone and flat ending that curbed his voice made him seem disapproving of the decision. "You will be the best judge of that among anybody of how that is going." She couldn't force the Bijuu to be friends as much as she wanted to be. It would happen or it wouldn't. He was being pragmatic and unhelpful to her at this point because what he had said was probably very akin to what others had also told her.

"Do you think if you entered the mindscape and past the barriers that protected you from it, it would attack you? If feasible, that was?" He wanted to gauge her understanding of the seal, its mechanics - and the base relationship. If she truly thought she could step beyond the confines of its safety and not be harmed, she was either foolish or correct.

Sozin wished he could have spoken to the Rokubi directly without the interference of the girl, but it was not meant to be.

has written 0 posts