When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)

compose a reply
When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 17, 2022 13:35:35 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1

What was Kumo's resident doing? One could see him walking toward one of the many training grounds. He had the training schedule for the rotations in hand. Training ground 3 was open today and which meant he was free to do what he liked. He kinda liked the persona he publicly allowed people to see. Of course he had a feeling the tippy top of Kumo and his clan knew he was anything but lazy. His Kage because well there was eyes everywhere, and well the Murahira due to him paying his dues despite his outward showing of laziness. 

Sandaled feet would stop at the edge of training ground three. Sengo's ears would shift about atop his head. What was his goals today. More efficient use of his mothers giant fan...maybe? He first would warm up no sense in training and getting hurt right. Sengo would place his mothers fan on a near by post. His warm up would be with his smaller ones. Once the case which was strapped upon his back was leaned against the post Sengo would once more shift his ears atop his head....He was making sure he had no on lookers there appeared to be one but his caution was thrown out the metaphoric window. He was here to improve him self and he would do so.

Sengo would go to the clearing of his mountain homes training area a nice place really it was one of the few places with trees in Kumo. Training ground three was his favorite. His sky blues would look about as he opened the two fans held on his belt. The warm up was simple. Sengo would start to move his body. Two fans was more of a dance, The lead fan was there to be eye catching so it was always pretty were the off hand one was mundane plain even.

Sengo would lose himself in the dance. His worry about being found gone. His feet would move it almost looked like a waltz to who ever was looking. The lead fan would glow as he channeled chakra into it. and closed his off hand. As the spin of his dance came closer to the training post he would sweep his fan across. once done he would close the fan and look upon his handy work. the cut was just right. Not to deep it was a plus that he didn't mess it up too much. He nodded to himself he felt warmed up.

Kumo's lazy fox would remove the dark coat upon his shoulders and slip off his sandals, as his little fans made there way to his belt. he would then strap his mothers fan to his back the real work began.    

dantlessknome HEX: #63a0c6 No notes!

dantlessknome has written 26 posts
When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 17, 2022 14:24:34 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
age Fifteen years old birthday 9/7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team Member
Hana
Murahira
Do your best until you know better

once you know better, then do better

in life, honor - in death, glory
Among the Murahira, there were those who were known as lazy, such as Sengo - and there were those, like Hana, who lived a life as far into the opposite lane as possible. She never stopped training, never stopped improving, and certainly never gave up. However, unlike Sengo who had a reputation as being lazy, Hana didn't secretly relax. Even when she slept, she dreamed of training.

It should be no surprise, then, that she'd make her way to one of the training grounds, whether it was entirely vacant or had a few occupants. Sengo may have wished to conduct his training in secret, but it wouldn't work out today. His clanmate, Hana, would eventually show up.

"There were rumors that you actually do train," Hana commented as she entered the training area. "I had my suspicions that you weren't as boring as you tried to make yourself seem."

Hana did not know how to use a war fan like Sengo wielded. It wasn't the most common weapon in the Murahira arsenal but was perfectly serviceable and had proven itself worthy on the battlefield in the past. No Murahira, Hana included, would besmirch his decision to utilize it.

Hana would have to admit she was curious about it, at least to a degree.

"Care for a training partner?"

TITLE:
When the Veil Drops

TAGS:

WORDS: 217 Words [1/8 Posts]

Fairemont has written 97 posts
When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 17, 2022 15:13:43 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull

He was found out Sengo did his best to hide his surprise as his ears picked up the nimble foot falls Murahira where known for. It was his cousin and complete opposite Hana she was known as a hard worker unlike him. And of course she would know he wasn't as lazy as he portrayed. A smile made its way to his face and a training partner did sound nice. His improvement has waned as of late. While he did all he could to stave off promotion he still wanted to get better with his mothers fan. "Sure Cuz, I think I am at the point where i need help to improve. But keep It a secret from the elders. I do have a reputation to uphold." Sengo let his little cousin know his consent for here to train with him.

Bare feet would leave deeper prints in the semi soft soil. The fan adding to his weight. Sengo would free his fan from its sheath but wouldn't unfold it. His fan would rest on his shoulder as he waited for Hana to get her self ready. Sengo while he waited would ask as he waited. "Anything you working on cuz?" He put his question out there in the ether.

215(words) 

When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 18, 2022 12:11:21 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

"I'm not sure that is the... best reputation to maintain," Hana commented with a dour frown.

Sengo was an outlier among the clan. The Murahira were generally hard workers. Nose to the ground, grind hitters, bread getters, make it happen types of people. Service to Kumogakure was often the utmost importance, and even those that were not shinobi took the defense of their homeland very seriously. So, lazing about, or at least being perceived as one, was an oddity.

Hana didn't understand his insistence on maintaining that, either.

She let out a defeated sigh. "I have a number of things to work on."

She made her way over towards Sengo and looked at his fan. Fuuton was not something she knew about at this point. Perhaps someday. So, helping Sengo with that was out of the question.

"I have been working on developing my katon to a point where I can use it well enough," Hana explained. "For now, it's sufficient for basic techniques, but not anything our clan would consider worthy."

The Murahira were, after all, known for their strong Katon.

"Aside from that, a few simple genjutsu, some more taijutsu and bukijutsu, and a little fuuinjutsu on the side," Hana waved a hand as emphasis. "A bit of everything."

"Were you interested in a little one-on-one? I can see if I find any weaknesses or holes in your skills."

TITLE:
When Veil Drops

TAGS:

WORDS: 231 Words [2/8 Posts]

When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 18, 2022 13:24:54 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull

"It may seem to you a bad rep to maintain. I feel when the shackles of the clans ebb and flow came off. I grew in a way, I still pay my dues I love Kumo as any other, but since being ousted from the compound I got to know those we work with and protect. In a way it is a blessing." Sengo tried to explain his reasoning for appearing the way he does. "But I still work hard I am content." Sengo smiled as he finished explaining himself to his young cousin.

The shift to training was nice his little cousin didn't have to like his reason. He did he was well pass the point of caring about how people as a whole saw him. The little bit of people he meet when he started living on his own. Now that's who mattered in his life. When Hana listed off her skills a welcoming smile formed upon his face. "Your better off then me I over specialized. But the basics are always important." The Lazy Fox of Kumo's free hand came up and patted his mothers fan a look of loss came over his face. "I'm working on using Iron flower a little more efficiently. Its a great fan lets me skip some steps for my main jutsu but like with all things short cuts have there cost." Sengos smile came back to his face. "We can spar, maybe I'll find something you need to work on." Sengo shifted his feet to get ready for the ball of fluff which was his little cuz. "Ready when you are."

277(words)     

When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 18, 2022 13:54:24 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

Hana didn't really comprehend what it was Sengo had going through his head. All of that sounded like bad things to her. Being shunned by the clan took an awful lot of work, and only a handful of people had ever managed it. She had a feeling Sengo might be exaggerating his current status, but she didn't know everything.

"So long as you work for the betterment of Kumogakure then you are a Murahira," Hana replied. "And that is what counts."

It was a particularly affirmative statement of comradery from the otherwise stoic and hard-working Hana. She was the Future of Kumogakure and the pride and joy of the Murahira. If she understood, then anyone could. Probably...

"Over specialization... It's not a bad thing," Hana answered. "You're not the only one in our clan that has chosen that type of path."

It wasn't for Hana, but Sengo was not the only one, nor would he be the last among them to pick one thing and really double down on it. Even if it was more common for Murahira to branch out, everyone had their place.

Hana wasn't armed, at least not with a sword like she normally was. She likely had plenty of tools with her despite that. 

"I will attempt to use a technique that one of our allies showed me. I don't expect it to be perfect, but aside from that I will rely on some of my other techniques."

Hana adopted a readied combat stance for taijutsu. "Begin!"

TITLE:
When Veil Drops

TAGS: 

WORDS: 251 Words [3/8 Posts]

When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 18, 2022 14:39:35 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull

He would have too make the first move it seemed. Smart she was waiting for him to make the first move. And he would moving his Giant fan from his shoulder he opened it as he did. "Cover your eye's" He offered to Hana as he feed Fuuton to his fan as he closed his own sky blues. "Fūsajin no Jutsu [Dust Wind Technique]" He rose his fan and used the chakra he gathered to kick up the lose earth of the area. The words where more a meditate step. Once the dust covered the area the snow white vulpine ears moved about his head. as his fan snapped shut, he was trying to pick up the sounds one would make. Hers where calm collected like all his kin he could hear purpose. Once he was sure in his steps bare feet would move he made sure his steps where as quiet as he could make them. 

Nimble feet moved as he closed the distance he would swing his giant fan in a horizontal arc where the sound of his cousin was approximated. Hopefully she would hear the wind near her dissipate. The Iron flower was heavy fan. She would be fine he hoped. 

212(words)     

When veils drop(Sengo,Hana)Oct 20, 2022 11:09:12 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
Hana
Murahira

Against most opponents Sengo's plan would be a good one. The Murahira didn't always need their eyes to fight, and so in this case it wasn't going to be as useful, but it would put them to the test.

The only problem: Hana's ears were far more sensitive than Sengo's!

As soon as he began readying his fan, Hana put her plan into action. She began forming hand seals for a new technique, one that she wasn't as familiar with. One of their clan's genjutsu that replicated another of their techniques. In this instance, it would be perfect!

If it worked properly...

The dust Sengo would kick up would interfere with visuals, so she had to prepare the technique early and time it correctly. The genjutsu required he see her hand seals, so she made slowly and deliberately as he began to swing the fan and finished just as his technique activated.

"Kitsunebi: Hidama!" Hana shouted over the din of the roaring winds.

She did not need to yell the technique name quite like she did but hearing that she was using the technique would help trick Sengo into believing it was real, especially since she called it the real thing, not the false fire spirit!

As Sengo rushed forward, a bright blue fireball about the size of a basketball floated towards him. Its form was blobby and not truly convincing, but thanks to all the dust that might not matter. Hana's fake fireball would pass right through the fan - because it wasn't real - and slam into his chest but would otherwise do nothing. It had no physical form. It had no force behind it. No heat, no impact, nothing but something to trick him!

The real threat was Hana herself!

She'd try to take advantage of the distraction caused by her fake fireball and sent a clone created around a small cluster of makibishi - caltrops. The weapon clone rushed headlong into Sengo as if engaging him in taijutsu. She'd be easy to dispatch, though, but would leave behind a dozen or so tiny caltrops that drop to the ground.

He'd know, though. He'd hear them bounce off the hard dirt beneath their feet. They were blunted for training, so not too dangerous, but if he did not back away or tried to cross them, Hana would use another technique: great expansion!

One of the caltrops would grow to significantly larger sizes, creating meter long blunted spikes that might clobber her cousin senseless if they had weight behind them. She didn't want to injure him, so didn't use great weight to accompany the expansion.

She wouldn't bother unless he committed to it, though.

Hana, herself, just stood by and did her best to make little sound for the moment.

Technique(s) Used:
Kitsunebi: Nise Hidama [Fox Fire: False Fire Spirit]
Buki Bunshin no Jutsu [Weapon Clone Technique]
Conditionally:
Ōkina Kakuchō [Great Expansion]

TITLE:
When Vein Drops

TAGS:

WORDS: 436 Words [4/8 Posts]

last edit by Murahira Hana on Oct 20, 2022 11:10:50 GMT -5