Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]

compose a reply
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 15:13:11 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Trust

Azarea had, for the most part, heeded Toshizou's warnings to not allow herself to be too caught up with Shigure while they both still lingered in enemy territory. However the woman did not feel any particular need to hide today's dalliances when the Hyuuga had requested, of all things, that she come out to train with him by attempting to shoot him with barrier bullets. The fact she was being asked to do her damnedest to attempt to maim and maul the kinda sorta love of her life left her chakra twisting in confusion as the thought of him hurt hurt her in turn, but the knowledge that he trusted her enough to allow himself to be vulnerable knowing she would not actually do him any permanent harm warmed her heart.

Admittedly the emotions churning within Azarea's heart were confusing ones as the Kunoichi alighted down from the hill to one of the smaller private training grounds beyond Kuwana's walls. The woman's eyes warming from hard scarlet to a soft mulled wine as the sight of Shigure already there and waiting for her. "Are you certain you want me to do this Moonlight? The Barrier corps probably have a wider variety of techniques to offer besides my just one." She quips though lest Shigure returns to Konoha the only other person in the exams capable of using such jutsu was Urikohime.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 231 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 16:42:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"dodge this! or don't".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

WARMING UP

This had been a sort of selfish request, considering the fact that Azarea was there in preparation for the upcoming Chuunin Exams. Still, he hoped that the training would also turn out to be beneficial for her, helping her deal with chakra destroying techniques, even though those were extremely rare outside of the scope of the Hyuuga clan. In any case, he didn't trust anyone else to help him with the training, at least not many people who were readily available in Kuwana, especially considering the fact that he was still not entirely recovered from his injuries; but he did feel better than a few days ago, and according to Wahei, one more week and he would be mostly fine.

Unlike the previous Chuunin Exams, this one had private training grounds and that was quite the improvement, he had to admit. He arrived at the place earlier than their scheduled time and started warming up his body with some kata sets of the Gentle Fist, which he had been adapting to make better use of his now favoured technique: the Twin Lion Fist. His Byakugan was activated, as per usual, and he noticed Azarea's approach from far away. When the woman was finally close by, he would stop the practice in order to greet her. "Hey there, beautiful." he greeted her with a large, loving smile. Azarea, however, seemed a bit concerned, and asked if he was sure about it. "Of course. I trust you more than anyone... And to be fair, I'm not entirely healed yet. So I don't want anyone to see me struggling. Plus... I've been training this technique for a while, and I'm almost getting it to the state I want it to be." he said with a rather confident tone.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Taijutsu Training
Kuwana's Private Training Grounds
[]
[300 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 16:56:35 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Safety

"Ah I see~" Azarea sang out her expression softening as some of her worry melted away in favor of gentle teasing, "We wouldn't want the Kohai's of the Great Breaker of Chain's to see him struggling." She quips with a smile as she strides close leaning forward to gently bump her forehead against his own and press a kiss to the tip of his nose. "Don't worry I'll go gentle on you." Azarea jokes as they both know quite well that of the two of them Shigure was even while injured the more skilled combatant.

"Besides I've been working on trying to increase the speed of my seals. So this will be good practice." She muses giving him another little peck on the lips before moving to take her position about half way across the training field to give Shigure ample distance to work. "Are you feeling well enough for prolonged sustained jutsu?" Azarea questions squinting at him skeptically. It's clear she wants to believe him, but there's a healthy dose of womanly worry there in her concern that Shigure might be pushing himself too hard.

"And my stipulation for doing this is that you need to keep your hands away from your body. I'm going to aim predominantly at your fists so if something goes wrong the worst thing that happens is we need to get your hand healed instead of puncturing an organ." She adds her voice firm and unyielding on this. "Once you're doing better though I may have some more interesting techs to throw at you soon." She promises firm expression cracking just a touch with a smile.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:272 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 17, 2022 16:56:51 GMT -5
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 17:14:58 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"dodge this! or don't".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TWIN LION FIST

Shigure gazed away in embarrassment when she used a title similar to what some of the branch members had started to use to refer to him. "So you heard about that, uh?" he said, unable to hide the fact that it did make him a bir sheepish, but the smile returned the moment she have him a kiss on the tip of his nose, joking she would be gentle on him. Hearing that she was working on her hand seals gave him some solace, as he wanted this practice to be useful for her as well. "That is good! It will be helpful." he responded, feeling the soft touch of her lips on his before putting some distance in between them.

Out of concern, she would ask if he could sustain a technique for a long time and he nodded. "I can. I've been training this for a while. It will just be a bit painful, but like they say... No pain, no gain." he said. Her conditions were something he could agree to, so he gave her a firm nod. "I will be careful, but don't go too easy on me. I need to force my chakra." and as he said that, he closed his lids for a moment - even though he could still see because of the Byakugan - and then bright blue chakra erupted from his hands, its shape being transformed into two large lion heads. "Juho Soushiken!" he exclaimed as he fell into his fighting stance, the fists chakra trembling like flames. It was a rather intimidating sight, especially since she new that those fists were capable of destroying any chakra they touched.

His expression was quite serious, and he could feel the burning sensation from his tenketsus due to the intense chakra usage, but he had to power through. He had gone through this practice before, and he could sustain it well.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Taijutsu Training
Twin Lion Fist activated
[]
[322 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 17:33:59 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Bullets

"All right handsome. I promise I won't go easy on you all the same." Azarea agreed grinning brightly as the woman watched eyes wide with awe and hunger as Shigure's coils lit up. His tenketsu pouring flame like chakra from his fists to form the shape of two lions as the Hyuuga took a fighting stance. The spark of his determination lighting a flame all her own within Azarea's chest. As flicking through the short handseals in rapid succession Azarea forms and fires off three barrier bullets. The first two at Shigure's left fist, and the last one at his right. The jutsu shot with the same hard unerring accuracy he'd seen Azarea use to pull off long distance assassinations before and would no double use to do so in the future.

The Kumo nin juking to the side trying to force Shigure to spin to keep his fists in front of him though she made sure as she began prepping her next round of bullets that she kept her aim steady. Unwilling to risk accidentally clipping her love and sending him to the medics. It'd be incredibly awkward if she had to explain to Souma what had happened. Best case scenario Konoha had brought their own healers as while they had little reason to attack Kumo she worries the healing would not be painless or neat.

NAME: Kekkai: Dangan [Barrier: Bullet] x3
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: --
DESCRIPTION:
Compressing air into a very tiny barrier the size of a musket ball, the user fires it at great velocity towards the target, able to pass straight through a human body. However objects of higher density than it will certainly stop it, including certain thicknesses of wood, iron or steel.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 227 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 17:41:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

ROARING LIONS STANDING TALL

The bullets came his way, but he was ready. With half a step forward, his left fist throw the direction of the two bullets, as the head of the Lion lounged forward, mouth open to obliterate the two bullets as if they were nothing. With her sensory, she could probably perceive that not only the technique was blocked, but the chakra was completely obliterated by Shigure's Lion Fist, and the same thing happened with the third one, only this time he moved the other fist to intercept it, vanishing the chakra of the third bullet.

Not only was his technique quite the sight, with the flaming blue chakra standing with its imposing presence, his body moved at such a speed that it was hard to follow with the eyes. Shigure's boasted not only extreme agility, but his reflexes were also extremely sharp. He was a master at Taijutsu, and currently, one of the strongest in his entire clan, at least in terms of the use of the Gentle Fist and its techniques. "Told ya. I'm doing okay!" he tried to reassure her, even though his arms were burning as he sustained the technique there, albeit not as much as before.

It was good to be feeling more back to normal, but he knew that he couldn't really overdo it. Hopefully, his body would allow him to get a good training out of this session, and he was determined to push it to his absolute limit.

Taijutsu Training
Destroys attacks with Twin Lion, sustains it.
[]
[255 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 18:41:12 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Pushing Limits

"Don't get too cocky Shigure~!" Azarea calls back to him playfully as she pushes the speed of her handseals flying through the combination for the barrier bullet over and over and over again as she sends another two chakra laden orbs flying one at each of his fists. Before she spits the last one up above his head aiming to turning the exercise into a skeet shoot of sort for the Hyuuga to test his ability to wield the technique at odd angles while still avoiding center mass.

"After all my Ninjutsu arsenal might be a bit sparse right now but I'm no slouch in making use of it." She argues with a playful grin forming a fourth barrier bullet as she spits it towards the ground at his feet. "Though if you like I could always crank our training up to hard mode if you're wanting to push your limits." Azarea adds as she focuses her senses on Shigure's arms and coils trying to gauge if he appeared to be in any excessive amounts of pain. Ready to pull back on her efforts a bit if the man appeared to be struggling or straining beyond what he could handle. By now he should be able to manage some softer foods and she had every intention of using their small snatches of private time together to spoil him when she could. Especially given that upon the completition of the exams the chances for her to do so would doubtlessly become far more limited as he was insulated by his clan.

NAME: Kekkai: Dangan [Barrier: Bullet]x4
DESCRIPTION:

Compressing air into a very tiny barrier the size of a musket ball, the user fires it at great velocity towards the target, able to pass straight through a human body. However objects of higher density than it will certainly stop it, including certain thicknesses of wood, iron or steel.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 260 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 18:50:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

TO ENDURE

Shigure widened his smirk when she told him not to get cocky, before waiving another set of quick hand seals and firing more of the bullets at him. The first two were easy to deal with, while the other one forced him to push his body more in order to adjust to the angle, pushing the Lion to obliterate the next one. He was getting used to the constant flow of chakra required to sustain the technique, and it helped that his body was strong and agile enough to keep up and turn even without any momentum.

The one that came to his feet would be intercepted by stretching the Lion Fist. This technique was quite versatile in which it also increased the range of his Gentle Fist attacks and techniques, making him able to fight at a weapon user's ranger, which was quite advantageous for a taijutsu user.

The chakra on his arms continued to flow, replenishing the technique as its chakra was used to destroy the projectiles. It had become easier to do so when compared to the first few times he tried it, to the point it was less draining on his chakra reserves. It came from his impecable chakra control. To use the bare minimum in order to sustain the technique for long periods of time would allow him to fight many opponents, or sustain intense assaults.

Pain was there, of course, as his tenketsus had been injured by Urashi, but not enough that put him through any sort of major pain. It was more on the low to moderate, depending on how much he moved. But he could still keep this up for a while now. "It's feeling quite natural, and the burning sensation on my tenketsus is almost gone." that last part was stretching a bit, but it was what he wanted to believe.

Taijutsu Training
Keeping up the Twin Lion Fist.
[]
[317 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 19:09:17 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Range

"You don't seem to be struggling to maintain it as much," Azarea agreed though she looked rather skeptical of Shigure's claims that the burning had mostly ceased. The way his chakra rippled in low grade pain enough to have her eyebrows arching, but the red head doesn't call him out on the little white lie knowing how important it was for Shigure to overcome this and improve. "All right I'm going to test your range now." She warns and shifts her attacks from being mixed between his fists and at large to entirely around him. Forcing him to extend his lions fists as she flashes through the seals pushing her own speed to form four more barrier bullets.

This time shooting one to the left, one to his right, One between his ankles, and the last a good six feet above his head curious of the limits of his techniques range. It appeared to give him about the reach of a katana, but the chakra flickered and moved so Azarea wasn't willing to rule out the Shigure couldn't push the limits on how far it could stretch. Allowing him to hopefully take out attacks further afield and surprise his opponents.

NAME: Kekkai: Dangan [Barrier: Bullet] x4
DESCRIPTION:

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 200 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 22:15:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

STRETCHING UP

He shook his head. "I'm fine. We can keep going." his tone giving her no signs of doubt in his heart. Shigure stood fast, ready for what she had in stock for him. He wasn't aware of how deeply her new technique could read his emotions, and he had indeed claimed he was fine because it was within his nature to not give up easily. He had to overcome his injuries at some point, and it would involve having to deal with the painful path of recovery, one way or the other. He nodded when she said she would be testing his range now.

ANother four bullets came his way, one to his left, which he quickly dashed towards, hitting it with one of his fists, then immediately turning to the other side, no momentum wasted to shift his movement, and getting to the other one. Crouching and bringing his hands close together in front of him, he got the one that originally came in between his ankles, before using the impulse to leap up in the air, and stretch one of the Lions to its limit, reaching just about the range of the last one of them, before landing back on the ground.

The lions flickered for a but a fleeting moment, prompting the young Hyuuga to grit his teeth as a sudden jolt of pain quickly hit his body before going away, allowing him to focus his chakra, channeling it through his pathway system once more, so that he could sustain the technique. His eyes would reach out to Azarea's red orbs and he would give her a smirk, even though his breathe was a tad bit laboured now.

Taijutsu Training
Uses the technique to get to all four bullets, focus chakra to sustain it.
[]
[296 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Oct 17, 2022 22:20:50 GMT -5
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 22:38:31 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

The Way To a Man's Heart

The flickering of his technique catches her attention as well as the pain that lances through Shigure's signature. Azarea stepping forward before she is even aware of her actions ready to dismiss her technique in case things went awry and the Hyuuga took a bullet to the hand. While it was still better then center mass, she didn't want to see Shigure's hands bloody and broken even if she knew well that those bandages hid countless scars.

"Do you still want to continue Shigure?" Azarea questioned meeting his smirk with a small worried smile a furrow of concern between her brows and her gaze searching his face for any flicker of pain that might slip through his emotional mask. "We can push and see how you handle fighting blind or under genjutsu or we can continue where we were before with easier blocking." She offers willing to respect whichever choice he chooses, but wanting him to know she was likewise here to support him.

"I brought beer cheese soup today and fresh bread. There's hot apple cider too." Azarea coaxes wanting to offer him a graceful out if his injuries were taxing him. "Can always take a break for food and then try some more on a full stomach."

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 209 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 22:46:21 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this!or don't".

TWIN LIONS CRUMBLING ATTACK

The pain had stung him for a moment there, yes, but it had since subdued to a more manageable amount and when she asked if he wanted to continue, he nodded with quite the determined look on his face. "Yes, please. I'm not done yet." he said. He understood she was concerned, but he wasn't going to back down just yet. He was finally getting used to the technique, regardless of the pain in his body, and the burning sensation on his tenketsus from the injuries. If he could do this in this state, this would be much easier once he had fully healed. "Step it up a notch. I want to push myself to my limits. And then... Hehehe... Then we can eat!" he said, with a wider smirk in his face.

His Byakugan continued activated, and the intense flame of his chakra started to change to purple, as he increased the size and sheer power behind the lions even more, taking it to the next step. Hakke Sōjishi Hōgeki!" he said, as he transformed the lions into its advanced version. The burning intensified, but he resisted it to the best of his capabilities. He was going to succeed in keeping this technique up, like he didn't when he fought against Nine-Tails chakra Miroru.

Taijutsu Training
Uses Twin Lions Crumbling Attack, maintaining chakra flow
[]
[228 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 23:03:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Endless Night

"All right Shigure. Remember trust your instincts." Azarea murmurs bringing her hands up into the first seal as the Hyuuga readied himself for her assault. "And trust in me." The Kumo nin murmurs just loud enough to reach his ears over the roar of his own blood and chakra.

As Shigure's world goes dark. His sight rendered completely blind. The vibrant landscape of chakra that had once spread out before him nothing more then an endless black plain so dense and absolute that no amount of straining perceived any light. He could feel the chakra pumping to his doujuts, his eyelids blinking, but there was nothing to see. The shock of it all likely his greatest challenge in not only keeping his composure, but also maintaining his jutsu through the shock of his sudden loss of sight.

"Don't hesitate," Azarea coaxed as she quickly flicked through a second set of seals as she gathered chakra onto the tip of her tongue readying her next attack. Should Shigure concentrate he'd be able to hear the whistle of air as the barrier bullet cut through the sky towards him. Though rather then flail blindly Azarea hoped Shigure had noticed what she had. That with his technique blazing so wide and bright... he didn't need to dodge or lash out when his lions made the perfect natural shield with a bit more application of his chakra.

NAME: Kokuangyo no Jutsu [Bringer of Darkness Technique]
OWNERS: -- | --
TRAINED: -- | --
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Low cont.]
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
TRIGGER: 1 Handseal
DESCRIPTION:

This technique exerts a hallucinatory effect upon the eyesight, effectively blinding the opponent. No matter how skilled an opponent may be, they are forced to wait helpless in this world of darkness, as this technique allows the user to attack unseen [unable to kai]. Although it negates sight, it does not stop the other senses. It should be noted that this technique, unlike some other genjutsu can no be broken through with doujutsu. Due to the nature of the technique in which it prevents the brain from registering data transmitted from the eye, it makes the previously mentioned doujutsu useless.

AME: Kekkai: Dangan [Barrier: Bullet] x1
DESCRIPTION:

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 233|
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 23:09:53 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

OLD LESSONS, NEW LEARNING

Suddenly, his whole world became dark, and even though he had the Byakugan activated, he couldn't see anything. "What is this?! Genjutsu?! But there shouldn't be any genjutsu that can block my eyes... Right?!" and as he focused on his circulation and tried sending a burst of chakra out of his head, to try and break from the genjutsu, he realized this one was quite special, and as such, he was not going to be able to break out of it. He grit his teeth, relaxing his eyes and returning it to the dormant state; no point in keeping the Byakugan activated if it was not going to work. He was completely blinded, yes, but he had at least learned not to rely entirely on his Byakugan while fighting Arashi.

With a deep breathe, he kept control over his chakra, and the lions, although they flickered the moment his sight was gone, endured and stood strong. He would use what he had learned with Tomomi, concentrate on expanding his chakra, expelling it from his tenketsus like only Hyuugas could, creating a sort of blanked of chakra around his body. The area was neglectable, but it would help him at least be able to react to attacks without any notion of what to do.

He controlled his breathing, and when the bullet came his way, touching that rudimentary sensory area, together with the noise it made, he would just move both his hands on that direction, letting the Twin Lions destroy it before it could hit him. The success would make the smile return to his face. "I... I did it!" he said, in a mix of surprise and pride.

Taijutsu Training
After getting sight obfuscated, uses rudimentary sensory and hearing to defend from attack, blocking with the Twin Lions Crumbling Attack and sustaining it
[]
[305 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 17, 2022 23:30:22 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Success

"You got it!" Azarea called out voice rising in a cheer as she watched Shigure evaporate her technique mid air. The Hyuuga unable to remove her genjutsu from his mind, but fighting through the blindness to still succeed. An excellent test all things considered not only for his skills, but for Azarea utilizing the technique on other doujutsu users should it come up in the future.

And the man's reward was the return of his sight. With the first thing his eyes would perceive was the red headed Kumo nin, her eyes bright with pride and love beaming back at him. Everything he was and everything he could be reflected in those scarlet eyes bright with confidence and concern. A warm juxtaposition of joy and worry as her smile turns sheepish. "I hope I didn't startle you too badly Moonlight." She murmurs voice gentle. The woman well aware how badly some shinobi take to being blinded. Specially those sensitive about their eyes. Had it been any other Hyuuga she might have expected them to fling themselves at her in fury, but she sensed no hostility in Shigure's chakra. As slowly Azarea crossed the distance between them. Her hand reaching out careful of the flames of his chakra to cup Shigure's cheek.

"I'm so proud of you." She murmurs hoping her words fill the void somewhat of the years he spent with nothing, but cold condescension for his efforts.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 238 |
                           POST NUMBER 500!!!!!
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 17, 2022 23:31:35 GMT -5

quick reply

compose a reply