Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]

compose a reply
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 18, 2022 9:17:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"dodge this! or don't".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

ALWAYS FORWARD

He was more than just his Byakugan, he was more than just his sight even. Shigure had been training hard, and dedicating all his life and soul to the path he had chosen: the path of the Shinobi. Even in regards to his clan, he was a Leaf shinobi first, and that was part of the reason why he was able to swim against the current, to face all the challenges ahead, so that his clansmen, fellow Leaf shinobi, could have the freedom they deserved. No shinobi should be enslaved by others, they were all equal, or at the very least, deserved to have equal opportunities in life.

Regardless, getting his sight back was a relief, and one that came with a sense of relaxation. The purple lion-shaped chakra around his hands diminished and faded away. He felt a little numb there, but that was to be expected. He would be feeling okay, if not for the injuries, but those would be completely healed sooner rather than later. "It was insane! I never though there was a genjutsu that could block my Byakugan." he admitted, and his tone was both impressed and a healthy dose of scared. Azarea had some nasty tricks up her sleeve, and if people underestimated solely based on her rank, they would be in a sea of trouble. Hearing she was proud of him flared up his cheeks. Again, hearing those words were not something that happened very often. "... Still not used to hearing that, ya know? Thank you for the help. I think I got this figured out now." he nodded.

The technique was very useful, and with his added mastery over it, the Twin Lion Fist, and the Twin Lion Crumbling Attack would definitely become one of his aces; if not his main one.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Taijutsu Training
Finishes using the technique.
[]
[305 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Oct 18, 2022 9:18:23 GMT -5
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 18, 2022 16:19:58 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Picnic

Lifting her other hand to join the first Azarea cupped Shigure's face. Her thumbs gently kneading the muscles around his eyes where his doujutsu had strained them with it's use. The red head leaning forward to boop her forehead against his own with a smile. In a way it was just them now. Azarea had her Aunty Kizumi and she hadn't given up hope on Riku, but Toshizou and Tsukimono were like passing winds coming in and out of her life. Likewise Shigure had his clan and his little sister, but with the loss of his Father and Mother she suspects the relationships there have changed or soured in their own ways. Neither could afford to appear weak to outsiders, but in private moments like this they at least had one another to lean on. "Thank you Handsome." She murmurs her own cheeks coloring with a flush at his compliments. That particular genjutsu holding a greater sentimental meaning to her then many.

"Your Lion's fists are beautiful. I can't wait to see them in action once we're back out on missions together." Azarea quips a smile soft and joyful tugging at her lips as she presses a kiss to his forehead. "Buuuut I did promise the reigning champion here some actual food. I made beer cheese soup this time and bought out the bakeries nearly entire stock of bread rolls." She jokes stepping back briefly to grab her bag and open it up to reveal she wasn't entirely wrong. The woman knowing well that after so long on a purely liquid died even just soft bread dipped in soup was going to be a luxury to Shigure. As settling down on the ground Azarea pulled out a large container of soup, two bowls, spoons, cups, and a big thermos of hot apple cider and began setting up their little makeshift picnic.

Because while Azarea would never hesitate to tell Shigure she loved him. She preferred to show it time and time again in more then just words.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 337 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 19, 2022 17:04:51 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"dodge this! or don't".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

ITADAKIMASU

As she kneeded the muscles around his eyes, they would eventually relax, veins fading away as his eyes return to the empty white of the dormant state of the Byakugan. Shigure closed his eyes when their foreheads booped against one another, and his hands also reached for her face, holding it dearly for a moment. He was flustered when she complimented his technique, and his smile widened. "It was my uncle's favourite technique. Natsuo, I mean. And I'm happy to be able to make them my own now." he said, remembering his uncle and sensei fondly. He missed the man a lot, he was the father he never truly had, and through his effort - and sacrifice - he managed to bring his executor to justice.

At the mention of food, his stomach grumbled loudly in anticipation, and Shigure laughed, his eyes sparkling in excitement as she announced the menu. When Azarea got up to grab it, Shigure grabbed one scroll from his flak jacket and opened it, unsealing its contents. "I made us some mochis for desert. There's vanilla, strawberry, sesame, and green tea." he said as the bowl filled with the small treats appeared in a poof of smoke. They were soft and chewy enough so that he could eat them without much issue.

After grabbing the bowl of soup, he would clap his hands together. "Itadakimasu!" he exclaimed, turning to face his girlfriend with the excited smile that only appeared on his face just before eating. "It smells delicious!" he added, before confirming they were indeed amazing with his first bite. "Incredible! And delicious!"

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Taijutsu Training
Food time
[]
[267 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 19, 2022 17:20:53 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Legacy

"We've got this private training field for a few hours yet. So let's enjoy ourselves." Azarea quipped with a smile settling in at Shigure's side as she eyed the mochi clearly impressed, "Ohhh these are so pretty! And cute!" She murmurs picking a little white one up and holding it aloft as she closes one eye and lines it up in her vision next to Shigure's head and smiles.

"Almost as cute as the man who made them~" She flirts with a grin as she pops the little pre-lunch dessert into her mouth before breaking up her bread to dip into the soup with a hum. These little moments were the ones that kept her going. The soft sparks of joy and an otherwise sharp and hard life. Like the sunshine breaking through the clouds.

"I think if I had to say what technique was my signature it'd probably be Bringer of Darkness right now. I'd like to develop it further then even my Sensei did with time along with a few of his other techniques. I'm not a Kyuumu, but that clan has been immensely kind to me. So I want to learn them so should something befall Sensei I can pass them on to those members of his family that want to carry on his legacy." Azarea explains sharing those little moments of her past just as Shigure was willing to share with her about Natsuo. Her hand reaching out to take his and give it a gentle squeeze as she smiled.

"Actually I did bring one other surprise." She murmurs voice soft.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 265 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 19, 2022 17:41:35 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

TO BE PROUD

Indeed, they still had the training fields for a few hours, and Shigure's mind took him to a very specific place, which made him blush a bit, but he just nodded and smiled. "Indeed." his cheeks, however, would grow even redder when she complimented both his mochi and himself, prompting the man to gaze away and scratch the back of his neck. "You flatter me... I'm still not used to it. Not saying I don't like it though..." he admitted, in an almost a whisper, feeling the butterflies in his stomach going crazy. It felt good to be flirted with, especially when he knew that they were not just playing games, but truly cared deeply for one another.

While eating, the two would go on to talk about their techniques, and Azarea would name the one she used against him, and explain how much it meant to her. He didn't know much about Riku, other than the fact that he was the one to take her in and care for her before he stepped down from his position as Raikage. "I see Kyuumu-sama meant a lot to you. I have no doubt you will honour his legacy. He must be quite proud of you." he said, touching her thigh gently, and giving her a look of support. He felt her hand squeezing his and he responded to that by leaning toward her and softly kissing her neck. "And so am I." he whispered in her ear before adjusting himself and getting back to the delicious soup.

To his surprise, Azarea mentioned she brought another thing, sparkling his curiosity. "Oh, what is it?" he asked, curious.

Taijutsu Training
Kuwana's Training Grounds
[]
[280 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 19, 2022 18:01:06 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

A Wish of Safe Return

Azarea's smile turned sly at Shigure's blush her own cheeks heating to a pretty pink color in turn as she let her head come to rest on his shoulder. "I think Riku-Sensei would be more amused, but that's his own way of showing pride." She admits her fondness and loneliness for the odd bird man coloring her voice. Kumo had been too quiet without him, but she couldn't bear to clip the mans wings when he was born to fly.

Instead Azarea shifts her attention to the surprise she had prepared as she drew out two bracelets woven out of fine brightly colored thread. One of which was a pretty pattern of beige, red, and purple. The other a zig zagging relief of blue, red, and yellow. "We call these Wish Bracelets in Kumo." Azarea explains with a small smile, "You weave or buy one in your favorite colors and tie it around your lover's left wrist as a wish that they come home safely. If the bracelet breaks it means it's used up your wish to ensure their safe return." She elaborates as she reaches out to gently tie the red, blue, and yellow one around Shigure with a soft smile.

"I don't know if your favorite colors have changed since we were kids. So I went with what I remembered." Azarea adds a touch embarrassed and shy as she glances up at Shigure. She wanted to lie and say she'd just guessed right as remembering such little details made her sound almost obsessed after so many years, but Azarea had always possessed an excellent memory.

And as one of her first friends... those little things like Shigure's favorite color, his favorite food, the way he liked his tea, and how he preferred the bandages on his arms tucked when they were kids and he still needed help wrapping them... these little details had stayed with her. As she offers him the second bracelet to tie around her own left wrist. Hoping he would understand that while they couldn't be together openly yet this was a way they can carry one another with each other as far afield as they went.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 362 |
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 20, 2022 8:24:03 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

WHAT MY HEART WANTS

Shigure loved the feeling of Azarea's body against his, so when she rested her head on his shoulder, his arm went around her shoulders, holding her close to him. He could feel how much she liked and admired Riku, and it was sad that he was gone, but fortunately he was still alive, so maybe their paths would cross one another some time. But just as she came to his embrace, she drew out two bracelets, which instantly caught his attention. As she explained what they were, he immediately noticed the colours and his heart skipped a beat. His eyes widened, half the veins bulging, like it usually did when he was too flustered or too surprised by something and didn't know how to react. As she mentioned that she remembered his favourite colours, he, shyly nodded. "Red and blue... They make purple... And yellow is the colours of autumn..." he repeated the very same thing he said when he was a young boy, and as he said that, his eyes watered and a single tear drop rolled down his left eye.

A storm of emotions started inside of his heart, he felt overwhelmed, but not in a negative way. He never felt this loved or care about by anyone before. Sure, Natsuo was the father he never had, and his mother loved him, but they were all kept at a distance of sorts due to the cursed seal and the will of Urashi. They couldn't fight it, they just had to obey. Asuka had been raised away from him, and even though the two cared for one another, they were never allowed to be close. And now, since their parents died, they hadn't talked. He didn't know what would come of their relationship.

He was a lonely soul, one that always sought out to warmth in the ocean of darkness and cold, and only now he was able to feel it. As if a warm current had pierced through the gelid waters, and embraced his body, bringing with that a beacon of a sunrise. Another tear rolled down his face, he may have looked sad for a moment, btu that couldn't be further from the truth. Still, Shigure would suddenly get up, step a away from Azarea for a moment, before just as suddenly dropping down to his one knee, his hand reaching out to her hand. His watered eyes seeking for her red orbs, which had become the sun in his life.

"Aza-chan..." for the first time since they were children, he called her that. "I don't want anyone, but Aza-chan!" he shut his eyes close, shaking his head and shouting his words, the very same words he had uttered at the top of his lungs, wailing at his father, only to be smacked right on the face and dragged by his hair. "It is you... It has always been you. I love you... So damn much... But I don't want to be your boyfriend..." he said as he slowly opened his eyes, staring deep into hers, seeking for her very soul. "I want you to be with me forever. I want you to be my wife, if you will have me." it was a sudden proposal, moved by emotion, but not any less sincere, not any less committed. Shigure had been raised to deny his own heart, but he never allowed them to place it in a cage.

The price of freedom is steep, but for them? He would pay it a million times over.

Proposal
What happens in Kuwana...
[]
[601 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 20, 2022 17:12:50 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

The Only Thing I Ever Asked For

"Still such a crybaby..." Azarea murmured words choked and strained by emotion as she smiles back at Shigure lifting her arm to wipe away his tears with her sleeve even as her own form on her lashes. Her fingers dancing over the bracelet on his wrist the sight of it leaving her heart overflowing with more emotion then it could ever hope to hold. The fact he remembered her favorite colors and why... She has to bite her lower lip to keep it from trembling as she sniffles loudly. Trying and failing badly not to join Shigure in his happy tears. It'd always been like that. He'd start up and then she'd shortly follow.

"Where would I go without Shigu-kun?" Azarea murmured throwing her arms about Shigure's neck as she kissed him. Her forehead coming to rest against his own their tears mingling as she smiles back at him joyful beyond words. She couldn't remember well what had happened after Urashi had struck Shigure only that something inside her had snapped. The memory a chaotic mess of the screams of the other little girls, Urashi's cursing, and the taste of blood in her mouth. Though that was probably due to the concussion of being kicked across the room. She hoped the man's ankle fucking scarred so every time he put on his sandals he remembered she'd made him bleed and drowned in the embarrassment.

"Of course I'll marry you." She promised, soft, and low, and firm like a prayer as she kissed him. He'd been the only thing she'd ever braved Hiroshi's ire to ask for. 'Your engagement has already been set. You will be marrying into the Inuzuka.' The man had emotionlessly intoned, even anger no longer an emotion worth wasting on her by him. It had been the first time she'd ever lost control of her hive. But now she was free. Her price like Shigure's paid in blood and with time she would earn the right to stand beside him proudly.

"You'd better tie your bracelet onto my wrist well. Since it's never coming off." Azarea teases gently nuzzling her nose against his own.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 357|
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 20, 2022 18:48:01 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"dodge this! or don't".

I'M YOURS

He couldn't even deny he was a crybaby, because that was true. Ever since he was a child, much to his father's dismay. But right now, his heart was so overwhelmed by his emotions, by his love for Azarea, that he couldn't contain it. But the tears, they were filled with joy, a joy that was completely new to him. It wasn't easy to allow himself to be happy, he was not raised to even consider those emotions. The Hyuuga clan was bound by duty and dogma, and he was breaking out of all of it. It wasn't easy, not at all, but entirely worth it, for he had found within his heart a strength he didn't even know he had, one that made him feel like he could move mountains.

When she said yes, he gasped, unable to even slow down the tears that came pouring down his eyes. The smile was the happiest he ever had, and he got up from his knee so that he could hold Azarea in his arms. They both had broken out of their chains, torn the bars containing them, strayed out of the path that had been laid out for them. Cupping her face with both his hands, thumbs kneading gently on her cheeks, he nuzzled his nose against hers in response, nodding after when she told him to tie the bracelet well. "I'm so happy. I'm the happiest man in the world! I'm yours, Aza-chan. And I will be yours forever." he said as he leaned forward, mouth open for a passionate kiss. He could barely contain the fire inside of his heart now, for he had finally been able to make the choice he committed to when he was a child with dreams of freedom.

Proposal
<3
[]
[296 words]
Dodge This! Or Don't. [Training]Oct 20, 2022 19:49:34 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Idiots in Love

Curling into his arms Azarea laughed, a wet, but joyful sound as she held him close and was held close in turn. Reality later on would creep in like a frost on silent cat's feet, but for now they were warm in each other's embrace. The world and future theirs, and the days ahead so bright it risked blinding them. It would take time to win over his clan and to recover that which was taken from her, but if it meant whiling away idyllic days waking up next to Shigure each morning then there was nothing Azarea would not do.

"I love you Shigu-kun," She whispers in his ear the childish names they'd long since outgrown tickling her heart like fluttering birds wings. "I think I always have." As tugging Shigure back down onto the grass they lay there curled against one another beneath an open sky smiling like two idiots in love.

Because that's what they were.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |

quick reply

compose a reply