Not So Train'd (Natsuo)

compose a reply
Not So Train'd (Natsuo)Oct 18, 2022 13:31:55 GMT -5
Ha Chuya
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ha Chuya Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 144 years old birthday 6/20 rank Elite Jounin occupation Weapon

Is it nepotism to be allowed the right of powerful weapon purely through relation? Surely not. However the sharkette in waiting for Natsuo couldn't help shaking the thought, she didn't think she trained him due to Kizumi either. Not that there wasn't credit to go to her meister, past student and present Raikage. Chuya had a good idea of prime pupils, she'd not be working with the boy if he wasn't worthy of her greatness. Granted her own opinion was muddled by her inherent childishness. The downfall of a Densetsu, but it'd make her a more confident head. So this whole nep-nep business was nothing.

However there'd been an agreeance of meeting to train this afternoon. Sure, she arrived right at noon, but time had passed since her arrival. So where was her student, how would they become a dynamic duo with this tardiness!? The small child sized shinobi stood alone in small training field on the west side of town. Her form was odd with her shark tail and white hair, her hands empty as she'd be the only weapon needed. At least that's how she felt, there'd be a certain level of offenses if the Jokyo wouldn't do the same.

Allowing the sharkette to question silly things and to make her weight excessive seconds and minutes past the noon. Natsuo would be in a lot of trouble, if Chuya had the energy or ability to be truly intimidating. She'd put on her best serious face though, standing straight and without the slightest flinching as she waited. Her eyes not even blinking as she just stared a whole through the training ground entrance.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Yoshiko has written 30 posts
Not So Train'd (Natsuo)Oct 19, 2022 19:59:14 GMT -5
Natsuo Jokyū
Natsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 02/02 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team 2
Being late to a training session was extremely uncommon for Natsuo. However, he had been at a different training session earlier that day, learning water walking with his teammate and sensei. He already knew that he was gonna be getting an earful from Chuya, already running so late without even gathering his gear yet. The main downside of having multiple weapons, having to prepare everything again after certain types of trainings. 

He remembered his first time meeting the shark girl. It wasn't anything too special. His sensei had introduced them, noting that Chuya could help Natsuo much more than his teammates or sensei. A different sensei than his current one, of course. By now, he was a lot more used to wielding her as a weapon. Even having a spot to put her trident form if need be. 

He arrived about thirty minutes late, quickly feeling nervous for a multitude of reasons. Reason one: He had other weapons on him, which might offend Chuya since she insisted on being the only weapon he needed. Reason two: Chuya had been waiting for thirty minutes, with no explanation on why he had been late. He quickly approached her, a nervous smile on his face, "Sorry I'm so late! I had another training early in the morning with my team. Can't exactly tell my sensei no, ya know? Give me just a second and we'll get right to it though!" He would say as he laid his other weapons on the ground. 
Strikr123 has written 53 posts
Not So Train'd (Natsuo)Dec 13, 2022 15:41:33 GMT -5
Ha Chuya
Ha Chuya Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Natsuo was correct to expect that he'd be letting his weapon down. She was a legend and he'd been allowed the chance to wield her, he needed to show more respect towards her and pride in the fact he was given such a boon. The fact he was late could be overlooked, as she had all the time in the world. Furthermore he'd a mostly valid excuse, but she'd still grin with a way to poke holes in it. "Well why didn't you invite me to that training? You brought your other weapons right?" Chuya wouldn't display the slight rage keeping her from excitedly greeting him, but she'd know her place as the sensei was to teach. So maybe her words would be a lesson.

The thing that really peeved Chuya was this boy bringing all this other stuff and pausing even the start of their training to organize it. "Right-right, you won't be needing those for this training session. If you could please leave those there and go over to the training dummy right there..." She'd direct Natsuo with a pleasant tone, seeming to have forgiven him immediately of sorts. At least her tone would deceive in that manner, but as he'd take the order and move over to the training dummy. She'd move her way over to pile of weapons he'd just left behind.

"Alright for our first lesson today, you're gonna practice dodging without the use of your magnet release ALRIGHT?!" She'd ask without giving Natsuo much preparation, as she'd immediately pick up a weapon and wind up a throw. She lacked strength to deliver something truly threatening, but her skill with a spear like weapon was hard to match. He'd be able to pick up much from observing the technique used to cast weapons upon. That stated she didn't give much time between the warning and throwing, before she'd grab another weapon to throw at him. He'd need to be on his feet to avoid accidental cuts, especially within the enclosed space of the training field.

"Make sure you're watching my throwing technique, but not getting hit! If you can dodge a weapon, then you'll be more likely to recover it later for your own use." Chuya would teasingly explain, as she'd begin to relieve her stress through the activity of spear chucking. This wasn't actually the lesson she had in mind, but it'd be a fun way to start the day.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.

Not So Train'd (Natsuo)Jan 13, 2023 5:49:18 GMT -5
Natsuo Jokyū
Natsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Surprisingly, Chuya wasn't really angry at him for being late. She seemed more agitated that he didn't bring his strongest weapon with him. "Oh, I uh." He took a second to regain his composure. "I didn't bring all of my weapons, just my cleavers. I left my sword at home because I figured it wasn't going to be a weapon training thing. Plus, Eitama-sensei said not to bring too much. I brought my weapons to this training because we do a lot more weapon stuff!" Throwing his sensei under the bus wasn't his normal style, but if Chuya got mad, he didn't want to be on the receiving end of that anger. 

Natsuo did as Chuya instructed once he had placed his other weapons on the ground. He was a little confused with why Chuya hadn't turned into a trident yet though. He didn't expect her to go pick up his weapons though, "Hey, careful! Those cleavers are a gift from Aunt Kizumi! She'll kill me if I let someone else use them!" He'd plead with Chuya. She seemed to not have any intent on listening though, as she explained what the first lesson of the day was. He was to practice dodging his own weapons without the use of his magnet release. 

Without much time to comprehend her statement, she immediately threw a weapon at the boy in a spear-like motion. Natsuo was quick on his feet, thankfully, as he dodged to the left of where it landed. "Hey! Are you actually trying to injure me Chuya! I said I was sorry!" The boy continued to plead but based on her next statement she wasn't just angry. She wanted to show him her throwing technique as well as make him dodge the miscellaneous blades. If he could dodge a weapon, he could also use it later. More spears were continually thrown, With Natsuo now focused on Chuya's throwing technique. He dodged as best he could, but Chuya still managed to give him a couple cuts.
Not So Train'd (Natsuo)Feb 17, 2023 12:51:30 GMT -5
Ha Chuya
Ha Chuya Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Chuya wasn't really the type to tire due to her form, but she'd lose interest in targeting her student a bit over halfway through his armament. She'd quickly slide her hands together as though dusting them off, if she'd had gripping chalk it'd of made more sense. The last time she'd thrown so many weapons consecutively it'd been a competition with such powder provided. It felt cool back then, so she'd kind of hoped it'd look cool now. A grin upon her face, as she'd show off her sharp shark teeth. "I lack the same might as a shinobi, so keep those scratches in mind. You'll want to put forth more hustle, gain a better prediction of your opponents potential ability and have a potential back to the dodge."

She'd figure the genin would be capable of pushing himself a bit further, he wasn't exactly the most built or fit of his class. His arts impart ninjutsu orientated simply meant he wasn't as able or used to overexertion. In a panic and with the right adrenaline it was a lot easier to muster, but a good warrior could call upon it in a moments notice. Mimic it in the practice of training. The more Natsuo trained with Chuya the more he should know her exact powers and limitations. Though they'd arguably done more collaboratively than one on one exercises. This really was a mix of punishment and lesson, but she'd try to hide the first more and more.

"Alright start recovering your weapons and with the same technique attempt to hit me." It'd be super limiting to force him into one style of throw, but it'd help sell the idea this was truly part the lesson. Give more value to her having thrown the spears first, she'd now just need to somehow tie this into the actual lesson they'd be learning. What was the technique she'd actually picked out for them to learn? Her own confusion cause her to give a little giggle, as she had the momentary joy of laughing at herself.

Words. --
Tags
Notes.

Not So Train'd (Natsuo)May 8, 2023 5:36:27 GMT -5
Natsuo Jokyū
Natsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
As Chuya instructed him further, giving him permission to steal the weapons now, the boy grinned. He was, by no means, the strongest or fastest of his group of genin. He was, however, really good when it came to using other people strengths to his advantage. As well as making use of everything in his arsenal. In the time between Chuya's instructions and her next throw, the boy grabbed a single kunai from his right pouch and, while running to evade the weapons Chuya was throwing once again, cut a piece off his twenty-meter wire. 

Time to spring his plan into action. He gripped the wire with both hands and positioned himself under one of the spears. As soon as it got with arms-length, he knotted the wire around the grip of the weapon in order to stop it's momentum, maneuvering himself to dodge any other weapons that had been thrown. He had figured the point of this was to push him to his limit, so he went with something that did just that. "Step one, complete." He mumbled to himself before gripping the spear. "Now for step two." He grinned at Chuya, a fire in his eyes. Doing his best to dodge and weave, he pulled in closer to his teacher, ready for a close up spar.