Summon Strategies [Azarea]

compose a reply
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 0:58:13 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 271 | notes
Miroru hadn't slept super well, so she made a point of heading down to the training ground near the hotel sooner rather than later. She had a training session scheduled with Azarea here for after breakfast, but Miroru had been up so early she'd just grabbed a thermos with some miso soup and a couple onigiri and headed out on her own.

After enjoying breakfast among Iwagakure's amazing landscapes, Miroru hopped to her feet and dusted off her hands, swiping her thumb across a shuriken's edge and slapping her hand down, invoking her new favorite technique, the Summoning jutsu!

And then she did it again.

And again.

And yet again.

"AAAAAAAH!"

"Mwahahaha!"

"The skulk is triumphant!"

"Fear the skulk!"
"Stop moving, I'm trying to paint our victory..."

Voices, high-pitched and delighted, rang across the still-empty training ground by the time Azarea arrived. Upon stepping foot into the training grounds, she found Miroru.

Absolutely buried beneath small to tiny foxes. One was off to the side using a brush in its mouth to paint a portrait of their "victory" over Miroru; a tiny one was dancing on her forehead, waving a couple small sticks in triumph; a dark fox with black markings, barely eight inches tall, sat on her sternum looking as ferocious as he could. And beneath it all... Miroru, who was at least alive enough to lift a hand to wave from beneath the pile of orange and black fur.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 1 | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 1:08:23 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Summons

Azarea paused at the edge of the training ground. A familiar looking onigiri half stuck in her mouth and her hands tucked into her jacket pockets to ward off the crisp fall air. As the woman slowly tilted her head to one side blinking at the sight before her as she chewed, swallowed, and paused somewhat lost for words before finally. "Miroru-chan are you sure you're not a Uzumaki? How the hell are you not dead from chakra exhaustion sustaining this many summons?" Azarea questioned eyeing the multitude of foxes.

"At least I assume these are your summons? If they're not I've got a lot more questions." She adds squinting at the little creatures and glancing down at Miroru's hands looking for any telltale summoning cuts. Kids always did it on their fingers being silly as they where when a decent nick to the back of the hand where it wouldn't inhibit your jutsu would do just as well, but then again there was a reason no one ever corrected them on this. Enough bloody bandaged and unhealing fingertips were punishment in and of their own right to dissuade over summoning. As lifting her hand Azarea scratched the back of her head before sighing and wading in. Nudging the foxes aside gently with the sides of her boots as she bared her fangs at any of the creatures that looked too uppity making her dominance and willingness to be gentle so long as she wasn't pressed clear. Vulpines weren't canines, but they were close enough to understand a look of 'playtime is over' as Azarea tried to uncover her kohai.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 270 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 3:10:12 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 299 | notes
"Whah doff effawun afk iff ahm ahh Uhoomahkeh?!" Miroru rambled as Azarea scooched the Skulk off of her.

https://i.imgur.com/BDWqfCp.png

The biggest "fight" she got was from the second smallest, the little one with the sticks, who fenced her fingers with the sticks with dramatic yelps and giggles as she was shooed off. "Hey, you! No taking our captive! We defeated her fair and square!"

https://i.imgur.com/lGmCxL4.jpg

The larger one laying across her middle, rose with dignity and murmured to the others as if mothering them,- despite definitely not being much older, "Come, come, everyone off of poor Miroru. Yes, yes, she's been defeated, very good, Emi," she cooed as she coaxed the tiny one with sticks to the side.

https://i.imgur.com/zYAcgKr.jpg

The tiniest one stated gravely. "And she had better not forget her defeat,"
as he slid off her chest.

https://i.imgur.com/wZsQgLq.jpg

The largest got off her legs and sniffed delicately, moving over to nose at a couple pocketwatches nearby. "She's fine, miss, we were only smothering her for - two and a quarter minutes. No harm done!" Cheerful, kind, sweet, despite being nearly as big as Azarea herself.

https://i.imgur.com/TLdtIDd.jpg

The one off to the side just kept painting.

Miroru herself sat up as they all spread out behind her to face the new person as Miroru grinned awkwardly. "They're all- well, they answered when I called. I wouldn't call them MINE, per se."

"Really, she's more like ours. Since we won," The tiny Emi declared.

"Don't let our numbers impress you," murmured the painter softly after setting down the brush from his mouth. "We're the kits of the litter. It's not very hard to call us."

MISSIONS
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 3:26:06 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Gift

"Uh-huh..." Azarea drawled out skeptically, but it's clear she's indulging the litter. "You think you lot would be a little more wary. I know for a fact your realm is next to the dogs and the pug has a big mouth." She jokes as she opens her mouth wide to show her fangs and snaps them at them a few times playfully. "I'm sure he's told you that I eat summons for breakfast on-nom-nom. Got the teeth for it and everything." The red head teases though from her expression it's fairly obvious the woman's not actually going to eat them... probably.

"Sides everyone knows the summoner belongs to the summons." Azarea adds with a small yawn between training and other activities she hadn't been getting all that much sleep. Not to mention the one contract she'd been interested in seeing was proving incredibly illusive much to the woman's chagrin and irritation. "So the Hokage let you sign the village contract huh? Congratulations Miroru-chan. Oh! That reminds me I got you a present while I was out. Since ah... I know the Uchiha can be a little... traditonal." She adds as she digs through her drop pouch for the books before passing them to Miroru. The novels currently wrapped in brown paper so as to not embarrass the girl.

"Might want to wait till you're back at your hotel room though," She adds. The help and health books the same three the nurses had thrown at her when they realized how woeful clan education could be on certain important principles. "Once you've gone over them come find me some time and I'll teach you a new jutsu." Azarea quips.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 278 |
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 3:34:29 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 235 | notes
"Pakkun is all bark and no bite! Or. Well. Minimal bite," muttered Sadao, the tiny black kit.

"He's stronger than all of us, you know," reprimanded the one with the lantern on her tail.

"Not stronger than meeeeee~!" cried Emi, the one with the sticks.

A collective gasp sounded from- well, the smaller three at the summons for breakfast comment. They, at least, were small enough to believably end up a scooby snack. "WHA?! MIRORU-CHAN, HELP!" The two larger foxes just chuckle and curl up the semi-panicked kits in their tails.

"He did! I could have signed with the eagles, too, but they didn't sound as... um, cuddly," admitted the teenaged redhead.

"Eh? Traditional?" Miroru asked, looking the bundled books over briefly, before accepting the instruction to check them out later.

"What about right now, though? Are you working on anything we can help with?" asked the Genin, squirming to her feet. "Or do you just wanna do some training in general, maybe?" Miroru's tone was hopeful, clearly interested in spending some time with the other competitor. "We could spar, or you could help me do some drills with the kits- I'm trying to develop some strategies for working with them in the field!"

MISSIONS
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 3:53:44 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Teamwork

"Hmm well I guess I can help you run some drills. I'll admit I'm familiar with summons and summoning, but I've been banned from more contracts then I've ever actually put my hands on." She admits with a loose good natured shrug as if to say 'what can yeah do?' Sometimes life just worked out that way. "Sides my chakra control is excellent, but I'll probably never be the biggest hitter when it comes to summoning so I suppose it's no major loss." Azarea muses with a shake of her head.

"But I could help you and the foxes do some team building games and the like. They'll need to reply on you as their leader so it'd be best to get a feel for working with one another first and games have easy rules to follow to help that along." She adds her expression thoughtful. Really having an outside referee would be wise since the kits already seemed playful, but a bit skeptical of Miroru's command.

"And don't let Shigure's eagles hear you say that. They think they're quite cute and cool." Azarea teases already able to picture in her minds eye how the birds would fluff and puff up at such a statement.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:205 |
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 18:43:35 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 229 | notes
"Yayyyy!" The smallest kits celebrate at the news that they'll get to train with this new person. The older ones tilt their heads, puzzled at the last bit. "Banned? How? Did you do something to anger the summon tribe? Or have a falling out with the clan possesing the contracts?"

"Oh. Is chakra a major concern when it comes to summoning?"

All the foxes turn to blink at the clueless Miroru, who clearly was not given much instruction beyond the technique itself. But with Azarea volunteering to handle this education, the foxes look to her first before pouncing on that education.

"Ah! A tactical leader, yes~" Miroru chimes, rubbing her chin proudly. "It'll be just like leading the Justice Scouts again! Except the vulpine division!" Emi waves her sticks and cheers to be included!

"Oh, I'm sure they're adorable, but I've never seen anyone snuggle an eagle!" Miroru protested.

"Soooo, what sort of game should we play as practice?" The redhead inquires as the foxes move to settle around where she's sitting, Emi crawling into her lap shamelessly as Sadao clambers up her back to perch on her shoulder. "Tag? Hide and seek? What's a good team exercise?"

MISSIONS
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 19:02:56 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Education

"Both really," Azarea quips with a loose shrug, "I'm not a legitimate child so I can't sign any contracts related to my Mother's clan and my Father's clan contract I believe are a bit too wary of me even if I would be allowed to sign it, which I can't, as I'm not a member of Konoha." Azarea explains her tone business like as she lays out the issue. Doing her best to restrain a grimace at Miroru's lack of education. The woman briefly pondering who just let the girl sign and run without explaining the most basics of basics.

"Yes chakra is a very large concern since you have to sustain the summons while they are in our world. Not to mention you have to give a bit of blood for each summon so you can actually die from blood loss if you call on too many summons at a time. Larger summons eat up a substantial amount of chakra also they are legally considered a part of you for the duration of their summoning so you will be responsible for any crimes or accidents they might commit or cause." She elaborates her tone patient as she settles down on a nearby rock making herself comfortable and assuming the 'teacher' tone Miroru had come to gradually recognize.

"Summons have their own chakra networks, but it's supplemented by the chakra you spend to call them here. Summons exists within their own realms and homes, but you will occasionally run into one that's slipped into our own whom you can contract with. Families that have been contracted with the same summons for generations tend to take on some of their traits and there are rumors that there are rituals that can be performed to turn a summons into a human or a human into the same animals as their summons. Some contracts even have clauses that when their signers perish their souls will be reincarnated as a new summons, but no one knows for certain if this actually happens." Azarea explains as she hooks her mouth with one finger pulling her lips back and gesturing to her fangs before releasing herself.

"The Hatakes and Inuzuka are rumored to both be descended from Wolf summons with the Inuzuka's ninken believed to be descended from wolf summons that chose to stay in our world permanently and the Hatake branching away later on and contracting with the dogs who chose to bond with humans and form their own contract, but didn't want to live with humankind on a full time basis. Given I'm not an accepted member fully of either clan I can't tell you how much or how little of this is true, but it's believed to be the reason why Inuzuka have sharper senses and the Hatake tend to have white chakra and the fangs like wolves, but have lost that keen feral edge due to working specifically with domesticated canines." The red head lectures giving Miroru a brief overview.

"It's likely if you and your children and childrens children remain contracted with the foxes you may take on some of their features. Now... as for the exercise! How about we play Three Blind Mice!" Azarea suggests with a grin.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 538 |
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 23:15:18 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 300 | notes
"Hrmph. Legitimate is a baloney word that's just used to play favorites with kids. It's awful. All my kids will be legitimate kids, and I'll fight anyone that tries to tell me otherwise," grumbled Miroru. "How come the ninken are wary of you? Did you kick a puppy or something? You don't seem the sort..."

Miroru listened closely as Azarea explained, nodding along. The explanation made perfect sense, of course, but as Azarea mentioned chakra being a very large concern, Emi waved her sticks. "As if chakra's ever gonna be a problem for our Mikki-chMMMMPH" The rest of the foxes pounced on her immediately, leaving her to mumble "Ohhhmph, rhhhht. Shrry." Only then did they let her up. "Er. I meant we will make sure she takes care that it does not become a problem! Is what I meant!"

The smaller redhead did pause and blink at one part. "Wait, I'll be responsible for any crimes or accidents?" Immediately, the foxes all glanced in different directions. "... you guys wouldn't get me in TROUBLE, WOULD YOU?!"

Cue four clashing whistled tunes of innocence.

The painting fox set his brush down and simply stated, "Totally would."

Miroru nodded sagely. "I would like to come back as a fox summon after I pass. The prankiest fox in the realm!"

At the bit about children and children's children, Emi opened her mouth to speak again, waving her sticks- and the others stared her into pointed silence. "Er... erk. N-never mind!"

Miroru, at least, perked up at the mention of the game! "Sure! Can you explain how to play? I don't think all of our friends know!"

MISSIONS
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 20, 2022 17:25:32 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Three Blind Mice

As the little fox opens their mouth when the topic of descendants come up Azarea shoots them a firm glance, "I'm talking theoretically here. Some shinobi like to know if their grandkids god forbid are going to be born with gills or shark teeth and the like." Azarea points out before settling in to explain the game.

"All right 'Three Blind Mice' is a bit like advanced follow the leader. The 'lead mouse' aka Miroru is the only one who can hear, see, and talk. Their 'followers' aka the foxes will for the first round keep their eyes closed and Miroru will have to direct you guys in a series of tasks. Once you succeed then we start over and this time you'll stuff your ears with cotton so you can't hear. Then again where you'll stay silent. Then the final round we split you up between blind, deaf, and mute. If you guys succeed you win!" Azarea lays out the rules with a grin.

"What do you guys think? I figured you'd like a little bit of a challenge." She quips and not to mention it would build the foxes trust in Miroru and teach them to work as a team.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:202  |
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 20, 2022 22:13:45 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
Emi glanced nervously between the other foxes as Azarea explained what she'd meant and chirped up nervously. "O-oh! I understand what you mean now! Funny thing, I've heard stories about people from YOUR village that look like they've done business with us! The... um... Mamahama? Mururura?"

The Skulk and their summoner tuned in for the explanation, nodding and contemplating the explanation as it's given, with the latter crossing her arms and nodding as she grasps the truth of the training. "Alright! So I gotta practice giving precise instructions, and this builds up that and their trust in me to guide them well! I understand!"

The smallest fox chimed in, though. "Excuse me. What sort of tasks do you have planned? They won't be demeaning, will they?"

The one bearing the lantern clucked her tongue. "Put your pride aside, Sadao. We are all working together. It's worth our time."

Miroru nods firmly. "Besides, no worries, kits. I've had LOTS of practice as a leader! I've been working with the Justice Scouts for ages!"

The painter chimed in drolly. "Yes. We know. Your antics were known all over the village, so of course we learned of them. The Bakenokawa were watching you most of the time, you realize."

Miroru's jaw dropped. "THEY WERE?! I never saw them!!!"

MISSIONS
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 20, 2022 23:18:44 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Task

"Yeah my teammate is from that clan, but I don't know much about them given he's not really deeply involved with his family," Azarea explains offering a little loose shrug, "And a lot of ninja clans have animal like features probably do to contract bleedover or maybe a summon turned human somewhere back up the family line." The Kumo nin mused.

"However no. None of the tasks will be demeaning." Azarea assures them as she gets up and grabs some vines carefully weaving them into a circle. "All right kits. Close your eyes." She instructs not wanting them to see and act for the game on memory as Azarea takes her hoop, channels some chakra into her feet and walks up a nearby tree to hang the vine circle on the lowest branch.

"All right Miroru you need to lead the foxes into getting this hoop from this branch and..." She hops down from the tree and walks across the training field to another one where she ties a bit of red thread to one of the low hanging branches. "Get them to hang it on this one." She instructs before hopping down. "The only rule is you yourself cannot touch or move the hoop Miroru. Go ahead and give it a go." Azarea encourages.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 215 |
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 20, 2022 23:30:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 325 | notes
Miroru blinked! "Wait, your teammate is a fox person?! How come you never-" She cut herself off and thought about it, finishing, "Well, it probably didn't come up. That makes sense. Plus you didn't know I was hanging out with foxes before!"

The reassurance that the tasks would not be embarrassing seemed to do much to reassure Sadao that there was nothing to worry about, and he nodded briefly, all of them relaxed. "Okay! We can totally do this!" Chirped Emi, waving her sticks like pom poms!

On direction, they all shut their eyes, half of them giggling in excitement as Miroru moved to study the task. For a moment, she seemed almost stumped, then perked up. "I've got it! Okay, Aimi, Jun, follow my voice, over here!" She waited for the two to head over, and gently picked up Jun to set him on Aimi's back. "Stay there, okay? This won't take long!" She hurried to the other branch and called out again. "Emi, Sadao, over here!" The pair ambled over, and Miroru picked them both up, setting Emi about halfway along the branch, and Sadao towards the end.

"Okay! So here's what we're gonna do! Jun, open your mouth, and Aimi-" Miroru scooted so she was on the opposite side of the ring. "-you walk towards the sound of my voice! Jun, when you feel the ring in your mouth, close it and lift your nose to hold the ring upright!"

As they got started, she called over to Sadao and Emi. "Sadao, when Aimi comes over, Jun will keep the hoop up and you're gonna open your mouth. When the top of the hoop is in your mouth, close it, and Emi, you pull him back to settle the ring properly!"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 21, 2022 0:23:13 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Tricks

Azarea watched on as Miroru approached the problem at hand and began to lead the group of foxes in the exercise. The woman pleased that the girl had caught on to the fact that she'd not specified that Miroru couldn't physically guide the foxes. Specially given when they would be in mixed groups she'd need a variety of ways to direct them. "You're doing fine. Keep up the good work." Azarea called out her encouragement as she settled back down on her previous sitting rock to observe the group work. Carefully making sure none of the little foxes were peaking at all.

"And yes Sengo, the author I told you about, is a fox person. In fact his book he writes is about the adventures of a lazy fox. I'll introduce the two of you sometime. I think you'd get along. There's also Hana who is in the exams. She's also from the same clan though I think she's more involved with the family the Sengo is." She explains lending a bit of added difficulty with distraction in terms of conversation and... The woman draws a bag of dried fruit from her pocket purposefully rustling it to catch the little kit's attention and see if she could trick them into opening their eyes.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 213 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 22, 2022 20:08:19 GMT -5
Summon Strategies [Azarea]Oct 21, 2022 21:44:14 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@azarea | 232 | notes
"Yeah! Thanks! Hear that, guys! The Skulk is doin' great! Keep it up!" Miroru cheered as Aimi trotted carefully across the field towards the second tree. "Oop. Just a bit to your right. No, YOUR right! I was correcting already! Yah, just there! Keep your snout up, Jun! That's it- right there! Sadao! Get ready to- HEY. NO. SADAO I SEE YOU SNIFFIN'. SNACKS LATER. FOCUS! You can do this! Aaaaaaaand... CHOMP!"

The little dark fox snapped his jaws shut, tail flicking and fussing with excitement. "Emi! Grab'im! Pull him back to secure the loop! Little bit... little more..."

The loop passed the thread!

"THERE! WHOOOO! Team Skulk passes the first hurdle!"
Miroru crowed, turning to face Azarea, crossing her arms triumphantly! "You gotta bring the big guns to distract these guys from a game! Dried fruit is how you distract ME! You need JERKY for these punks!" She giggled as they all popped their eyes open and scrambled over towards her, jumping on her in excitement and rambling about their victory! "WAAH! Yes, yes, you all did awesome! Careful- you're gonna- AAAAAGH!" She toppled, and the Skulk happily settled on top of her, preening in their moment of triumph.

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0

quick reply

compose a reply